Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3075 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 3072, Lady 7 wrote:Personally when I struggle as scum I spew a wide range of reads, I end up looking like a buffoon and die as a result because they are all bad consensus reads I can't explain.
As town I sit on my hands and say "fuck everyone I don't know what I am doing and you can't force me to make reads".

I think I can argue a case to defend him within the range of everyone, but from my personal experiences I am leaning town because he strikes me as being similar to my town game then my scum game. But I don't think I can impose reads based on my own play style on other people so you can ignore this post if you want. It's really just a wordy gut town read.
yeah I can see this angle

personally because I already kind of have an idea of what I'm looking for if the G2/L4 pair flips scum, I started thinking about if it's T/T, and I think G1 fits the bill of someone standing off to the side waiting for the wagon to happen. The wagon itself is stagnant perhaps because scum are in a fragile enough position they don't want to risk dirtying themselves to much with it, but also don't want to push elsewhere because they hope it goes through.

Of course, G1 isn't necessarily the only slot that fits that bill. I just thought he fit that footprint especially well. Also, it's pretty moot if this wagon flips red imo.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3076 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Lady 3 »

Be sure to bold a VLA request Rosa
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3077 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:28 am

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 3062, Lady 6 wrote:I don't want to act like town can't have some fun or make posts that aren't game advancing. Town does quite a bit, but G1 has quite a volume of fluff compared to the other posts he's made. And when he does make game observations, they just seem milque-toast? His town reads are L7 and L5. And he scum reads L1. He's also shaded G4. He also seems perfectly happy with this level of understanding. Despite the wagon on Lady 4/Gent 2 ramping up, he's taken no interest in understanding it or offering an opinion on it. Like, I'd expect a townie to see the VC and at least be like "Okay guys what's the case on this pair?" but he's content to just post a few times about random stuff and then disappear, presumably waiting for the wagon to go through and then he can push more on G4 or something.
I think your summary of Gent 1 is fine and fair, although I'm not sure it's distinctly scummy over just being town not terribly involved with the game.
In post 3063, Gentleman 6 wrote:
Spoiler: Gent the 9th
I think most of what I have for town reading this slot has been covered by prior posts of mine, so don't mind me lazily quoting them back in here...
In post 2698, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 2689, Lady 8 wrote:You want to talk to me about Gent 9's 'towntell'?
Yeah, actually.

I am approaching from a "What would I do if I were scum in this setup" and if I were going to misread-the-setup gambit I'd sure as hell not have done it this way.

There's quite a bit of potential downside to misreading the setup ploys. If you are going to use it, you want to use it early, cash some towncred within the first phase (pre-dance) and use that to gain a partner. Making "scumreads" based upon it seems like incredibly high risk... and I'm not a risk adverse gambiter by any means, but there's no upside here. The potential gains form this gambit is entry to the dance if you expected not to make it. However, he was literally in the dance by page 5. Why continue this gambit with no new upsides for nearly another 90 pages of fast-paced content?

As for the "Well, what if he's scum and just flat out misread the setup" then to believe that reality, you have to go along that:

A: The other scum never discussed optimal play for this setup
B: Guy the 9th never planed for optimal play in the setup in his scum PT
C: Guy the 9th never asked about the setup spec the town was doing in the PT

I just don't buy A B and C happening simultaneously this far into the game, even though we flipped a total lurksack in guy the 7th. If for some reason this is true, the third hypothetical partner would also be a lurksack, or flying under the radar/coasting, in Guy the 3rd, Guy the 2nd, or something of the like. And I get the feeling guy the 3rd could be ruled out as a partner here because a scumteam with guy the 3rd on it has a university master's thesis paper on playing the setup optimally on it the day he replaced in.
There are a few minor other points in favor of townreading Sir the 9th. One of the most recent was this post:
In post 2807, Gentleman 9 wrote:G6 are you intentionally changing styling up so ctrl - fing your iso would be harder

Which is what I got instead of any sort of acknowledgement of the towncase I'd just made (see above) for him. If you're scum and somebody is advocating for you hard, do you really poke them on minor technicality bullshit?
I don't think it's a gambit at all. He misread the setup and pursued sort of weird angles on Gent 5/3 because of it. I don't think anyone else thinks it's a gambit either from what I remember. As for your second half:

Spoiler: A/B
I think it's agiven Gent 7 didn't discuss optimal play in the scum PT. However, ignoring that, here's the specific misunderstanding:

"I thought there was only one voted elimination per dance, and the rest of eliminations were done by pairs leaving."

From this misunderstanding, Gent 9 would likely put a lot of emphasis on picking the right partner in his advice/discussing with other scum, I'd imagine. However-- would that interfere with optimal play discussions?

I'm guessing that scum wants a partner who will A.) get townread and B.) will townread the scum. I don't see how Gent 9's misunderstanding would pop up in that conversation-- those things are true regardless of the elimination method because leaving is a thing in his misunderstanding world and in reality.

What I'm trying to say is, I think it's possible an opportunity to correct him could arise, but it's easily possible it didn't. It doesn't take 3 separate things aligning, I think all three of your points are very similar

As for C, what do you mean by setup spec the town is doing? Was there a moment in the game where we discussed how eliminations work, and if so, why would he ask about it in the PT?

Your last point is fair enough lol
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3078 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Lady 4 »

i think it's highly sus that L3 ignored my request for her "scumcase" on me
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3079 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Lady 4 »

my eyes are just glazing over so many posts here tbh
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3080 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 3079, Lady 4 wrote:my eyes are just glazing over so many posts here tbh
This is one of those games that you have to play twice to stay up-to-date on.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3081 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 3032, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 3029, Gentleman 4 wrote:Every hang after yours will be a nontrivial decision and it's hard for me to read into the motivations of G5 because I feel like your pair was always going to be pushed by town and scum.
Could we spill wine on people's tuxes so they have to go home and change instead of hanging them
ahem...

my ball, my rules

there will be no hanging, but there will also be no wastage of wine (and you should consider yourself unbelievably lucky that you are not being drawn and quartered for even suggesting that)

people who leave the dance will be given a set of crayons and a roll of parchment and will be asked to spend the rest of the dance helping gentleman 7 draw a picture book about seals in the corner over there. i hear he's just finished storyboarding his "epic masterpiece" as he calls it and is currently working on the first draft but is in desperate need of artists
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3082 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 2340, Lady 3 wrote:VOTE: Lady 4
This slot gives me the heebie jeebies and I don't trust people to deal with it right after I've left.
bananas can you please be productive and help me make it happen rather than voting my hardtown.
if l6.dewgong is scum town!you loses the game accept it I will stan so hard
In post 2343, Lady 3 wrote:it is so slimy how L4 is being opportunistic and dodgy and shy about eliminating my slot and -then- is acting like that is townier than being bold about it and that makes me think she is scum going about it in a way that she actually perceives as being most beneficial for her slot and that's so many kinds of goosebumps
In post 2653, Lady 3 wrote:there's no reason to believe g7 is particularly fond of seals versus g7 was playing towards the wincon of a certain subteam. The "joke" is the former is easier on the brain and g8 as lazy IC posting the analysis can just choose to believe g7 has a seal fetish in his analysis
part of my bloodcraving for L4 is that L4 was a living lady at the time G7 arbitrarily selected L6 to proposition and I feel like it doesn't take much skim of the thread to decide L4 would be more likely (still less likely than 50%, but more likely) to accept than L6 which suggests L4 may be scum
These are the posts you didn't quote L4

Was hoping to listen to you whine less, but if you'll whine about me not reposting them the way you're going to whine about my reasoning I guess I just always break even.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3083 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 574, Lady 4 wrote:Can both of you talk about Rosalina 2 because that's my strongest SR rn
Lady 4 has this constant style of asking other people to bring up things she's adversarial to
specifically so she can gnaw at them
over and over again
planning from the getgo to oppose them, never giving any appearance of genuine curiosity of the other players' point of view
i don't think I've seen a cycle like this run so consistently before
but it seems to make more sense for someone who has everybody's rolecards than someone who doesn't
it's certainly considerably less town indicative than being able to just run out with a hot take, the way L6dewgong recently did on nagito and the way l3sherlock entered the game
I don't get why my townread on this slot is so lonesome
i mean I guess it isn't people are voting there
but like L7blue says people don't mean it, I think it is actually a bad slot
the most favorable interpretation is a quirk of her particular adapation to a large
but directly contradicts the exact style of play she said was ideal in like her 3rd post so maybe it's just a sequal to 7bandana
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3084 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Lady 3 »

the above quote comes before ever making AI posts about "her strongest scumread" by the way. It strikes me bizarre

i just wanted to pick anything that exemplifies the way she's been approaching this game
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3085 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:36 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.6

Gentleman 9 - Lady 3 [2] - Lady 4, Gentleman 2
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8 [0] -
Gentleman 1 - Lady 7 [0] -
Gentleman 8 - Lady 5 [1] - Gentleman 8
Gentleman 3 - Lady 6 [0] -
Gentleman 6 - Lady 1 [1] - Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4 - Lady 2 [1] - Lady 5
Gentleman 2 - Lady 4 [6] - Lady 3, Lady 6, Gentleman 9, Gentleman 5, Lady 1, Gentleman 6

Not Voting [5]
- Gentleman 1, Gentleman 3, Lady 2, Lady 8, Lady 7

With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to execute

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2020-08-11 14:34:47)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3086 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

did gentleman 3 say he had something super interesting and amazing to say or are we just waiting for him because hes mysterious and handsome?
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3087 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

if it's just because lady 6 is lonely without a dance partner, well uh... i know a certain gentleman who's currently sitting in a corner and has a... mild interest in seals, to put it lightly

maybe we can organise something
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3088 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:20 am

Post by beeboy »

Nah I want to wait for him.
He had a reason to town read the pair so I want him to be able to explain it.

I also agree with that read so I'd like another individual be able to put it into words.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3089 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:21 am

Post by beeboy »

heh
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3090 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

were you lady 7?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3091 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Lady 3 »

rip
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3092 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Goddamit that better not be G8
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3093 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

ah crap I literally just said in my PT how happy I was that we weren't getting any more replacements from people main slipping That's you lady the 6th is it not
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3094 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Lady 3 »

beeboy was contradicting G8, you're fine gaia
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3095 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Well hey on the plus side I don’t know beeboy for shit so it’s not like this will help me meta his slot’s posts anyway
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3096 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Lady 5 »

I’m gonna be so said if current G8 outs
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3097 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Sad*
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3098 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I think we just accidentally clubbed a seal to death and that makes me sad
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3099 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Lady 3 »

maybe if we all pretend it's unclear who beeboy was posting for they will be able to stay..

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”