Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4450 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 4449, Gentleman 6 wrote:P.S. reminder to update your living wills in case of further altslips.
In post 3150, Gentleman 6 wrote:
Last Living Slot Owner Wills and Testaments

I am proposing that everyone take time, once every 24 hours or so, to post a last will and testiment of your thoughts to your dance partner PT.

You never know when an alt slip will occur, and data that you may not have laid down in the thread then vanishes from the game. And that's terrible.

I propose something like the following example:

exampleThis is the last will and testament of the second owner of Guy the 6th. I replaced in on post 674. This post is accurate as of post XYZ. My reads are {list here}. I have a theory that the scumteam is {X,Y,Z} and while I have not expressed it in the thread, I also think that {spicy hot take here} .

I will be taking some time to make one up in my own PT tonight.
I actually haven't really had one going because I didn't have anything I wanted to specifically convey. I'll definitely do it now/soon though
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4451 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

gentleman 9 and i have been talking about gentleman 3 overnight! i'm not sure how interested he was in my input, though. :(

i don't actually really think g3 reads as aligned with the flipped baddies. i also don't really think g3 is all that towny but i'm not sure if i feel like he needs to die immediately

that said BLOODBATH so maybe we should just kill him for the banter.
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4452 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

i also like the g5/l8 duo but don't really care about anyone else
ama
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4453 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

You make me g6.cry
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4454 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

turn that g6.frown g6.upsidedown
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4455 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Your predecessor never gave me a pokechart and I intend to make her make right by it come postgame.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4456 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

what's a pokechart? i can do that! :)
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4457 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 4428, Gentleman 6 wrote:In all seriousness I'd love everyone to rank the five remaining pairs in order of wanting to see them flip.
Gent 3 >>>> Gent 1 >>> Gent 5 > Gent 6 / Lady 1 = Gent 9 / Lady 3 ?

Gent 3 I don't really have much to work with -- lemme look through
Spoiler: Gentleman 3
In post 3989, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 3987, Gentleman 8 wrote:who do you think is scum, gentleman 3?
I honestly don't know. My best answer for you is really just "the people who aren't in my townreads". That'd be Gentleman 1, Gentleman 4, Gentleman 6, Lady 1, and
maybe
Gentleman 5 and Lady 2.
He has hedged on Lady 2 / slightly suggested her to be town here, without being strong on it. Mmmm I can't believe he had G6/L1 below Lady 2

He also has another post where he mentions liking Lady 2 (). Interesting. Largely his posts aren't a whole lot different for me, theyre not towny or scummy. A perfect vote for me really since I don't usually get much in the way of scumreads, i townread most of the game now, and his interactions aren't great

I almost wish I could've seen him enter day two casing me now though. He ended up 180ing his read of me and I was kind of curious what i was doing that was apparently scummy

Gent 1 spent so much effort casing Lady 1 yesterday, i don't recall exactly what his contributions beyond that were. Leeemmmmeeeeee look
Spoiler: Gentleman 1
Yup it's grilling Lady 1. Maybe that was to try and get something going other than G4/L2-- they have a lot of miselims they're going to need.

I see he voted G2/L4 when we were picking between the two 2/4 pairs. I swear there were some people who held out for L2/G4 first besides myself but I forget. Regardless he wasn't one of them.

And I really don't think it's my partner but I wouldn't put it past me to be missing something, especially considering Gent 4 as an example. If he can do it, I definitely can
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4458 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 4457, Lady 8 wrote:I swear there were some people who held out for L2/G4 first besides myself

My jewel Lady the first did as well.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4459 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 4402, Gentleman 1 wrote:to expand on the fact I SR G5, his posting at the end of first dance was just not good at all, in fact:
VOTE: G5
I think it was bad enough for me to vote it. Dude was acting real shady trying to save L2's pair
I recall Gent 5 changing his mind on Gent 4 being scum, he always had Lady 2 at the bottom though. Towards the end he shifted back towards not liking Gent 4 (which makes no sense if he's trying to save L2), but he then wanted a no elim at the end

The reason he wanted a no elim (he was clear about this to me in our PT), was that he was starting to suspect Lady 5 and wanted to see if she dies before continuing on

Maybe his plan was to not let L2/G4 die -> don't kill L5, kill a different pair -> start suspicion on the IC pair the next day.

It doesn't get him a lot but it does give Lady 2 a chance. I didn't quite agree with suspecting Lady 5 although I had her as less strong than other ladies in my reads and if she survived I'd have been a little paranoid.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4460 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 4458, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 4457, Lady 8 wrote:I swear there were some people who held out for L2/G4 first besides myself
My jewel Lady the first did as well.
oh that's right! Yay Lady 1!
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4461 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I didn't actually end up finishing G3's iso because, in honesty, it wasn't very interesting trying to prompt a read on him.
In post 735, Gentleman 3 wrote:Lady 2, I'd like to hear your thoughts on pairings. Both what pairings of the remaining people you think would be best, as well as any mechanical thoughts you have on pairings in general. For instance, earlier you said that we shouldn't pair the IC with scum; I'm interested to hear you elaborate on that.
This is like, the image of a poor associative.
Probably to the point where someone who is actually scum with L2 realises and deletes it before posting, surely?
In post 814, Gentleman 3 wrote:Why is it that people seem to think that Lady 1 should be paired with him (if anyone actually thinks that)? Is our best metric for the partner of the IC someone who is townread, but not too townread? Because under those lines, I might actually put forward Lady 2 instead.

I'm also impartial to the plan that Gentleman 8 put forward himself of simply choosing an obscure townread that he feels he can hard defend. It's really up to him in the end regardless, unless we plan on leaving out our IC.
Similarly this is either very daft or spectacularly bold, if G3 is paired with L2.
In post 931, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 926, Gentleman 9 wrote:If you scum read both players in a pair then you should like the pairing
As I said, I suppose the pair itself is fine.
In post 928, Lady 1 wrote:Gent 3 all I see is non townreads and scumreads from you the only person I remember you townreading is the person you want to partner with.

Got anything else to share?
If that's all you see then you must've missed a lot. I don't blame you, the game is moving fast. Among the ladies, Earth (L5), Salad (L4), and Riku (L7) are townreads, obviously along with Seal (L6). Rosalina (L2) is null to me so far, while the rest (1, 3, 8) all lean slightly on the scum side.

Among the Gentlemen I have less townreads: really only Gentleman 4 and Gentleman 5. Both Gentleman 2 and 7 I feel have been slightly towny recently, although only slightly. As a group I find the Gentlemen less readable and less towny than the Ladies.
This post does nothing to further a scum wincon. It's just.. a post.

Nevermind. Looking back over this I actually think I want G3 flipped quite urgently.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4462 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 4459, Lady 8 wrote:I recall Gent 5 changing his mind on Gent 4 being scum, he always had Lady 2 at the bottom though.
Towards the end he shifted back towards not liking Gent 4 (which makes no sense if he's trying to save L2)
, but he then wanted a no elim at the end
The bolded here makes me the most at ease

Essentially there was a point where in our PT we were like "I'm starting to like Gent 4 more" -> "Me too babe now what" -> "idk"

If he were scum with Lady 2, I don't know why he wouldnt sustain that townread on Gent 4. Gives him more wiggle room i suppose. Instead he put G4 still at the bottom of his reads end of day and didnt TR him
Spoiler: here
In post 4173, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 4172, Lady 3 wrote:sure, i respect that.
do you think g4 is scum or just wrong?
I think he's definitely suspicious.
In post 4177, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 4035, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 4029, Lady 5 wrote:G5 can you do me a readslist please?
[Lady 1, Lady 3, Lady 7, Lady 8]
[Gent 1, Gent 6, Gent 9, Lady 6]
[Gent 3, Gent 4, Lady 2]

Something like this I want to eliminate the Gent 4/Lady 2 pair less than what it looks like here
Here is where I stand lady 3

He was also never going to turn around and try to save L2 today, that I'm pretty sure of. Mayyyybe I could see trying to pull off the IC paranoia strategy, but after that it'd still be L2 regardless
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4463 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 4438, Lady 7 wrote:There you go. G9 is scum.
This post makes me townread G9 :/
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4464 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

My kingdom for lady the 6th showing up with data from their PT
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4465 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 4416, Gentleman 9 wrote:Image
solving the game 4 u just need to sort by post count
this is great, by the way.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4466 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 4451, Lady 3 wrote:gentleman 9 and i have been talking about gentleman 3 overnight! i'm not sure how interested he was in my input, though. :(

i don't actually really think g3 reads as aligned with the flipped baddies. i also don't really think g3 is all that towny but i'm not sure if i feel like he needs to die immediately

that said BLOODBATH so maybe we should just kill him for the banter.
wait, do you two still suspect each other?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4467 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 4448, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 4447, Lady 7 wrote:Lol that pair is town
I mean your case isn't terrible but it's like... two things. Are those the only two data points, or just the two most prominent in your mind?
There's several data points in my posts alone. I grabbed the most salient ones. I can grab more if you would like or I can prove G3 and L6 are town. Either way, we win once that pair is gone.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4468 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 4463, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 4438, Lady 7 wrote:There you go. G9 is scum.
This post makes me townread G9 :/
Don't go all G4 on me now.

Why are you actually TRing G9?
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4469 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 4467, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 4448, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 4447, Lady 7 wrote:Lol that pair is town
I mean your case isn't terrible but it's like... two things. Are those the only two data points, or just the two most prominent in your mind?
There's several data points in my posts alone. I grabbed the most salient ones. I can grab more if you would like or I can prove G3 and L6 are town. Either way, we win once that pair is gone.
Both please?

Mostly focusing on guy the third from the town angle.

A more In depth scumcase on guy the ninth would be great too.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4470 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 4468, Lady 7 wrote:Don't go all G4 on me now.
Bahahahaha
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4471 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 4465, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 4416, Gentleman 9 wrote:Image
solving the game 4 u just need to sort by post count
this is great, by the way.
It really is and in my heart of hearts I want it to be true.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4472 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1855, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1848, Lady 8 wrote:AAHhhh! Vampire!!

I think in scum!Lady 4's shoes, I'd have picked Gent 2. There was no good reason to pick Gent 7, and I think she may as well try to grab some towncred to keep herself alive. Like if she took Gent 7 and they paired up as a 2 scum pairing, there's no way they make it far and that's 2 scum down. At least this way she has somewhat of a bus under her belt.

That being said, I don't think I lean on her being scum I don't think. Will have to look back and stuff
I'm not quite sure about this, even if I might agree with you on the conclusion. If we assume Lady 4 is scum and Gentleman 2 is town, picking G7 (thus leaving G2 out) and immediately getting eliminated is the same number of town and scum dead as picking G2 and leaving G7 out, but with the added benefit that scum doesn't immediately flip, denying a lot of information to town. Thus, I might say that if Lady 4 were scum, she would have a lot of incentive to pick Gentleman 7; and that's not even mentioning that I believe many people were prepared to townread Gentleman 7 if he started putting more effort in.

I don't think the idea of bussing here is a strong one; I think that this choice points to Lady 4 town.
Posts like this one are strongly indicative of G3 town. He's opened himself up to having his analysis critiqued and is defending widely suspected town with good reasoning.

Now, if we look at L2 there's a marked difference in how L2 treats G3 and G7. L2 likes to promote her scumbuddies as townier...see her treatment of G7. Here, she barely has a mention of G3 and it's quoting his posts in a non interactive point. She wants G3 to look more credibile because his reads and strategy are wrong. Yet she doesn't care to have him townread.

As for G7'S ISO, he's far too polite to G3 for them to be partners. G7 is an abusive ego lord and you can tell by how he treated L2.

Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4473 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 3685, Gentleman 5 wrote:townreading people who are getting eliminated anyway is not a point in his favor.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4474 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1399, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 1331, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 1252, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 1195, Lady 3 wrote:I'm noticing a lot of the game isn't townreading my slot as much as it deserves, but I think g9.bananas is kind of scummy, so it's not the shame it would otherwise be. It's a shame this pairing occurred at all, though.
This is scummy on so many levels.
It doesn't look scummy to me? It's pretty blunt which is towny if anything.
Lilith is a great scum player, piggy backing on how townie Lilith was, is a scum move.
I'll draw your attention here. G7 and L2 are discussing L3's scumread of G9. It's one of the few places G7 expresses an opinion. L2 gets involved as well, suggesting the topic has a large importance to scum. They want the conversation focused on L3 rather than G9.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”