Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 591, Isis wrote:I'm not nervous about it being a 3:5 ftr because I think townhunting is less brutalized by ratios than scumhunting but this is like the only setup for testing that (besides Undertale opens pls pre-in) so it's not an opinion with a strong foundation
If we are right on the heaven then we are just scum hunting in 3:4 tomorrow which seems very worrisome to me!
Although maybe it's just me who is constantly afraid of being wrong in this game. Maybe I should be looking at this game in a more short term manner since today is likely going to be relatively easy.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by Hayasaka »

I've been on the fence if I truly want to be heavened. To some degree I view myself as a pretty competent player with good enough reads so I can trust myself to not make a shit call. But it's also not something I am sure I'd want to make all on my own since I think I'd allow myself to be unnecessarily swayed by the living which is just the worst thing a heavened player should do.

I am very eager to see the catch up post from Cythlla since I am not actually sure Isis is town so more information is always appreciated.

Overall I think GC is approaching this game like town so I am not sure what inconsitencies Cythlla saw, and I am wondering if those are even alignment indicative inconsistencies. Town are perfectly capable of being inconsistent and many times inconsitencies can indicate someone is actually town so it's a read I am relatively interested in engaging her on.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by Hayasaka »

I have a headache so I don't want to stick around for too long.
I'd be willing to compromise and vote Clidd here but I believe he doesn't actually want to be heavened and that's a wish I am willing to respect at this moment in time.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 603, Hayasaka wrote:

I'd be willing to compromise and vote Clidd here but I believe he doesn't actually want to be heavened and that's a wish I am willing to respect at this moment in time.
This is the wrong attitude. Not wanting to go to heaven makes him townier, which is all the more reason to drag him kicking and screaming through the pearly gates.
It's like when Sam doesn't really want to carry the ring, and then you realize they should probably actually send Frodo home and have Sam carry the ring.
Every amount of preference clidd genuinely has for staying in purgatory gives him -1 pts for "give clidd what he prefers" and +20 for "clidd's preference means this is a safe heaven"

Why do you want to honor clidd's preference, and is it based on winning this game at any cost or a natural desire to be nice to people?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 602, Hayasaka wrote:I've been on the fence if I truly want to be heavened. To some degree I view myself as a pretty competent player with good enough reads so I can trust myself to not make a shit call. But it's also not something I am sure I'd want to make all on my own since I think I'd allow myself to be unnecessarily swayed by the living which is just the worst thing a heavened player should do.
Ohhh, paranoia fuel. In the old game i played all the scum was like: "I don’t want to be heavened but..."
:?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think i wanna heaven Clidd because they literally stated wanting to stay, making them a safe heaven target. It would suck to lose them though, but it’s the least likely chance of screwing up if we do him.
Alternatively maybe Isis. GC has been looking better but idk if i trust them as a heaven target yet. Maybe if Clidd is convinced they are better than Isis?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

VOTE: Clidd
But not a fixed vote.

- Bunno
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:03 am

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 604, Isis wrote:
In post 603, Hayasaka wrote:

This is the wrong attitude. Not wanting to go to heaven makes him townier, which is all the more reason to drag him kicking and screaming through the pearly gates.
It's like when Sam doesn't really want to carry the ring, and then you realize they should probably actually send Frodo home and have Sam carry the ring.
Every amount of preference clidd genuinely has for staying in purgatory gives him -1 pts for "give clidd what he prefers" and +20 for "clidd's preference means this is a safe heaven"

Why do you want to honor clidd's preference, and is it based on winning this game at any cost or a natural desire to be nice to people?
I can be nice and win this game D:

We also just don't gain much in terms of information since it is clear cut putting him in Heaven isn't the worst idea. Even right now trying to make it not happen Clidd is going to be the only one who won't want to do it. And in general I just find that information is relatively important.

Although the above is a retroactive reason I came up with this morning.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:09 am

Post by Isis »

Are you saying you think clidd is so insanely dials to eleven town that there's no chance we heaven him and find out he was actually scum? Which would be a very very large amount of information.
I feel pretty confident about my read but I think I would almost never consider a player to fit that category. I would only have that kind of confidence level like, one out of every 5 games. Even someone who I plan not to vote for the entirety of a game because I'm so sure about them, I think I'd be wrong about them often enough that I'd want to do something like heaven them.

If you heaven someone who is leantown, you're much more likely to find out your read was wrong, but the value is less because you had a good chance to correct yourself on your own. That was what I was trying to say at daystart.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:29 am

Post by Hayasaka »

I mean we can heaven him if we as a group truly cannot find another player we all believe to be town. I think a player can be conensus town to the degree in which scum are unlikely to fight it and town are unlikely to disagree, without believing I actually have a 100% read on Clidd. I am reluctant to ever state reads with that much adamancy because to some degree I agree with that logic that those reads don't happen very often.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:40 am

Post by Hayasaka »

Also I am just not that much more confident Clidd is town compared to Green Crayon after recent events. Pushing GC for town is offering me a lot more interesting posts then pushing Clidd for town ever will. So from my own perspective I am not altering my own win rate while achieving the goal I listed.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:02 am

Post by Isis »

In post 611, Hayasaka wrote:
So from my own perspective I am not altering my own win rate while achieving the goal I listed.
You're a filthy Zedruu player aren't you
"Well, I..."
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:23 am

Post by clidd »

If I go to Heaven, I won't be able to help in the hell phase and I believe that I have conviction of GC being town for the reasons I mentioned.

And with we being right on GC being angel, solve will be better tomorrow because we are more sure on me than we are on GC, which means a better PoE with me here instead of heaven.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:26 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ok then.
VOTE: Green Crayon

@Isis I understand what you’re saying in your argument for Clidd. But think it’s better to respect their wish over all.

- Bunno
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:38 am

Post by clidd »

I like Isis's last posts but I still more sure on GC than her.

By the way, it would be good if GC posts today. I want to see his last reads/pov/reaction/etc.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:15 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 599, Dannflor wrote:hello?

I'm back and will catch up over this evening/tonight
Want to see this catch up.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:17 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 600, Dannflor wrote:I'm very surprised to see heaven already
Also

Lol

Here’s that reaction post, fellas
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:22 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 584, clidd wrote:Ok, Hectic. From what I understand from your text, you are trying to give me the view that you can see that I am town and also see that I am wrong about you.

The problem is that as much as it is true what you said (about scum!You know how to trick me into having a townread on you), I really didn't feel anything that told me that you are town, and that's crucial to me.
I think this is what you’re saying in this post, but my interpretation is that Hectic’s post of “Scum me knows how to play town you, and I’m telling you how I’d do that, and so you should understand me to be town” seems like a scum who can’t generate town points some other way, so is trying to manufacture something he’d think town might like.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:30 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 591, Isis wrote:GC might be a bad heaven (I guess I am randomly getting onto heaven topics like Narset wanted yay) for being good at mafia. NSG nommed him for a scummy after nightless vanilla and he did wagon analysis stuff that gave town lots of milage in that game. IDK if he is always good though or it was just one game. GC are you always good?
I like wagon analysis once there’s a flip and working backwards from there. It’s not great and I sometimes mess it up, but that’s probably my best mafia power.

I’m just average for other things.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:39 am

Post by Green Crayons »

It’s very weird that after the thread either collectively suspected me or shrugged their shoulders at me, there is a bunch of “yeah GC is town enough to be heavened” posts. That doesn’t seem natural to me which makes me think my reads are on to something.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:44 am

Post by clidd »

What are your impressions on the players in general ?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:54 am

Post by clidd »

In post 620, Green Crayons wrote:It’s very weird that after the thread either collectively suspected me or shrugged their shoulders at me, there is a bunch of “yeah GC is town enough to be heavened” posts. That doesn’t seem natural to me which makes me think my reads are on to something.
Actually, I think you should know the reason people are willing to send you to heaven.
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Cthylla »

I'm back. I'm gonna reread the whole game and give my thoughts as they come.
In post 17, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Floortile, i like the way you think. Hectic is always trustworthy.
Calling out my alt is demon-indicative. Datisi did the same thing in Smuggler's Port, I think demons are less likely to care. I summed it up earlier.
In post 21, Isis wrote:
I need to know if you're kidding or not about your guessing skilz.
Cause uh my readrate is etto really bad on Hectic right now, like really bad, and I would kind of like to policy heaven that.
Wanting to policy heaven someone who have a bad read rate on is weird. Why not policy hell today? It has the advantage of seeing my flip earlier.
In post 24, Cthylla wrote:S̫̞̫͢T̟͝A̕Y̛̖ ͙̳̭̰̫I͔̬Ń͓̤̜͕ Y̳̣ͅO̼̣͝U͠R͉̺̖͉͇̼ ̝̠͍̣͝P̢͉͚͇̤ͅL̥̙̜͓A̖̲̥̗C̡̪̙E͍͈.̸̞͙̠͈ ̞̼͟M͏̗̭̯͚͖O̤̠̣͢R͍̰͈̯͓̻̩T̮̲͍ĄL͙ͅS̲̟̘̣͙̮͞.̱̤̗̤ ͎̟̼T͖̞̝̮̯͔̱Ḩ̟͖̞̘̜E̡̫̮̺̙͇ H̜̝̯̝̝͍͝I̧͕V̰̘̠̻̺E͓̳̟͙ ̘ͅM͏̘͍͚̻̻I̼̩N̤̰̞͎̺̦̬D͈̘͚̜̼͠ ̝O͓̲͢F͈̮̹̲ ̦̣͇̣͇C̵̩͈̗̲̹̩͎H҉̗͎̮̲̫̺ͅA̤̰͙̱̫̻̮O̸̺͎̖S ͝W̭̰̣͍̗̠͚I̪̼̹̮͔͍̜L̝̯̱̩̼L̫͕̤̳̣ͅ E̶Ṋ̴̖̹̬C͖OM̘̟͠P̷̳A̦̠̤̝̜̭͞S҉̦̞̤S̸̜̙̻̯ ̺̗͓̀À̦̩L̲̟̯̬̯̳͉L̲͜ ͚̗̩̰͇A͍̠̗ND̜͓̹̦̣͇̀ H͍̼̖̪̖Ę ̡W̦Í͉̱̥̣͚̯L̮̱̣͎L̸ A̦̙̙W̭̳͇̲̙͕A̷K͕̮̮͖͠E͈̘͇̬N͚̻͙̪͢ Ó͔͓͉Ǹ̪͍̞̟̞͙͔C̘̻E ̧̦͔̞̯̖̱̯M͓̻̬͉̩̪̲O̫͢ͅR̸̼̞̹̠É̖͉̻.̢͙̰͙̺͔
Very cool text here. This guy's probably an angel.
In post 27, Isis wrote:Does this mean I actually finished a game without you playing in it or spectating it, Hectic?
I have actually read parts of the previous Purgatory, but only because I was really impressed by Ame's effort and play as scum.
In post 28, Hayasaka wrote:Hello boys and girls, it is I, Hayasaka and I am here to play o7
I finally know who you are! You've tried and it didn't work before, but you can have your wish of purging me now. You get it???
P͜h'ngl̶ui̡ mg͏l̕w̵'̢n̶afh ̨C̵t̀hu͝lh͠u R̷'lýeh͘ ͞wgah'nagl ̵fhta͝gn.͠
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:19 am

Post by Cthylla »

In post 29, Isis wrote:
Hectic wanna see a cute waifu magic card I spent all my birthday money on
In post 117, Isis wrote:
The Chrome extension is here. The company also has an extension for Hectic's idiosyncratic preferred browser, here.
Our previous game:
In post 1431, Isis wrote:Is pocketing Hectic a good strat? for some reason I never do that
The thing I was thinking could be demon-indicative from Isis early on was this. I got the feeling this was the game she tried to pocket me as a demon early on.
P͜h'ngl̶ui̡ mg͏l̕w̵'̢n̶afh ̨C̵t̀hu͝lh͠u R̷'lýeh͘ ͞wgah'nagl ̵fhta͝gn.͠

Return to “Completed Open Games”