Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm honestly pretty ambivalent towards a Jake elimination. I think it gives info and definitely isn't the worst choice

I'm slightly skeeved by the fact that no real counter wagon has sprung up this entire game

But that might be bad logic considering we only have 2 man scum teams instead of one 4 man scum team
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Yeah that's probably a bad reason to town read Jake off of.

Penguin, is that what you were thinking when you commented on Jake being the only major wagon this game?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Woohoo, I’m glad my Danntell is correct this time.
<(") | (")>
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 1277, Dannflor wrote:I'm honestly pretty ambivalent towards a Jake elimination. I think it gives info and definitely isn't the worst choice

I'm slightly skeeved by the fact that no real counter wagon has sprung up this entire game

But that might be bad logic considering we only have 2 man scum teams instead of one 4 man scum team
"There appears to have been one rising vote magnet: Marashu. I wouldn't call them the counter to myself, but it is interesting to see how they reached 3 votes from execution."
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1278, Dannflor wrote:Penguin, is that what you were thinking when you commented on Jake being the only major wagon this game?
Yep. Still think that a partner would be doing some sort of subtle deflection especially given its mutliball.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1280, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1277, Dannflor wrote:I'm honestly pretty ambivalent towards a Jake elimination. I think it gives info and definitely isn't the worst choice

"There appears to have been one rising vote magnet: Marashu. I wouldn't call them the counter to myself, but it is interesting to see how they reached 3 votes from execution."
That’s explicitly what a counterwagon is.
<(") | (")>
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1281, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1278, Dannflor wrote:Penguin, is that what you were thinking when you commented on Jake being the only major wagon this game?
Yep. Still think that a partner would be doing some sort of subtle deflection especially given its mutliball.
Subtle deflection maybe, although I think it's somewhat difficult for a two man scum team to successfully drive up a counter wagon on their own in a game of this size.

I suppose Jake gets some points for his low survivalism. His vote only came out very recently and on Hiraki.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Do you have thoughts on Marashu?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Bell »

Is hiraki a low survivalism vote?
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:41 pm

In post 1284, Dannflor wrote:

Do you have thoughts on Marashu?
"I haven't gone through their transcript yet, I only have a few hairs of an idea about them, but nothing more."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1285, Bell wrote:Is hiraki a low survivalism vote?
It came out when Hiraki had 0 votes on him.

Granted Hiraki is probably more possible as a last minute flash wagon than other options
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1283, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1281, PenguinPower wrote:
Subtle deflection maybe, although I think it's somewhat difficult for a two man scum team to successfully drive up a counter wagon on their own in a game of this size.

I suppose Jake gets some points for his low survivalism. His vote only came out very recently and on Hiraki.
Mass vanity wagons isn’t indicative of subtle deflection (or any deflection) attempt.

Also - depends who is on that two man scum team.
<(") | (")>
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1184, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1181, Hiraki wrote:I've started to do this on purpose because it's harder to draw out fake reads when you do this. You actually have to read the game. Might be inconvenient but it works.
Imagine the hell someone goes through when they want to ISO you on -say- D4 though. Imagine how someone who replaces in on D3/D4 feels.
Good, they're going to read the game now and understand the context. Many people don't do that.

Should I be sorry that a replacement has to
read
the game?
In post 1244, Menalque wrote:what is secrit to play gud and have gud reads?
don't be a baby
In post 1245, teacher wrote:A. Lynch all liars.
ayyyyyy

1274 - only response. why can't we agree to disagree? why do you have to be so annoyed that i won't agree with you on one read to post that slab? i don't care if you don't think my reads haven't "evolved" - i just want to know why you think it's a problem that i scumread someone and the other person gets frustrated because i'm doing so, so now i should go ahead and change MY read because they've tried so hard by moaning and groaning and degrading into memery for me to do something other than change my views?
In post 1285, Bell wrote:Is hiraki a low survivalism vote?
yes, my soul was in danger of being part of wolfie's collection...yikes
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:30 pm

In post 1289, Hiraki wrote:...1274 - only response. why can't we agree to disagree? why do you have to be so annoyed that i won't agree with you on one read to post that slab? i don't care if you don't think my reads haven't "evolved" - i just want to know why you think it's a problem that i scumread someone and the other person gets frustrated because i'm doing so, so now i should go ahead and change MY read because they've tried so hard by moaning and groaning and degrading into memery for me to do something other than change my views?...
"It seems that Mr. Flour was asking for your re-evaluation, not for your conformity. The difference is in a re-evaluation, you may get the same result, where in the conformity, there will be a different result."
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Hiraki »

so wise
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by dramonic »

@1274
Counterpoint: Menalque just put Jake solidly in their scumpool but has called Jake slot town all game.

Saying I'm not reevaluating is inaccurate. "yep, still scum" is a reevaluation ya rude muffin.

I might take the time to dismantle the wall, but it feels like a lot of wasted energy.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by dramonic »

I don't think the tantrum is alignment indicative. I think it shows [REDACTED]
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1292, dramonic wrote:Counterpoint: Menalque just put Jake solidly in their scumpool but has called Jake slot town all game
Could you do a quick review of the “all game” for me?
<(") | (")>
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 863, Menalque wrote:I think Jake is town because I kind of doubt that scum enters the game as the top wagon and thinks “yes, I shall now commit hard to speaking in a gimmick voice for the rest of the game!”
In post 1025, Menalque wrote:
In post 1023, Dannflor wrote:Has your read on Jake's slot evolved at all since TH replaced out?
I think that his entrance is prob +town?

Idk I think bell was going back and forth with me on this, but I’m somewhat doubtful that Jake reps in as top wagon and thinks “yes, this is an optimal game for me to do my gimmick in!” As opposed to doing tryhardy posting

Flip side, despite being committed to the gimmick he has been kinda tryhardy

Mostly a big fat idk. I think you had a point that I don’t have town!meta on haven to make a comparison to, but she just felt townie and I like, hate the pressure on that slot apart from testa (And tbh testa’s vote there coupled with low activity is the main reason testa isn’t in my top tier of TRs)
In post 1052, Menalque wrote:
In post 1048, Dannflor wrote:I mean if we're talking about flipping for info I'm somewhat interested in Jake given that slot has been the top wagon all day
Okay but counterpoint

I think hiraki will flip scum and I don’t think Jake will

Like hiraki is the most productive slot to flip who I actively think will flip scum
In post 564, Menalque wrote:Dann, teacher
Umlaut, testa, dram
Triple, marashu
A50
Gypx, dunn
Gamma
Hiraki
In post 626, Menalque wrote:
In post 623, Dannflor wrote:Menalque, could you elaborate on your town read on TripleHaven? Is there more to it than meta?
Not really, and I didn’t love her recent posts but overall she reminds me significantly of last game with the key exception being a lack of paranoia of me. I’m putting that down to my being town last game tho and then playing the same here, so I think it makes sense she’d be less concerned
In post 628, Menalque wrote:
In post 453, TripleHaven wrote:ya'll starting scumreading me from my first post and your guys reasoning for voting me hasn't evolved since like page 10
In post 463, TripleHaven wrote:ok, TO BE FAIR- most of my games are turbos (16 minute/8 minute) games and nobody takes them seriously.
In post 465, TripleHaven wrote:i'm assuming thats why you found me useless in my recent games
I think this is fine
sorry these are not in order.
also I'm not gonna start looking for "th" in Menalque's iso, cuz I don't have 20 hours to skip over every instance of "the"
I'm a hoot
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 686, Testarossa wrote:@Gamma:
Sorry, if I just missed it while catching up, what is your take on Dann and teacher, if you are town on Hiraki? Or are you only wary about Mena on those, that are pushing him?
Teacher is a townread
Dann is eh
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Thx. Order is somewhat important, but only relative to Mena’s comments and vote. I’ll review more in depth in the morning, but it’s not really damning on first glance give context.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1296, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 686, Testarossa wrote:@Gamma:
Sorry, if I just missed it while catching up, what is your take on Dann and teacher, if you are town on Hiraki? Or are you only wary about Mena on those, that are pushing him?
Teacher is a townread
Dann is eh
Obligatory...why?
<(") | (")>
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1289, Hiraki wrote:1274 - only response. why can't we agree to disagree? why do you have to be so annoyed that i won't agree with you on one read to post that slab? i don't care if you don't think my reads haven't "evolved" - i just want to know why you think it's a problem that i scumread someone and the other person gets frustrated because i'm doing so, so now i should go ahead and change MY read because they've tried so hard by moaning and groaning and degrading into memery for me to do something other than change my views?
I'm not necessarily asking you to change your read, just like, maybe engage Menalque with more of an open mind?

To be honest, Dramonic more of who I was addressing, as I think you have at least been trying to get reads on other slots in the meantime, while Dramonic has been tunneled for a good 50 pages.

Return to “Completed Open Games”