Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

In post 2013, BananaCucho wrote:I think I already quoted this post before, it seems familiar, but I'm re-reading the whole game in sequence and it stuck out a 2nd time to me
In post 339, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Town: banana,
nor
joey
, possibly
SS

Scummy:
jackel
redtea
starbuck

I keep vacillating on where to put
androgybee

Everyone else: I don't know
Both Porkens and Radical Rat/Bell are literally no where to be found in the reads list here

I think I my lunch order this is this:

Jackel >> DD >> Starbuck/Redtea (no fucking idea really between these 2) >> Catboi
I mean they were both lurkers who were all but absent
Like I'm not sure what you expect at that stage of the game
Bell wasn't even there yet iirc

And i'm p impressed with myself that my townreads were 4/4 there, I really just need to trust myself more
(assuming you're town, of course)

Why exactly are we lower than the star/red tier ???

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:43 pm

In post 2015, BananaCucho wrote:Though maybe they just knew that mafia wanted corruption to survive
Good point
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:44 pm

In post 2017, catboi wrote:porkens repeatedly referred to jackel as "flipbait" but I don't think it's past him to shield a partner that way and hope people out-wifom themselves as thinking it as whiteknighting.
I think that porkens has a p surface level scumgame, like what you see is what you get
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 2025, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 2013, BananaCucho wrote:I think I already quoted this post before, it seems familiar, but I'm re-reading the whole game in sequence and it stuck out a 2nd time to me
In post 339, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Town: banana,
nor
joey
, possibly
SS

Scummy:
jackel
redtea
starbuck

I keep vacillating on where to put
androgybee

Everyone else: I don't know
Both Porkens and Radical Rat/Bell are literally no where to be found in the reads list here

I think I my lunch order this is this:

Jackel >> DD >> Starbuck/Redtea (no fucking idea really between these 2) >> Catboi
I mean they were both lurkers who were all but absent
Like I'm not sure what you expect at that stage of the game
Bell wasn't even there yet iirc

And i'm p impressed with myself that my townreads were 4/4 there, I really just need to trust myself more
(assuming you're town, of course)

Why exactly are we lower than the star/red tier ???

- Dumber
Circumstances
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

It's easy to be 4/4 on town reads if you know who is mefia :shifty:
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:20 pm

Nah, I'm just that good
(sometimes)

But really tho can you elaborate on why we're lower than star/red beyond just 'circumstances'?
What part of my star push do you find unconvincing?

- Dumber
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

I feel that of the two of you, you are more likely to be aligned with Bell and Porkens than Starbuck is
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

Qith Red, idk I gotta look into that one more tbh.
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:57 pm

OK, because ...

- Dumber
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 2033, Dumb and Dumber wrote:OK, because ...

- Dumber
I mean I'm rereading the game and already spilling out all my thoughts by spamming the thread
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1991, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Obviously a massclaim helps scum, but it also helps town (and more), and more when you're in pre-Lylo. This is not some cunning trick I was trying to manipulate town into falling for, it's established that mass-claims on the day before LyLo are good.
At 2 corruption you're more likely to be given corruption and killed than be NK'd.
And when I said this, IIRC I didn't know that his using a power would lead to more corruption. I explicitly said a few posts after that not to use his power if he would die as a result.

Whose voting record is impressive? Most were townreading Bell. We were on Porkens a lot. If Starbuck's scum, our voting record for D2 would be stellar :P

-Dumbass
Point 1:
ELo-1
or
on ELo is fine, yes? You weren't keeping us from missing the window of opportunity, or something. No town points.

Point 2:
is where D&D says banana should use the ability.
Banana says he'll use it. Reveals, "I am gonna hurt myself, and extend the day 24 hours. That means 1 more corruption and oops! I'll have 3"
D&D quotes only "There is another side effect that's pretty cool. Does anyone wanna guess?" from #982, and says not to do it if it means banana will die.

D&D, you're not saying here, "don't raise yourself to 2 corruption, because if you're given a third overnight you'll die", a concern banana explicitly stated in the same post you quoted. You're saying, "if the side effect is you dying, don't do it".
Which 1) makes no sense, considering what he
just said
in the
same post
you had quoted (but you did not quote that part)
and 2) demonstrates that you were not concerned about him being at 2 corruption. The concern was about an insta-death side effect. Concern anyone can easily fake.
*Old account here
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

Redtea can you share your lunch order
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

Btw, today one of the following players should hammer:

catboi, jackel, or DD

If we are wrong, Redtea then has 3 choices to heal corruption and WIFOM the hella outta scum. Me, Starbuck, and whoever hammers. Scum is basically forced to kill Redtea (which does my work for me and solves that slot) or risk the chance of letting Redtea confirming themselves

If one of those players already have corruption, even better. Remove themselves from hammer pool

I think anyone who
has
corruption should claim it today for that reason, but not how much they have
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:29 pm

P1:
No, on ELo is not fine. Especially in a game where scum may have additional instantial kill power.

P2:
a. Still stands that at 979 we did not know about Corruption.
b. I wasn't keeping track of how much Corruption he had.
c. Why does it not make sense to independently ask someone not to use an ability if the side effect means they die?
d. So I can "easily fake" concern about insta-death side effects, but it's much more difficult to fake concern about 1 extra Corruption?
e. And your final argument is that we did not display enough concern about his getting 1 extra Corruption, and that's scummy? OK - were you concerned? Was anyone concerned?

-Dumbass
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:32 pm

In post 2037, BananaCucho wrote:Redtea then has 3 choices to heal corruption
We should be stacking the heals on someone scummy, yes? And they shouldn't be healing anyone.

-Dumbass
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 2039, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
We should be stacking the heals on someone scummy, yes? And they shouldn't be healing anyone.

-Dumbass
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by catboi »

I'd rather just have redtea heal dumb and dumber again if the game doesn't end today and assume they're town if they tank 3 heals given we already had an ascetic redirector flip. Bit of a gamble, but eh.

still looking over starbuck in isolation to get a look at interactions there but I'm being lazy ฅ( ͒ᵕ̳ωᵕ̳ ͒)。o○
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 2041, catboi wrote:I'd rather just have redtea heal dumb and dumber again if the game doesn't end today and assume they're town if they tank 3 heals given we already had an ascetic redirector flip. Bit of a gamble, but eh.

still looking over starbuck in isolation to get a look at interactions there but I'm being lazy ฅ( ͒ᵕ̳ωᵕ̳ ͒)。o○
I don't think it can be 100% sure because we don't know if kill happens before heal

...actually is that a thing here? On my home site order of operations is important
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 2039, Dumb and Dumber wrote:

-Dumbass
I'll respond to your other stuff in a sec but there's literally no way I'm gonna be able to stack heals on anyone. If I don't die tonight (NK) I'll die tomorrow night (corruption). Norwe and I took a chance on you, so if you're maf I can kill you tonight.

Are you confused there banana? "Heals" is detrimental for mafia. Or are you thinking there's a way for the remaining mafia to gain corruption tonight?
Also
"If you would die to a critical level of Corruption at the end of the night phase, you die. If you would have died at some point during the night, but later actions made it so you should no longer die, you don't die."
That only applies during night though. During the day reaching a critical level of corruption is instant death.

I don't think D&D should be allowed to hammer.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by redtea »

*stack heals on anyone other than you, who've we already stacked 2 on
*Old account here
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

No it makes more sense now. The "stacking heals" is what threw me off
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by redtea »

gotcha
*Old account here
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

Ok so lets do that then. If DD lives, its very likely they are town. Like very very very likely to survive 3 heals right?

Redtea whats your lunch order for today?
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by redtea »

Right
Off the top of my head...

I'd be willing to kill off D&D today. I'd be willing to wait to possibly kill them tonight, too.
your #2019 is really fuckin insightful, and I'm even more down with a Jackel elimination. If nothing else, we can shrink the pool.
The thing about Starbuck is her posts seem a few hairs shy of the quality I saw when looking through her town games, but nooot quite as nothing-loaded as her maf games. Considering IRL complications, I think her play may be a gimped town one.
I'll come back to this, because I have a bit of a theory, thanks to your #2019. Nothing amazing, but maybe worth saying.

banana/catboi are in the safezone. I had mixed feelings about catboi's play yesterday but, so far today, I think I'm fine with him living if only out of policy.
So, most to least:
D&D == Jackel > Starbuck
(lunch order is hilarious btw)

Oh yeah, and I meant to respond to your earlier post
My concern with you gaining corruption back then was specifically because you'd asked for it, and what asking for corruption sounds like thematically speaking (though I don't think I said anything about the latter).
That kind of theme-alignment connection has actually been on the money so far, but as has been established, a confirmed stump being mafia is really pretty out there. 'specially when combined with a day extension ability.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 2038, Dumb and Dumber wrote:P1:
No, on ELo is not fine. Especially in a game where scum may have additional instantial kill power.

P2:
a. Still stands that at 979 we did not know about Corruption.
b. I wasn't keeping track of how much Corruption he had.
c. Why does it not make sense to independently ask someone not to use an ability if the side effect means they die?
d. So I can "easily fake" concern about insta-death side effects, but it's much more difficult to fake concern about 1 extra Corruption?
e. And your final argument is that we did not display enough concern about his getting 1 extra Corruption, and that's scummy? OK - were you concerned? Was anyone concerned?

-Dumbass
I don't think you're right on that, but I'll let others chime in.
@EVERYONE
, is it specifically pre-Elo when massclaims are encouraged? Is it not either/or?

I want to point out that no one thought maf had two
instant
kill powers. We thought it was either a conglomeration of events we didn't have the whole picture of, or a misguided vig. Pretty sure it was the possibility of the latter that convinced people to begin claiming

a) I'm aware. I included it because it was relevant.
b) Regardless of how much corruption you knew he had, it's clear that corruption wasn't your concern. And you had to know he at least had one.
c) It doesn't make sense because what would be the point of an ability giving you corruption if the additional side effect is that you
die
? Tell me how that makes sense.
d) Yes, it does take a bit more to interact with the part about corruption, because
> 1) it takes more thinking and active concern about the state of town's corruption
> 2) it's beneficial to maf for people to gain it, so it's riskier to discourage the use abilities if the cost is gaining corruption
> 3) besides, corruption-related concern has been faked , yours can too.
>> 3a) the difference between banana's #982 and his #1075 (quoted in Bell's post above) is that the former is banana putting it out there that he's at risk and the latter is an obvious logical error. Bell loses nothing by pointing it out, because
someone
was going to, anyway. (Someone, possibly me, I think expanded on why it was faulty.)
e) Norwe did. Granted, he could do something about it. I didn't say anything about it because I could also do something about it.

Alright, I gotta admit I feel a bit like a dog who's a little too happy having found a new chew toy. I actually think I could totally eliminate Jackel today, and if she's not scum I can come back to this, because:
Looking over the role PMs, Bell started with 2 corruption (with a 2-shot method to get more) and Porkens started with 3.
Their makeup, according to what we know, is 2/3/?. ? could be 3, 4, even 5.

and on the other hand, in the end, 2/3/3 is most likely, and there's no reason for me to go on and on about D&D if they can be established as townier just by being alive tomorrow.
I know Jackel's had some IRL stuff going on, but outside of that she fell back to the background after having to be pushed to be active before (her posts during then temporarily changed my stance on her).
So like. Why not.
Why not really.
*Old account here

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”