Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3050 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 3049, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 3047, Gentleman 2 wrote:After we flip, G4-L2 is going to be next, right?
If the totem pole remains the same and we follow it, probably.

I thought you wanted us to do G9 or G5 and avoid following consensus, though. Wouldn't your argument against those wagoning you then, in turn, apply to those who go after G4/L2 next?
Stagnant wagons are problematic. Though, it's hard to achieve anything when nine votes are needed to lynch.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3051 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 3048, Lady 6 wrote:I think Gent 1 is scum
I could consider it. But then confbias warriors would say I am all over the place and I am afraid of Gent 5 endgaming town after being given a free pass from a free mislynch.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3052 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Lady 6 »

consider this: it is more scummy to avoid a mislynch and otherwise play passively than is it to push a mislynch
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3053 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

I don't see why Gent 5 is being townread. It doesn't feel like he's trying to solve the game. I feel like Gent 5 and Gent 9 get townread for their verbose.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3054 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

I'm not verbose
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3055 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

I'm not townread either
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3056 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 3048, Lady 6 wrote:I think Gent 1 is scum
I was a big proponent of this, but I went back to reread sans and sans was fairly town in retrospect?
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3057 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Lady 6 »

sans was pleasant to read but I don't see anything that particularly strikes me as town

nagito is straight scummy imo
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3058 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Lady 7 »

How? Straight up what is his agenda
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3059 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 3024, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 3012, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 2905, Gentleman 2 wrote:Shouldn't endgame:

Gentleman 9 - Lady 3
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8
Gentleman 4 - Lady 2
these suck
Eh. That leaves:

Gent 1 / Lady 7
Gent 3 / Lady 6
Gent 6 / Lady 1
(IC Pair)

All three of those ladies are town, and I think we're hitting at least one scum in the pairs he left out.
Oh I'm a dumbass I misread. I thought he said SHOULD ENDGAME.
Yeah no there's definitely scum in the pairs G2 listed sorry!
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3060 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 3053, Gentleman 2 wrote:I don't see why Gent 5 is being townread. It doesn't feel like he's trying to solve the game. I feel like Gent 5 and Gent 9 get townread for their verbose.
I'm not telling you to town read gent 5, although I do think you are off base about gent 9

although I'm afraid I don't think it's particularly scummy to be pushing a mislynch with 14 town and 2 scum alive
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3061 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 3058, Lady 7 wrote:How? Straight up what is his agenda
to appear townie enough to endgame with you lol
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3062 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 3058, Lady 7 wrote:How? Straight up what is his agenda
agenda magenta flagenda doodenda

ok his agenda is to stay alive, cause few waves, and look town - the most basic scum agenda - but he isn't actually doing things town would do

he starts by saying he's gonna read through and analyze all the ladies in search of a G7 partner, then he picks a few posts from L1's iso, scum reads them, and just kinda stops there

his most recent pop ins (and in fact his whole ISO) are full of questions and posts that are honestly just kind of useless? It looks like he's posting and responding to stuff in order to post and respond to stuff, not because he actually has any interest in what the answer is going to be.

Spoiler: Let's just look at some examples
In post 2941, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 2824, Lady 5 wrote:There is a fetish on this site for equivocating on eliminations I stg
what does this mean
In post 2945, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 2910, Lady 7 wrote:VOTE: Lady 4

Fine L3 I'll place the vote for you.
Whatever let's move the game forward, even if I think this is bad.
don’t do this. Despair is not what is needed from you now.

G8, my current reads of much strength at L7 and L5 as town, and L1 as scum. I don’t exactly have a lot outside these though
unsure why he's telling you not to vote a wagon he evidently doesn't have a read on or has commented on at all before now
In post 2946, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 2931, Lady 3 wrote:I guess it's scumsided modding to let fakehammering influence when you post a VC but I don't see strong evidence that FakeGod did so here, he posts VCs around this time all time

like I'm all for criticizing FakeGod's actual weaknesses like being too lazy to responding to feedback he got about usernames in perfect masquerade and proceeding to precipitate his own mod errors in this game because of that

but he's mostly a good mod and I think he knows about impartiality and would think critically about letting fakehammers influence his VC schedule
I think any mod would feel pressured to produce a prompt VC any time a hammer is suspected, which would explain away any “scumsided modding” arguments imo. Don’t know what you mean about precipitating mod errors
In post 2176, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 2173, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 2170, Lady 7 wrote:If the question is, does Lady 7 ever let a scum buddy die, I am not sure, it's all wifom because G7.vampire could have gone for a "big AtE" play and tell L4.Salad to bus him anyway in hopes of being an end game pair.
I am leaning town and I am not voting them as a result, but honestly I wouldn't be that suprised if Salad ended up being a werewolf or warlock.
SLIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

VOTE: Lady 4
Is this a genuine call out or nah
In post 1996, Gentleman 1 wrote:What wrong with Ankamius/Alyssa?
In post 2023, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 81, Lady 1 wrote:The part that makes Lady 7 townie to me isn't the fact that she faked a townslip it's that everyone was buying into it. Maybe a TMI that lady is town. The rest of the stuff is pretty basic that you could look up by seeing the other dance games.

I got left in pre dance last game so I'm sorry if I'm a little emotional today.
Is there a lot of this? I'd assume statements regarding who you were in the last game to be against the rules.
unsure why town really cares or worries about this
In post 2043, Gentleman 1 wrote:Also can someone answer my question about whether callbacks to the last anonymous dance are common?

I don't want to act like town can't have some fun or make posts that aren't game advancing. Town does quite a bit, but G1 has quite a volume of fluff compared to the other posts he's made. And when he does make game observations, they just seem milque-toast? His town reads are L7 and L5. And he scum reads L1. He's also shaded G4. He also seems perfectly happy with this level of understanding. Despite the wagon on Lady 4/Gent 2 ramping up, he's taken no interest in understanding it or offering an opinion on it. Like, I'd expect a townie to see the VC and at least be like "Okay guys what's the case on this pair?" but he's content to just post a few times about random stuff and then disappear, presumably waiting for the wagon to go through and then he can push more on G4 or something.

Speaking of his L1 scum read:
In post 2029, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 1907, Lady 1 wrote:Wtf Gent 7 was a vampire who did that gimmic all game? I'm like, disappointed and surprised at the same time
This refers to the insistence on pairing with L6 right

How is that a not-scum gimmick? Like, wut *visible confusion*
I gut scum read this post but others may not agree

also, he claims he's still scum reading L1, but after his scum read he
In post 2071, Gentleman 1 wrote:Yeah actually that doesn’t read as any sort of recognizable agenda with that correction, still not a fan of the damage control but it’s probably not enough to substantiate a vote rn
backs off of it and gives himself an excuse not to vote. He's literally just floating around and he seems content to. "probably not enough to substantiate a vote rn" is a really weird thing for town to say especially at this stage in the game.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3063 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I have a one hour lunch break, and you all know what that means, activity levels be damned...

Tier A “I currently have no plans to vote here, barring major changes in game state”

{Gent the 9th, Lady the 6th} (AM demoting Lady the 3rd and Lady the 8th down to tier A- because Gent the 9th and Lady the 6th deserve their own higher spot)

Spoiler: Gent the 9th
I think most of what I have for town reading this slot has been covered by prior posts of mine, so don't mind me lazily quoting them back in here...
In post 2698, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 2689, Lady 8 wrote:You want to talk to me about Gent 9's 'towntell'?
Yeah, actually.

I am approaching from a "What would I do if I were scum in this setup" and if I were going to misread-the-setup gambit I'd sure as hell not have done it this way.

There's quite a bit of potential downside to misreading the setup ploys. If you are going to use it, you want to use it early, cash some towncred within the first phase (pre-dance) and use that to gain a partner. Making "scumreads" based upon it seems like incredibly high risk... and I'm not a risk adverse gambiter by any means, but there's no upside here. The potential gains form this gambit is entry to the dance if you expected not to make it. However, he was literally in the dance by page 5. Why continue this gambit with no new upsides for nearly another 90 pages of fast-paced content?

As for the "Well, what if he's scum and just flat out misread the setup" then to believe that reality, you have to go along that:

A: The other scum never discussed optimal play for this setup
B: Guy the 9th never planed for optimal play in the setup in his scum PT
C: Guy the 9th never asked about the setup spec the town was doing in the PT

I just don't buy A B and C happening simultaneously this far into the game, even though we flipped a total lurksack in guy the 7th. If for some reason this is true, the third hypothetical partner would also be a lurksack, or flying under the radar/coasting, in Guy the 3rd, Guy the 2nd, or something of the like. And I get the feeling guy the 3rd could be ruled out as a partner here because a scumteam with guy the 3rd on it has a university master's thesis paper on playing the setup optimally on it the day he replaced in.
There are a few minor other points in favor of townreading Sir the 9th. One of the most recent was this post:
In post 2807, Gentleman 9 wrote:G6 are you intentionally changing styling up so ctrl - fing your iso would be harder

Which is what I got instead of any sort of acknowledgement of the towncase I'd just made (see above) for him. If you're scum and somebody is advocating for you hard, do you really poke them on minor technicality bullshit?

Spoiler: Lady the 6th
Lady the 6th (Who I really wish would walk into a club~) is tone-towning. As far as concrete reasons to townread her, I have these:

1. She latched onto Guy the 1st's "Townslip" by poking holes on it then forcing others to commit one way or the other.
2. This read did not change several pages later even as the general consensus was to accept it as a townslip or townleaning-action and move on
3. As early as the 300s, she is taking charge and actively trying to shape other pairings
4. I don't think post 650 happens as partners with Guy the 7th. Not when you could easily go back and "I like the recent posts from guy the 7th, and now accept"
Sidebar... Post 789 sure is prophetic:
In post 789, Lady 6 wrote:Personally, if I had complete control I'd probably put you with G8 and then have Lady 1/Gent 6 pair up. And then Gent 4/Lady 2, and maybe Gent 2/Lady 4? Those last ones are a bit tentative but I think those are my pairings.
5. The incredibly delicate and deliberate way of talking about Guy the 3rds post in their PT is like "I will stay out of his lines of questioning" in a way she doesn't have to do in any world where she's mafia.

I really REALLY hope i can have my fears about guy the 3rd assured so that I can send this woman to endgame.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3064 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I disagree with the notion he is trying to survive. I don't think he has even has the chance to get into the game and killing him after 3 IRL days for not being able to get into a game of this volume just seems ridiculous to me really
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3065 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I am not even arguing he is town, I think we have insufficient information to make that call. And the posts of a struggling individual are always going to turn up "yucky".

Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3066 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:34 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 3065, Lady 7 wrote:I am not even arguing he is town, I think we have insufficient information to make that call. And the posts of a struggling individual are always going to turn up "yucky".
I don't particularly disagree with this.

I say this as somebody who took a while to start his deliveries of actual content.

My stones will find plenty of glass walls. I like the case itself, and the timing thereof, as yet another townread reason for lady the 6th. She is not content to merely wait around or case the probable flips that will occur of 4/2 and 2/4.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3067 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:36 am

Post by Lady 3 »

..did L6 even vote for him?
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3068 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I don't want to be dismiissive of your case so I am going to try to answer it while breaking it down part by part.

When I was casing Gent 7, I came up with an agenda so I think it matters. I disagree with the notion he is playing to survive.

Sorry I asked a trick question because I didn't think he had an agenda because I don't think he is trying to survive. He is fluffing too push, taking a weird push instead of going for easy town reads. He doesn't want to create easy town reads despite it being atrociously easy to just steal someones from 40 pages ago. How hard would it be to call you town or anyone else for the matter? The fact he has piss all in terms of reads to me is more parallel to my disengaged town reads where I don't want to say anything. While I am disengaged as scum I'll spew out a bunch of "reads" since it really isn't that hard.

I think the awkwardness and the fluff inside his post can be summed up my post 3064. Basically the dude just isn't invested in the game yet, he didn't read the first 100 pages. Is that your fault, obviously not but I don't think it's his fault either. I agree he could be doing more but I also don't think this incredibly minimalist confused style he has right now indicates scum. It just indicates he isn't invested in the game which isn't unique to him. Your partner G3 is starting to get overwhelmed as well or he just fell off, I don't think the scum team is exactly both our partners so that's how I feel about that.

The second post I think makes sense from him actually? Lady 5 is literally trying to kill a pair she can't case because she wants the game to progress. People in this game have shown they don't have enough to substantiate a scum read.
To list people who are open about that me and Lady 8 are.

I think you are calling out awkwardness but I think it's genuine and I don't think that indicates his alignment. If he literally never picks up, obviously I am going to bomb I am not incompetent I am aware I can't rely on a read like this forever.

Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3069 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 3064, Lady 7 wrote:I disagree with the notion he is trying to survive. I don't think he has even has the chance to get into the game and killing him after 3 IRL days for not being able to get into a game of this volume just seems ridiculous to me really
I'm not saying we should kill him immediately, notice I'm still voting for G2/L4

I'm still on board with getting rid of G2/L4 first since I rather think those slots must go

I'm particularly interested in getting G1's reads on G2/L4 and the wagon on them

I just woke up feeling particularly strongly about this read and wanted to see what other's thought
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3070 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 3065, Lady 7 wrote:
I am not even arguing he is town, I think we have insufficient information to make that call. And the posts of a struggling individual are always going to turn up "yucky"
While I think this is true to an extent, I think there are scum!struggle posts and town!struggle posts.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3071 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Lady 6 »

okay, that's fair. apologies if it seemed like I was pushing for your pair to go immediately. I just had a sudden realization there was pretty much nothing from that slot that resembled town to me and I wanted to make sure that was out there.

I do think there's a lot gained from letting G1 have more time to acclimated
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3072 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Personally when I struggle as scum I spew a wide range of reads, I end up looking like a buffoon and die as a result because they are all bad consensus reads I can't explain.
As town I sit on my hands and say "fuck everyone I don't know what I am doing and you can't force me to make reads".

I think I can argue a case to defend him within the range of everyone, but from my personal experiences I am leaning town because he strikes me as being similar to my town game then my scum game. But I don't think I can impose reads based on my own play style on other people so you can ignore this post if you want. It's really just a wordy gut town read.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3073 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Don't apologize I am a very rash individual, to some degree I might have over reacted.
But I've also felt people think I am being dismissive this game so I wanted to be more thorough especially when arguing a topic I feel more passionate about.

If you got a weird vibe it was probably more on me then you.

Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3074 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Lady 2 »

I'll be out of town for the weekend, just so you all know. Please don't do anything dumb. (She says, knowing that she'll probably be disappointed.)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”