armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:14 am

Post by armlx »

Corin is looking like a better and better lynch compared to K7.
Still rather lynch FS.

...AND THAT'S WHERE BABIES COME FROM

killa seven - 6 (Knight of Cydonia, SpyreX, Corinthian, orangepenguin, Joubert, StrangerCoug)
Corinthian - 3 (LlamaFluff, Firestarter, TheSweatpantsNinja)
Manito - 2 (FaerieLord, killa seven)
Firestarter - 2 (armlx, CF Riot)
FaerieLord - 1 (Manito)
armlx - 1 (LaptopGun)

15, 8, 5.

-Mod
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:43 am

Post by CF Riot »

K7 that's 2 posts in a row. Please fill out a 3 person list of preferred lynch for today, in order of most preferred.

When was KoC supposed to be back again? I looked for his V/LA post but couldn't find it. I don't want him replaced for good either, I want him around to argue with.

1 week. Lynch?
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Can we have an updated "list" please?
('') (':') ('')
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Firestarter wrote:Can we have an updated "list" please?
The List wrote: armlx -> Firestarter, CF Riot, K7
Joubert -> K7, FaerieLord, KoC
killa seven
FaerieLord -> Corin, Manito, Firestarter
SpyreX -> FaerieLord, Firestarter, K7
LlamaFluff -> Corin, Manito, KoC
Firestarter -> Corin, K7, Manito
CF Riot -> KoC, Firestarter, Manito
Corinthian - K7, FaerieLord, Firestarter
LaptopGun -> armlx, Corin, Joubert/KoC
Knight of Cydonia
TheSweatpantsNinja -> Corin, Firestarter, K7
orangepenguin -> K7, FaerieLord, KoC/Corin
Manito -> FaerieLord, Joubert or K7
StrangerCoug -> Corinthian, killa seven, FaerieLord
I have been speculating on KoC/K7 lists since they never outright posted them, but regardless of who they suspect K7 collects the most FoSs and Corin at a highly likely #2. After that its a ratrace.

Looking in the replacement thread we wont hear from KoC again untill the day of deadline if not day 2. With any luck we can get a replacement in here for the rest of the day
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

I refuse to vote K7 because I firmly believe the mafia attempted to railroard him. I hate to go by the list for our lynch, but the Corin wagon and trend of suspicion looks stronger than I thought. Additionally, I'm clearly in the minority for suspecting armlx.

Random thought: one possible bad side affect of collecting the list is that it probably tells the mafia how good of a job each is doing blending in as town. D'oh!!!
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by CF Riot »

This is true, however I don't see them using this to their advantage, as if a single player showed noticeable change in playstyle after they got high marks on the list, we would surely notice. Or, I would at least. And again, if the player has low marks or isn't on the list at all, they have no motivation to change their playstyle anyways, so it ends up being nothing more than an ego boost. A more detrimental down side is the fact that they can see if a person they thought they could get bandwagoned actually isn't pulling enough suspicion, thus letting them focus on those who are.

LTG: Seeing you currently have no support in lynching Arm, and seeing the current trend in people's opinions, who would you like to lynch? Are you going to attempt a better case of him for us, or change your vote to someone else? What do you think of the cases against KoC? (Mine and LF's.)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by armlx »

Random thought: one possible bad side affect of collecting the list is that it probably tells the mafia how good of a job each is doing blending in as town. D'oh!!!
Why does that matter?
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

What armlx just said. I cannot see how that really matters.

Also, SSF has been looking for a replacement on scumchat too. Nobody bit the bait though, so we might have to end the day without KoC.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:24 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

I could have swore I'd already posted this here...

Since KoC has expressed a distinct interest in staying in the game, and he was nice enough to tell me about his LA in advance, I'm looking for someone to temp-replace until he gets back...

...which is, incidentally, the 16th.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

V/LA from the 11th-13th.

Corin really should be our lynch target instead of K7. I dont know what else I can say at this point. I just ask the K7 voters to read both of these players back to back, especially thier recent posts. There is a difference in mindsets there.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

[quote=laptopgun"] Random thought: one possible bad side affect of collecting the list is that it probably tells the mafia how good of a job each is doing blending in as town. D'oh!!! [/quote]

The other issue with these sorts of lists is that it gives mafia a list of who everyone thinks is pro-town to kill. I don't think that's a huge problem with only three listed, but its why you generally don't want to list every player. [/theory]
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

I had a bolt from the blue when I was writing my last post. I think it's a concern, but I guess there are benefits for the town in there. My problem is I don't want people to put blind faith into its power (it looks like no one was, as of yet anyway). But like anything in mafia, it's open to manipulation.

I'm mulling over the KoC and the only thing I've noticed is that no one in his situation would want to remain in the game unless they had a very big reason for wanting to stay in this game. Having a good time, likes other players, has a non-vanilla townie roll (in this particular game, we only have mafia), etc. KoC has a motivation to remain. I'm just clueless whether that's good or bad.

I'd like to put together a better case on arm. I doubt others will listen, so I suspect that I will end up switching vote to the person I feel is one of his scum partners.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

ABWOP I will do some more thinking on KoC and the cases against him.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Unvote: killa seven
and switch back to a
Vote: Corinthian
because numbers mean nothing. They don't lie, but speculation can turn out to be wrong.

I know, lame reason, but so was the reason for switching the other way around. It, too, involved numbers.

God, I sound like I can't decide whether or not I want to be a conformist...
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by killa seven »

my 3 suspicions are
KOC
Manito
corithion

I firmly believe koc is scum.
manito looks really scummy as well
I havent posted a case on coron so thats why im not voting him, im not a firm believer of just voting for someone to save myself.
but his entrance on my wagon and his reasons for voting for me seem retarded.
Still prefer my top 2.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm mulling over the KoC and the only thing I've noticed is that no one in his situation would want to remain in the game unless they had a very big reason for wanting to stay in this game. Having a good time, likes other players, has a non-vanilla townie roll (in this particular game, we only have mafia), etc. KoC has a motivation to remain. I'm just clueless whether that's good or bad.
This is weak speculation at best. Read the many "Favorite Role" threads to find some people actually prefer vanilla to mafia or even power roles.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by killa seven »

armlx wrote:
This is weak speculation at best. Read the many "Favorite Role" threads to find some people actually prefer vanilla to mafia or even power roles.
lol thats uh.. strange.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I still think killa seven could be scum, but after looking at both their posts in isolation, I do see k7 as more anti-town, but Corin more scummier, if that makes sense. So..
unvote
Vote:Corinthian
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

orangepenguin wrote:I still think killa seven could be scum, but after looking at both their posts in isolation, I do see k7 as more anti-town, but Corin more scummier, if that makes sense.
Would you be comfortable with clarifying this?

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Yeah, I was worried that it might not be clear to others.

killa seven's playstyle, I think we all can agree, has been anti-town. I think Corinthian has done some pro-town posts though, but I feel that he is the better choice as scum, because he has acted scummy, and there has been good arguments against him, which I feel make sense. But I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't know where to draw the line between killa 7 being anti-town and scum. Not to beat a dead horse, but maybe it is his meta. I think Llama has built a pretty strong case against Corin.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:27 am

Post by CF Riot »

LaptopGun wrote:I suspect that I will end up switching vote to the person I feel is one of [Armlx's] scum partners.
Who would that be? I would very much like you to take a better look at the actual cases against KoC, rather than try to guess why he doesn't want to be removed from the game.

Corin's at 5 and K7's at 4 now. We're moving further from a lynch rather than closer to one. FS wagon GO! KoC wagon GO!
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:38 am

Post by Corinthian »

I think Llama has built a pretty strong case against Corin.
Would someone tell me what that case is? People keep referencing "scummy behavior" without giving any actual examples, or "llama's case seems strong" without explaining what they mean.

The only evidentiary points I can find are lurking and refusing to respond to Llama initially.

Is this the way you guys play mafia?

I don't think Llama is scum. He's very content, one might even say proud, of pushing the Corinwagon. He very definitely started it, and he has no problem with the fact that everyone is acting as though the case against me is his and his alone, and they are just agreeing with his points.

Doesn't this set off any alarm bells for anyone? Llama is going to get the blame for the mislynch, while the scum can claim that they were mislead by his arguments.

Thoughts:
K7- staying off the Corinwagon. Most probably because Llama has loudly trumpeted the fact that he finds K7's avoidance of said wagon a telling protown point. Quite possibly also because he doesn't want to be implicated in another mislynch.

Stranger- "would you feel comfortable clarifying this"? Why did you phrase that so politely? Why not just ask "what do you mean?"
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:39 am

Post by armlx »

The swing between the wagons seems odd to me, but there's no way to really extract info from it without one or both of their alignments.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Corinthian wrote:Stranger- "would you feel comfortable clarifying this"? Why did you phrase that so politely? Why not just ask "what do you mean?"
Because I'm allowed to be polite :P What is this, a semantics argument?

LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

CF Riot: Decent case against KoC. There does seem to be a streak of "looking good for the camera." I would probably have laughed at that assertion, but I went back and saw that there did seem to be some trends he followed then left (Forbid, K7, Gimbo etc). His subsequent rejection of the suspects “du jour” makes me wonder what his motivation is, though. I could just as easily see him being an overzealous townie than a mafia just doing everything to blend in. Someone called me a “sheep” earlier and I wonder if that mentality is just what is going on with him. That is, if you consider that in isolation. Taken with his other behavior and here is where I think you CF have a better point, KoC comes off as someone with something to hide. You called him on his behavior and he went all OMGUS. I don’t really understand why a townie would do that. The craplogic, mistakes, and potential outright lies also indicate something is going on.
Lama: Ok. Case is fine. I find I am not as troubled by your points about KoC as I am with CF’s points. In 644 you do bring up yet another case of OMGUS when he declared you were part of a scum trio. You don’t say it, but you do seem to have fun with the idea that he wants to go toe to toe with you yet doesn’t like to actually say anything of merit about you. It seems like an act on his part. Your case about his quick abandoning of votes (602) is duly note, but nonetheless you do come off as tunnel vision on him and others. In 492 you seem to say his “flavor of the minute” voting style seems to be based more on opportunity more than anything else. He seems to be covering something up based on his misdirection.
Arm’s partners? I am still thinking that one over.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”