Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 3947, Lady 7 wrote:@G4, I find your analysis of the interactions between G7 and L2 incorrect. I'm surprised you didn't bring it up when I questioned the interactions between G7 and L2 when I subbed in.

First, the rule of 3 suggests one of L1, L2, or L4 is scum. You selectively ignore the fact three players were mentioned to argue that two players mentioned in a line must both be town. That in and of itself is a fallacy.

Second, you argue that scum always go for maximum distancing. Letting a suspicion go is a great way to look distant but not really push the partner. It's not about what people say, it's about what they do. Push comes to shove, L2 didn't want G7 dead and G7 lets her get away with that shade.

Third, post 2096 is more indicative of S v S. Being in the last pairings with a scum partner would be very risky that pair gets lynched early thus resulting in two dead scum rather than one. Given a gentleman has to die anyway day 1, letting go the toxic player makes sense.
You did? I will check that again.
What is the rule of three, and are you sure it's always true? I did say that my reasoning was a bit of a stretch, but I don't get why it indicates scum.
Also, where did L2 not want G7 dead? I feel like the last quote of her agreeing with old L7 was her supporting G7 dead.
Yes, I agree that the logic makes sense that scum would not want to be together, but that doesn't really make L2 scum for not wanting to be with G7? Also, I feel like that's assuming scum L2 in the first place.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

I'm heading to work but I'll catch up by tonight
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I don't expect to be able to post much of anything of substance until tomorrow today has been a very cranky day for the little one
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:23 am

Post by Lady 3 »

Why would you want your partner's consent for leaving the dance, the point of leaving would be that you think your partner's scum
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

ironically i think the most alignment-indicative interaction lady 2 had with gentleman 7 was saying "it was certainly an entrance" or whatever. dont really know why scum bothers commenting with that line about a partner who is being criticised in the way gentleman 7 was after his entrance. feel like they're more likely to take a stance or ignore the criticism over saying something like that, but this isn't super strong

also kind of feel like gentleman 7 might have been saying something true when he said whatever it was about not trusting men

(still all stuff im remembering off the top of my head, i may not be remembering details correctly so need to read back)
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 3950, Lady 1 wrote:Ah fuck we gotta do it together don't we
dawwww, the dere side of her tsundere attitude

"i-it's not like i wanna write a case on gentleman 3 with you, baka!"
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Hi err

I have no idea what’s going on again, the game has been moving too fast for me the last 2-3 days (basically since we eliminated G2-L4)

I’m really, really, really tired tonight so I won’t be able to go through until tomorrow so 2 things:

(1) pls no flipping anyone until I get to give an opinion tomorrow

(2) could someone do me a huge favour and write a catch up post shortly after this one as if someone had repped in and needed to know what was going on?

Ty <3
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Also UNVOTE:

I think one of the last things I remember when I was here was that the way G4 was giving me shit was townie
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

since last time you were here, lots of stuff went down

lots of people posted

2 of them are scum

summary done. you are welcome
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 3951, Gentleman 4 wrote:What is the rule of three, and are you sure it's always true? I did say that my reasoning was a bit of a stretch, but I don't get why it indicates scum.
Also, where did L2 not want G7 dead? I feel like the last quote of her agreeing with old L7 was her supporting G7 dead.
Yes, I agree that the logic makes sense that scum would not want to be together, but that doesn't really make L2 scum for not wanting to be with G7? Also, I feel like that's assuming scum L2 in the first place.
The rule of three is simply this: In any group that mentions three or more players by a scum, there's highly likely to be at least one scum in the group. It's not a law, just frequently true.
There's a difference with being ok with a slot dying versus pushing it. L2's lack of follow through makes it look less like she's pushing.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

Hm, I feel like the difference is that you're seeing the interactions as NAI(?) while I'm seeing them as somewhat townie.
@L5 L3 and G9 had an argument and that is the only thing I remember.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

okay im here.

rule of 3 might not even apply here since we have 14-2 distribution, when in normal we have at worst 9-2
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

@G4, No. I see the interactions as scummy. So much so that if I had a dayvig I would shoot L2 right now, RL be damned. I'd feel sorry either way for L2 as a person, but not the slot.

@G9, The rule of 3 has never been limited by distributions before. Why do you think it wouldn't apply here? Are you townreading L2?
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

i caught up.VOTE: g4-l2
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 3963, Lady 7 wrote:The rule of 3 has never been limited by distributions before.
no
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

even apart from other issues with "the rule of 3", using it is silly when there were literally only 4 people he could have chosen (and one of them, lady 5, he apparently forgot)

like it was about why lady 6, one of 5 ladies who weren't already in a couple at the time, was better than the others...
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

Alright, so I did significantly less reading than promised, and am feeling sick enough that I'm probably not going to get much done today either. I'd apologize, but trying to work through the haze I'm in would likely do more harm than good.
Whatever you want as well, as long as you make sure it's not identifiable to a specific player.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 3963, Lady 7 wrote:No. I see the interactions as scummy.
Why? It's neutral to me at worst. She doesn't seem to be the type of person to hard push someone in general, and I feel like there were others who were more neutral regarding G7 but also slightly favored G2.
In post 3964, Gentleman 9 wrote:i caught up.VOTE: g4-l2
lol
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

VOTE: G4 and L2

Just ensuring my vote is here.

Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

L1cry is either playing very antitown or is scum and I hate having to try to read that.
It's stressful
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

You can say the same thing about lady 2
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 3971, Gentleman 9 wrote:You can say the same thing about lady 2
What?
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

Both Gent 9 / Lady 3 and Gent 6 / Lady 1 should endgame, I think -- I find it extremely hard to believe Lady 1 is scum

Pairs beyond that to endgame are probably dependent on the next red flip, maybe. I only have strong feelings about half of many pairs
In post 3936, Lady 3 wrote:Lady 8 is scummier than rand because she doesn't have scumreads
I also don't have any scumreads
I think we should vote her
if you don't understand please ctrl f my posts for "deluxe oil" ty
For me, having scumreads makes me more likely to be scum than rand, cause I'm clueless much more often as town. As scum I notice small things about people that are towny and ignore them because I can, but as town I end up noticing something good about many many people and get screwed.

Gent 4's Lady 2 towncase isn't the worst. I'm feeling pretty sure Gent 4 is town at this point, he's not forcing the case to be strong, it feels more objective-- but as a result a lot of it is NAI rather than towny. I would vote 2/4 over 1/6 by a longshot still. I be interested in voting Gent 1 or 3 as well although probably not as much as Lady 2
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

Has anyone explained the case for g6town? I think several people have said that but he's null to me

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”