Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Last Living Slot Owner Wills and Testaments

I am proposing that everyone take time, once every 24 hours or so, to post a last will and testiment of your thoughts to your dance partner PT.

You never know when an alt slip will occur, and data that you may not have laid down in the thread then vanishes from the game. And that's terrible.

I propose something like the following example:

exampleThis is the last will and testament of the second owner of Guy the 6th. I replaced in on post 674. This post is accurate as of post XYZ. My reads are {list here}. I have a theory that the scumteam is {X,Y,Z} and while I have not expressed it in the thread, I also think that {spicy hot take here} .

I will be taking some time to make one up in my own PT tonight.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Something similar to this method was game-clenching last run... we should utilize it to full effect.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2981, Gentleman 2 wrote:It's antitown to leave the dance. We need VCA.
I appreciate your intent but with the wagon that’s already on you I think the sentiment is meaningless
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

hey mr gentleman 1, could you talk a bit about your thoughts on gentleman 2 and lady 4, and maybe talk a bit more about why you think lady 1 is the most likely to be scum?
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 3151, Gentleman 6 wrote:Something similar to this method was game-clenching last run... we should utilize it to full effect.
I just checked since thanks to the accounts being the same as last game I had it in my egosearch, and those notes were specifically passed on via the mod. So I’m curious whether there will be some stipulation regarding this
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I mean, we'd explicitly not be allowed to quote it into the main thread on penalty of modkill given the rules on quoting from other sources... but I see no reason how it isn't relevant and valid play, since technically we're writing the will to our dance partner.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 3153, Gentleman 8 wrote:hey mr gentleman 1, could you talk a bit about your thoughts on gentleman 2 and lady 4, and maybe talk a bit more about why you think lady 1 is the most likely to be scum?
I don’t really have any strong thoughts on that post yet, all my solid reads so far have been formed by ISO reading. As for why L1 is my strongest scumread, she’s almost my only scumread, my only other person I’ve really suspected being G4, however the fact that I came back to that read after wavering tells me that is the right read on her
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 3154, Gentleman 1 wrote:those notes

The notes in question, for anyone who didn't do the research or play the last iteration:

Lady 2 wrote:
Lady 2 wrote:
Hi Replacement Lady 2,

Sorry for the short notice and having you replace into this game a day prior to full deadline. It is unfortunate but I have absolutely unavoidable V/LA. I had hoped that the game could be ended today but that doesn't look plausible at this point.

We're Town, obviously. There are two remaining scum out of the rest of the living players minus the IC - I'll use G# for Gentleman and L# for Lady - G2 is the IC and the remaining scum are in: G1, G8, L5, L9

The players are paired as follows:

G1-L2 (us)
G2-L9
G8-L5

If you want to read anything read starting from Second Dance

I'm all but certain L9 is scum and therefore that G2 should leave dance, forcing her out. I am not 1000% sure on her buddy but since I said last night that G2 should leave because I believe strongly that L9 is scum, L5 has been pushing back against that in a way that suggests they're buddies to me.

I have been uncertain about L1 for much of the game and at one point thought I would leave to take him out and get a flip, but L7 left before me and her dance partner G7 flipped scum. Since then I've become more firmly convinced of L9 scum to the point of asking the IC to leave to take her out. I haven't said as much to G1 but I do think that his approach to the game right now, which is focusing on reading me (?!) and trying to glean information from parts of the game he claims make him too mad to read them actually seem very erratic from scum. When I asked people about which two players they thought were likeliest to be the last two scum together L9 left me out completely because I've been widely Townread most of Second Dance, but as soon as I came down on her she did the only thing she could do as scum here and tried to make a case that I'm scum and she's the last T-T pair. L5 looks too willing to believe L9 is Town for my taste based on the pairings she posted prior to my call for L9's head as well.

If L9 were Town I firmly believe scum would have killed the IC pair with her during Intermission and failing that that she'd have been tried as a mislynch at some point. I had the chance to discuss things very briefly with G3, who was forced out of the dance when his partner L6 (also Town) ragequit after being voted once G7 flipped scum. G3 was quite rational and sympathetic about a frustrating game, and at that point when he was confirmed Town but the Mod hadn't posted the flip he told me that he thought L9 must be scum and that one of L5/G8 probably was because both had pushed him for what he saw as spurious reasons and he ended up being in a Town-Town pair. I had some paranoia and questioned him about betting that I was the likeliest T-T pair with G1 and he said it was his best guess. I spent a LOT of time reading and thinking and questioning but on the whole I've come to the same conclusions.

I also believe that some of G7's material First Dance strongly implies that G8 and G1 are not scum together. So there's that.

Instructions: Please insist that G2 leave. G2 has been erratic and uncooperative for confirmed Town but it's what we have and he is Town. Then if that happens please vote out the L5/G8 pair, unless I'm so wrong that L9 is Town and game is over. You will have to work with G1 and he's a bit frustrating but right now I do think he's more likely Town than the other pair and I think he's legitimately trying.

Sorry for leaving the game in this situation, like I said it's unavoidable for RL reasons.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

ok

let's try this again...

could you maybe talk about
why
you think lady 1 is the most likely to be scum?

(and also it would be nice if you could focus more on the couple that, you know, has a pretty substantial wagon going for them over others, but i guess you do you)

@gentleman 1
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 3156, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 3153, Gentleman 8 wrote:hey mr gentleman 1, could you talk a bit about your thoughts on gentleman 2 and lady 4, and maybe talk a bit more about why you think lady 1 is the most likely to be scum?
I don’t really have any strong thoughts on that post yet, all my solid reads so far have been formed by ISO reading. As for why L1 is my strongest scumread, she’s almost my only scumread, my only other person I’ve really suspected being G4, however the fact that I came back to that read after wavering tells me that is the right read on her
Gentleman 2 and Lady 4 are a bit of a hot topic right now

when you get a chance you should ISO them next
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

they are definitely the next people I plan to do, L4 already was up next but G2 can certainly follow her, I need to do some reading of the gentlemen to balance my reads and actually decide where I want to vote

and like, “most likely scum” feels an awful lot like some loaded terminology, just because they’re my primary suspicion doesn’t mean I’m trying to sell everyone on it just yet. I mentioned I wasn’t at the stage where my charisma would be tested, that because I don’t have enough read to feel good initiating that step. So if you’re asking to get me to clarify my reads that’s fine, but don’t pressure me to push them yet
as for the reasoning, to put it simply, I ended up reading L1 as scum once, backing off, and coming back there again, all on essentially gut reaction. They’ve been acting scummy and I don’t have any real reason to set that aside. The fact it happened twice means it’s probably not any sort of knee jerk response, but my actual feelings towards it
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 3005, Gentleman 2 wrote:Lady 8, if I leave and flip town, are you willing to leave the dance right next?
what on Earth prompted this mental turnaround
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 3011, Gentleman 2 wrote:No concrete answer, probably. Why are you still asking this?
maybe because you’re asking a very serious question with real consequences and doing nothing to ante up? Show some spine if you’re going to play like this
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 3150, Gentleman 6 wrote:
Last Living Slot Owner Wills and Testaments

I am proposing that everyone take time, once every 24 hours or so, to post a last will and testiment of your thoughts to your dance partner PT.

You never know when an alt slip will occur, and data that you may not have laid down in the thread then vanishes from the game. And that's terrible.

I propose something like the following example:

exampleThis is the last will and testament of the second owner of Guy the 6th. I replaced in on post 674. This post is accurate as of post XYZ. My reads are {list here}. I have a theory that the scumteam is {X,Y,Z} and while I have not expressed it in the thread, I also think that {spicy hot take here} .

I will be taking some time to make one up in my own PT tonight.
Can you post a template for the scum PT too
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

oh, i missed gentleman 2 replying to me... i was just persisting with my questioning there because i found it to be interesting in contrast to his "never leave, always use votes" mentality

i was mostly trying to figure out how he reconciled the internal inconsistency and what he was going to do with any answer he got from lady 8
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

WHAT
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

well i don't think he actually expected lady 8 to say yes either

so it's kind of a silly question to ask if he is town

unless he was starting to get suspicious of lady 8? but uh, that's a question that i think is going to be very helpful in figuring out someone's alignment and it doesn't look like that's why he was asking it

so i guess i'm just back to thinking it is internally inconsistent and probably just an i-think-town-might-say-something-like-this-maybe thing
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 3030, Gentleman 2 wrote:Game is stagnant FYI. Resistance for wagon movements and perpetually confbiasing reads are huge red flags for a proscum gamestate. If anyone's willing to challenge this gamestate, I already offered the options.
why aren't you making the effort to change the situation?
I might not even need to ISO G2 to form a solid read on them, they're clearly acting out of self-interest here.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

I think this might have gotten lost in translation

3165 is reacting to 3163
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 3168, Gentleman 1 wrote:I think this might have gotten lost in translation

3165 is reacting to 3163
I mean he's right, I forgot to make a scum PT template.

I should fix that.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 3040, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 2999, Gentleman 5 wrote:I think what Gent 2 is hoping for is for somebody to come in and say that his reaction is really towny and for the wagon to fall apart

This is the worst post I have read in regards to this wagon.
this concerns me, I feel like G5 makes a very valid point, G2's MO seems entirely based on having others do his work for him
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i have already left an incredibly insightful last will and testament in my PT

i have to set an example as the super duper helpful town leader and stuff, right?

i am just such a good role model
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 3169, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 3168, Gentleman 1 wrote:I think this might have gotten lost in translation

3165 is reacting to 3163
I mean he's right, I forgot to make a scum PT template.

I should fix that.
WHO ASKS THAT THOUGH

WHO THE FUCK ASKS THAT
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 3171, Gentleman 8 wrote:i have already left an incredibly insightful last will and testament in my PT

i have to set an example as the super duper helpful town leader and stuff, right?

i am just such a good role model
I am going to use my super duper mafiascum player insight to reveal that post here and now:

Spoiler:
Balls.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 3172, Gentleman 1 wrote:WHO ASKS THAT THOUGH

WHO THE FUCK ASKS THAT
sssshhhhhh, we aren't allowed to talk about who's who in this game yet, gentleman 1. save that for post-game

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”