Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think pre-flip trolls are often more frustrating than they are useful, so thank you for that
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think I'm slowly coming around to a town read on both sides of the Cthulu/GC conflict, which I fear means Isis has to be scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 414, Cthylla wrote:i think she's been towny but there's one thing that she's been doing that could mean she's demonic
gonna keep that reason to myself for now and reveal it later ; )
Cyhtutjldulu did you ever reveal this?
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Hayasaka »

I mean it works on like level 1 players.
But even then I claimed desperado once. I shot town during the day using fake bold tags.
The town said "rip me" because they didn't know how desperado worked momentarily. Also lost town the game.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Dannflor »

yikes
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 926, Dannflor wrote:I think I'm slowly coming around to a town read on both sides of the Cthulu/GC conflict, which I fear means Isis has to be scum
I do think my bottom 3 is correct right now. :\
Wish I could stay and help but someone had to go to heaven.

I guess this does put a bit of a smile on my face though compared to being the n1 kill :P
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Hayasaka »

I just have this thing where Isis is treating the heaven like a night kill effectively.
While I think someone like GC who is town is although suggesting a poor strat like getting me to stay is at least trying to optimize it in a way that comes from town.
My main fear which keeps Isis as the weakest of my scum reads is that Isis is just a far more technical mind then my own, so to say I could understand her would just be a lie on my part.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Dannflor »

that bothers me less than the timing of Isis dropping me in her reads does, although there could be some element of OMGUS here

I also think her reasons for scum reading me are... somewhat forced and contradictory to earlier comments. Like early in the game she advocated for stronger players going to heaven because they needed to solve from there. And based off that, I basically decided well I don't think I'm a very strong player so I probably should not be going. and then she accuses me of thinking so highly of myself that I want to stay. Which has a second issue of I think she knows me well enough to know that I have very low-confidence in my own ability.

I also don't really understand why she didn't ask me for further explanation on some of my town reads rather than just call me out on "not explaining them," particularly when she's witnessed me be a player who throws out a lot of reads in a somewhat erratic fashion because my mind jumps all over the place

I dunno I just can't shake the feeling that I am being pushed as scummier because I have to be and the pool of people that could possibly be mis-elimed is shrinking
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Hayasaka »

Like my thought process of we aren't going to ever lynch our 2nd best town read. So why should we heaven our top town read and lose the most valuable player.

If the 2nd best town read is scum they just get heavened right after Clidd anyway? So might as well keep Clidd around for an extra day phase to direct us after we take that hit. The only way this doesn't work is the 2-5% world we are all wrong on Clidd. But the only reason we don't want to go after the 2nd best town is we want the highest chance to hit anyway????

That feels like a super basic and easy to come up with thought so idk why Isis fundamentally just doesn't see what I am seeing. So even if our brains just work on different levels I feel meh about it still.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 591, Isis wrote:I kind of don't hate a Walter heaven but it's not a clidd heaven. I kind of don't hate a Norwee heaven but it's not a clidd heaven. Both of those slots seem kind of comfortable in the game thread and lean town to me.
Ctrl+F walter in her ISO.
This being 1 of the 5 mentions sucks on so many levels
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 932, Dannflor wrote:that bothers me less than the timing of Isis dropping me in her reads does, although there could be some element of OMGUS here

I also think her reasons for scum reading me are... somewhat forced and contradictory to earlier comments. Like early in the game she advocated for stronger players going to heaven because they needed to solve from there. And based off that, I basically decided well I don't think I'm a very strong player so I probably should not be going. and then she accuses me of thinking so highly of myself that I want to stay. Which has a second issue of I think she knows me well enough to know that I have very low-confidence in my own ability.

I also don't really understand why she didn't ask me for further explanation on some of my town reads rather than just call me out on "not explaining them," particularly when she's witnessed me be a player who throws out a lot of reads in a somewhat erratic fashion because my mind jumps all over the place

I dunno I just can't shake the feeling that I am being pushed as scummier because I have to be and the pool of people that could possibly be mis-elimed is shrinking
ugh... I hate leaving here. I just feel like I opened up another world of topics I want to talk about.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Isis »

Walter's last post or two creeps me out but I can't put my finger on it.

Re: me wanting to heaven Walter at some point, I didn't remember saying that and found it was a throwaway comment I had made about it being ok-ish to heaven Walter or Norwee. I was townleaning each of them when I made the post and didn't expect either to be very readable in the future, Norwee is kind of a palm read and I didn't expect Walter to change frequencies that much with his style and volume. I don't actually remember how much thought I was giving those factors since it was a moot topic; I preferred clidd.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:43 am

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

That is intersting Dann
I think I will do some isos while we wait
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Dannflor »

I don't know how to read Norweegian
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Hayasaka »

Kill walter on scum Heaven GC.
Evaluate after that?

On Walter town we should probably slow down a bit.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Hayasaka »

Actually if walter flips town judgement day is on me... fuck
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Isis »

In post 932, Dannflor wrote:that bothers me less than the timing of Isis dropping me in her reads does, although there could be some element of OMGUS here

You really gonna post a transformative paraphrase of one of my posts and hope people don't click the link or follow too closely Dflor? In that post I was rebutting Norwee saying "heavening people is bad because they don't get to solve anymore" "actually they can". I didn't say they need to get heavened
You're getting really stretchy
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Dannflor »

why do you assume I'm being manipulative/malicious over misunderstanding

Norwee said stronger players staying behind is good

You said no, that's wrong

as far as I understand
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Isis »

In post 932, Dannflor wrote:I also don't really understand why she didn't ask me for further explanation on some of my town reads rather than just call me out on "not explaining them," particularly when she's witnessed me be a player who throws out a lot of reads in a somewhat erratic fashion because my mind jumps all over the place
Not discussing your reasonings unprompted was what I was reading. It wasn't the assumption those reasons don't exist (I expect you thought about them even if you're scum)
It's not a surefire indicator of your alignment but I am running out of people who can be scum too.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Isis »

In post 942, Dannflor wrote:why do you assume I'm being manipulative/malicious over misunderstanding

Norwee said stronger players staying behind is good

You said no, that's wrong

as far as I understand
That is not what the post says

"Milk is good for you because it has vitamin C"
"Actually milk doesn't have vitamin C"
"Isis thinks milk isn't good for you"

This isn't hard.
"Well, I..."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 943, Isis wrote:It's not a surefire indicator of your alignment but I am running out of people who can be scum too.
What are your GC/Cthulu thoughts?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Isis »

And I assume it's malicious over misunderstanding because it seems like so much effort to reach a gotcha, when I have consistently presented my philosophy on heavening over and over this phase. It's not clear. I don't think you'd think my philosophy was different and would reread it more times to reconcile it with my other posts and dismiss this rather basic "I disagree with A && B =/= I disagree with A".
Narset's progression on the topic has been much fairer
"Well, I..."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 944, Isis wrote:This isn't hard.
I mean you literally said norwegian's "good town strategy" of not wanting good town players to go to heaven was backwards? I interpreted that to mean that strong town players should go to heaven.

Instead you actually just meant that solving occurs both in thread and heaven and the strength of players shouldn't be a factor? sorry if I seem obtuse I think my brain is just stuck on this or something
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 946, Isis wrote:
And I assume it's malicious over misunderstanding because it seems like so much effort to reach a gotcha, when I have consistently presented my philosophy on heavening over and over this phase. It's not clear. I don't think you'd think my philosophy was different and would reread it more times to reconcile it with my other posts and dismiss this rather basic "I disagree with A && B =/= I disagree with A".
Narset's progression on the topic has been much fairer
You've been pushing clidd all phase I don't think that's inconsistent with thinking our stronger town players should go to heaven
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Isis »

GC is scum and Cthylla is
pocketing me with my favorite way to be townread
town. It doesn't have to do with their interaction necessitating any distribution. I just independently think GC's posts are scummy and Cthylla's are townier although I'm still paranoid about wordhammer and some things.
I'm not sure enough that GC is scum to feel confident I'm right when clidd and Narset seem to have thought about it and are confident about it.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”