DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:43 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Sloppy workmanship
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Galron »

Well, I'm curious as to why Titus isn't willing to go Alchemist today, and I know how IRL things can get in the way, so I"m willing to be patient. I"m also curious as to why Bingle is going so hard after me today. That comment about my voting record sucking was odd. I'd like to see that backed up. Vecna said a couple of things that I was thinking about Bingle, but I'm not all in on scum!Bingle. I"m looking at a pool of Alchemist, Adorable and Elsa. I've been looking for DGB's crumbs to Pooky, and I can't find them -- I'm not good at that sort of thing anyway.

Those are my disjointed thoughts at this time.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:48 am

In my first post I said something about there not be a tomorrow.

Then later I mused about being the whole game or something.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:54 am

Titus is a contrarian but if she were scum she'd probably get on board for a quick blast off, seeing her oppose it gives her a bit of town cred.

Bingle is smart and thinking outside the box, it may lead to productive discussions.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:55 am

Adorable and Elsa are sketchy playerslots.

The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:55 am

Post by The Baker »

Vote Count 4.03

Galron (1): Bingle
Alchemist21 (1): DrippingGoofball
Elsa Jay (1): Titus
Bingle (1): Vecna
Not Voting (5): Alchemist21, Froppy, Elsa Jay, Adorable, Galron

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to blast someone!
Day Four ends on Thursday, August 27th at 2:00pm EST in (expired on 2020-08-27 14:00:00)
I'm the mod. Dr Easy Bake is the main Baker. Debbie Doggie Do is the certified taste tester. Darth Baker is your father. Son of a Shepherd is a simpleton, yes?
Croissants for everybody!
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:52 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 3469, Vecna wrote:I disagree with his assertion that he has to be near lock-town here. He found his vote onto TL very easily d2. This couldve also happened because I called out the swap in reads from TL/LC to chkflip and he just wanted to hedge the scumteam bets (either get the chk lynch and a vig, or have by far their strongest player positioned really well for the rest of the game). Maybe TL got a poisoned cookie and that is why he was an easy bus target (and why A50 got scared after to use it again).

snip

-He is not concerned with the possibility of EJ having fooled us at all. He does not bring up the awkward late hammer on LC. He is not concerned with the role shenanigans, the very odd overlap between EJ/chk's role and the weird way EJ navigated these. A scum Bingle would know this slot is town and prefer to have their vote on his side for endgame purposes.

-He seems to just be interested in the current day's lynch, and finding the right arguments that fit to push that lynch through. You can bet your ass that a scum bingle is going to bring up the above argument tomorrow though, and use them to push through EJ then. Why does he not mention this today? Because he needs EJ's vote for a smooth lynch that goes according to plan today.
Snipped a considerable portion of the above post for readability purposes

First of all, my literal 4th post in the thread was that I wanted a TL Flashwagon during the EoD for D1. I didn't vote there because it wasn't really viable, but saying my vote on D2 was anything less than a clear and concerted effort to get what would have to be the strongest member of the scumteam eliminated is pretty laughable. And I didn't need to call attention to TL, because when I came into the thread, he was fairly townread as far as I can remember. (posts 1-3, btw, were a joke directed at you, a claim that was literally a picture of a Billy Goat on a Hill, and a request for catchup information from the people in the thread who I thought I could get an early handle on).

Second, my trajectory here has not been at all unclear. Yes. EJ is in my PoE, and I am suspicious of him. I also think he is townier than Galrond. If Galrond flips town, I will definitely be interested in wagoning EJ in the absense of additional information. I'm not sure why any of that is surprising, when my approach to the day has definitely been "Who are the people who I can comfortably say are town?" In point of fact, my preferred order for elims is Galron -> EJ -> Alch -> You atm, and the things I have been arguing have been why Titus/Froppy/Adorable should be excluded, not why any individual of those should be included. I've even talked about how I think your tin foil theories make you more likely to be town.

Third, the argument for Galron isn't that Galron agreed with your theory, it's that Galron hasn't done anything towny. I can come up with a reason to townread literally everyone in the thread except him. His activity comes in when he's being talked about and when he's at risk. His stances are easy and milquetoast. His votes are garbage-y (yeah, I'm aware you wanted me to back this up, Galron, but I'll get to that in a minute). But the big thing really is that there's no reason to think he's town.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 3479, Vecna wrote:
snip
he never aknowledged it or how bloody obv-town it oughta make me.
If I failed to acknowledge specific calls to interact, I apologize but they probably got lost in the shuffle.

I have, though, on several occasions talked about how I think you're probably just town who is wrong on me, why I don't think it's unreasonable that you're tunneled on me, and that
literally my only reservation wrt your play has been that you defended TL with a pretty weak argument against me when I tried to get him lynched, which I think is the objectively correct play when he had such a powerful scum role.

In post 3461, DrippingGoofball wrote:We know that because the rest of the scum were lame.
The rest of the scum was not lame. I keep referring to TL's role as a 1 shot vig because it is objectively stronger than that. He wasn't one shot. He could make his guess every night. My point in asking those questions is that had he come out and said "Hey guys, if we eliminate the person I guess then I turn into a vig, let's eliminate Alch D2" during D1 then he absolutely would have gotten the chance to double kill. His role was 100% balanced as at least one extra kill for scum. Your role is balanced as at least one extra kill for scum. A50's role is balanced as a risky extra kill for scum every night. That's a boatload of scum power and a boatload of swing.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 3514, DrippingGoofball wrote:When Logicaltits said he targeted Scumchemist21 and the action failed, Scumchemist21, if he weren't scum himself, would have been jumping up and down that he probably found scum.
This isn't what I'm directly responding to in it's entirety, but it is representative.

Alch probably isn't groupscum here.

Alch was defended by LC and TL
, that is true. But that was pro scum regardless of whether Alch was scum or not. First of all, it was a stance they could take and argue about that wasn't directly contributing to hunting for their team member, giving them a chance to blend in to the crowd. Additionally, for as long as Alch remains alive, he's a distraction to the town. He's a point of division that we have to deal with eventually. But he's also a point of division that it doesn't hurt them to leave around. So what if he gets a cop shot off, town has no incentive to listen to him. So what if he tracks scum to the kill? Again, he's completely untrustworthy. Even if he gets his hands on a NK, he's most likely to just shoot DGB for being so tunneled on him (which, coincidentally, is probably why DGB herself has never been killed despite being a confirmed town slot for like 4 days now).

LC claimed an action that he probably didn't take against Alch
. This is true. If Alch/LC is S/S, LC has no reason to track him, ever. If Alch is 3p as claimed, LC gets no information from targeting him. So instead, we examine why LC would lie:

Either, A) LC wanted to set up a 1v1 between him and Alch, which would be a low risk/low reward gambit (Towncred from the bus when he was already fairly universally townread and the eliminations were unlikely to fall on the less vulnerable scummate) OR B) They wanted a big fight to throw up a smokescreen in the thread. Their approach to Alch definitely suggests the latter to me, because the massive defense of Alch from TLich doesn't suggest to me that scum wanted Alch to flip for cred. The gambit for cred explanation doesn't really make sense with the game state of two scum pushing against the Alch lynch, because while the scum with the better thread position would get towncred, it would
virtually seal the fate of the scum with the stronger role

I'm not saying Alch is conftown, or even that we should go out of our way to make him win (he almost certainly doesn't). What I am saying is that we should stay the course and ignore his slot in light of others who are more likely scum. If we still have a targeting role after we flip another scum and the game isn't over, we can determine whether offering him the joint win is viable. If we can, that'd be awesome. If we can't, oh well. But dealing with Alch today is not a priority.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Bingle »

Spoiler: Representative Galron Votes
In post 3364, Galron wrote:VOTE: Adorable
In post 3282, Galron wrote:VOTE: Froppy

E-1
In post 3288, Galron wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 2961, Galron wrote:VOTE: TLich
In post 2934, Galron wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 2891, Galron wrote:VOTE: TLich
In post 2832, Galron wrote:I'm back here.

VOTE: Elsa

In post 2506, Galron wrote:
In post 2503, Logicalicaltist wrote:Also isn’t Thun 1 Vote away from hammer.
If so I’d like to say the following:
Anyone who Quick hammers Thun is scum claiming.
VOTE: thun

Note the pattern: Easy naked votes with little to no reasoning cast when the thread consensus is clear. Slinky unvotes at possibly the most scum beneficial times (he's got a particularly waffly unvote in light of TL's claim, and then a naked hammer when it became clear that TL was dying anyway). He came into the thread voting heavily suspected Adorable today with no reasoning, despite the way the EoD played out and the way Adorable can potentially selfconfirm. If you need further explanation of why these votes are bad, feel free to let me know, but I think they speak for themselves in the absence of having said anything in the first place.
Last edited by The Baker on Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Bingle »

Dammit, nested spoiler tags.

@mod: if you get a chance and are willing, could you delete the spoiler tags in the quote of post 2832? That should fix the formatting.

Last one, I swear.

I should damn well be obvtown here, Vecna, and you actually brought up the best reasoning for it. I as scum KNOW my best route to victory, and I follow that route. That's not the case with what happened in the thread here. If I were scum, pooky would never have died last night. First of all, both pooky and DGB were firmly on my side yesterday. Second, I knew, just as well as you, that Adorable would be untouchable today and that me letting Adorable be eliminated would be a scumclaim. The eliminatable pool contained- from a theoretical scum me perspective- Galron, Alch, EJ, you, Froppy, and pooky, roughly in that order of difficulty to push the wagon (and the first 4 would not have been hard at all, as I could have just sat back and let someone else do the work for me), so all of those would be untouchable. pooky would be the designated winning elimination, because his continued survival would make it easier and easier to question why he'd still be alive. Adorable would have been the obvious nightkill, you were the only unclaimed slot, and Titus was the locktown most likely to turn against me, so given the choice I would have been shooting in the three of them. Probably Adorable to prevent the vig shot the next night (it only would have been outside of the Adorable slot if I thought there was a significant chance of a town protective role existing AND targeting Adorable, which I will not comment on whether I think is true or not for obvious reasons).

tl;dr- Yes, if scum I am in a great position to roll over the town in this game. Yes, if scum I'm a huge danger. If I actually had been scum, I would have easily been able to be in a MUCH better position to roll over this game AND I would definitely have been aware of how to do it. I 100% would have gone down the route that would functionally guarantee me a ROFLstomp over the route that would be less reliable.
Froppy
Froppy
Goon
Froppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Froppy »

So two thoughts come to mind, would Galron go for pooky and why? Why is pooky in your scum pool but not DGB?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Bingle »

Pooky would definitely be a contender for being able to get him killed from a scum me perspective. I was his second most outspoken defender, and DGB would need to die at some point before F3 anyway. Pooky flip cleared DGB, but DGB flip wouldn't necessarily clear Pooky. Note: I attempted to remedy this yesterday, but pooky didn't cooperate and I didn't push the matter. Further, if they actually were masons as I contended yesterday, I would have had more than enough time to change course as needed because the PoE pool wasn't tight enough to need every elimination for a potential scum player.

My best guess for why Pooky was killed was because I've been pushing the thought that pooky and DGB were actually masons for a while now and scum bought into it. I'm not sure who would be most inclined to fall for that, hence why I haven't been pushing anyone on that point. I think Vecna would be less likely than average to fall for that bait, but the salient point for that post is that I would have no reason to go for the route that scum me would have to have taken to get to this point.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Vecna »

I mean, given how I had exactly the type of role pooky had in Saw.......it was the most obvious thing in the game that it was a one way street. The negative utility and pooky not actually knowing it was DGB was lost on me though.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:38 pm

In post 3534, Bingle wrote:(which, coincidentally, is probably why DGB herself has never been killed despite being a confirmed town slot for like 4 days now).
There were always bigger roles to NK.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:45 pm

Alright if you don't want to lynch scumchemist I'm willing to sacrifice Titus.

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Why not Galron? Why do you town read him so much?

Besides, Alch still copped Titus.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Galron »

I'll pick up the game tomorrow, but I'm glad that popped up. I forgot about this:

Spoiler:
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:19 pm

In post 3542, Elsa Jay wrote:Why not Galron? Why do you town read him so much?

Besides, Alch still copped Titus.
I think Alch is lying scum so there's that small inconvenience.

Iecerint did NOT give him a cop ability.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:20 pm

In post 3542, Elsa Jay wrote:Why not Galron?
Is there a
convincing
case I might have missed?

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Well like Bingle said, he never found a reason to town read him. Neither have I. With everyone elsa I can at least see something to make them townie. Even Alch has been more townie.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:32 pm

If we're going to use this logic I never found a reason to townread
you

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Bunch of rotating fakeclaims... you're pretty sketchy.

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 3548, DrippingGoofball wrote:Bunch of rotating fakeclaims... you're pretty sketchy.
That's my gimmick tho. And I did finally true claim. So.p

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”