icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:54 am

Post by icemanE »

What do you make of the comedian claim? Do you find Tomb or farside more scummy?
Probably farside, as I haven't seen much of anything suspicious out of Tomb.

vote: farside

A lynch every day, as promised.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:58 am

Post by farside22 »

icemanE wrote:
What do you make of the comedian claim? Do you find Tomb or farside more scummy?

You see a person not posting anything and you think them not scum. I say look at K7 for people who do this and turned out scum. I at least have tried to play this game. My suspcion on you should be considered if you are ever on the block.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:59 am

Post by icemanE »

You see a person not posting anything and you think them not scum. I say look at K7 for people who do this and turned out scum. I at least have tried to play this game.
I'll do a reread, see if anything comes up. I can understand your frustration at actually playing vs. lurking. But I'm going to hold to my word of supporting a lynch every day.
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Tombolo »

orangepenguin wrote:
Tombolo wrote:Am I the only one who gets more scum vibes from farside than skitzer? It's mostly gut, but farside's the one who came off scummier to me in that exchange, although maybe it's just because I disagree with her (him?) about what to do with puzzlers. While I don't claim to be the greatest mind maf's ever seen, generally if somebody presents logic that makes THAT little sense to my little brain, I start to think they're either scum or more of an idiot than I am. Farside doesn't strike me as the idiot type...that said, skitzer seems to be overreacting a bit, and announcing that strategy seems to make it easily countered if Farside's scum. >_> I'd rather lynch farside tho.
@Tombolo regarding you and farside's discussion on Page 4 (there is more quotes and discussion): Do you still get scum vibes from farside?
Yes. Not quite as strong as D1, but still enough to vote her, especially when it's her or me and we're most likely unable to make another mistake. I wouldn't be voting her if I wasn't getting scumvibes. <_<

@farside: I didn't claim anything because you didn't make it clear you wanted a claim. If I have super helpful info like scans, or people push for a claim, or I'm about to be lynched, I'll be happy to tell you who and what I am, but otherwise I prefer not to volunteer information to the scum. Were you expecting a claim?
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Tombolo »

farside22 wrote:
icemanE wrote:

You see a person not posting anything and you think them not scum. I say look at K7 for people who do this and turned out scum. I at least have tried to play this game. My suspcion on you should be considered if you are ever on the block.
I've been around. Maybe not as much as you have, but I've been posting, thanks. And he didn't say he didn't see anything, he said he didn't see anything suspicious. Bit of a difference.
##NL imo
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:19 am

Post by farside22 »

Well I'm sure that OP is scum and I think the town will loss because of what happened yesterday. Too bad the mafia will now control the game and people didn't think about things better.
I have nothing left to say. I did nothing suspicous as a claim based on character to me I thought meant nothing now it seems some people thing it does. I said who I think is scum. If you think lack of participation and no info from one person is better to keep then place your vote against me. If you think I'm town since I am and have done nothing scummy at all and figured out that Scarlotte was acting up her role instead of being "herself" :roll: then that should say something to you people.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:21 am

Post by icemanE »

If you think I'm town since I am and have done nothing scummy at all and figured out that Scarlotte was acting up her role instead of being "herself" Rolling Eyes then that should say something to you people.
unvote - vote: Tom

Interesting. We'll see where this takes us.
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Tombolo »

You keep going after me for lurking when I've been posting, and you keep going after me for not giving a claim when you never asked for it. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.
##NL imo
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:40 am

Post by farside22 »

Tombolo wrote:You keep going after me for lurking when I've been posting, and you keep going after me for not giving a claim when you never asked for it. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.
In the beginning you attacked me about the puzzle thing, which was fair. However I still say just because someone does or doesn't know puzzles doesn't mean squat in finding scum. After that you haven't had much to say on anyone and then sort of just dissappeared. Now as much as I don't care for the mechanics of this game we can't keep no lynching at this point. I know I'm town. I've made efforts in this game to figure out who is scum and who could be town. I also think after certain roles have been revealed (nerd/ doctor) that character roles might actually mean something. The fact that you don't want to share yours tells me something. You think hinting about it helps, it doesn't. So if you want to say that unless others are willing to push you will keep quiet because you think it will help mafia is not accurate. Explain BM to me if you think this is true.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:55 am

Post by babygirl86 »

it has come to my attention that several people don't like the setup of the game. I designed it so that I thought it would be different and interesting, but I guess my plan failed. I request that each of you PM me wether you wish for this game to keep going or not and I will take the majority vote. I'm really sorry you guys
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Tombolo »

farside22 wrote:
Tombolo wrote:You keep going after me for lurking when I've been posting, and you keep going after me for not giving a claim when you never asked for it. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.
In the beginning you attacked me about the puzzle thing, which was fair. However I still say just because someone does or doesn't know puzzles doesn't mean squat in finding scum.
True. I could explain my reasoning, but I'd just be repeating myself. On that one, we're coming at it from two different angles, and both have valid points, imo. My argument also wouldn't be as applicable now, anyway, down 4 pro-town, since the odds are no longer heavily in favor of player X being pro-town.
After that you haven't had much to say on anyone and then sort of just dissappeared.
Wasn't I around? I kinda get confused, but I'm pretty sure I was around to some extent. I didn't like BM or Khel, and pointed that out, and I even got in a little back and forth with BM. I also know I've mentioned liking Iceman at least once or twice when he was getting heat.
Now as much as I don't care for the mechanics of this game we can't keep no lynching at this point.
The way I look at it, we COULD nl today probably. With 12, we can probably assume 3-4 scum, which makes it 5v3 or 4v4. 4v4 we're already dead, barring some sort of weird multi-scum crosskill scenario, so we should probably assume 5v3, in which case we COULD NL and make it 4v3 tomorrow. Either way, we have one shot left to find scum, as a mislynch ends it. (I forget, does it count as LyLo if you still can no lynch?) I would much rather lynch you than NL, but the option IS open if we decide on it. And, obviously, I'd rather NL than lynch me, since we lose if we mislynch.
I know I'm town.
I know I'm town. I don't know you're town.
I've made efforts in this game to figure out who is scum and who could be town.
Good for you? I have too. So has everybody, assuming we're all still playing.
I also think after certain roles have been revealed (nerd/ doctor) that character roles might actually mean something. The fact that you don't want to share yours tells me something.
I've been assuming the flavor has meaning all game- that's why I'd prefer NOT to volunteer info without a good reason. I'd rather not give scum info on what I might be. Just as I wouldn't charge in day 1 saying "HAY GUYZ I'M DA COP," I wouldn't randomly volunteer "HAY GUYZ I'M A COMEDIAN."
You think hinting about it helps, it doesn't.
I, uh, don't think hinting about it helps, nor have I been trying to hint about it. Heck, you were the one hinting at your flavor back on d1, and you proceeded to claim it, so if anything, you're digging your own grave there.
So if you want to say that unless others are willing to push you will keep quiet because you think it will help mafia is not accurate.
I think I've already explained my reasoning here. Since flavor does mean something, flavor shouldn't be claimed for no reason. I'd rather scum not know what I am when they're picking a night kill. If I'm in significant danger of getting lynched anyway, I'll obviously claim, and if people seem to think I should claim, I will. (so far you're the only person who's pushed for my claim, and you did so vaguely enough that I didn't even initially realize that's what you wanted from me >_>) But since I think you're scum, it's going to take a bit more than that to fish out my role.
Explain BM to me if you think this is true.
What about BM do you want explained? Bear in mind that I don't really trust him, and understand him even less, so I doubt I can explain much of anything he's done. <_<
##NL imo
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

icemanE wrote:
If you think I'm town since I am and have done nothing scummy at all and figured out that Scarlotte was acting up her role instead of being "herself" Rolling Eyes then that should say something to you people.

wth? didnt we address this earlier?

HoS: Iceman

Vote stands if that is really your only defence.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:12 am

Post by farside22 »

If you think saying what your flavor character is will get you killed by mafia then what about BM and him still being around.
I see you don't trust him, but if you claim and he doesn't watch then there should be a good reason.
I claimed early to see what BM would say my role character meant to see if the game was breakable. He was wrong about me so I don't think a character role always means what we think.
Just curious. Do you think OP's star claim was scummy?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:13 am

Post by farside22 »

Battle Mage wrote:
icemanE wrote:

wth? didnt we address this earlier?

HoS: Iceman

BM
You haven't stated a reason you are voting for me.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

babygirl86 wrote:
it has come to my attention that several people don't like the setup of the game. I designed it so that I thought it would be different and interesting, but I guess my plan failed. I request that each of you PM me wether you wish for this game to keep going or not and I will take the majority vote. I'm really sorry you guys
wait, who said that they don't like the setup? As far as i'm aware, we don't KNOW the full setup yet... :S

Vote: Continue

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:31 am

Post by icemanE »

I kinda want to put Tom near lynch to see how he acts. That's why I voted him. Plus having someone at L-2 is not good right now, I realized, so I pulled my vote off farside. I want someone lynched today but I want to hear both people talk under pressure.
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:31 am

Post by Tombolo »

farside22 wrote:If you think saying what your flavor character is will get you killed by mafia then what about BM and him still being around.
He claimed scanner. He could be scum, or scum could've realized he was the obvious save choice.
I see you don't trust him, but if you claim and he doesn't watch then there should be a good reason.
I'd welcome being watched tonight if I claim.
I claimed early to see what BM would say my role character meant to see if the game was breakable.
Okay, fair enough.
He was wrong about me so I don't think a character role always means what we think.
Maybe not, but it narrows it down a bit. For instance, "everybody's friend" doesn't necessarily mean cop, but I'd assume it would be some sort of important pro-town role, and scanner kinda makes sense for it, as well. On the other hand, it probably won't be a vig or a miller, because that makes zero sense.

Also, this may be a good time to point out that I play a lot of theme games on another site, and flavor is usually tied a lot closer to role than it has been here. I just modded a game where everybody and his dog knew who the princess was because he hinted he shouldn't be lynched and then claimed his character d1 out of nowhere. The only reason he wasn't NK'd that night was that scum wasn't sure the princess would take effect unless he was lynched. He actually managed to survive to endgame because of that. >_>
Just curious. Do you think OP's star claim was scummy?
Not scummy as much as not something I would do, although I guess the latter's obvious since I'm in roughly the same situation and not doing what he did. <_<
##NL imo
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Battle Mage wrote:
babygirl86 wrote:
wait, who said that they don't like the setup? As far as i'm aware, we don't KNOW the full setup yet... :S

BM
I know I am town and if Tomb is town then one lynch equals one town person down. Night the mafia will kill a town person
That leave 6 people which should be lylo if there are 3 mafia which is normal in most 12 player games and unless both people on the pad are mafia the town is set up to lose this game.
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Tombolo »

Wouldn't 3v3 be endgame, not lylo? And you're still ignoring the possibility of NL'ing and going to 4v3 if we're both town.

And IIRC we don't know how the lynch candidates are picked except for that one time BM picked for his reward, nor do we know what town has left, (or whether we've missed chances to lynch scum) so I'm not sure we can complain about balance just yet.
##NL imo
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

it depends on the Mod's discretion. Potentially we could still get a draw from 3 v 3.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

farside22 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
babygirl86 wrote:

BM
I know I am town and if Tomb is town then one lynch equals one town person down. Night the mafia will kill a town person
That leave 6 people which should be lylo if there are 3 mafia which is normal in most 12 player games and unless both people on the pad are mafia the town is set up to lose this game.
Wait. So you think because we're in a really shite position we should abandon the game. That's terrible sportsmanship. It's our fault we are where we are, not the Mod's! I say we play it out, and really you should be voting No-Lynch at this point.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Tombolo »

Really? This must be different from the people I play with, because at 3v3, nobody gets lynched unless the scum votes them, so scum forces a no lynch, and it goes to night. Calling that a draw doesn't make sense to me.
##NL imo
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:48 am

Post by cerebus3 »

prodded.

vote: continue

I really have not given this game the attention I should. I will read up and post.
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Tombolo »

And since everybody's posting here instead of PM'ing, I'll also go ahead and
vote: continue
##NL imo
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:29 am

Post by farside22 »

Battle Mage wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
babygirl86 wrote:

BM
Wait. So you think because we're in a really shite position we should abandon the game. That's terrible sportsmanship. It's our fault we are where we are, not the Mod's! I say we play it out, and really you should be voting No-Lynch at this point.

BM
You should also be telling me why you are voting against me. We have no answers on why people are being put up. We talk about the 2 people who are on the chopping block and nothing is answered.
Why should I vote NL when people don't want NL anymore?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”