Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:27 am

Post by redtea »

Gotta say doesn't really look the same to me
*Old account here
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:30 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1123, redtea wrote:But how is that town behavior
I keep having great reads, but some town always suspect me over scum because "hOw Is iT tOwN bEhAvIoUr tO dO X??!?" (X= Deviant behaviour of the week)
The reason my behavior includes things players don't understand is because i play mafia in a way that is entertaining for myself. I don't want a leash.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:31 am

Post by BananaCucho »

fwiw Norwee, I get you
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Anyway, if those questions really were that important. Quote them. I'm too bored to look back on the game right now. I feel like i've already got it solved.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:53 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1117, Porkens wrote:Staring to get low grade pings from a couple others
Who are these?

- Bunno
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:54 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1121, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 1120, Jackel98 wrote:
In post 1115, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Maybe later.
dude you are the worst except the worst is better than you smh
Heyyyyyyy that name seems familiar, do they still play mafia?
Yep memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26964
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1025, redtea wrote:This might be coming to a head.
I still don’t get this post. Is it some kind of gangster slang i’m unfamiliar with?

- Bunno
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Bell »

it roughly means that something that may explain this phenomena may occur soon.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Bell »

I miss bee and want one of the hydra heads to show up again and say hello.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Bell »

The worst was back up mod for my first newbie game when I came back and was nice enough to give me advice. Not sure if he plays or just mods tho.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1131, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1025, redtea wrote:This might be coming to a head.
I still don’t get this post. Is it some kind of gangster slang i’m unfamiliar with?
Common English idiom, don't blame you for not knowing it though. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/come+to+a+head
I think redtea is saying the amount of claims might force everyone to out? I'm not sure though. I would oppose further claims
unless
someone openly claims responsibility for the additional kill.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1075, BananaCucho wrote:@Bell

Give me fruit again tonight. If I die (very likely) I take the corruption with me.
This is dumb.
You’re dumb.
Bakabaka
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by catboi »

In fact, I'll put it in a new post for emphasis: If there is someone who was responsible or
could
have been responsible for the additional nightkill (via raised corruption), I want them to claim
today
. Otherwise I'm just going to assume it was an SK kill.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by redtea »

I agree with D&D about Bell's claim looking towny.
In post 1061, Bell wrote:It should be noted that my role has a compulsive element to it, so I can’t not spread corruption around.
If anyone has a way to reduce corruption or has some means of turning it to their advantage that can be changed.
this extra bit seems like a legitimate role mechanic.

I could almost see it as a maf role if there were fewer maf or something, like they get NK + corruption to make up for it. But with corruption-reducing abilities existent, and the fact that to maximize their play they'd have to actively avoid hammering- it seems unlikely to me.
In post 1126, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1123, redtea wrote:But how is that town behavior
I keep having great reads, but some town always suspect me over scum because "hOw Is iT tOwN bEhAvIoUr tO dO X??!?" (X= Deviant behaviour of the week)
The reason my behavior includes things players don't understand is because i play mafia in a way that is entertaining for myself. I don't want a leash.
I get playing what's fun, but you actively sr Jackel. Do you think engaging with her is going to make you look bad to town? Give her a chance to redeem herself?

Also I'm gonna UNVOTE: because I was wanting for Jackel to get more involved, now she is and her recent posts aren't bad, and NEE is being weird about it.
*Old account here
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Bell »

How can jackal agree with starbuck’s reads, when like, he hasn’t stated any. Is he even voting rn?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1138, redtea wrote:Also I'm gonna UNVOTE: because I was wanting for Jackel to get more involved, now she is and her recent posts aren't bad, and NEE is being weird about it.
Σ(´д ` メ) What about jackel's recent posts aren't bad to you?
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by redtea »

I agree with Starbuck's reads tbh
In post 1102, catboi wrote:The bothersome thing about Starbuck continually defending low activity players from a "policy push" is that she has this kneejerk response while not having any real alternative. It'd be one thing if she thought this was an attempt to distract from voting someone scummier, but as it is she seems to be assuming the lurkers are inherently innocent and I really don't like that. This also doesn't really square with how she was willing to vote NDMath because "Some of my town reads are scum reading him" - given most of the people on him were active players, it would assume she's not scumreading them, so who is supposed to be left, exactly? (and also, how was NDMath somehow not a policy vote by her standards)
Considering Starbuck was making an effort to simultaneously catch up and talk/interact about recent stuff, yesterday, it just seems wrong to downplay her efforts like NEE is doing. The problem is where the line is being drawn between "acceptable lurker behavior" and "acceptable to sr lurker behavior". Her stance is replace-ins should be given room. People on V/LA (or should have been) should be given room. People who have been around since the beginning and are actively choosing not to participate are entirely open for scrutiny.

Not that the first two are ai in any way, but why not go after people who are the last one, or an active or semi-active player, in the meantime? Does their material or lack of not have more validity/basis? Does this not reduce the chances of a miselimination?
*Old account here
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Bell »

Moral arguments don’t change the need for information from all slots in the game to make a decision.
Arguably you could identify all the town even if the mafia never posted or all the mafia even if the town never posted, but that would be really difficult in my view. I don’t have that confidence.
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

The thing is that, imo, it's entirely possible to catchup in a non-IIOA sort of way.

Like look at her catchup posts - can you honestly tell me that she's using them to scumhunt?

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

I don't even know what her reads are

- Dumber
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Bell »

the active players here are making decisions that are probably AI. There isn’t as much need to pressure there because they’re creating their own AI content without much prompting.while the goal is to eliminate mafia everyday, the secondary goal is to create the conditions to eliminate mafia the next day and that requires AI posts.
Red tea I don’t see what you’re talking about in regards to star’s reads. He’s not voting and saying my vote on him is opportunistic because he’s town is not helpful to me. I acknowledge that there is a time constraint but it’s not like we’re not talking to or reading Into the motivations of other, more active players.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Bell »

I’m using the words required and needs. but really they’re not necessary or required. They’re just very helpful to me
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by redtea »

Engagement, specifically with Starbuck (positive interaction with a common maf-lean), asking about/clarifying banana's reads, trying to talk with NE (who sr's her). Her opinions don't seem to change with the wind either. Good enough with me for now.
As mechanics are actually kind of coming into play here I'm not sure what to think about her not delving into it too much. Could be overly-cautious town or maf honestly. or just no thoughts head empty.
Though I don't think I have either actually. Personally I'm mostly sold on catboi's idea of vig claiming, since surely we have a proper protector role. Only caveat is they can't protect the widespread townread banana at the same time. What do you think of that, catboi?
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1145, Bell wrote:the active players here are making decisions that are probably AI. There isn’t as much need to pressure there because they’re creating their own AI content without much prompting.while the goal is to eliminate mafia everyday, the secondary goal is to create the conditions to eliminate mafia the next day and that requires AI posts.
Sure, but
what's the point of pressuring someone who's already doing what they can
, is what I'm saying. I jumped on the opportunity to contribute to pressure on Jackel (albeit weakly, everyone else was doing most of the work/actively sr her). But I don't see the point on doing that to Starbuck or Porkens. Why not, say, androgybee.

Of course, don't just pile on the lurker, but one can criticize their lurker-ness
and
directly interact with them.
If they. Come around.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum