Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 172, TripleHaven wrote:Just alluding to having reads without actually stating them?
Which posts do you think he’s doing this in?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:45 am

Post by TripleHaven »

In post 173, Hiraki wrote:So close TripleHaven, I really liked it until the second line.
Post like that need some sort of conclusion.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:46 am

Post by dramonic »

You know, if you wanna do coaching you have a qt for that guys.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:46 am

Post by TripleHaven »

In post 175, Menalque wrote:
In post 172, TripleHaven wrote:Just alluding to having reads without actually stating them?
Which posts do you think he’s doing this in?
is that not what this is?
In post 46, dramonic wrote:1 to go~
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Hiraki »

Did you read only half of his ISO??? This is why I didn't get why people didn't get the 5 out of 4. I even counted twice just to make sure it was making sense.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Menalque »

Err, nah, I think that’s him saying he has 3 reads and needs to find one more which he then outs — but like I felt he’s been fairly clear on his reads overall, he just hasn’t really given reasoning for them
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:50 am

Post by TripleHaven »

so basically the first half of his ISO is an nai mess, is what you're saying?
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:50 am

Post by TripleHaven »

In post 181, TripleHaven wrote:so basically the first half of his ISO is an nai mess, is what you're saying?
wasn't talking to mena, forgot the p-edit
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Menalque »

At this point I’d like to hear from dunn, A50, and umlaut
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Menalque »

Imma briefly step out of thread to give it a chance to breathe

I’m also interested in what the other slots who have been uninvolved in this are thinking, but those three are like those I’m most interested in hearing from
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by teacher »

It was a super odd escalation but also seems like you’re now overly harping on it. But I also was lost right around the time whomever said they were (and I tr that post).
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Stream-of-consciousness from the first couple pages:
In post 64, Menalque wrote:
In post 60, Dannflor wrote:
In post 52, Menalque wrote:Dann, why’d you change your vote to haven?
It's very small but I didn't like how she switched her vote from you to Umlaut. You had two votes on you at the time and RVS voting you would have built a sizable wagon. I wonder if maybe she was scared off by being the third vote on a (let's say town for now) wagon and decided to switch her vote to someone with no votes yet. Also, the "for sheeping" reasoning is kinda strange considering she had just sheeped people on the Menalque vote.

It's possible this didn't cross Haven's mind at all and I read far too much into it, but it was mildly scummier than I thought Dunnstral was.

Why'd you put Marashu at the bottom of your preliminary reads list?
This seems like a stretch honestly, like idk why haven would as either alignment be worried about a 3 vote wagon on means I don’t think that would be a “sizeable” wagon anyway?

Like I feel like you’re reading into this a lot. You’re also saying you think Dunn was legit scummy for that opening?

And teacher is exactly right, it was a joke about Marashu having rolled scum a frankly silly number of times for how many games he’s had
I don't think there's anything wrong with "reading into this a lot" on page 2, reads have to start somewhere. Do you disagree, Menalque?
In post 70, Dannflor wrote:It is absolutely a very stretchy reach. But I'd rather base a vote 2 pages in on a stretchy reach than nothing.

And yes, I think Dunn's posts so far this game have been marginally more scummy than anything else I've read. Which is like... a few percentage points. I don't think he's "scummy," it's just scummier than other posts by comparison of almost every post being NAI.
Oh good, Dannflor said the same thing. Town lean here, though weak because multiball.
In post 74, Menalque wrote:Talk to me about dunny then? Bc I don’t really think anyone has done much AI yet apart from hiraki who I think is scum for meta reasons
Explain this (the read on Hiraki)?
In post 81, Menalque wrote:[case redacted to avoid the wrath of the mod]
Oh, you did explain it. Good!

I really hate hanging reads on that kind of thing but I guess no one can help drawing conclusions from the evidence, so fair enough.
In post 84, Menalque wrote:I think I’ve just moved away from this in my own approach and like to just solidly meme normally until my reads start firming up as people start pushing etc, and I think I’m trying to avoid being reachy myself as I’ve come to terms with the fact that my reads are like, not great
Somehow this seems really town (probably because I've been in a bunch of games with Menalque recently and this meta-progression makes sense)

Also I find Menalque absolutely demanding that Hiraki tell him why he's scum to be kind of town-indicative, I feel like scum would mostly want to ask once and let it die or just ignore it altogether.
In post 149, dramonic wrote:ITT salt about being caught for the wrong reason.
Don't totally get this. What's the wrong reason in this case and what's wrong about it?
In post 167, Hiraki wrote:i've been on this site for 10 years and some lazy poster thinks that i've figured out the game on page 5? really?

i've been on this site for 10 years and this lazy poster doesn't think i know how to backdown with poise?
:roll:
Seeing the old "if I were scum you would never catch me because I'm so fucking good" chestnut just makes me want to exile you.
In post 183, Menalque wrote:At this point I’d like to hear from dunn, A50, and umlaut
Well now you've heard from me.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Umlaut »

VOTE: Hiraki

I don't actually think much of the meta argument given but his stance toward Menalque has just been terrible.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

VC 1.3TripleHaven (3) - Almost50, dramonic, Marashu
Hiraki (3) - Menalque, Dannflor, Umlaut
Menalque (2) - teacher, Hiraki
Almost50 (2) - Testarossa, Gypyx
Umlaut (1) - TripleHaven

Not voting: Dunnstral, Crush

With 13 alive it takes 7 to exile.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2020-08-23 18:40:00) or when an exile is reached.

In post 119, Menalque wrote:
Okay, I guess I’m confused because the wording to me seems to say that replacements are an outside influence when they’re used as threats, people are told by others in the game that they should replace out, or when someone gives reasons for their replace out that then get analysed as to truthfulness or not etc

What I’m confused by is that I don’t see how discussing the absence of one player can be angleshooting when that’s something that’s very plainly available for all to see?
Speculating about why people replaced out is the part that is angleshooting.
time will end
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 186, Umlaut wrote:In post 149, dramonic wrote:
ITT salt about being caught for the wrong reason.

Don't totally get this. What's the wrong reason in this case and what's wrong about it?
I mean the entirety of TH's iso has been scummy, but it's an expression, not a specific reason.
Like being a bp sk, playing a perfect game and then scum trying to shoot you and claiming it pre-lynch of their final member.

Granted we're very far from a perfect game :giggle:
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by teacher »

Somehow until that quote I missed the detailed case by Menalque on the slot til the long block quote, so that may explain why I felt lost....
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 186, Umlaut wrote:Seeing the old "if I were scum you would never catch me because I'm so fucking good" chestnut just makes me want to exile you.
that's not what i said
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 191, Hiraki wrote:
In post 186, Umlaut wrote:Seeing the old "if I were scum you would never catch me because I'm so fucking good" chestnut just makes me want to exile you.
that's not what i said
But it’s what they heard. And it’s a fair summary, I think. I mean you were denigrating their stance based on your experience saying you wouldn’t be that surfacey, no? If not, what were you saying?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Hiraki »

in fact, i quite literally said the opposite, i don't even know how you get that interpretation unless you think that me saying "i don't know how to backdown with poise" is me saying i'm too good as scum

dannflor is accusing me of figuring out the game on page 5 and thinking, as scum, that i thought that i could fool the entire town into believing that i had done it with flawless logic and mastery. if anything, it's showing the opposite that his implication is so illogical and improbable that i can then say the opposite is also true. if that's "chestnuting" then go ahead, i don't want to deal with brain dead townies for the rest of the game
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 148, Dannflor wrote:Right now, I think he's reached a point where he initially latched on to something to scum read, realized it wasn't as damning as he initially thought it was, but now doesn't know how to back down from that without looking more scummy. It's possible that comes from awkward/stubborn town, particularly one that has a philosophy of not interacting with scum reads?? But with #98 I rather doubt it.
he's literally saying that i thought i, as scum, could pull of a lynch on page 5 based off of a page 2 reads post that excludes 90% of the playerlist - why on earth would i take that argument seriously? it's probably one of the worst things i've read on this site lol. who in their right minds thinks that post is damning? because i called melanque scum 4 times based off of it? really? page 5? scum 4 times without providing any reasoning? hard push? no one else wants to call it like it is?

i will gladly be the D1 lynch if this is the type of logic i'm gonna be encountering in this game after our first little kerfuffle into mod intervention. thought i was in an open, not a newbie
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by teacher »

Right - you get you’re saying the same thing? Like, dann’s read is lazy because you DO know how to backdown with poise if you needed to? So you can’t be scum because you’d be better as scum?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Hiraki »

i mean i guess? you're acting like someone actually thinking that they can nail someone on page 5 as scum is even considered a little competent? so i guess i'm being a little "chestnutty" by saying that i'm not dumb enough to do that and i'm not a newbie? like i guess? is this really the argument i'm about to have?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 193, Hiraki wrote:in fact, i quite literally said the opposite, i don't even know how you get that interpretation unless you think that me saying "i don't know how to backdown with poise" is me saying i'm too good as scum
Wait, are you seriously claiming that when you wrote
In post 167, Hiraki wrote:i've been on this site for 10 years and this lazy poster doesn't think i know how to backdown with poise?
this was not a rhetorical way of saying "of course I can back down with poise due to my experience," you were literally saying that in fact you cannot do that?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by teacher »

And I wouldn’t think (and doubt anyone did) that anyone “could pull off” an exile/elimination that early, so I read his post as saying you were being blendy not actually solved.

Speaking of, what do you think now that you know menas readslist was pure memey? And how did you miss that, since Mena explained part and I explained the other prior to your own post about it?

Pedit: the first para addresses where the issue lies - I think you’re over reading dann. There’s no way Mena was going to be exiled this early D1 and everyone knows that so I don’t think he was saying solved.

Pedit2: not reading this preview.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by teacher »

Also, apologies in advance for future errors in labeling day vote result, whatever it is.

Return to “Completed Open Games”