Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:12 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 578, Datisi wrote:ok billy

what does that tell you about testarossa
Testa feels like they're cautiously solving. Their posts feel analytical which fits with how I approach in not being overly eager to commit.

Pedit: thats not an unfair characterization. Sometimes I leave notes to myself of things that jump out that become ingredients of analysis later.

This meta conversation is an easy way to inflate lost count and look active. It may also be something that someone does stylistically. Look games of imperfect information are pretty difficult to play.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Is NPOM still your top scumread, Billy?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:14 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 595, DkKoba wrote:billy i think u are town but why npom
Day 1 I'm primarily looking for reads progressions that seem more shaped by external circumstances than a logical thought process. This felt more shaped by external circumstances. Later votes sort of went that direction as well.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:15 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 926, VP Baltar wrote:Is NPOM still your top scumread, Billy?
I'm still like 400 posts behind so give me a minute. But as of that last question I just answered from Dkkoba, thats my top suspect, yes.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 821, DkKoba wrote:u know its be funny for snow to flip scum bc it implies their paetners just straight abandoned them bc i seriously see them acting independently and thats why i tr them
This strikes me as weird. What do you mean their partners abandoned them? What actions would you be expecting?
YOUR AD HERE

Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:20 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 611, hellbooks wrote:UNVOTE:
andres feelin a little towny from p. 11
In post 307, GeorgeBailey wrote:VOTE: SnowBlaze

I agree with Hellbooks on:
In post 247, hellbooks wrote:most of your actions as of late have seemed to ask people to clarify something or other which could be genuine or could be busy work, am waiting to see how you follow up on these things
It seems a lot like what I thought NPOM was doing earlier.
might join u on this even tho :igmeou: :igmeou: :igmeou: :igmeou: :igmeou: george bailey
In post 324, DkKoba wrote:also how many scum are in a mini normal cause this is my firs ttime playing a mini normal
............................................scummy
Why is asking how many scum are in the game scummy?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:23 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 621, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 620, DkKoba wrote:is it weird that im more paranoid of ppl who are able to vocalize their reads better and townread ppl who have confident reads but cannot explain them as succinctly?? i feel like weird brain rn
Who are said ppl?

Vote Billy or snowblaze pls
This is your third post asking people to build a wagon on either me or SB, why are you so confident on both of us?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 627, Datisi wrote:
In post 623, NoPowerOverMe wrote:@Datisi who is the wolf on Ico? Let's wagon!
i do not know (◕︿◕✿) andres is giving me that big Pocketing Koba Vibes, and just, pointing out in and how he's probably barking up the wrong tree, how his townreads are townreading ico, how i'm making a lot of valid points (and also pointing out there's no longer voting ico in for some reason?) and is just like that now back. however i'm not done talking to janko and he's kinda Not Here right now so it's a bit hard judge where his head's at.
If thats whats happening hes pocketing quite a few people. You, VP, Koba. I mean he found a way to get back onto icon so you may be right though.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:27 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 629, hellbooks wrote:i am also trying to pocket dk koba
Huh?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 638, Iconeum wrote:
In post 584, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 365, Iconeum wrote:
In post 363, DkKoba wrote:
In post 356, Iconeum wrote:why do you think datisi is town?

i'm not saying she's not, but i'd like to hear your reasoning behind it
we can discuss that after u flip scum <3
you are sheeping my townreads but somehow i'm scum

also said townreads are basicly all townreading me but somehow you still think i'm scum

VOTE: dkkoba
Did you miss the slip? Or is there a reason you're not weighting it.
if anything, i was at the verge of pushing him on such an obviously faked question coming from a player with his experience
i'd expect the question in a newb game, or from a new player in general.

Why are you giving towncredit to an *experienced* player who doesn't seem to know how many scum are to be expected in 13 players?
I didnt realize how experienced they were at the time (the account creation date was only 6 months old). And come on man, don't be a dick. Respect their pronouns.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 638, Iconeum wrote:
In post 584, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 365, Iconeum wrote:
In post 363, DkKoba wrote:
In post 356, Iconeum wrote:why do you think datisi is town?

i'm not saying she's not, but i'd like to hear your reasoning behind it
we can discuss that after u flip scum <3
you are sheeping my townreads but somehow i'm scum

also said townreads are basicly all townreading me but somehow you still think i'm scum

VOTE: dkkoba
Did you miss the slip? Or is there a reason you're not weighting it.
if anything, i was at the verge of pushing him on such an obviously faked question coming from a player with his experience
i'd expect the question in a newb game, or from a new player in general.

Why are you giving towncredit to an *experienced* player who doesn't seem to know how many scum are to be expected in 13 players?
But these answers effectively explain it. I know you normally weight slips which is why i was curious.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I lied. I'm just going to skip breakfast and do this catch up now.
In post 828, Testarossa wrote:but after the wagon I am not so sure what to think of it. It kind of happened a bit too fast for my liking. But I am a bit at a loss because I am town or null on all on the wagon.
This is my point. The speed of the wagon doesn't matter if literally everyone on it is town. We shouldn't be afraid to be right. Speed wagons that form on scum are actually super powerful because they put the scum in a bad position without a calculated response. I completely think snow is the right play and the counter wagon on testarossa is going to yield a ton of information upon flip.
In post 834, DkKoba wrote:also if u think in a game with 3 scum with so many v high energy players that at the very least snow!scum wouldnt be at the very least be coached in scum chat rn, then thats absurd.
Ah, this explains what you said above perhaps. Maybe I'm out of practice here. Is scum day chat a pretty standard function? I did have it in my last couple scum games, but there seemed to be theme/setup reasons in those games for that to exist. I wouldn't have assumed all normal games have scum day chat. What's site meta currently?

Koba and Aldsukkel are probably the worst of the testarossa votes, imo.

I actually lied, Janks vote is bad too.

There's almost no explanation of this wagon other than "tess uses a lot of words' and "I don't like snow wagon"
In post 866, Testarossa wrote:Gosh, I can't wait for Billy to weigh in on all this. On D2.
lol'd
In post 868, Snowblaze wrote:Let's counterwagon.

VOTE: Andresvmb.
Translation: "I know tess will flip town, so I'm going to find a spot to park my vote that won't draw suspicion D2"
YOUR AD HERE

Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 641, Iconeum wrote:
In post 637, Andresvmb wrote:So why have you decided each and every time to attack the players who seem to have more openly suspected you early in the game, to the point where you’ve placed three different votes on those three different players? Could it be because you take votes as personal slights as Town and feel like you should push all those players?
Because I felt (still do) the pushes were made up, and were based on wrong/terrible/faked reasoning. Take your pick. I fought NPOW over his actions. Guess what. We ended up townreading each other (degrees may vary).

I fought VP. From the way he handled my slot the day after our fight I ended up townreading him. I made a post on the why exactly earlier.

Then when my wagon was dying, Dkkoba joins the game and has this bitch ass attitude towards everyone and refused to explain his reads/votes.
So I ended up fighting him. Difference here is that I don't townread him after our discussion. His motivation for this fight is scum.

Your presumption that me pushing back against people who push me is scum-motivated is simply wrong.
Given NPOM's progressions why are they above null? I get that its weak, but this is the read im not getting from you.
jankofan
jankofan
Townie
jankofan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:35 am

Post by jankofan »

I think the reason I'm tring snow is that she seems like she'a actually introspecting and also that she seems focused on things that people who are solving tend to be focused on
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:36 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 929, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 821, DkKoba wrote:u know its be funny for snow to flip scum bc it implies their paetners just straight abandoned them bc i seriously see them acting independently and thats why i tr them
This strikes me as weird. What do you mean their partners abandoned them? What actions would you be expecting?
No.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:37 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

actually VP- why the push on me and Blaze as opposed to Alduskkel? I legit forgot they were in this game.
jankofan
jankofan
Townie
jankofan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:42 am

Post by jankofan »

In post 936, VP Baltar wrote: Translation: "I know tess will flip town, so I'm going to find a spot to park my vote that won't draw suspicion D2"
hmmm
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 936, VP Baltar wrote:I lied. I'm just going to skip breakfast and do this catch up now.
In post 828, Testarossa wrote:but after the wagon I am not so sure what to think of it. It kind of happened a bit too fast for my liking. But I am a bit at a loss because I am town or null on all on the wagon.
This is my point. The speed of the wagon doesn't matter if literally everyone on it is town. We shouldn't be afraid to be right. Speed wagons that form on scum are actually super powerful because they put the scum in a bad position without a calculated response. I completely think snow is the right play and the counter wagon on testarossa is going to yield a ton of information upon flip.
In post 834, DkKoba wrote:also if u think in a game with 3 scum with so many v high energy players that at the very least snow!scum wouldnt be at the very least be coached in scum chat rn, then thats absurd.
Ah, this explains what you said above perhaps. Maybe I'm out of practice here. Is scum day chat a pretty standard function? I did have it in my last couple scum games, but there seemed to be theme/setup reasons in those games for that to exist. I wouldn't have assumed all normal games have scum day chat. What's site meta currently?

Koba and Aldsukkel are probably the worst of the testarossa votes, imo.

I actually lied, Janks vote is bad too.

There's almost no explanation of this wagon other than "tess uses a lot of words' and "I don't like snow wagon"
In post 866, Testarossa wrote:Gosh, I can't wait for Billy to weigh in on all this. On D2.
lol'd
In post 868, Snowblaze wrote:Let's counterwagon.

VOTE: Andresvmb.
Translation: "I know tess will flip town, so I'm going to find a spot to park my vote that won't draw suspicion D2"
how abt u stop side shading me and say it to my face.

say it w ur vote if u think im so scummy.

deadass ur analysis of the reasoning behind testa being voted is v reductionary and glosses over the active lurking post style and IIoA. u think that makes them blatant town??
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 690, Datisi wrote:zzz

VOTE: janko

game difficult

is there anything making snowblaze town to you other than That One Post
You switched off of Andres really quickly. In fact I dont even think they made a post. Why?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 690, Datisi wrote:zzz

VOTE: janko

game difficult

is there anything making snowblaze town to you other than That One Post
Oh shit sorry, confused you with NPOM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 942, DkKoba wrote:how abt u stop side shading me and say it to my face.
What are you on about? Asked a legit question.

Why did you assume scum have daytalk?
YOUR AD HERE

Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 708, Snowblaze wrote:
In post 697, VP Baltar wrote: How is anyone seeing this as town?

1) complains about getting wagoned when never facing any actual pressure
2) says she can't scumhunt rn because it's D1
3) THEN says she's definitely not being useless, despite just saying she's not pushing the game forward.
4) then says "jk if I am useless, it's not AI"

Where are your reads at? I feel like Koba, NPOM, Icon, Datisi and probably Amdres have generated enough content that you should have some reads there. Where you at?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: snowblaze
Complaining about being wagoned is NAI. I just hate it as either alignment.

I never said I couldn't scumhunt because it's day one, I said I don't usually have strong scumreads on day one. That doesn't mean I'm not scumhunting.

And, you know, I'm not being useless. I'm engaging with people, I'm giving reads, I'm looking at things that interest me. That is not useless.

I do think that being useless to town is NAI, yes. Scum can make themselves useful, town can not be useful. It depends a lot more on the player than their alignment.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:51 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 945, VP Baltar wrote:

bc literally every other game on this site has daytalk
retired
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 947, DkKoba wrote:
In post 945, VP Baltar wrote:

bc literally every other game on this site has daytalk
That's the question I asked.

Is this you playing 3D chess bc lol
YOUR AD HERE

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:53 am

Post by DkKoba »

are you going to respond with something of value or?
retired

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”