Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Cthylla »

I regard you as a high skill level player, Dann; you've always felt that way to me. You and GuiltyLion feel very similar to me in a way. This may look like buddying but that's my impression of you.
P͜h'ngl̶ui̡ mg͏l̕w̵'̢n̶afh ̨C̵t̀hu͝lh͠u R̷'lýeh͘ ͞wgah'nagl ̵fhta͝gn.͠
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Dannflor »

What about GC's posts do you find as scummy? You can wait to hell phase to explain if you want but I'm curious to know a more detailed read on that slot
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Isis »

In post 947, Dannflor wrote:
In post 944, Isis wrote:This isn't hard.
I mean you literally said norwegian's "good town strategy" of not wanting good town players to go to heaven was backwards? I interpreted that to mean that strong town players should go to heaven.

Instead you actually just meant that solving occurs both in thread and heaven and the strength of players shouldn't be a factor? sorry if I seem obtuse I think my brain is just stuck on this or something
It was backwards logic in that heavened players are the most likely to be able to solve, purgatories less likely to be able to solve, because they perhaps could move to hell and no longer be able to solve.

Players can solve from anywhere and I don't think player strength matters significantly for who is in heaven.
I don't think clidd is a particularly strong player. Maybe he is, I've played with him little. If I wanted to heaven the player I thought was strongest but still townread mediumish and have a mixed strategy like Narset I would have voted Narset.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Isis »

It is hell phase, Narset confirmed her flip by not hammering when there was a real possibility of unvotes. There's no reason not to discuss like we are in hell phase.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Dannflor »

ok i understand now
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 953, Isis wrote:
It is hell phase, Narset confirmed her flip by not hammering when there was a real possibility of unvotes. There's no reason not to discuss like we are in hell phase.
I know but we don't know when the thread gets locked and there's something to be said for continuity/flow of discussion
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Dannflor »

I am still skeeved by you saying me not wanting to go to heaven is because I think so highly of myself
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Isis »

It was a point of rhetoric rather than an actual bona fide perception of your mindset
I'm sorry
I get really frustrated when people don't agree with me about theory stuff in mafia games. You remember fruitfest
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Isis »

GC seems very aware of how his slot is being perceived this game, and he engages with people in a way that seems more about "looking good" rather than lovingly correcting an assailant he townreads or exposing the evil in an assailant he scumreads (although the latter naturally will be a blurrier distinction). It might be somewhat of a meta read because in Nightless Vanilla I felt like I had no bead on him besides how little he cared about how he was perceived. I shaded him or sort of pushed throughout that game but he always like, didn't care, while not undermining me or ignoring comments in a scummy way. In this game he seems more aware.

I didn't like his readslist. But I'm scum on his readslist, so that's a natural reason. I think townlocking Hayasaka in a game that also include's clidd's iso is a bit weird, we heaven'ed Hayasaka but for most it was that Narset isn't as townie but clidd is good at mafia main threads.

I also kind of scumread him the more I come around on Hectic, not because "half the 1v1 must be scum" but because I think Hectic is better at mafia than I used to, not sure whether his skill changed or my perception only.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Isis »

e.g. sheepable
my food is here
which is more significant disruption than I expect Morning Tweet's flavour writing to be
"Well, I..."
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

VC 2.FINAL.HEAVEN

[5] Hayasaka:
Dannflor, clidd, Cthylla, Green Crayons, Hayasaka

[2] Isis:
NorwegianboyEE, WaltertheDunce10

[1] Green Crayons:
Hayasaka

[1] Not Voting:
Isis

With 8 still with us, it takes 5 votes to exalt someone to Heaven.

The Heaven 2 deadline is in:[/color]
(expired on 2020-08-21 15:32:00)
[/b]⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Mod Notes:
Fixed wagon order.
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

"You all trust me that much?"

In spite of her reluctancy to the offer, her question is met with a resounding answer from the Cthulu-like creature.

"ɎɆ₴, ₥Ɏ ĐɆ₳Ɽ. ₮Ⱨł₴ ł₴ ₩Ⱨ₳₮ ł₴ ฿Ɇ₴₮ ₣ØⱤ ₳ⱠⱠ Ø₣ Ʉ₴. "

One by one, everyone else chimes in to voice their own approval. Hayasaka thinks on it for a short while, before finally coming to a decision.

"Okay! Thank you for believing in me. I won't let you down."

The angelic man beckons for Haysaka to follow as he exits the gazebo.

"Are you ready, my child?"

The angel parts the trees to reveal a pathway through the centre of the forest. He stops and waits at the entrance.

"Come, now. We have quite the journey ahead of us."

A great light peeks out from within the dense forest brush, bathing the garden in golden rays. Hayasaka takes her first few steps, before stopping to pause. She turns to give you all one last nervous look. She smiles faintly.

"Good luck, everyone. I hope to see many of you again!"

As you watch her enter into the light, a feeling of contentedness washes its way over you. Some otherworldly sense is telling you that you made the right decision this time around.

Not long after, the two of them fully disappear into the heart of the forest. Hayasaka was a good person. Of that, you are certain.

The light shining upon the garden suddenly overtakes your vision, forcing you down to your knees. You hear a great rumbling from all around as the very ground beneath you starts to pull away. You feel one last sensation before losing consciousness.

You're falling.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Hayasaka has ascended to an eternity in Heaven.

She was a
Vanilla Townie
[/align]
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

The image of Hayasaka's nervous, but excited face looking back to you one last time before she departs lingers in your mind. Something to rejoice about, for a change.

Your new surroundings slowly start to materialize around you, interrupting your thoughts. You are indoors. This room is much more spacious than the last but feels just as dark and empty.

A lone lightbulb hangs above a large, round table at the centre of the room. The others occupy each seat at the table, save for one. You can make out the faint shape of a billiards table in the back corner. A dartboard hangs on the wall behind.

You approach the others with newfound confidence and take your seat.

A dozen bright lights suddenly switch on, illuminating a bar on the other side of the room. A familiar face stands behind the counter.

“Welcome back, everyone! Who won the free ticket to Heaven?

Smiles all around.

"Hayasaka.. what a surprise.”

The woman groans as she hops onto the bar counter, letting her legs dangle off the side.

“Such a nice, innocent girl. On the outside, at least. Did you ever even stop to consider that she might have been playing you?”

The girl shifts to an aggressive tone of voice. Visibily frustrated, she bangs on the counter with one hand.

“You aren't psychologists! You only picked her because she had a pleasant face and demeanour. You would have had no idea if she was pulling one over on you.”

Her words serve no purpose but to try and anger you. But they're in vain-- you aren't going to fall for it.

“You're no detectives.. admit it! Prove me wrong and do it again!”
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

VC 3.0.HELL

[7] Not Voting:
clidd, Cthylla, Dannflor, Isis, NorwegianboyEE, Green Crayons, WaltertheDunce10

With 7 still with us, it takes 4 votes to condemn someone to Hell.

The Hell 1 deadline is in: [/color]
(expired on 2020-08-24 16:00:00)
[/b]⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀[/table][/cell]
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 960, Morning Tweet wrote:[2] Isis: NorwegianboyEE, WaltertheDunce10
I think the idea I was floating in my brain of Isis/Norwee/Walter might be wrong for a few reasons but one of them is that this would be really weird
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:01 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Scum was probably willingly putting Haya in there would be my guess. Walter might be off-wagon scum but not entirely sure if that’s the case.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Dannflor »

I keep throwing Norwee/Walter together in all my solves and that feels lazy but I am having a hard time imagining that two out of GC/Isis/Cthylla are mafia
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:03 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Isis wanted Clidd. But i TR Clidd.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think for scum it would be hard to fight a wagon on clidd or Hayasaka even if they wanted to?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:06 am

Post by clidd »

I was expecting more reactions to the self-vote. There was a period of silence and an unusual delay, but considering that the time zones are not the same as mine, I don't think I can get an AI conclusion from that.

It's just something I wanted to share.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It’s hard for me to make sense of the events on this day with the current info given. Ironically i almost would have preferred a scum in heaven today because then i’d know what to look for. Now it’s 3v4 and i’m kinda clueless with how everyone seemed ok with voting anyone. I’m thinking the GC/Hectic 1v1 is the most likely TvS conflict here so i’d rather vote in here than just Walter. Walter could be scum with anyone imo, so if they maf i’m still unsure where to look.

- Bunno
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 971, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’m thinking the GC/Hectic 1v1 is the most likely TvS conflict here so i’d rather vote in here than just Walter. Walter could be scum with anyone imo, so if they maf i’m still unsure where to look.
on the other hand if we get it wrong today Hayasaka immediately has to make a judgement

which is not the worst thing probably but something to consider
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Hectic what do i get if i vote GC over u today?

- Bunno
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:16 am

Post by clidd »

By the way, I want to thank Hayasaka strongly for performing so well before she left. Her reads and vision of the game were probably the best so far.

I respect her point of view in relation to me, but I don't see myself in the same way. Personally, I see the fact that there are a lot of townreads in my slot as a facilitator, but I don't think that has a bearing on whether I'm a strong player or not.

Considering that I have changed opinions and choices for heaven countless times, my individual game is very inconsistent.

Return to “Completed Open Games”