Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 323, dramonic wrote:Town:
The rest
Why are Crush/Dunn town? Can we stop trolling around yet?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by dramonic »

The narrator of a story is hardly in the spotlight
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by dramonic »

There can only be 4 scum mate
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Crush has been prodded.
time will end
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Hiraki »

no sorry i sort of agree with teacher there dram, you could always have 5 scum. you'd just be wrong about someone

then again...10 years...
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Dannflor »

could someone who isn't in dramonic's scum list ask dramonic for the "why" behind his reads please and thank you
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 329, Hiraki wrote:no sorry i sort of agree with teacher there dram, you could always have 5 scum. you'd just be wrong about someone

then again...10 years...
Of course I can be wrong, I'm not the mod, but I gotta work with what information I have right now, and that information is two blatant scum and two players whose posts are almost as numerous as they are vapid.

I would mostly not try to lynch teacher or dann today, even if they are scumreads right now, because the reasoning for their scumminess is not as sound as the one for Triple/Mena (there are empty shells of townies out there and PoE without a full playerlist is beyond shaky), but someone has to fill the mantle of scum #3 and #4 and I've no active suspicions elsewhere currently.

To be clear, just because I'm saying someone is town doesn't mean I'm not reading their posts, I will gladly reevaluate when new information surfaces.
I'm a hoot
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Hiraki »

alright cool that is a solid same page 2020 - i think you're just a little bit more aggressive in your reads, which is cool, not gonna hate

i would say that calling people town with no posts reeks more of laziness than scum but i also understand your agenda a little more now to get where you're coming from
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:19 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

VC 1.5TripleHaven (3) - Almost50, dramonic, Marashu
Hiraki (3) - Menalque, Dannflor, Umlaut
Menalque (2) - teacher, Hiraki
Almost50 (2) - Testarossa, Gypyx
Umlaut (1) - TripleHaven

Not voting: Dunnstral, Crush

With 13 alive it takes 7 to exile.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2020-08-23 18:40:00) or when an exile is reached.

Marashu is V/LA for probably the next day or so.
time will end
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:49 pm

Post by Gypyx »

hey dramonic, mind explaining your scumteams? it just looks to me that you mashed all the top poster in your scum list
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:35 am

Post by Testarossa »

In post 275, teacher wrote: Yea, I had a scum tingles on Hiraki but wanted to try to understand him, and was trying to limit the inflection of my own views to avoid the "wont interact with scum/people thinking Im scum" routine while getting my questions answered. I found my self hard vibing with Dann when he joined the interchange, so I agree with your interpretation.

As for Mena harping a lot on it, and struck me as a lot of appeals to outside adjudicators. I liked the first one, but by the last it seemed to get kinda....much/overly directing attention?
Fair enough. Tbf I was getting scummy vibes from you, because I was considering you might be a bit on the fence here regarding Hiraki despite having a clear direction in your posts. Using that approach to form a better read on Hiraki is townie though as I think you could have let Hiraki look worse in the conversation if you wouldn't try to get more out of him this way.

You kind of answered what I would have asked to the lower paragraph in . I am not really getting it though, unless I am somehow misinterpreting something here. Does it look weird for Mena to appeal to the crowd when he gets frustrated in a conversation with someone scumreading him? (and his own scumread) What made it look like scum theatre? I get that you missed the detailed case of him, which made you change your mind later, but I am not really sure how you reached the conclusion, because I would think if you think an interaction looks like SvS you would be aware of each case.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:37 am

Post by Testarossa »

In post 315, teacher wrote:I’m playing by my new fire pit with a cigar for the evening. I want to get out of my current conversational tunnel. Can anyone offer me a take on umlaut, gypyx or testa?
Mostly null on Umlaut, however I am mildly scumleaning on him in for his response to Dann's , because of the clause with "though weak, because of multiball" which imo makes no sense in the context of Dann's post. I am aware of the multiball dynamics, however you either townlean on Dann for his stretchy page 2 reach or not, I don't see how the existence of a second scum team plays into this.
What makes you leaning town on Umlaut?

Gypyx looks null, maybe a bit careful and hasn't read everything thoroughly yet, but that can mean anything.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:38 am

Post by Testarossa »

In post 316, Dannflor wrote:I'm not really a huge fan of Testa or Gypx avoiding taking a real stance on Hiraki
That's more because I struggle with getting proper reads on people who tend to be become more aggressive/heated in a conversation with specific 1-2 players about a single subject, who in my experience often just look bad if it's just about one certain subject. As you pointed out in your response to me, I am kind of assuming that a personality trait might be overshadowing a bit rn. I am null on him and prefer the approach here to see him act and behave with other people on different subjects to get a proper impression here.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:46 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 298, Dannflor wrote:btw Dunnstral is posting elsewhere on site that's not here sooooo that's also a good wagon

Really lame take
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:52 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 335, Testarossa wrote:
In post 275, teacher wrote: Yea, I had a scum tingles on Hiraki but wanted to try to understand him, and was trying to limit the inflection of my own views to avoid the "wont interact with scum/people thinking Im scum" routine while getting my questions answered. I found my self hard vibing with Dann when he joined the interchange, so I agree with your interpretation.

As for Mena harping a lot on it, and struck me as a lot of appeals to outside adjudicators. I liked the first one, but by the last it seemed to get kinda....much/overly directing attention?
Fair enough. Tbf I was getting scummy vibes from you, because I was considering you might be a bit on the fence here regarding Hiraki despite having a clear direction in your posts. Using that approach to form a better read on Hiraki is townie though as I think you could have let Hiraki look worse in the conversation if you wouldn't try to get more out of him this way.

You kind of answered what I would have asked to the lower paragraph in . I am not really getting it though, unless I am somehow misinterpreting something here. Does it look weird for Mena to appeal to the crowd when he gets frustrated in a conversation with someone scumreading him? (and his own scumread) What made it look like scum theatre? I get that you missed the detailed case of him, which made you change your mind later, but I am not really sure how you reached the conclusion, because I would think if you think an interaction looks like SvS you would be aware of each case.
In post 336, Testarossa wrote:
In post 315, teacher wrote:I’m playing by my new fire pit with a cigar for the evening. I want to get out of my current conversational tunnel. Can anyone offer me a take on umlaut, gypyx or testa?
Mostly null on Umlaut, however I am mildly scumleaning on him in for his response to Dann's , because of the clause with "though weak, because of multiball" which imo makes no sense in the context of Dann's post. I am aware of the multiball dynamics, however you either townlean on Dann for his stretchy page 2 reach or not, I don't see how the existence of a second scum team plays into this.
What makes you leaning town on Umlaut?

Gypyx looks null, maybe a bit careful and hasn't read everything thoroughly yet, but that can mean anything.
In post 337, Testarossa wrote:
In post 316, Dannflor wrote:I'm not really a huge fan of Testa or Gypx avoiding taking a real stance on Hiraki
That's more because I struggle with getting proper reads on people who tend to be become more aggressive/heated in a conversation with specific 1-2 players about a single subject, who in my experience often just look bad if it's just about one certain subject. As you pointed out in your response to me, I am kind of assuming that a personality trait might be overshadowing a bit rn. I am null on him and prefer the approach here to see him act and behave with other people on different subjects to get a proper impression here.
That's a lot of text to say "everyone is null"
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:34 am

Post by dramonic »

Spoonfeeding is so boring =_=

Spamming the newb card to divert attention from potential mistakes
In post 19, TripleHaven wrote:By the way; i'm new to this site and 2 week/1 week games are absolutely foreign to me (am from Mafia Universe) so i'm going to try to keep my composure, LO
In post 22, TripleHaven wrote:
In post 21, Dannflor wrote:TripleHaven, why didn't you vote?
Is RvS something people do a lot on here?
Once again, am new to the site.

Oh well
VOTE: Menalque
Very good example here. TH has no reason to vote, but "Oh, you guys RVS, better blend in :o"
In post 24, TripleHaven wrote:
In post 19, TripleHaven wrote:By the way; i'm new to this site and 2 week/1 week games are absolutely foreign to me (am from Mafia Universe) so i'm going to try to keep my composure, LO
Apparently it's 2 weeks/48 hours
and then 10 days/48 hours
As you can tell, I didn't read the OP

Backtracking on vote reasoning. There was absolutely no mention of wagon size until confronted, until then it was "because umlaut is sheeping".
In post 23, TripleHaven wrote:
In post 22, TripleHaven wrote:
In post 21, Dannflor wrote:TripleHaven, why didn't you vote?
Is RvS something people do a lot on here?
Once again, am new to the site.

Oh well
VOTE: Menalque
actually

VOTE: umulaut
for sheeping
In post 94, TripleHaven wrote:
In post 60, Dannflor wrote:
In post 52, Menalque wrote:Dann, why’d you change your vote to haven?
It's very small but I didn't like how she switched her vote from you to Umlaut. You had two votes on you at the time and RVS voting you would have built a sizable wagon. I wonder if maybe she was scared off by being the third vote on a (let's say town for now) wagon and decided to switch her vote to someone with no votes yet. Also, the "for sheeping" reasoning is kinda strange considering she had just sheeped people on the Menalque vote.

It's possible this didn't cross Haven's mind at all and I read far too much into it, but it was mildly scummier than I thought Dunnstral was.

Why'd you put Marashu at the bottom of your preliminary reads list?
I voted mena because we've played together before, didn't realize they already had so many votes, so I switched off. In hinesight, the amount of votes she had didn't really matter especially because it was only RvS. But that was my logic for it back then.

mudslinging. TBH the post from Menalque is more damning than the response
In post 144, TripleHaven wrote:
In post 135, Menalque wrote:Yo Dann, teacher, haven, dunn — this feels like I’m being dealt with in very bad faith, but I find it hard to judge when I’m the one someone is aiming at

Do you think that’s accurate to what’s happening or am I reading too much into this?
yes its accurate

Flipping that newb card to "I'm too good for these kind of tells", along with a healthy helping of caught for the wrong reason. That second post is maaaaaaad.
In post 146, TripleHaven wrote:
In post 136, Marashu wrote:
In post 43, teacher wrote:
In post 40, Marashu wrote:
In post 28, Gypyx wrote:VOTE: Almost50

Hey marashu, you're mafia or werewolf this time?
With any luck, both of them will fall for the gambler's fallacy and NK me, effectively reducing NKs by 1.
I assume youre just playing along with Gypyx's joke but if not why do you think mafia/werewolf would target the other faction this early?
Partly - it makes sense to me that scum would try to take each other down so they could control the game state, Prisoner's dilemma style. They could hunt PRs, but risk being picked off if the other team isn't doing that.
In post 103, dramonic wrote:Considering they just spent 2 pages circle-jerking, I'm not sold.
That and I'm somehow at 5 out of 4, which is an issue.

vote: TripleHaven

Also teacher and marashu, with one of Dann or Menalque, not sure which since they're both spamming banter rn.
Mind explaining the read on teacher and myself?

VOTE: TripleHaven

I didn't like the way she came in (and I remember hearing a stat that new scum have a higher tendency to say a greeting in their first post). Haven't really felt anything towny since.
I'm not new scum, have played 30+ games on MU (4/5 scum winrate btw... please don't ask about my town winrate) Also that stat is dumb even if I was new scum.
In post 155, TripleHaven wrote:here's a list of game's i've opened "hi smile" in
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost4057419

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost3954031

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost3954038

I was scum in 1 and town in the other 2
it's insanely NAI outside of these facts but whatever

Illusion of content. Those are all questions that bring nothing to the table and denote no interest in solving the game
In post 283, TripleHaven wrote:
In post 267, Almost50 wrote:
In post 251, Menalque wrote:I’d like to see crush slot post and I still want to hear from dunn and A50
I know this is the same session (at least for me) but I want you to NOT expect much from me at this time still. You know well (ar at least should) that I don't enter the game guns blazing (unless I am a replacement who got it with lots of substance readily available). You should be happy I am -at least- not meme'ing and shitposting enough. My mind is "elsewhere" for now, but I am "watching from the sideline" and will probably jump in sometime soon.
why the quotation marks
what does elsewhere in quotation marks mean
why are you implying that meme'ing and shitposting is scummy
wh
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:36 am

Post by dramonic »

Might do Menalque later if I'm really bored.
I'm a hoot
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Hiraki »

i would much rather menalque but we seem to be at a standstill so

Unvote, Vote: TripleHaven

I feel there is potential of an overcockiness in TripleHaven rather than a scumflip.
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:53 am

Post by TripleHaven »

In post 323, dramonic wrote:
In post 320, Dannflor wrote:dramonic does not believe in such petty and useless things as "sorting people" or "playing mafia"
Scumteam A:
TripleHaven
Menalque

Scumteam B:
Dann
Teacher

Town:
The rest

There, sorted. Can we stop trolling around yet?

@umlaut: asking for people's opinion without actively broadcasting your own is an illusion of content and a poor man's excuse to not put themselves in the spotlight.
And yes, I am always like this
Am i the only one that thinks this is very surface-level? "these people are interacting therefore they are scum"
What interactions do you think were scummy between dunn-teacher? what about me-menalque?
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:11 am

Post by TripleHaven »

dramonic your case on me is dumb
not even half the stuff you point out is AI for me at all
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 278, Umlaut wrote:Can you explain the Dram read? I agree he's being weird but I don't see the scum angle.
He just like, hasn’t felt meaningfully scumhunty to me? Like, my definition of scumhunting doesn’t include “pick 4 names and loudly shout that they’re scum”

Idk, I’m mulling it over in light of him finally having come up with reasoning for why haven is scum. I don’t think I’m very persuaded by it at a glance, but I’m thinking about whether this is just a thing of join date rather than scum

I guess the confounding factor is that hiraki has a simile join date, is playing in a similar way, but I do think is actively scum. I guess I’m working through whether it makes sense for dram to have simile takes to hiraki!scum if he’s town?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 280, Hiraki wrote:ok but you considered the implication that you would care about it, which to me is a clear notation of scum thinking versus town thinking
I still don’t get what the point is here, sorry
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:16 am

Post by Menalque »

Is anyone actually townreading hiraki?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Menalque »

@dunny are you caught up?
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:20 am

Post by TripleHaven »

to the dramonic post:

1. you say i'm "spamming" the newb card then point out 2 posts. Apparently 2 posts is spamming. Also, it wasn't even spamming the newb card, it was spamming the "i'm new to this site" card which ARE DIFFERENT
2. and you were expecting me to explain my vote change back then... why? it was RvS, the votes literally didn't matter. The "umulaut was sheeping" thing wasn't even being serious to begin with either. Umulaut voting was like, the second post of the game
3. ???? how does this make me scum ????
4. Or maybe, instead of "caught for the wrong reason" it's "towny pushing against the dumbest reason to scumread them they've ever seen" I've been ML'd like 10+ times and that last part isn't even an exaggeration.
5. It's not even an allusion of content, I was just confused about the post in general.

Return to “Completed Open Games”