Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 2673, Gentleman 1 wrote:thanks for both quoting those and giving me the benefit of the doubt
For what it's worth to be perfectly clear, that wasn't sarcasm and I genuinely AM giving you the benefit of the doubt.

This game moves so quickly it is incredibly easy to miss evens or smaller parts of posts. It's why I am sort of playing the game twice, so to speak. Once in live mode, then once in effort post wall mode.

To focus on one or the other exclusively is to stagnate.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

that’s an excellent mindset. My current approach is two-fold as well, being to react live and read ISOs to collect data. I feel like it’s really good at helping me with my stunted charisma in that my key method of developing reads isn’t really tied to interacting with others so I should be able to realize more effectively when my charisma is falling short. Haven’t really aimed to convince anyone of anything yet so I can’t say for certain what this approach does for my charisma yet
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Two more hours of an epic deathmatch between me and my work phone line. Then I go back into wallposting mode, while I cook dinner.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

truly a man of many talents

i can barely hold my phone and read at the same time

i envy you
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 2655, Lady 6 wrote:Lady 4, I've been meaning to ask you, and this was a long time ago so if you don't remember oh well, but is there a reason you weren't curious why Gent 7 found you "not as good?" Additionally, who were you hoping to pair with at this point in the game?

Spoiler:
In post 625, Gentleman 7 wrote:
I ask Lady 6 to the dance.

Definitely the cutest, most honorable and townie looking lady.
In post 626, Lady 4 wrote:Why 6?
In post 627, Gentleman 7 wrote:I don't trust Lady 1.

2 and 4 aren't as good.
In post 628, Lady 4 wrote:Wut about 5?
He wasn't explaining anything at the time so I didn't want to bother
I don't recall at that exact moment
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Lady 4 »

I picked Lady this round because I was curious who would end up asking me as I've played Gentleman in other dance games
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 2680, Lady 4 wrote:I picked Lady this round because I was curious who would end up asking me as I've played Gentleman in other dance games
Hmm, I haven't even thought about if choosing one or the other changes anything about how I feel about players this game. I've always been a gent, both as a replacement and starting slot in these sorts of setups.

It's obviously not alignment indicative as lady v gent was chosen before alignments were handed out... but do you feel discussion of it is worthwhile regardless?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

has gentleman 2 danced with you much, lady 4? if so, does he take his sunglasses off while he dances or is he too cool for that?
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2607, Lady 3 wrote:am i toxic :(
no, lady 3. that's not a move water pokemon learn in gen 1
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 2658, Gentleman 1 wrote:reading someone on playstyle seems like a very silly idea in an anonymous game
I'm not reading her on her playstyle, I'm reading her on her play. The specific things she did this game.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 2681, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 2680, Lady 4 wrote:I picked Lady this round because I was curious who would end up asking me as I've played Gentleman in other dance games
Hmm, I haven't even thought about if choosing one or the other changes anything about how I feel about players this game. I've always been a gent, both as a replacement and starting slot in these sorts of setups.

It's obviously not alignment indicative as lady v gent was chosen before alignments were handed out... but do you feel discussion of it is worthwhile regardless?
Not particularly, I only brought it up because I was asked who I was hoping to ask me.
In post 2682, Gentleman 8 wrote:has gentleman 2 danced with you much, lady 4? if so, does he take his sunglasses off while he dances or is he too cool for that?
No he is very rude
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2614, Lady 3 wrote:and my PT is "could you please vote L4 since you said you scumread her and you're vanity wagoning right now??" "Wow do you really think the team is Lady 4 + me exactly you must be bad"
yeah, but... but then there's the horrors occurring inside the PT i'm in...

trust me, you could have it worse
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.4

Gentleman 9 - Lady 3 [2] - Lady 5, Lady 7
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8 [0] -
Gentleman 1 - Lady 7 [0] -
Gentleman 8 - Lady 5 [1] - Gentleman 8
Gentleman 3 - Lady 6 [0] -
Gentleman 6 - Lady 1 [1] - Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4 - Lady 2 [2] - Lady 4, Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2 - Lady 4 [5] - Lady 3, Lady 6, Gentleman 9, Gentleman 5, Lady 1

Not Voting [5]
- Gentleman 1, Gentleman 3, Gentleman 6, Lady 2, Lady 8

With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to execute

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2020-08-11 14:34:47)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I am done with work, but am utterly exhausted. Probably won't be for another few hours, for my effort posting time tonight... Guessing i'll have at most an hour, should be able to do at least one more, MAYBE two more tierposts.

When I get to the next set of them I'd love to spend some time with lady the 8th talking about the specifics of the "towntell" that gentleman the 9th exhibited and how it compares to a scum gambit attempt to do the same for cred. Spoiler alert, as a heavy gambiting player, there's enough differences between the reality we live in and the optimal way to have played it for me to take it at face value for now.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

You want to talk to me about Gent 9's 'towntell'? I don't think it was one although I'm inclined to think he actually did have that misunderstanding as it explains his fixation on reasons for people partnering with each other

I think if it is a scum gambit, I'm not sure he could have reasonably expected him to gain much towncred from it. I didn't have the reaction Seal Lady 6 had, and I didn't understand why she had hers until i had her explain it to me
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

If town can misread the setup then scum can.
It's not a conversation that would have been brought up in the scum PT.

I don't understand what makes this uniquely town even if I'd believe it's not a gambit.

Maybe I am just being dense about something idk.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2659, Gentleman 1 wrote:why do you need separate axes for town and scum
The Scum axis shows how how many "scummy" things the player has done as well, in my eyes. The towny bar is higher for everyone
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

Gent 2's quick burst of posts does not make me feel good about him
In post 2639, Gentleman 4 wrote:I want G2 to die and I don't get your case for why he isn't scum with G7. If you can convince me, then I probably don't really know and might even want the G5/L8 pair dead...
Should I be scumreading L2?
Why my pair dead?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2690, Lady 7 wrote:I don't understand what makes this uniquely town
i think nobody except the object of the deceased gentleman 7's undying affection suggested that?

i think the argument is more along the lines of "oh. so that's what he was thinking. makes more sense now" than anything though
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2576, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 2568, Gentleman 5 wrote:Lady 4 I think you are town and Gent 2 is mafia
It looks like you don't want to engage with Lady 4 so you push the weakest link of the pair.
This accusation doesn't come from reading the thread, I don't think, it's reactionary in response to being voted.
In post 2577, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 2575, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 2573, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 2548, Gentleman 5 wrote:My current theory is that Gent 2 is scum and Lady 4 is town
Then you're wrong.
this is not gonna convince anyone
You're terribly underestimating scum. If you think the game is easy, you're definitely wrong.
This is vague and fearmongering and he doesn't point to anybody in particular.
In post 2584, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 2579, Lady 3 wrote:Do you think there's a non-neglible number of players that consistently posts more (and what they're posting isn't fluff) as scum rather than town?
I'd say every scumteam should have at least one good scum. Gent 7 was probably the scum who couldn't keep up with the thread so he fell off. The other two scum must be in a fairly good spot if not better.
More vague stuff, he's not directly accusing anyone.
In post 2596, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 2592, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 2584, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 2579, Lady 3 wrote:Do you think there's a non-neglible number of players that consistently posts more (and what they're posting isn't fluff) as scum rather than town?
I'd say every scumteam should have at least one good scum. Gent 7 was probably the scum who couldn't keep up with the thread so he fell off. The other two scum must be in a fairly good spot if not better.
I appreciate you trying to think about the game but this is just gambler's fallacy.
It's not gambler's fallacy, it's common sense. A team of potatoes can't win, but a team of good-positioned scum can win if town goes for the potatoes.
This argument doesn't actually make it less likely that he's scum, he's just arguing not to eliminate him.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2691, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 2659, Gentleman 1 wrote:why do you need separate axes for town and scum
The Scum axis shows how how many "scummy" things the player has done as well, in my eyes. The towny bar is higher for everyone
I see
what’s confidence, in that case?
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

oh, i didn't say it in this thread

i also don't like gentleman 2's recent posts, fwiw

i just can't be bothered pulling up quotes and talking about why

ty gentleman 5!
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

and uh, i don't really believe gentleman 2's answers to the questions i asked about stuff he said in pre-dance either, but that was a while ago and i'm far too lazy to pull it up

in short though, the triple leave suggestion = bad, explanation = bad, i don't believe it
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 2689, Lady 8 wrote:You want to talk to me about Gent 9's 'towntell'?
Yeah, actually.

I am approaching from a "What would I do if I were scum in this setup" and if I were going to misread-the-setup gambit I'd sure as hell not have done it this way.

There's quite a bit of potential downside to misreading the setup ploys. If you are going to use it, you want to use it early, cash some towncred within the first phase (pre-dance) and use that to gain a partner. Making "scumreads" based upon it seems like incredibly high risk... and I'm not a risk adverse gambiter by any means, but there's no upside here. The potential gains form this gambit is entry to the dance if you expected not to make it. However, he was literally in the dance by page 5. Why continue this gambit with no new upsides for nearly another 90 pages of fast-paced content?

As for the "Well, what if he's scum and just flat out misread the setup" then to believe that reality, you have to go along that:

A: The other scum never discussed optimal play for this setup
B: Guy the 9th never planed for optimal play in the setup in his scum PT
C: Guy the 9th never asked about the setup spec the town was doing in the PT

I just don't buy A B and C happening simultaneously this far into the game, even though we flipped a total lurksack in guy the 7th. If for some reason this is true, the third hypothetical partner would also be a lurksack, or flying under the radar/coasting, in Guy the 3rd, Guy the 2nd, or something of the like. And I get the feeling guy the 3rd could be ruled out as a partner here because a scumteam with guy the 3rd on it has a university master's thesis paper on playing the setup optimally on it the day he replaced in.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 2685, Lady 4 wrote:No he is very rude
This is funny to me for some reason.
I'm fine with kicking out G2 btw.
In post 2692, Gentleman 5 wrote:Why my pair dead?
I don't townread you anymore for some reason, and I didn't townread L8 really before.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”