Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2900 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:05 am

Post by hellbooks »

what do yall make of testa posting three paragraphs about andres and then finishing it by saying "but aldus might be our best shot today"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2900, hellbooks wrote:what do yall make of testa posting three paragraphs about andres and then finishing it by saying "but aldus might be our best shot today"
I think odds are good one of them is scum and pocketing tbh. Or they could both be and are gambling on a hard wall to get to LyLo.

I'm not a fan of either's wall of info approach. It's exactly what I do as scum when I get in trouble. There's always a bias that more words and links = town. It's why there are entire YouTube channels dedicated to 5G as the cause of the coronavirus
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:09 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 2901, VP Baltar wrote:I'm not a fan of either's wall of info approach. It's exactly what I do as scum when I get in trouble.
yup
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:20 am

Post by Andresvmb »

If you don’t like reading too much, maybe not play forum Mafia. Try video chat mafia instead.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:24 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2898, hellbooks wrote:
In post 2884, Testarossa wrote:Considering I am now down to a poe of Aldus, Andres, NPOM and Koba the current situation is a bit curious. It can't be that easy with finding the townie in them with literally three of these piling up on Andres?
I think if andres is scum it makes sense he's getting bussed
I’m not getting bussed. I find it really difficult to believe that you all can’t read all of the Towniness radiating from my posts.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2903, Andresvmb wrote:If you don’t like reading too much, maybe not play forum Mafia. Try video chat mafia instead.
It's not about reading too much. It's a false sense of authority.

I actually go through all your posts and click on every link. Sometimes the link feels appropriate, but other times it just feels like you're padding to make a point stronger than it is.

If you're town, I get not wanting to be yeeted here. But making silly points like scum have both a role cop and a PT cop isn't helping your cause.
YOUR AD HERE

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:28 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2901, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2900, hellbooks wrote:what do yall make of testa posting three paragraphs about andres and then finishing it by saying "but aldus might be our best shot today"
I think odds are good one of them is scum and pocketing tbh. Or they could both be and are gambling on a hard wall to get to LyLo.

I'm not a fan of either's wall of info approach. It's exactly what I do as scum when I get in trouble. There's always a bias that more words and links = town. It's why there are entire YouTube channels dedicated to 5G as the cause of the coronavirus
This btw is a lesson on how not to play Town. I’m not saying that Town always need to be super detailed or provide large cases, because that’s tedious. But so far, the most I’ve seen for an explanation against me is that I’m either desperate, or writing too much, which makes me Scum.

I am not trying to build some wall to get to ELo by hard Town Reading a Partner. I’m giving you my honest assessment of the slots that are clearly in the POE.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2905, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2903, Andresvmb wrote:If you don’t like reading too much, maybe not play forum Mafia. Try video chat mafia instead.
It's not about reading too much. It's a false sense of authority.

I actually go through all your posts and click on every link. Sometimes the link feels appropriate, but other times it just feels like you're padding to make a point stronger than it is.

If you're town, I get not wanting to be yeeted here. But making silly points like scum have both a role cop and a PT cop isn't helping your cause.
Whatever VPB if you’re just going to argue nonsense then just vote me. As if the only reason to suspect you was game balance related. Not that you were Tracked to a death, or tunneled two Town slots.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Or I should say, one Town slot in Bob, with a gradual declining line of suspicion for Billy. To be precise.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2908, Andresvmb wrote:Or I should say, one Town slot in Bob, with a gradual declining line of suspicion for Billy. To be precise.
Yes, let's be precise.

Remember when you said on D1 I was pushing Billy because I somehow knew he was a mason tracker from my scum buddy role cop who couldn't have taken an action yet.

Precision.

There is literally no world where I'm not going to question you or other players who fit the PoE, so you may as well save the histrionics about "why don't you just vote me then".
YOUR AD HERE

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I never said that you were pushing Billy D1 for that reason. Like, that’s blatantly false. It’s also for anyone to read.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Andresvmb »

The post is .
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Andresvmb »

What I said, and frankly somebody should check it because I haven’t had time, is whether there was any meaningful change in VPB’s stance towards Billy between D1 and D2. I believe this has been brought up before by Bob or Datisi I forget. And from what I recall, VPB did soften his stance against Billy towards the end of D1, and not dramatically between D1 and D2. Which could be because Billy was never getting executed, and so VPB relented (and probably more so after the Scum figured out he was the Tracker), or it was a natural progression. That was the only reason I brought that up.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2712, Andresvmb wrote:Yes, you’re right that you downplayed your SR of Billy as the game progressed. That’s easily observable. But how much is related to the fact that Billy was identified as the Tracker I don’t know. And just think about that for a minute. Why am I loudly involving Billy as the Scum before the end of D2 if I know the slot is the Tracker and is not going to flip? What incentive do I have to do that? Make myself look even worse?
LITERALLY THE POST YOU LINK TO

You shade me by rhetorically asking how much me backing off Billy is related to him being IDed by scum.

I backed off day 1 as I read his play, so the answer is clealy that a hypothetical scum cop would have had nothing to do with it. Why are you now trying to pretend like that isn't what you're implying???

This is what I'm saying about your posting. You're making trash points but pretending like because you are linking to stuff it is credible.
YOUR AD HERE

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Andresvmb »

And you’re not questioning the people on the POE. You’re generating excuses for why I’m a reasonable vote and trying to subtly convince other players to vote me. So instead of doing it that way, just do it yourself. You have yet to argue any reason as to why I might be Town from what I can tell. I wonder why that is.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Ah, I’m making trash points. You just accused me of literally saying - you knew Billy was Tracker D1, so you backed off D1. Which again, is absurd, and not what I said.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Anyway, I won’t defend myself anymore. I have tried as best as I can to explain why I have some of the paranoia that I do. My vote is in a reasonable slot, and I wouldn’t gamble the game on VPB because of the confirmed PR claim. I have also attempted to pay attention to what some of our fellow dead Townies have been arguing, and I have pointed to some of the tactics that NPOM used against me, which he also used against Bob.

I think the wagon composition, and the players that are collectively arguing against my slot, should give all of you pause. If that doesn’t do it, then I have also linked to games where you can see how I approach Town. I’m flawed, make a lot of mistakes, and can be chaotic. But I try to stay as reasonable as I can.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

andres wrote:Yes, you’re right that you
You = me, VP
andres wrote:downplayed your SR of Billy as the game progressed. That’s easily observable.
which happened D1
andres wrote:
But how much is related to the fact that Billy was identified as the Tracker
andres wrote:I don’t know.
definitely not sure. Just throwing it out there guys!
YOUR AD HERE

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I know you’re not thinking about it now, but you should consider how you’re going to look when I flip Town. Just a thought.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Look, if I was certain you were scum, I'd be voting you. I'm not. So that clearly says something.

I just don't get why you're trying to smear me, but then being like Tess is obv town. I'm actually trying to see things from your perspective if you're town and you aren't making that easy when you're using things like an early early game push on Billy to say I'm scummy, but saying you're townie because you were pushing him much later in the game.
YOUR AD HERE

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Andresvmb »

No, I didn’t say that it makes me Towny that I was pushing him later in the game. It’s a more nuanced point.

The Scum knew after N1 that Billy was the Tracker (and a Mason, most likely). Right? They must have, because otherwise they would have shot Datisi, who came out with the Track result on you. The point that was made later is that having this information probably played a role in how Scum players interacted with Billy, and potentially changed their attitudes towards the slot between D1 and D2. You can also guess that the Scum made the decision at some point between N1 and the end of D2 that Billy was the obvious shot (and probably early). Knowing that Billy was the Tracker, and that he needed to be flipped, I am arguing that as Scum, I would have been less likely to either remain belligerent, or generate a SR of the slot D2. Instead, I would have tried to appease Billy. Most likely. Why? Because what I actually did makes me look bad. And if I’m trying to survive as long as I can, having such stances on Town PR slots that have been killed isn’t smart.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Now, the other possibility, and this of course makes the whole argument moot, is that the Scum actually checked Datisi (who was strong Town D1), and knew that he wasn’t the Tracker (despite his claims otherwise), but just a Mason. Which then would have prompted a search for the true Tracker. However, it wouldn’t have prompted any changes in stance towards Billy.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Testarossa »

In post 2882, Datisi wrote:aldus/koba/testa?????????

does that make any lick of sense??????????????

does anything make any fuvking sense in this game?????
Had no time for that earlier. In short: No.

I know I am pedantic with that, just look at my wagon in . By poe I must have been bussed by both partners. Ask yourself the mother of questions: Why?

You got townSnow at E-1, I wasn't widely townread, still was only scumread by hellbooks and janko, still good position for me, if scum. Why flushing this down the toilet? Koba derails Snowagon, starts wagon on me and pushes for it, Aldus and Andres just hop on it, knowing that janko and hell might vote there. Why pushing me into a situation where I seriously would need to claim when there was just a town miselim close with almost all town wagon? (if I would stick to site meta lol)

Can't really argue against it when you pair me up with NPOM besides poor bussing then, otherwise I am not seeing the great scum plan here. Me and Koba are never a team here.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Notice that I carried the position against Billy all the way to the end of D2. By then, the Scum probably knew who the Tracker was, so I still maintain there’s some validity to what I’m saying, but you could never know either way unless you were actually in the Scum Team and having those conversations.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Testarossa »

In post 2906, Andresvmb wrote:... or writing too much, which makes me Scum.
Yeahaha, welcome to this site of this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”