Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by Eevee »

In post 2068, Ydrasse wrote:like, as ever this is from my pov but i don't see any reason why people look at my slot and think that

a) i choose to stay with versus s_s.
b) that i would choose to suddenly start townreading my partner knowing that, between one of us escaping, it's going to stick out like a sore thumb.

it just doesn't make sense to me. i have the luxury of knowing my alignment, blah blah, but both the kill and s_s escaping (after making it a point to push how he and i were never the scumteam, etc) both single me out as the person who scum are trying to push an elim on through today.
a) I don't think it's that impossible considering you could be going for a "it's too obviously me, therefore it's not me," route. The Titus kill also puts the spotlight on you, but kind of unnecessarily so that it feels like a statement (if that makes sense) and I don't know who else wants to make a statement apart from you. If I were scum and wanted to mislynch you, I'd keep Titus around since she'd push there? The all-purpose kill would be us/Snowblaze because we were both more involved and had more sway.
b) This is just WIFOM, and even if you escaped, we would've seen you townreading S_S anyway.

~Eva
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by the worst »

nuh uuuh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2077, Eevee wrote:The Titus kill also puts the spotlight on you, but kind of unnecessarily so that it feels like a statement (if that makes sense) and I don't know who else wants to make a statement apart from you.
This really resonates with me. I was thinking something similar (but less eloquent). the Titus kill makes a lot of sense as a deadpan kill from Ydra and a small amount of sense as a wifom kill from Raya given the way she opened the day but I'm really not sure that's a kill from a50 or rce.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i mean i guess? at this point i’ve said what i think the titus kill was for and i really can’t offer you an interpretation other than like... i think it was supposed to but me in a position where i’m focused upon, and since i’m being scumread ofc it’s gonna wrap around to people assuming i’m wifoming.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i feel bad that i most likely lost town the game by being a bit all over the place + it spawned the titus vca and subsequently the kill which at this point i don’t think anyone is going to read as anything other than me as scum trying to sidon it out so i’m gonna sleep, reset and come back tomorrow with a better mindset for reading and replying.

night guys!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

*wifom. dumb phone.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Eevee »

Night, Ydrasse!

~Eva
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2038, northsidegal wrote:
the worst replaces Snowblaze.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2042, the worst wrote:uhhhh I'll try my best uh
Riddle me this: How does the worst try his best?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2042, the worst wrote:I have some gum
Liar. Duck don't have teeth, so they don't have gums.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2071, the worst wrote:wagonomics tell me rce should be a huge red flag. lol. he's also overwhelmingly competent. i could really use a peace of mind injection :p
Don't you put that pressure on me Worstie!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2051, the worst wrote:A50 why aren't you voting yet
Waiting for the confirmed townies to speak their minds. Consider me on Ydrasse in spirit.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:15 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2079, the worst wrote:
In post 2077, Eevee wrote:The Titus kill also puts the spotlight on you, but kind of unnecessarily so that it feels like a statement (if that makes sense) and I don't know who else wants to make a statement apart from you.
This really resonates with me. I was thinking something similar (but less eloquent). the Titus kill makes a lot of sense as a deadpan kill from Ydra and a small amount of sense as a wifom kill from Raya given the way she opened the day but I'm really not sure that's a kill from a50 or rce.
Obviously you never get over the wifom with this until post game.

Would I make this kill? Yes. Would A50? Absolutely. Mostly for this discussion and not why x person was chosen as the NK.

I considered going back on my A50 read briefly (because the case on SS yesterday could have been for show). But scum chose to reveal Mohab was bussed. The motivation could be as simple as keeping the Poe wide. But A50 was right in stating that if either him or I were scum we would have escaped.

A50 escaping leaves 3 slots on the Mohab wagon + me with already strong ties to A50. SS can most definitely lay low and get my Lynch through in that scenario.

It doesn't work as much with me escaping but the connection to A50 would be hard to ignore.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:07 pm

Post by the worst »

:>
I like u rce
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:08 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2086, Almost50 wrote:
Hey if you zoom in real close on duck bills there's like these little bumps that look like teeth. That's basically the same thing right?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:57 pm

Post by Raya36 »

@The Worst
I don't have time to wrote out a full response about Ydrasse right now but this is where I checked interactions and by PoE decided it was Ydrasse. I also note later on that me and A50 are set on one player to eliminate today while RCE and Ydrasse have 2 that they're deciding between which keeps options open. Obviously I don't think its RCE so that further supports it being Ydrasse. I can say more later
In post 2005, Raya36 wrote:
RCEnigma:

-SS has as town early game
-SS agreed that RCE's vote looked bad
-SS agrees that there are bad points on RCE but townreads anyway
-SS has RCE as top townread
-Nothing noteworthy from RCE mentioning SS

Based on that I'd say SS townread RCE too heavily to be partners. Especially since if they were partners I think SS would be the one still in game to hide that association.

Almost50:

-SS lightly defended A50
-Very little noteworthy mention outside of that
-A50 had SS as null
-A50 was pretty adamant about SS being scum. If this was scum theater or distancing I'd expect SS to actually interact a bit? I don't think he did?

I don't see this being super likely based on the last point I made but it could have been A50 doing all the distancing work?

Ydrasse:

-SS says the idea of him and ydrasse together would be crazy
-SS votes Ydrasse
-SS explains to me why I can't continue to clear Ydrasse as scum with my old logic
-SS continued to push Ydrasse but then unvoted when someone pointed out that it contradicts other statements he made
-Ydrasse votes SS early
-Says many times that she wants an SS elimination but has her vote elsewhere
-Starts to townread SS

I can see this being early distancing from both of them. The thing that pings me the most is while both of them were scumreading each other they weren't really responding to each other and interacting. Unless I'm somehow entirely missing that?
Usually when it's TvS or TvT interactions come out of scumreads/cases/votes. So I find it really weird that they were going after each other while never defending themselves to the other?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2091, the worst wrote:
Hey if you zoom in real close on duck bills there's like these little bumps that look like teeth. That's basically the same thing right?
Still not convinced. Do you happen to know any duck dentists? Ever met a duck toothfairy?

Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:50 am

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 2093, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2091, the worst wrote:
Still not convinced. Do you happen to know any duck dentists? Ever met a duck toothfairy?
Do you happen to know any lion dentists? Ever met a lion toothfairy?

Lions don't have teeth.

Do you happen to know any crocodile dentists? Ever met a crocodile toothfairy?

Crocodiles don't have teeth.

Personally, not convincing.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:56 am

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 2028, Ydrasse wrote:okay i am just going to quote a ton of these at once sorry if it gets messy.
In post 1994, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1990, Ydrasse wrote:also, what motivation do i have in that quote to townread s_s? like, how does that pan out in the exact scumteam where it is me and s_s; it'd be super weird for me to either a) townread my partner and escape during the night leaving that last minute change of opinion on him or b) townread my partner who is escaping during the night, begging the question of why i wouldn't just stick to my guns about "oh i think s_s is probably the scum on the mae wagon out of him and raya". it just puts way too much attention on either of us in that situation.
You weren't even supporting the theory of scum bussing. You wanted to eliminate off the Snow wagon all the way.

On fact, the only time you voted S_S on and it lasted for 8 full hours (what's with you and the 8 hours time frames?)
i wasn't, no. it didn't make sense to me frankly and felt too risky.

(i show up when the mood strikes me and when i have the time. eight hours apparently keep me sustained.)

and yes i voted s_s at some point to switch it but as i said in that post it was a safety thing that fit into my perception of how the scum were probably playing; it was not my preferred vote by the end of things though, but something i was Okay with. not my favorite but i wasn't balking at the idea of it. my vote changed to someone i thought could also be scum when asked.
In post 1995, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1990, Ydrasse wrote:doubly so given that the person who was killed was the person who was most adamant about me being scum. fmpov it's just a way to put more attention on me today and hope that there can be a miselim pushed through off of it so that the last scum can escape tonight. you can think that it's wifom and that i Would Do That As Scum but like, /shrug.
Of course I think it's WIFOM. Titus is the type of player that is stubborn about her VCA. You probably thought it would be easier to change everyone else's minds, and ESPECIALLY with S_S escaping, so "double bus isn't an option" would be your argument (and believe you me; some will buy into it still).

If I/RCE were scum the right move was for that person to escape last night, because we are heavily linked together. I know some will still think "they wouldn't have escaped if X was their partner" but: (a) It's the same kind of WIFOM you're using to say it ain't you, and (b) if it was me AND RCE we wouldn't have had a choice really. One of us would have had to escape, and the other would use that WIFOM from A to try and survive.
i mean, everyone seems to put a decent amount of weight into titus' vca so i doubt anyone's minds would change regarding her viewpoint on that. like, again this is fmpov but as scum her impact on me is there and it wouldn't matter if she was here or not to keep pushing it. everyone is going to go look at her being dead and remember what she posted about me, or she is going to be alive if i don't kill her as hypothetical scum and keep pushing. you can think that i would bother with it as scum or not because it's just speculation for you if you're town.
To me, the last paragraph seems like Ydrasse has thought of this scenario to present as WIFOM. Tell me, if Ydrasse were town, do you think she would care this much about how much Titus' vote count analysis is going to affect her?
In post 2028, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1996, Almost50 wrote:To elaborate on (b): It is now a KNOWN FACT that the team is NOT A50/RCE. So, only ONE AT MAX of the pair can be scum. If they escape they open the door wide open for the other (the townie of them) to be mis-eliminated on the basis that "they had no choice, and one had to escape anyway".
this is also part of why my focus is off of you, because there just... isn't a world where i see you partnered with s_s after trying to start a push on him like you did. i could have believed you/mena or you/rce, but given that neither of those are the teams you just don't make sense to me anymore as being scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:29 am

Post by the worst »

Thanks Raya. I'd still appreciate a couple of quick sentences or paragraphs on why Ydra is certainly scum fypov. I'll do my big readup soon so I'd appreciate some general things to consider if that's ok with you :)
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Raya36 »

For sure, just didn't have the time to do it this morning but I'm here now.

So a big part of why I think it's Ydrasse is PoE. RCE and A50 both make no sense as scum with their SS interactions. I explained why I believe this in the post I quoted above so I won't go into detail here. I do know that doesn't really help you sort me though since I can convince you all I want that RCE and A50 aren't scum with SS but I look pretty bad right now, not gonna lie.

Another small concern I have is that me and A50 are set on one player being scum. RCE (who makes no sense with SS) and Ydrasse both have their options open by having 2 people they're deciding between. That way if nobody believes I'm scum Ydrasse has someone they can bounce to. This isn't anything strong though but just a supporting point.

I will admit I don't have a big case like Ydrasse has on me but I know I'm town and I strongly believe RCE and A50 are town based on associations so while it's not much to convince others, I'm convinced it's Ydrasse.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by Raya36 »

I'll be around for a bit also
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling