Micro 959 - Greater Idea Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 424, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you don't think it's weird she put glitch at L-1 then decided to flip 180 the other way?
Well if she's scum with Glitch, she wasn't obligated to place him on L-1 right before the deadline ends (in her mind).

The complete timeline is that she agreed with Pooky, then changed her mind and agreed with Glitch, then voted Glitch to ensure someone dies before deadline, and then stated she finds Glitch to be in the right. She votes Starbuck at this point

What's your theory on it?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

so we basically agreed to evict Glitch - then you said you wanted to dayvig glitch and told us to unvote and get a bandwagon on someone else so we could get 2 elims in today.

So when you ended up shooting NM - it was still assumed we would go ahead and evict Glitch again since that was the default choice previously.

Fidget voted Glitch
NDMath voted Glitch
Doubledare voted Glitch

it's only at this point Raya jumps on Glitch putting at E-1 - she sees the train leaving the station and she doesn't want to miss it.

Then Glitch calls her out on her vote of him and at this point DoubleDare unvotes and says he needs to re-read-

with the momentum basically reversed on the Glitch wagon - Raya then unvotes and claims it was because she missed the extension of the deadline - fidget unvotes and the wagon is completely derailed ast this point in the game.

I'm not sure I buy Raya's deadline shenanigans for her reversal - it feels like a very oppurtunistic jump when it was clear glitch was going to get the lynch - possibly because she wanted credit for evicting her scumbuddy - but as soon as momentum swung the other way she was happy to unvote and come up with a reversal - couple this with the fact that Raya wasn't on the original glitch wagon to begin with - I think we probably have Raya-Glitch being associated scumbuddies.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 1.9:

NDMath (3)
- Glitch, Ydrasse, Fidget
Glitch (2)
- NDMath, PookyTheMagicalBear
Starbuck (2)
- Raya36, Hectic
Raya36 (1)
- DoubleDare

Not voting (1)
- Starbuck

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is at 9pm BST on the 6th August. (expired on 2020-08-06 21:00:00).
Trans rights are human rights.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 406, Hectic wrote:Okay, just address this for me:
-You admitted earlier you have to pick and choose your words as third party or any other scum role.
-You prefer third party.
-In this game, you said you prefer town because you
don't
have to pick and choose your words.

Do you see the contradiction there? Could you explain that?
In post 407, Hectic wrote:
In post 304, Hectic wrote: You don't pick and choose your words as TP?
In post 306, Starbuck wrote: I think you have to pick and choose your words as any scum role. I like the multi-faction aspect of an all-powered game (again think Vi/Tar or my games on View Askew, which do have a little explanation in my Wiki), which I've said on repeat.
In post 408, Hectic wrote:
In post 130, Starbuck wrote:I prefer town, as I don't feel like I have to pick and choose my words or try to find holes in the words of someone who I know to be town. There's more freedom in being town than scum.
In post 409, Hectic wrote:
In post 404, Starbuck wrote:And yes, I do favor 3rd Party because of the site that I used to be on, which I've already mentioned multiple times, had some fantastic all powered games that had some fantastic mechanics.
Fidget, you read through these and disagree that there's a huge contradiction here? The important part here is the explanation for preferring town that's contradictory. Scum!Starbuck felt the need to give a reasonable explanation for preferring town which contradicts her (actual) preference for third party.

And yes, I really do believe it makes her scummy. Scum!me has no reason to draw this out or stick my neck out like this, given so many people disagree with me and are starting to suspect me for this. I also don't get her emotional reaction and think it's most likely scum AtE.

I understand that there's no use shouting the same thing again and again, so I'll drop it here, but yeah, Starbuck is most likely scum.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:24 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 412, Starbuck wrote:
In post 411, Ydrasse wrote:why did you discard bg?
Because Wild Card was my other option.
76/134 pure town roles after removing discards.

In post 416, DoubleDare wrote:
In post 167, NDMath wrote:Glitch saying pooky is wrong but not scummy isn't scummy because town are wrong often?
My point is more so that he's being scumread with reasons and his answers to those reasons aren't arguing he's town, just that he's right. [The post directed at me, made after I said that, excluded.]
How would someone argue that they themselves were town?
If people are giving you reasons why you're scummy you would argue either why those aren't scummy or why those reasons don't apply.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:27 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 427, Nexus wrote:
Votecount 1.9:

NDMath (3)
- Glitch, Ydrasse, Fidget
Glitch (2)
- NDMath, PookyTheMagicalBear
Starbuck (2)
- Raya36, Hectic
Raya36 (1)
- DoubleDare

Not voting (1)
- Starbuck

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is at 9pm BST on the 6th August. (expired on 2020-08-06 21:00:00).
VOTE: Starbuck
I'm still good with this.
Hopefully enough people are active to get a hang.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 413, Ydrasse wrote:...i am a little dumb. what does that do?
After the discards are revealed, it discards and draws one new role that I have to keep.
In post 415, DoubleDare wrote:No scumhunting, flippyflop votes on pooky and a looooooong stretch where she parks her vote on pooky while town reading him, only to jump off and then scumread him again.
Yeah, I'm leaning there a bit, too, but wanted to do some ISO work before I placed a vote. I've played a little with Raya and she's always a bit more in depth when she votes someone, and her quick sheep of Hectic with regards to me doesn't feel like the wholly town Raya that I've played with before.
In post 417, Fidget wrote:
In post 399, Starbuck wrote:
In post 389, Ydrasse wrote:though, if the chance to be a town pr arrived starbuck would pick it?
Absolutely.
In post 412, Starbuck wrote:
In post 411, Ydrasse wrote:why did you discard bg?
Because Wild Card was my other option.
????

Wild Card is you just get a totally random role, isn't it? So you threw away a town PR for a random card?
Yeah, I don't think BG is as great of a role as you make it out to be. I've never liked it and as I've said, I'm terrible at predicting who to protect. It's why I've been saying that just because someone discarded a Town PR that doesn't mean they aren't town.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

I love Pooky's 422 & 426.

@Pooky - What's your read on Raya?
DoubleDare
DoubleDare
Townie
DoubleDare
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:25 am

Post by DoubleDare »

Well there’s 4 hours left and I don’t want to flip starbuck.

VOTE: ndmath
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Starbuck »

So reading through Raya's ISO (and I wish I wasn't on mobile so I could be more thorough with quotes and links), but she waffles back and forth between Pooky and Glitch throughout the day. First she agrees with Pooky towards the beginning and now towards the end she completely flips her opinion around and agrees with Glitch. Stating that she doesn't think he's scum anymore and that Pooky is. I think Pooky's 422 & 426 explore this all really well.

Then there's the whole thing where she keeps bringing up why me/BG isn't being discussed the same way that Pooky/Doc is being discussed. When I asked this of her, she responded in 386 that she felt the hypocrisy was scummy not the discard and that she wasn't attacking me, but attacking their hypocrisy. However, I find this to be inconsistent because I feel like she was suspecting me all along given her quick sheep of Hectic. She gives two lines in that same post parroting Hectic's case, but nothing further in regards to me.

There's a bit more, but that's all I have time for on my break. I do think there's POE in Raya/Hectic/Glitch. I think at this point I'd prefer a Raya elimination most of all, but eliminating within there would be best. My opinion hasn't changed on Glitch and I'd be willing to swap there if needed.

VOTE: Raya36
DoubleDare
DoubleDare
Townie
DoubleDare
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:26 am

Post by DoubleDare »

F-1
DoubleDare
DoubleDare
Townie
DoubleDare
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:30 am

Post by DoubleDare »

In post 374, Glitch wrote:I am phone posting so I can't quite efficiently and these are just jumbled thoughts. But out of current wagons the only one I'm happy with is NDmath. His posts lack contribution and seem iioa and fluff. I think his view on me is poorly based in part in our previous game together where I was scum and he's reading my general playstyle as AI when it's just how I play regardless of alignment. And I am an easy target for scum to jump on, especially when given such an easy opportunity to be like "oh look glitch is being glitchy and I associate that with scum so vote him." Not cool. VOTE: NDmath
You think he’s wrong, or scum, or both?
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:06 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 433, DoubleDare wrote:Well there’s 4 hours left and I don’t want to flip starbuck.

VOTE: ndmath
Hardclaiming lone mason.

Following our the mason cards for reference:
Mason
Mason
Mason
Mason
Mason Doctor
Mason Lover

Werewolf Mason
Survivor Mason
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:09 am

Post by NDMath »

VOTE: Glitch
I'll for sure be back at least once before deadline.

I chose mason over gladiator because there's a lot of ways for gladiator to go wrong whereas mason can't.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Fidget »

Wouldn't Gladiator maker confirm you as town after using the ability, though?
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Fidget »

VOTE: Glitch l-2
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:44 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 432, Starbuck wrote:I love Pooky's 422 & 426.

she doesn't feel as townie as the other times I've played with her but glitch imo should still hang first because if glitch flips red its pretty likely raya is also red with him
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
DoubleDare
DoubleDare
Townie
DoubleDare
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:46 am

Post by DoubleDare »

Why did you have zero reaction to the other mason claims?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 441, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 432, Starbuck wrote:I love Pooky's 422 & 426.

she doesn't feel as townie as the other times I've played with her but glitch imo should still hang first because if glitch flips red its pretty likely raya is also red with him
Agreed.

VOTE: Glitch
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 438, NDMath wrote:I chose mason over gladiator because there's a lot of ways for gladiator to go wrong whereas mason can't.
I can see this.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Hectic »

I'm around. Starbuck on L-2 and Glitch on L-1. I believe NDMath's mason claim given there's been so much talk of masons - seems risky as a fakeclaim.

Would vastly prefer Starbuck for reasons stated, but I'll hammer Glitch if needed.

Also, Fidget didn't respond to me on why she disagrees with me on the case :[
Please recruit me if you're in a cult of some kind. I am ready to accept my true calling.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 406, Hectic wrote:Okay, just address this for me:
-You admitted earlier you have to pick and choose your words as third party or any other scum role.
-You prefer third party.
-In this game, you said you prefer town because you
don't
have to pick and choose your words.

Do you see the contradiction there? Could you explain that?
In post 414, Hectic wrote:It's the last thing, just try and address that last point for me.

I'll gift you a limestone chandelier if you do.
Starbuck is ignoring me because she can't answer this. Can I claim a day cop guilty please? I haven't been so sure of a scumread in a while.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:22 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 439, Fidget wrote:Wouldn't Gladiator maker confirm you as town after using the ability, though?
Yes if successful, but if I'm roleblocked or either of the two players I target die I have absolutely nothing.
In post 442, DoubleDare wrote:Why did you have zero reaction to the other mason claims?
I townread hectic but saying so would easily allow a scum!hectic to fake claim mason if I die.
Saying disbelief of the mason claim would make people wonder if I'm a mason which is unideal.
DoubleDare
DoubleDare
Townie
DoubleDare
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:30 am

Post by DoubleDare »

Why did you townread hectic?

What would be unidieal about players wondering if you were mason?
DoubleDare
DoubleDare
Townie
DoubleDare
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:31 am

Post by DoubleDare »

Why did you think hectic would be fake claiming? How did it make you feel? What went through your mind?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”