tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by tea leaves »

You broke my browser. There is no doubt in my mind that you are scum and trying to stop me in my tracks.
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by tea leaves »

Ok I refreshed and it's fine now.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 475, tea leaves wrote:stop me in my tracks.
Would you say you're the sort of organism that moves from place to place?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by tea leaves »

No not really! I tend to stay in one place briefly and then stay at another place for a while.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Isis »

that doesn't sound very conducive to having deep heavy roots and no muscle organs hmmmmm
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by tea leaves »

I stay in the ground as a seed briefly and then remain in the air as a tree trunk and branches for a while. Busted!
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by tea leaves »

Nothing I could say is definitely scummy Ydrasse! But just reads I disagree with and maybe that's a sign of him being scum?
In post 99, GuiltyLion wrote:I townread Gamma, I think that's my strongest read right now
In post 104, GuiltyLion wrote:@Menalque - I don't think is likely to come from scum, that's a really aggressive/call-attention-to-yourself way to defend somebody.
I didn't like the early read on Gamma here.
In post 207, GuiltyLion wrote:so I see where you're coming from here, but I'm not sure he'd try to bring it up pre-emptively though. that feels a little brave as scum
clidd could also just want to play like that while being scum so there's nothing brave about it if it's honest.
In post 210, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 194, clidd wrote:Personally, my town-lock on him is basically due to the depth of thought that he had about my meta, which sounded to me as extremely genuine.
how do you think scum!Menalque would approach your slot, his thoughts about your meta have nothing to do with his alignment. this is a bs reason for a townread and I especially don't like that it comes right after he softened up on you

VOTE: clidd
A lil bit too strongly opinionated here because I think Menalque going above and beyond for the meta is townie thinking because it shows intent to solve clidd and I don't think it's really a bs reason.
In post 223, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 220, clidd wrote:My read on Menalque is valid to me, I don't think he would go that deeper to understand my meta.
maybe can you explain which posts/points were deeper than scum!Menalque could or would post?

I think if you're saying "why would he go through the effort" I can better understand that read, but it read to me like you initially said it was the genuine-ness that made it town.
Is there really that much difference in effort to meta and genuineness to solve clidd?
In post 221, GuiltyLion wrote:I also don't vibe with scumreads on the two lowest activity slots on the basis of PoE here, it's very likely that one of the more active posters is scum trying to establish a good foothold in the game
I think clidd was getting town vibes from most of the active posters which is why he was looking at the lurkers. I think that was a fair opinion at that point and GuiltyLion is looking at it from an overview sense and saying 1 scum is probably actively posting to try and get a foothold. But saying that without a reason is the thing I don't like because he didn't ask clidd about his reads on all of the active posters and just tried to beat him in argument off likelihood. I dunno if that makes sense.

There! That's everything that felt off to me but I'm not even confident that me disagreeing with him means he's scum.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 258, clidd wrote:Which is why I want to be evaluated per play, not meta.
FYI I think rn I read you slightly town on play
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 272, Isis wrote:
In post 26, Farren wrote:
In post 21, GuiltyLion wrote:I actually rolled scum in the original roll of this setup and it was very scary indeed!

VOTE: Farren
did you roll scum again?
Nope. As much as I would have enjoyed conspiring with you, I definitely breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the reroll.
This reads like a scumpost. "definitely" is a bit much if scumming with GL would've been fine. Lady doth protest too much methinks
Methinks I agree
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTECOUNT 1.3

[2] Ydrasse :
Pine, GuiltyLion
[1] Gamma Emerald :
Farren
[1] GuiltyLion :
Ydrasse
[1] tea leaves :
Isis
[1] Isis :
tea leaves

[3] Not Voting :
Dunnstral, Gamma Emerald, Morning Tweet

With 9 in play, it takes 5 votes to exile.

The Day 1 deadline is in: (expired on 2020-08-27 01:04:14)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 274, Isis wrote:
In post 43, Gamma Emerald wrote:Image
Hello fellow trees.
I hope someone pointed out that Gamma is humorously claiming scum because Sudowoodo is a pokemon that looks like a tree but is not a tree. And this occurs in Pokemon Emerald so it's rather noice
You happen to be the first. Well done.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 315, Farren wrote:UNVOTE: Morning Tweet
VOTE: Gamma Emerald

I was going to switch to Ydrasse next, but I saw something that I thought had ... a connection, I guess? ... to a part of the gamestate, and I want to see if it develops on its own without me poking at it first.

Gamma, I saw one brief moment where you put yourself out there - and then you withdrew. Got anything else like that?
Yes, but it requires me to have the time and energy to put it out there
Things which Im severely lacking rn
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 321, clidd wrote:
In post 315, Farren wrote:UNVOTE: Morning Tweet
VOTE: Gamma Emerald

I was going to switch to Ydrasse next, but I saw something that I thought had ... a connection, I guess? ... to a part of the gamestate, and I want to see if it develops on its own without me poking at it first.

Gamma, I saw one brief moment where you put yourself out there - and then you withdrew. Got anything else like that?
+Town points
I think I have to agree, no one had really challenged me up to that point so doing so was a bit of a shot in the dark wrt how he would be received
Plus I think I can accept the answer to the thing I previously found suspect
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 331, tea leaves wrote:Is the game fun to read through?
I’d say it has a dry but smoky flavor, you need to let it steep for a while
(Hope you don’t mind tea metaphors, I truly enjoy a good herbal tea)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 348, Isis wrote:I forget this setup has a PR cause it doesnt need one imo
It’s probably best to assume it’s not gonna do anything
Hope for the best, plan for the worst
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 395, Ydrasse wrote:i think this is probably a self-centered view regarding guiltylion because he voted me, but it feels as if he's hyperfocused on a few small things that are at odds with being as cognizant of the game state as he is?
His early townread on me still deeply pings me, and he recently reaffirmed it without much prompting or details regarding it, which I’m not sure how to feel about
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 408, tea leaves wrote:: I like this post from Morning Tweet and the way she turns in the middle of it.
: I think this means this what Ydrasse is doing or trying to do since she's thinking about it? Town vibes.
: I love when people hold onto reads like this and I think it's towny thinking.
: This opinion I don't like and I think it's a lil forced because scum can have fake confidence like Gamma showed all the time.
: Don't like this from Gamma because there's like no way to expand on that haha.
: I think Farren having a perfect explanation for ALL of GuiltyLion's points is a bad sign and like he feels the need to have one for everything when it'd be ok if some stuff was fluff like townies usually have.
: Exactly what I mean in Farren, Morning Tweet! But why don't you just call him out on it instead of mentioning it in this shady way?
Could you describe your overall thoughts on Farren a bit?
<Embrace The Void>

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by Isis »

Gamma do you expect to be more active the rest of the day phase or no?
"Well, I..."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

tea leaves and Isis are doing some strange interpretive dance with their votes it seems
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 492, Isis wrote:Gamma do you expect to be more active the rest of the day phase or no?
Not really
<Embrace The Void>

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:41 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm not sure scum!you would shade townreads on your slot if you planned to stay inactive it's a hrm
"Well, I..."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

It’s not any sort of plan
I’m just trying to avoid making promises I likely won’t keep
<Embrace The Void>

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:08 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Mm! A bunch of people concluded the tea leaves "slip" was NAI (namely Guilty and Farren if i recall right). If tea felt comfortable claiming Tree immediately, that implies to me they didn't have a great grasp of the setup -- they probably just figured tree was vanilla townie and therefore you were either a tree or mafia.

However, had tea leaves rolled arsonist, then they don't have knowledge of the whole tree mechanic until they look at the setup. They may neglect to look at the setup immediately (meaning they wouldn't have opened with claiming tree) or maybe they did look at the setup. If they did look at the setup, they would have noticed there's a PR, which again might have dissuaded them from claiming tree immediately. However, if they are going to decide to claim tree, then that's a conscious decision to fake a townslip imo

I think if all of this is correct, then tea leaves has a lesser chance of flipping arsonist because I think it's more likely town tea leaves thinks the entire town is trees rather than scum tea leaves tries to forge a townslip
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:10 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

i also did an Isis writeup that makes me want to believe Isis is town but it's meta so

Isis -

I feel like Isis played with little to no direction on the first day in purgatory (scum). She posted 80-90% fluff, and when it wasn't fluff it was still mostly one-liner questions. She condensed her effort into one or two walls and she did a garner fair bit of towncred for looking agendaless and for making those big effort posts if i recall correct

I dont have total confidence that is 100% how she plays scum but her play there and here is like total night and day. It may be because that setup was a lot less balanced so maybe she felt inclined to play less seriously

I checked through crossfire next (scum again). Specifically i looked just at posts in the first half of the game, it feels different to here but I'm not sure why. She doesn't have any posts that are emotive, she speaks pretty much matter of fact. In this game she's been extremely hyped up by her clidd read (and subsequently disappointed), conflicted/frustrated about my alignment, and whatever the OMGUS bit with tea leaves is. Some of that goes into fluff territory like purgatory but it doesn't come close to dominating her posts like it did in that game

i think Isis enjoys playing scum less and maybe the excessive fluff posting or exclusively seriously toned posts are a manifestation of that (She had a few non serious posts in crossfire, but they were more like "This made me laugh" or "Who did you roll scum with?")

Why did i devote so much time to the Isis read despite it being meta and therefore garbage? i was hoping modding a game with her in it will give me 100% read accuracy (since previously I'm maybe 1 for 3)

(((it didn't though)))
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 459, tea leaves wrote:
Spoiler: Tree of Life
Tree of Life

Isis - Menalque was constantly posting townie things and trying to get into people's heads and learn more about them. Isis also looks like she's just writing down her thoughts as they come to her naturally.

Giant Sequoia

Ydrasse - Town vibes all around. Her friendly tone and energy I thought looked a lil fakey at first but then I realized she'd probably be scared of appearing that way if she was scum and after looking through her meta I was right that she doesn't show it as scum but does as a townie sometimes.

Cherry Blossom

Farren - I can't really tell. I think all of his talking about his own meta is townie but his seriousness and tone makes me feel uneasy.
Morning Tweet - She has townie moments but some of her reads and approaches to suspecting people look like she's trying not to step on toes even while criticizing stuff.

Yellow Cacti

Gamma Emerald - I dislike because maybe he felt obliged to ask for more even though what else is he looking for after that explanation? He came in later to ask some questions but didn't give a lot of opinions of his own.
Dunnstral - Doesn't seem to care and is self aware of that just need more. I disliked as his only thing to say when he came in and it feels weird?

Weeping Tree

GuiltyLion - Feels off to me and haven't seen anything that gives me townie vibes. Some of his reads don't look real like the early one on Gamma.

Pine

Pine - Pine.
Bouncing off this cause lazy

Yes to Isis town

I hypothesized that Ydrasse as scum feels a greater need to contribute early, but tbh I dont know about it. Maybe. I kind of see town but I also can see her being scum too -- There hasn't been a lot of content thus far and it's possible Ydrasse as scum just doesnt have a lot to say

Thinking the way Farren speaks is just him. I think there was one or two posts I liked from him early. I see he interpreted the tea leaves' 'townslip' similarly to how I did at first. Wonder what he'll think now

Yup that sounds like me alright

Gamma i have a couple games i could use as a frame of reference to read off of. I would say he is similar to the town one thus far but it's not hard to fake nor do I know if it's AI yet

Dunny played pretty hard in RVS last time I saw him as scum, but then spent the rest of the day inactive with one pocket/vanity scumread. This game is that minus the RVS part. I played a town game with him where he was very active and solvey and pushy etc. I wonder what switches Dunn on.. I would hypothesize his alignment does but he himself calls me out for not calling him out on this in . But then again that's a total scum move to grab cred via WIFOM so I'm not going to give him points for that.

My first town experience with GL, he locktowned me early and we mindmelded quite a lot. My second, I couldn't figure out if it was him or someone else who was scum and sadly I chose incorrectly. So no help from past games. In this game in particular it felt to me he was shading the active slots for no reason, although it seems quite likely I misinterpreted him combined with him using somewhat too strong phrasing. It's possible he did that on purpose but I doubt it. I wonder if his Ydrasse push is genuine. I agree that she feels different to my last game with her (). I am not willing to townread him yet

agree on pine
    Spoiler: Reads (rated by above or below Pine)
    Isis, tea leaves
    >>
    Farren
    >
    Gamma

--- Pine Line ---

Ydrasse
    >
    GuiltyLion
    >
    Dunnstral

Pine is actually a little lower probably but i wanted to make the joke and it didn't work as well if i didn't put him in the middle

Return to “Completed Open Games”