Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3775 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

How come every single person to altslip seemed obvtown at the moment of their altslip
There's some kind of conspiracy
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

I hate to talk behind our dear friend lady 6's back, but knowing the user behind Lady 6 doesn't make me townread them
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I meant L6dewgong seemed obvtown on her anon play before she slipped. Why are you townreading her?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

*aren't
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:22 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 89, Lady 1 wrote:When Lady 2 flips a dirty wolf I want my snapcredit bros
In post 90, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 85, Lady 6 wrote:I'm scum reading G6 if that's more exciting for you
You can be wolfy too
start off with two unsubstantiated scumreads
In post 96, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 93, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 89, Lady 1 wrote:When Lady 2 flips a dirty wolf I want my snapcredit bros
Is this a legitimate scumread?
Both of my scumreads are serious yes. Don't push me though I'll probably cry
when pressed about them plays emotional, if they got emotional on response to actual pressure it would less scummy but wielding an emotional breakdown as a weapon like this is not really a town thing to do
In post 100, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 95, Gentleman 4 wrote:why is Lady 1 just calling random people wolfs...
Why is Gentleman 4 commenting on something like this instead of finding the wolves! See what I did there?
deflects pressure by making it seem unfounded and acting like G4 is the "crazy" person
In post 121, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 116, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 112, Lady 1 wrote:Lady 3 lock town not changing
unfortunately paired with someone im not town reading
True but I'm not touching them in first dance for sure.
this is when I started thinking about G9/L1 being the scumteam, it's a very compelling idea to just go "person a is suspect but I townread person b they're paired with so I won't consider it early"
honestly that mindset might have been afflicting a lot of people early but it seems weaponized here

tbh the G9/L1 pairing probably has a combined playstyle of "weaponize generally-towny things to further our win condition" which while admirable for the idea, I feel like comes off as super-obvious at least how I've seen it happen
so I'm not sure if I should be considering that a point against them
In post 174, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 170, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 158, Lady 1 wrote:Apparently it was a joke but if everyone sheeped and called 1 person town I figured wolves was either TMIing or they were really town since it's unlikely wolves to just be auto towncred
I think if a wolf got townread early because of a strong entrance, the other wolves would also probably join in on the consensus of townreading their wolf buddy.
Disagree because all wolves are scared little cry babies who don't want to look bad on their partner flipping.

Come at me you wolves
huh, what did I call out L1 for initially? Damage control. Nice job pointing out the exact thing you look like you are doing
In post 433, Lady 1 wrote:I'd like if Bones or glasses paired with lady 2 so I could shimmy them out and then leave the other
reeks of artificial confidence
sure town can also pretend they're more sure of themselves than they are but L1 seems very focused on suggesting a small pool of players are scum early
seems more like scum making a narrative (I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for terminology-wise but if I attempt to get it perfect I'll be here all day) than cocksure town
In post 690, Lady 1 wrote:I have now clearly done things that I should be townread for so I will now accept all townreads on my slot
putting on airs of being a paranoid townie distrusting townreads of them
probably exemplified in this post that came before it
In post 487, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 485, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 458, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 453, Gentleman 1 wrote:You and Lady 4 are out of the others' leagues in that list
Quiet wolf the townie people are trying to play the game here.
I thought you hadn't done anything worth town reading yet
oh *** I'm caught
why is she saying stuff like "the townie people" in reference to yourself, if you're also considering your own play not townread-worthy? I think L6 had a real point here.
plus she barely did much in that timespan so why does she say this now? I'm guessing she wanted to act up for a little bit and then needed to make it not look too off when she didn't keep it up
In post 697, Lady 1 wrote:Lady 4/5/6 are mostly fine even if calling Lady 6 fine scares me. Would make 7/2 do the shimmy out of here. People townread 8 a lot so I guess they can be town! Uh, don't really know what to think about 3 for obv reason.
Gent 1/2 can do the skimmy out of here Gent 5/4/9 are fine no real read on the others
I don't think L1 has really progressed on any reads at all at this point past initial formation
I'm open to L1 explaining the why of this but until then I'm feeling like it's rather contrived
In post 897, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 893, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 889, Lady 1 wrote:'I don't agree with you so it doesn't make sense'

lol alright.
I mean you didn't agree with my counter argument you didn't go against it.

Either I believe my argument holds up and am setting myself for the future but I am also saying G1 as scum would want to pair up with me.
Or I don't think my argument holds up in which case I am not setting up lynches either.

Unless you think I am pushing lynches without really caring if people like my reasoning or not? Which feels like a bad way to push something through even as scum.
It's you who didn't talk about my argument all you really did was say how you're not setting yourself up for lategame and at that point I can see/let go. But that wasn't the crux of my argument that you haven't proven false. I also openly said one of the main things I need to see depends on later in the game so you saying 'it doesn't make sense' isn't even close to the case.

Having options and setting up lynches is 2 entirely different things as well.
I think pushing someone because you're not seeing something that you only really expect to see later in the game comes off as rather irresponsible. That would something rather hard to counterpoint and L1 is seeming to be rather immovable on the point so it ends up looking like a point designed to be without counter.
In post 921, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 919, Lady 1 wrote:Lady 6 don't break my friend Gent 7s heart. You should dance with him
I unironically support this btw
I think this is why L1 was playing damage control, looking at this in detail now
In post 990, Lady 1 wrote:Yes townread me more you fools. I cannot wait to win this game as a wolf.
how many posts has L1 made saying something to this effect at this point? It's coming off as rather disingenuous.
In post 1377, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1362, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1360, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1359, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1356, Lady 1 wrote:You're right. It's between G2/G7
Oh god they both suck so much.
I would not be surprised if both were town tbh.
To some degree maybe?
Which one in particular do you think we should leave out. I'd have to analyze both to figure it out.
Depends on if Gent 7 is going to stick with his gimmick or not because on a town Gent 2 flip I would probably suspect Gent 4 a lot more. But if Gent 7 is gonna just do this all game we can leave him alone even though I'm pretty confident on him being town
yeah I really can't see the logic for L1 turning her initial bottom tier read on G7 into a post like this off of anything G7 did
In post 1712, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1707, Gentleman 3 wrote:I feel as though you've got something backwards here. You're not interested in my thoughts because if I'm scum they're prefabricated; very well, but if I'm scum then all of my thoughts are fabricated regardless. If I am town, they are quite real. So as I was trying to get at earlier, what is the specific reason to believe the scum case over the town case?

Moreover, I feel as though you ignored my second point there. Even if one granted I was scum and that my reads were set before I replaced in, the things that I wrote about them were not set before I replaced in, and it is the things written about reads that are relevant to one's alignment far more than the reads themselves. With that in mind, would you not agree that even if one granted that my reads were prefabricated, that the posts I made would still be just as alignment-indicative?
Hi, Lady 1 here what's up? You don't mind if I just step in for a second do ya? I think you're the one missing a key factor here, maybe both of you. Let's assume you had thoughts before replacing in. Now, I don't agree that this is a good line to go down but since we're going down it already let's entertain the thought. The key point is, if you had thoughts before replacing in regardless of what role pm you got they're going to come from a townie outlook because you don't make reads specing as scum you make them as town.

So in theory, no you couldn't really gather much off those posts. I think this is a really bad angle to go down, and I probably wouldn't have said anything if you weren't trying to put focus on the statement itself.
in the interest of fairness I have to give props to this post, I agree that thoughts formed before replacing into the game would seem townier, mostly because anyone not in the game has no information about who scum or town actually is. It's why I find it hard to scumside as an uninformed spectator, it's hard to root for someone you don't know the identity of
In post 1941, Lady 1 wrote:I don't think we should put too much stock into reading G7 btw.
given the route this has taken me on, I think this is sketchy
In post 2044, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 2043, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 2038, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 2029, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 1907, Lady 1 wrote:Wtf Gent 7 was a vampire who did that gimmic all game? I'm like, disappointed and surprised at the same time
This refers to the insistence on pairing with L6 right

How is that a not-scum gimmick? Like, wut *visible confusion*
I apologize for thinking G7 would put in effort into the game and not be useless as scum.

Clearly I should be executed for such assumptions
That’s probably a smaller portion of the “damage control” portion of your ISO

Also can someone answer my question about whether callbacks to the last anonymous dance are common?
I have nothing to damage control. Did I think Gent 7 was town? Yeah and I knew when I saw the flip I was gonna get pushed but that doesn't mean my points are false.

No one was gonna go to end game with Gent 7 he wasn't trying. So in my mind scum are more likely going to bus him then defend him. If you think that's false than prove me wrong. But you just saying I look bad because I defended the not trying scum isn't really a point.
now that I have better context, let's reframe this. You executed an inexplicable read reversal on G7, and when G7 flipped you probably realized that wasn't the best move and tried to cover your tracks. G2 and G7 were on essentially equal footing for probably most of the players so I think you expected your townread of G7 to maybe catch L4's attention to the point they'd either buy it or you could hash up some explanation to convince them
In post 2050, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 2047, Gentleman 1 wrote:For have them on your second-from-the-bottom read tier you seemed a little too unwilling to let him go. I don’t think it’s the unwillingness itself that’s bad, but that combined with his placement.
Who do you think I'm gonna vouch for to stay? The guy at the bottom of my list or the one above it who I thought was getting townier? And if you read the rest of my iso you'll see I was pushing for G4 to leave cause I found both G2/G7 townie
okay so what was the post with everyone's shorthand names then
if it wasn't a readlist I have no idea what it could have been
In post 2150, Lady 1 wrote:Hey Lady 7 your partner is town don't mess this up got it?
honestly where the hell did this come from? For all of pre-dance L1 had this unwavering hate boner for my slot and L7 and then this post comes along

the reasons I saw later also don't particularly impress me, it's a bit of puffing herself up while putting me down
In post 3231, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 3228, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 3223, Lady 1 wrote:Like, at this point we're gonna speed lynch the 2nd pair whoever that is and we kinda need time to process the first flip.
What about we wagon G4-L2 and have Lady 4 or I leave the dance if we're still untrustworthy?
But I like your pair

WORKS FOR ME
the striked portion bothers me, it feels superficial, and I get the sense the 2-4 pairs are both T-T and L1 was hoping for a clean first dance
In post 3245, Lady 1 wrote:for the record I would flip g3/L6 over G2/L4 but I know that won't happen. I just want bragging rights post game
"bragging rights post game" is just "towncred" in another dialect
In post 3257, Lady 1 wrote:The null line is right between the G and the 2
if you thought G2 was townie late pre-dance why's he back down to null
this is mostly rhetorical and picking at the fact L1 has done a very poor job expressing any real read progression
In post 3358, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 3355, Lady 6 wrote:eh I've yet to really hear a convincing reason for why L1 is scummy
Because I am a god tier wolf who is fooling everyone.
this again

so essentially, it comes down to L6 is playing a farce, acting up in certain ways that seem like scum tactics, plus she has either questionable or nonexistent logic for like 95% of her reads
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:36 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

the sad part is this game is plagued with replacements though only one person _actually_ replaced out and that was 5 pages in or whatever

anywho, i'm thinking of starting a betting pool on who gets force-replaced next

to enter, you must bid all your town credit, and the winner takes all

(you cannot bet on yourself)
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

VOTE: Lady 1

I really see no reason I shouldn't do this now
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 3777, Lady 3 wrote:I meant L6dewgong seemed obvtown on her anon play before she slipped. Why are you townreading her?
In post 3778, Lady 3 wrote:*aren't
Well why are we saying Lady 6 was obv town? I don't see it
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:18 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

Not seal lady too. ARe you serious
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I have been playing this game assuming everyone would arrive at "L6 obvtown" and didn't anticipate having to go into her posts at any point.

I hope it ends being moot because G3 obvscums or like L8ghost leaves you
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

The first 1/3rd of l1nagito's wall seemed reachy in a way that creeped me out about his alignment, the back 2/3rds was more ok
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:31 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 3784, Lady 3 wrote:I hope it ends being moot because G3 obvscums or like L8ghost leaves you
:?:
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I don't feel like towncasing L6dewgong right now
If G3sherlock is really scummy later it doesn't matter that much
if you're flipped before her I don't have to explain it if everyone else gets it
I might have to explain my thoughts later though
60/40
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:38 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

@Nagito's L1 Case

I think the two scumreads in RVS were jokes. Her threatening to cry makes sense given the avatar. You are probably confirm biased towards her beginning

A lot of what you're saying later is fair enough. I think it's possible she hides behind the openwolfy posts sure, and perhaps the defense of G7 was a screw-up. I find it somewhat odd that scum would go so far as to say G7 is confidently town.
In post 3770, Lady 3 wrote:At least it suggests a perfect complement to L8 yay power couple

the pokemon is wrong though
i am very happy with how that turned out!
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:52 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

Not bothering to detail how her reads progress feels somewhat like it's just indicative of the amount of she's putting in, and maybe even slightly towny. It's tricky.

I can see town L1 just making spur of the moment statements over and over, like "G7 is surely town", "Don't leave Nagito he's town!", "G2 is null" (when she had him town earlier) and all those things u mentioned. If I were playing lower effort then i could see just saying how i stand a bunch without really elaborating

At the same time like, scum can do that too just as easily. So I suppose it's not really a smart idea for me to townread it.
In post 1377, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1362, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1360, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 1359, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1356, Lady 1 wrote:You're right. It's between G2/G7
Oh god they both suck so much.
I would not be surprised if both were town tbh.
To some degree maybe?
Which one in particular do you think we should leave out. I'd have to analyze both to figure it out.
Depends on if Gent 7 is going to stick with his gimmick or not because on a town Gent 2 flip I would probably suspect Gent 4 a lot more. But if Gent 7 is gonna just do this all game we can leave him alone even though I'm pretty confident on him being town
What I find hard to believe about scum Lady 1, is that there really was no reason to say Gent 7 was confidently town, to make a poem in G7's favour, stuff like that. He was barely any different from G2, there wasn't really much reason at all to call him a better choice. And she didn't really give much of one. Trying to keep him alive longer was only going to hurt her in the long run

I guess she does suggest leaving Gent 7 behind while also calling him town in this post though, I hadn't considered that. It's somewhat hedgey I suppose

+ yeah, the openwolfy posts are unnecessary and somewhat awkward at times, I agree. I can see why it comes off as disingenuous to you
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:56 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

is my pokedex entry just this tiny circle of green in the dead centre of the diamond thingy?
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:01 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

No it goes towards sassy
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:53 am

Post by Lady 1 »

3 days left! G4/L2 should give final reads if they're here but I know L2 is afk at the moment. That way the smoke screens are gone or we get another wolf it's a positive for everyone involved. Wooo team!
Doesn't know how to dance
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:59 am

Post by Lady 1 »

With all the scumslip/townslip nonsense that went around how do people still feel about L3/G9 in end game? I still fine with my mine 4 pairs at the moment.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:11 am

Post by FakeGod »

Dannflor was Lady 6, and is being force-replaced.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:13 am

Post by Lady 1 »

That's a shame, if there's a slot that I expected to be self aware enough to leave if needed with scum or at least hear us out it's Dann. This'll be a lot harder
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:18 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 3777, Lady 3 wrote:I meant L6dewgong seemed obvtown on her anon play before she slipped. Why are you townreading her?
In post 3778, Lady 3 wrote:*aren't
I think if there's scum in G3/L6 it's G3 but I don't really understand why you are townreading her that hard. I know burden of proof falls on the people doubting her but it would be nice if you could reassure my slight worries.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:22 am

Post by Lady 1 »

Oh btw g2/l4 being town further supports my theory that g7 was in anti spew most of the game with at least 1 of his team members sitting comfortably. Maybe 2 but we'll see depending on the next flip.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3798 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:00 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 3765, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 3763, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 3760, Gentleman 3 wrote:I'm here, massive apologies for my absence.
Do you want to elim gent 2/lady 4?
I always townread Lady 4 and so would've preferred a different pair, but I've already seen that they're both already dead.

Unfortunately it also appears that the lovely Miss Seal will be leaving me to be replaced, and relying on her was a large part of how I planned to catch up on the game.

Damn.
You could always elect to play from here and put off catching up until you have time.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3799 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:02 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 3774, Gentleman 1 wrote:thanks for that

the L1 scumcase is in progress, though I'm not sure how well I'll be able to get my points across, so if something confuses anyone else feel more than welcome to tell me and I'll do my best to explain it
Darling, try a dry run in our PT?
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”