Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3425 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 3424, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 3420, Gentleman 4 wrote:Well, I was just trying to survive at that point, and when I'm in survive mode, you won't really get detailed analysis.
This isn't town play, though
Don't accuse me if you don't really suspect me
I suspect you, but I'm just saying that the evidence I used was more spur of the moment.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3426 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 3420, Gentleman 4 wrote:Your reads not changing may be a result of the game,
My reads have been changing. They haven't changed in the past 24 hours, no. But when Lady 3 started posting like town, my read there changed, when lady 1 and 7 said they townread gent 1, I said I'd follow along with that. When Gent 6 started posting more, I said he's tentatively towny but responded to only uninteresting things. When Lady 2 reacted to my push, my read there changed. When lady 4 started posting in response to gent 2 getting wagoned, my read changed from null to town.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3427 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

If you're town your "spur of the moment" evidence is really throwing me off.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3428 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

to be clear, i thought if you were town you'd either say:

"i agree, ME AND YOU GENTLEMAN 5, DEATH PACT" or maybe "i don't think it's wise to bet my life on it, but i do feel really, really strongly about gentleman 5 being scum. probably the strength of that read is stronger than the love gentleman 7 has for seals."

i figured if you're scum, you'd side-step the issue unless you were confident i wouldn't say "do it and i'll listen"
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3429 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 3420, Gentleman 4 wrote:However, I feel like your posting has fallen somewhat flat since your first few days, and this is not an uncommon opinion.
I feel like I've been going strong this whole time. What do people have a problem with?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3430 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 3337, Lady 3 wrote:paired G5 hasn't really done anything town indicative. For some the single mingle years are the best ones
Really?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3431 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I really can't remember anything you've done post pairing that i've townread

your terse style is a struggle for me
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3432 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

I feel like I've been talking about stuff at length though? Not wallposting like Gent 6, but still.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3433 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Am I allowed to melt down about guy the third still being a no show yet?

P-edit: I wall because I love you all.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3434 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I don't know if terse is the right word

matter of fact?

would you agree you're not a high emotion player
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3435 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

also i've been mulling over why you made lady 8 that offer and really the only conclusion i came to is that you never expected her to say yes so you never had to worry about it and you were just saying it to look like you were willing to sacrifice your life over your beliefs

i've been trying to think about whether you'd have said that as town, especially after all your stuff about how we should vote out instead of leaving, and i just can't reconcile your supposed willingness to leave with other things you've said about it, ergo i think it was just an act
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3436 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 3426, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 3420, Gentleman 4 wrote:Your reads not changing may be a result of the game,
My reads have been changing. They haven't changed in the past 24 hours, no. But when Lady 3 started posting like town, my read there changed, when lady 1 and 7 said they townread gent 1, I said I'd follow along with that. When Gent 6 started posting more, I said he's tentatively towny but responded to only uninteresting things. When Lady 2 reacted to my push, my read there changed. When lady 4 started posting in response to gent 2 getting wagoned, my read changed from null to town.
Fair enough.
UNVOTE:
pedit: I didn't remember you saying those things really, but I'll check. I mostly thought you just wanted someone hanged, and it was sorta scummy to me because I thought it was your only focus.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3437 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

I don't think it should be considered scummy to want a pair eliminated at this point in time
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3438 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

unlike lady 8 though, you clearly know that i could fully say "yes, do it" so yeah, i expected you to side step it as opposed to give me a direct answer
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3439 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I hope people are paying attention to the prince sneezing truth bullets
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3440 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 3435, Gentleman 8 wrote:also i've been mulling over why you made lady 8 that offer and really the only conclusion i came to is that you never expected her to say yes so you never had to worry about it and you were just saying it to look like you were willing to sacrifice your life over your beliefs

i've been trying to think about whether you'd have said that as town, especially after all your stuff about how we should vote out instead of leaving, and i just can't reconcile your supposed willingness to leave with other things you've said about it, ergo i think it was just an act
My problem with it is that the strength of his read on me doesn't match to what he's doing.

His scumread on me is still just because I'm pushing him, and he's rode on that for hundreds of posts.

And I feel like when I try to engage him on it, he doesn't really come up with anything else.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3441 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 3437, Gentleman 5 wrote:I don't think it should be considered scummy to want a pair eliminated at this point in time
i got bad vibes from you making memes wanting to get G2/L4 hanged. It read like cocky scum.
Well, G2 is probably flipped soon so that will affect my read on you.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3442 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 3414, Gentleman 2 wrote:What did you expect me to say as town?

Lady 5 is still town.

Lady 7 is my top townread and Gent 1 looks good actually.

Gent 6 is pretty alright and Lady 1 seemed villagery.

I don't feel paranoid enough about Lady 6 yet and I'm willing to trust them on Gent 3 if they're town.

Lady 4 seemed willing to die by expressing a scumread on me.

That leaves exactly the three pairs I always mentioned:
Gentleman 9 - Lady 3
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8
Gentleman 4 - Lady 2

Plenty of these players have the potential to flip scum. I think the game should end with these lynches. Hence I'm willing to vote any of them.

Lady 8's deal was unexpected because I fear losing credibility if I am wrong
My deal?

But in any case I don't hate those reads at all. If I could blow up those 3 pairs I would. Lady 5/7 are town, I can handle Gent 6/1 pretty good, and that is literally the same way I approach Lady 6 / Gent 3.

I'd swap my pair with yours, but if I assume your pair is town, those reads are perfect.

If we cut out those three pairs, and also your own pair, we'd be left with:

Gent 8 - Lady 5

Gent 1 - Lady 7
Gent 6 - Lady 1
Gent 3 - Lady 6

I am nearly certain 1 scum is taken out, but also a good chance of both. If there's still 1 scum left in this endgame, I think there's a huge chance it's one of the Gents who has just played pretty well and we just need one of the town Gents to obvtown, remove the rest, and we win.
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3443 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 3439, Lady 3 wrote:I hope people are paying attention to the prince sneezing truth bullets
Friendship pellets?
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3444 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

I'm tired for today. If you're all just circlejerking back to Lady 4 and me, then just be quick about it. I already left the instructions on where to go next.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3445 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 3442, Lady 8 wrote:My deal?
He's referring to him asking you to leave if he flips town, I assume.

We don't negotiate with werrorists, though
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3446 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 3435, Gentleman 8 wrote:also i've been mulling over why you made lady 8 that offer and really the only conclusion i came to is that you never expected her to say yes so you never had to worry about it and you were just saying it to look like you were willing to sacrifice your life over your beliefs

That would be a serious misread of me on his part, I was practically fainting at the offer when i first read it
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3447 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 3442, Lady 8 wrote:we just need one of the town Gents to obvtown, remove the rest, and we win.
I don't know how much more I gotta do on this.

I'm TRYING but this game is trying to kill me, my sleep is suffering to effort post.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3448 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 3446, Lady 8 wrote:

That would be a serious misread of me on his part, I was practically fainting at the offer when i first read it
He's talking about Gent 2, not me
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3449 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

Me coming into this game: I probably die at some point because I'm not gonna be super tryhard solvely so I won't be invested enough to care
Most of the thread: L1 is town!
Me: This isn't good.

pedit: THERE'S A LEAVE GAME BUTTON FOR A REASON PEOPLE.
Doesn't know how to dance

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”