Kaname Date
Kaname Date
Goon
Kaname Date
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Kaname Date »

yes, you really do. i can't recommend the unspoiled experience of the somnium files enough.
i really TR . call me contrarian. i like the retroactive explanation and the "aha" feeling.
I wish... that Mizuki will grow up healthy and happy.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 525, Kaname Date wrote:yes, you really do. i can't recommend the unspoiled experience of the somnium files enough.
i really TR . call me contrarian. i like the retroactive explanation and the "aha" feeling.
I agree I like the fish.
I think N_M is playing to his scum game right now, I got my trigger finger waiting on him right now.

But I don't want to make this generic statement without fact checking it.
Don't mind me as I waste my time.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Hayasaka »

I just find N_M will solve, will have high post density.
But will just never explain anything as town.

And I don't particularly take issue with the first 2 lines. I think is actual current lack of presence is incredibly bizarre for him.
From a crowd analysis standpoint he also isn't under much if any pressure which just strikes me as odd for a field that should be full of scum?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:10 am

Post by tris »

In post 377, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 283, tris wrote:
In post 240, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 122, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
vote flavor leaf

Talking too much
Dumbest reason to vote someone I ever seen, I legit think you might be scum trying to derail something.
i am not a fan of this post.
VOTE: Venus, Mars, & Pluto

Even if pooky were not shitposting, i don't see how it would be derailing
It is derailly if people take it it and start asking questions about it. If it was a rvs kinda vote it was way too late in the game to be of any meaning/fun

~Venus
i don't feel like there was anything going on that was important enough that derailing in that way would be a problem. and i don't think that the discussion that might emerge from people reacting to that vote would be any less valuable. and just because he tells flavor leaf that he's talking too much doesn't mean flavor leaf will stop talking about the things he wants to talk about.

that said, i don't have any issues anymore that deserve my vote staying here. UNVOTE:
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:17 am

Post by tris »

In post 388, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 231, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 217, Ampharos wrote:Let's put this to rest.

I've been playing casually since 2011, seriously since 2016. I'm a site administrator at MafiaUniverse.com.

Assertions that I'm new are incorrect as well as annoying, and I guarantee you that's NAI.
Yeah I don’t think someone of this experience level would be self-conscious like I was initially thinking, or feel much need to play defensively regarding mechanics
UNVOTE:
hmmm

I think my feeling of weirdness re: Gamma is more that I didn't read Ampharos' post as self-conscious at all, and even if you assumed that she was new to mafia, I still wouldn't have read her posts as self-conscious, so calling them such seems off to me. Iirc there were several people calling Ampharos towny for outing the neighborhood, so it feels like this could be a shallow attempt to prevent her from becoming a universal TR, if that makes sense
hold on, i don't recall anyone townreading her FOR outing the neighborhood. except for me saying that it could be slightly towny. and that was after gamma voted Amy.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:19 am

Post by tris »

In post 389, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 238, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 52, tris wrote:on that note,
@pooky @Venus
why just the hellos?
Why wouldn't I? It's rude not to say hi :(
Are you deliberately misunderstanding the question?

- Daenerys
oh yeah, i didn't get an answer to
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:31 am

Post by tris »

i feel like i'm getting too many townreads. i'll have to figure that out when i get to the present
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:42 am

Post by tris »

In post 448, Flavor Leaf wrote:They made that initial post I didn’t like.

Multiple people went against it, interesting note.

2nd highest amount of posts in the game

And I didn’t hate the way they talked when we were talking back when.

That’s my read on tris.
i actually think i like this better than if he had townread me. it seems appropriate to the game so far
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Ampharos »

In post 527, Hayasaka wrote:I just find N_M will solve, will have high post density.
But will just never explain anything as town.

And I don't particularly take issue with the first 2 lines. I think is actual current lack of presence is incredibly bizarre for him.
From a crowd analysis standpoint he also isn't under much if any pressure which just strikes me as odd for a field that should be full of scum?
i'm voting him! though it was mostly a "let's see if this does anything" type of vote

i'm... vaguely aware of N_M by reputation, though i've never played with him before. if his meta is like you say it is, definitely feeling somewhat better about this vote lol
aka Amy | hope you're having a good day
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:50 am

Post by tris »

In post 451, Ampharos wrote:kinda like FL's posts on the previous page for reasons i'm struggling to articulate. might come back to it in a few hours

might not be around much for the next few days
ok cool. this is the first time i've actually gotten a town ping from Amy
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:31 am

Post by tris »

Actually, no. i'm not townreading to many people
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:36 am

Post by tris »

{Hayasaka, PookyTheMagicalBear} special masonry
{Kaname Date, BrightEyedFish}
{Ampharos}
{Gamma Emerald, Flavor Leaf}
<anything above here is some level of townread>

{Daenerys and Dragons, Venus Mars and Pluto, Not_Mafia, DoctorPepper, jjh927} mafia be somewhere in here
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:59 am

Post by tris »

explanations on townreads:
Date:
is where it crystallized for me, but it's not just that post. his process in general seems right. (This isn't why i townread you, but it makes sense that you're Chara)
BEF:
I'll just copy Date here. I like . And, I think there's generally a relaxed townieness.
Amy:
well, there's that post I quoted. This one's still a little weaker. it's mostly just coming from that post. If she's town, i think she'll continue to show it. If she doesn't though, then I'm worried.
Gamma:
can't really point to anything here. it's just a hunch. I'm mostly am against the wagon that I used to be on.
FL:
As I mentioned, I liked what he said about his read on me. But, Flavor Leaf can say all kinds of things. idk. i think it's impossible for me to have a strong townread on him, at least this early.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by tris »

VOTE: Venus and Mars and Pluto

what if you did just answer ?
please thank you very much.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Hayasaka »

Ok I have a confession to make.

I fake claimed part of my role, I wanted to gladiate everyday to get the upside of my role since needing to use it in first half of the phase to get a bonus effect is true. So I claimed the caveats of being compulsive to justify doing selfish play in order to gladiate every day and not be flamed for it.

I think I shouldn't gladiate day 1 since I realized the first day I gladiate I am being roleblocked or killed and day 1 has way too high of a value for my own needs to outweigh the town as a whole.

I might pull the trigger late day 1 anyway, since gladiator is still a role with upside. I am likely always pulling it every day past day 1 since I need to put the pressure of having my PR being active on the scum.

We have no real wagons so if I followed through, I'd either need to target Gamma which is a wagon I led, or I'd need to hip fire which creates no real other info. And if I am wrong on Gamma I just think we are completely fucked so I think my gambit really failed this game with how wagons decided to form.

Sorry if anyone is unhappy with this post.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 536, tris wrote:{Hayasaka, PookyTheMagicalBear} special masonry
{Kaname Date, BrightEyedFish}
{Ampharos}
{Gamma Emerald, Flavor Leaf}
<anything above here is some level of townread>

{Daenerys and Dragons, Venus Mars and Pluto, Not_Mafia, DoctorPepper, jjh927} mafia be somewhere in here
Swap FL and JJH and we have the same read list.
Masonry is doing good.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Hayasaka »

Actually I misread part of that readlist.

Dump the entire tier of FL and Gamma.
I town read D&D and jjh to the smallest degree where you put that tier. Still very much in sync though which is good.

I guess our shared POE is NM, Doctor Pepper and Venus Mars Pluto?

Some spectator quoting that and calling us shit for our 0/3 reads. Nice.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Hayasaka »

Why do you town read FL slightly in particular?
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

In post 354, tris wrote:
In post 347, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 297, Kaname Date wrote:
why is the progression bad? thinking a player is a newbie and realizing they really are not is often going to change a read considerably.
Because it feels more like backpedaling due to pressure rather then a genuine reassessment

Dragons
but there was new information, so how is that not reassessment?
I don't think the retreat was motivated by the new information
In post 384, Kaname Date wrote:
In post 334, Hayasaka wrote:The tiny hydra sheeping me feels off because they are a hydra and I rarely see hydra consolidate with other players this early over each other. Even late game hydra tend to do that which is why they aren't very fun to play with.
is this about D&D? this is an interesting point i don't think i've considered re: hydrae before.
This doesn't make any sense. How does my vote (Lilith didn't advise at all on it) relate to us being a hydra?
In post 386, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 348, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:FTR I already admitted to sheeping on Gamma
In post 331, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 319, Hayasaka wrote:
In post 307, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Hayasaka
Notice me senpai
Why did you shade me like you did
I chainsawed Amy, you could say I am doing something wrong but it would the opposite of a shade.
So to answer that question I think you are targetting what you believe to be a low hanging fruit. Ampharos + that avi is far more likely to be a unique ID compared to me who is a clear alt.

Rest of this player list seems decent or is Not_Mafia who isn't pushable day 1 beyond a very late PL.

You admitting to grasping onto something doesn't make me feel better about it. Maybe I can improve my read down the line if you are town I do have time to figure this out and I'd rather solve top-down then bottom up. Tends to lead to better reads. But having a preference to top-down solving isn't going to stop me from seeing something I view as off and acting on it.
Okay, still leaves my original issue unanswered
Why did you call out the fact I have 1000+ posts on MU? What purpose did that serve?

And like, this also serves as a point of engagement more for D&D, but what strike you as off about my reversal, if anything? I could have persisted on my push, but I felt really unsure of whether it had any legs to stand on following my considerations, and honestly I think it was better to unvote then, rather then get stuck in some headass push because I couldn’t reconsider early. Tbh it bothers me that Cakez is just blithely regarding that action as scummy, I think he’d have enough experience with me to know it’s straight up out of the norm for me in general to rethink in that sort of way.
If it's out of the norm for you then you should understand why I SR it.
In post 337, BrightEyedFish wrote:@Haya

What are your early thoughts on FL and NM?
How could anyone have thoughts on NM rn?

Dragons
I would think you better than to immediately equate “it’s out of the norm” with “they’re scum” though
Actually I think I want to VOTE: D&D, it makes more sense for Cakes to play this way as scum who just wanted a reason to vote, as opposed to town having an uncharacteristically off day
Pretty much OMGUS
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:54 pm

In post 418, Flavor Leaf wrote:If I had to, I would go Pooky, but I’m biased because he’s going against me in a way where if he’s town, he’s gonna make it so I have a hard time solving correctly, and if he’s scum, he’ll get to coast through the game probably. Also, selfishly, if I had that ability, I would want to gladiate someone who I knew would get killed over me, because if you Gladiate someone and you end up being the kill, I don’t know if it’s really worth it, if that makes sense.

Use it in a way you think will help you solve the game if you are town, and will help you disrupt the game and give your team momentum if you’re red.

I’m trying to be unbiased :lol:
I can't parse most of FL's posts but I do like this one for town. It looks like a town mindset.
In post 463, BrightEyedFish wrote:Is it bad that I want to vote gamma just so the wagon will dissolve because it can't fade there and we can move on to someone else.

VOTE: gamma
Scummy
Why not advance something else then instead of complaining?

Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:00 pm

In post 507, Hayasaka wrote:Yeah when they called you conf scum for calling them a top scum read.
My initial reaction was "I guess calling a global town read Tris scum is a bit weird but I am not sure."

I almost signed this post with my mains name >_>
Where are you pulling this "global town read" from?
In post 531, tris wrote:i feel like i'm getting too many townreads. i'll have to figure that out when i get to the present
I'm the opposite...I can't find any TRs.

Dragons
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 531, tris wrote:i feel like i'm getting too many townreads. i'll have to figure that out when i get to the present
Having too many townreads isn't a bad thing. It anything it helps you focus on your more questionable reads.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 544, Daenerys and Dragons wrote: Why not advance something else then instead of complaining?

Dragons

Read Daeny's posts.
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Venus Mars and Pluto »

In post 541, Hayasaka wrote:Actually I misread part of that readlist.

Dump the entire tier of FL and Gamma.
I town read D&D and jjh to the smallest degree where you put that tier. Still very much in sync though which is good.

I guess our shared POE is NM, Doctor Pepper and Venus Mars Pluto?

Some spectator quoting that and calling us shit for our 0/3 reads. Nice.
Hya, I know I haven’t been able to post too much lately but I really think you should at least have a glimmer atp, that this is 100% my towngme here.

Why is FL scum?

~Mars
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Venus Mars and Pluto »

In post 538, tris wrote:VOTE: Venus and Mars and Pluto

what if you did just answer ?
please thank you very much.
I keep telling that to Shiro. Why is this even so important to you? I much preferred your previous reason fir voting us. :/

~M

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”