Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Isis »

I mean if you think it's a forged townslip you need to murder it, I still think the slot is scummy. I bought into it. But maybe I shouldn't.

For some reason I feel like 342 is a scummy post if it's not catching scum but I don't feel very able to articulate why.
Probably how it's such a stinging accusation so gently worded?
Which might be a tweet thing and have to do with me scumreading her every game, but it might not have to do with that, what can I do about it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 408, tea leaves wrote:[
: Exactly what I mean in Farren, Morning Tweet! But why don't you just call him out on it instead of mentioning it in this shady way?
I thought it was a very thoughtful, methodical approach to playing the game. But i have no reason to believe Farren only does this as scum.

at the moment (or at least during that post) i was honestly taken back by the deliberateness of his posts. There was part of me that goes "Really, you had all that planned out?" but I dont quite see why scum!Farren would feel the need to over explain his minor interactions.

And im guessing from the way Farren explains in some of his later posts, he has a tendency to play like this (although I havent checked)
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player

Farren
He/Him

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Farren »

In post 371, Morning Tweet wrote:no

I'm pretty sure the error was that there was 3 scum. GL and I both had Farren as our partner. that's why i made the face at farren during my RVS vote (・ω<)
While I had GuiltyLion specifically as mine. And here I was thinking it was a clever ploy of some sort.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:31 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 425, Isis wrote:I mean if you think it's a forged townslip you need to murder it, I still think the slot is scummy. I bought into it. But maybe I shouldn't.

For some reason I feel like 342 is a scummy post if it's not catching scum but I don't feel very able to articulate why.
Which might be a tweet thing and have to do with me scumreading her every game, but it might not have to do with that, what can I do about it.
It's funny how i liked clidd but tea leaves' over emphasis on being a tree + explicitly claiming tree just feels weird to me.

Essentially i could tell they werent a new player, so i wondered if they were going for the newish player townslip approach. Scum has a lot to gain from townslipping a tree claim, town doesnt really have much reason to emphasize it. Tea was like "Hah I didnt think I'd be a tree, but I am that's nice! ... Hah I didnt want to reread but I'm a tree so that's nice!" twoish posts apart

Town doesnt really need to do that other than for WIFOM I guess which is what they claimed to be doing. So idk.

I love your line about gently wording a stinging accusation. describes it perfectly
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:36 am

Post by Isis »

ughhhhhhhhhhhh
tweet can you just get mechcleared in one of my games please
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Isis »

you're complimenting me! I'm attacking you!
"Well, I..."
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 355, tea leaves wrote:Isis resonated some feelings of Treeness when she reacted to my entrance so I like her already because she seemed honestly frustrated at her scumread maybe being wrong. MT asking me about slipping on being a Tree also seemed like a good question
what do you all make of these two townreads then

I guess I can imagine scum faking a townslip and then buddying both their accuser and defender, but it feels like a narrow path to take as scum here

does scum admit that being pressed on their fake townslip is a good question?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:39 am

Post by tea leaves »

Tree is the word I was using for being a townie Tweet! I wasn't claiming my role.
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Farren »

In post 425, Isis wrote:I mean if you think it's a forged townslip you need to murder it, I still think the slot is scummy. I bought into it. But maybe I shouldn't.

I don't think it's a townslip or a forged attempt at a townslip. To me, a townslip is where a Town shows ignorance of something that scum would have to be knowledgeable of.

For example: when I got that scum PM, I noted that this game didn't have daytalk. I'm used to games that have daytalk and had assumed that this game followed suit, so I made a note to myself to "slip" that I thought we had daytalk. Voila - forged townslip. Then I got a Town PM on the second roll, and the plan was wasted.

Here, that's not what happened. tea leaves demonstrated knowledge of the flavor and rules. That's available in the rules post. NAI.
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:40 am

Post by tea leaves »

In post 428, Morning Tweet wrote:Town doesnt really need to do that other than for WIFOM I guess which is what they claimed to be doing. So idk.
No that's not what I was trying to do. I was just claiming I was a townie and Tree is the flavor for townies in this game.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah Farren's right, especially given tea saying that they were trying to claim townie. NAI when it's possible that tea leaves read the setup post as scum.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Isis »

In post 431, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 355, tea leaves wrote:Isis resonated some feelings of Treeness when she reacted to my entrance so I like her already because she seemed honestly frustrated at her scumread maybe being wrong. MT asking me about slipping on being a Tree also seemed like a good question
what do you all make of these two townreads then

I guess I can imagine scum faking a townslip and then buddying both their accuser and defender, but it feels like a narrow path to take as scum here

does scum admit that being pressed on their fake townslip is a good question?
as a life principle when someone validates my reason for scumreading them I say "thanks for the help". It's too often the case that doing the to placate is easier than refutation.

in specific circumstances I would find validating a scumread reason unlikely but I don't see anything in this situation that makes me want to move away from my rule of thumb
"Well, I..."
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:44 am

Post by Farren »

In post 426, Morning Tweet wrote:I thought it was a very thoughtful, methodical approach to playing the game. But i have no reason to believe Farren only does this as scum.

at the moment (or at least during that post) i was honestly taken back by the deliberateness of his posts. There was part of me that goes "Really, you had all that planned out?" but I dont quite see why scum!Farren would feel the need to over explain his minor interactions.

And im guessing from the way Farren explains in some of his later posts, he has a tendency to play like this (although I havent checked)
Correct. There's usually a point in the game where I shift styles. If I become conftown, that tends to trigger it. But my ability to deliberately switch it is one-way only; I can deliberately try to play more mechanically and methodically, but I can't deliberately shift in the other direction. It just happens at some point.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Isis wrote:you're complimenting me! I'm attacking you!
im the kind of player who will apologize for playing bad if other ppl are pushing me
tea leaves wrote:
In post 428, Morning Tweet wrote:Town doesnt really need to do that other than for WIFOM I guess which is what they claimed to be doing. So idk.
No that's not what I was trying to do. I was just claiming I was a townie and Tree is the flavor for townies in this game.
Orly

hmmmm
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Isis »

In post 435, GuiltyLion wrote:yeah Farren's right, especially given tea saying that they were trying to claim townie. NAI when it's possible that tea leaves read the setup post as scum.
it's actually the weighted average of 0*(chance they read the setup) and 100*(chance they didn't read the setup) unless the scum role PM or scum PT is pretty explicit about the weird sample role PM where you are a tree and not a person
people don't always read the setup so that might be better than the dumb stuff I go on to try to use to read everyone later this game
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Isis »

In post 437, Farren wrote:
In post 426, Morning Tweet wrote:I thought it was a very thoughtful, methodical approach to playing the game. But i have no reason to believe Farren only does this as scum.

Correct. There's usually a point in the game where I shift styles. If I become conftown, that tends to trigger it. But my ability to deliberately switch it is one-way only; I can deliberately try to play more mechanically and methodically, but I can't deliberately shift in the other direction. It just happens at some point.
you're not going to be my font of memes for this game, are you?
"Well, I..."
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:51 am

Post by tea leaves »

What happens when you become conftown Farren? Do you change your avi to a cat one?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:51 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 386, Isis wrote:
In post 369, GuiltyLion wrote:- I had some reservations about Menalque/Isis slot but I think that read on it makes sense
Can you tell me why you were scumreading my slot so that even if you townread me and burn me from here out I'm sure to make you play on hard mode
I've townread Menalque both times I played against him as scum in the past, soooo I don't have a great track record with reading him. and I was a little uneasy whether scum was scumreading clidd slot with me.

I also think it's kinda wonky that Menalque made a bunch of noise about clidd but wound up townreading him, then you come in and immediately reverse course and go back to pushing him, meanwhile both of you indicated suspicion of Farren but no real action there
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 388, Isis wrote:GL I'm not finding where ydrasse talked about her read, is the pop-in being complained about several pages ago?
page 12, posts and
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Farren »

In post 442, GuiltyLion wrote:I've townread Menalque both times I played against him as scum in the past, soooo I don't have a great track record with reading him. and I was a little uneasy whether scum was scumreading clidd slot with me.

I also think it's kinda wonky that Menalque made a bunch of noise about clidd but wound up townreading him, then you come in and immediately reverse course and go back to pushing him, meanwhile both of you indicated suspicion of Farren but no real action there
What do you define as real action?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:54 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 395, Ydrasse wrote:i think this is probably a self-centered view regarding guiltylion because he voted me, but it feels as if he's hyperfocused on a few small things that are at odds with being as cognizant of the game state as he is?
In post 396, Ydrasse wrote:like, i guess it seems like a macro assessment of things (that i agreed with, no one pushing anything with vengeance) that zooms in onto me for reasons that don't hold much weight fmpov (the vote and me not trying to find the baddies) which seems... contradictory? in how to view the game as a whole.
how am I not being cognizant of the game state?

like from my view - I'm re-evaluating clidd slot and pressuring a slot that has been voting him the whole game yet not seemingly updating that read based on the content he's given. That leads me to decide to vote/pressure you. Why can you not imagine this coming from a town!GL perspective?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 399, Isis wrote:GL how do you read farren?
I see him as town, I think the stuff pinging me early game was tone clash

@Farren - a vote and a push? Isis gave some reasons for not liking you on entry but went on tea leaves instead, didn't move to you when vocalizing doubts about tea leaves, that's what I'm pointing to here
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Farren »

395 looks like it's saying you *are* cognizant of the gamestate, and is reinforced by her agreement of your assessment in 396.

Your second question is a good one, though.
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:10 am

Post by tea leaves »

I want to make some reads and analyzing everything was taking too long so I'm just quickly reading everything and then gonna post them.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:16 am

Post by Isis »

In post 442, GuiltyLion wrote: I also think it's kinda wonky that Menalque made a bunch of noise about clidd but wound up townreading him, then you come in and immediately reverse course and go back to pushing him, meanwhile both of you indicated suspicion of Farren but no real action there
The former I agree with. The last part, I'm uncertain but that's indistinguishable from the bad angle so sure. The middle point doesn't make sense as an actual reason to be suspicious, it's just a thing that happened. My reads only have like a rand probability to be the same as Menalque's.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”