Best Overall Mish Mash Player

Farren
He/Him

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Farren »

Puzzling over the lack of activity right now. You?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Bell »

I want more votes on ydrasse, because I think she’s an arsonist.
That’s uh, that’s pretty much it over here.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by Bell »

Look at those anime eyes and tell me you don’t see a pyromaniac bent on lighting the world on fire.
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 718, Farren wrote:VOTE: Ydrasse
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Bell »

i’m aware. I appreciate the vote, but what are your reasons if you don’t mind my asking?
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Farren »

There's multiple reasons, some of which are going to have to wait until later to explain.

Part of it, though, is trying to figure you out specifically. Pine didn't really contribute anything beyond an RVS vote for Ydrasse.

Making you aware of that will probably change things, but time for dilly-dallying is running out.
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Farren »

728 at least made me think you just had missed the vote, so had to rule out that possibility.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by Bell »

i’ll take it.
It shouldn’t change much in terms of my behavior.
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Farren »

What do you mean by self-narrating (), and how is it a scumtell?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Bell »

Self-narration is when a player trys to construct an accounting of their own internal experience.
Perhaps said differently, it's when a player thinks out loud to get into their town character. The issue is right there in the wording, they don't need to type out their internal reasoning unprompted unless someone asks because they're town already. But a scum player that needs to fake the perspective of a town player might write something like that.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by Bell »

You can see a lot of examples of her talking about her internal reasoning prompted and unprompted. Sometimes she says she doesn't share her change in reads. But she consistently shares what she is internally thinking about whatever topic she's on. By saying 'I think' etc.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 698, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 683, Ydrasse wrote:@farren: :> i was just reading over that and noticed that gl didn't actually reply to that as far as i can see?

i think that gamma being resistant of accepting the townread/actively pushing against gl is townier than gl offering the tr and rolling with it/affirming it.

|O|_|_|
|_|X|_|
|_|_|_|
I did answer it in , Gamma acknowledged this in his next post

here's a question for both you and Farren regarding my Gamma TR - why would scum!me give a freebie townread on Gamma specifically? What do you think is my angle here? When I rolled scum in the first roll of this setup, I specifically named him in the mafia PT (dunno if Farren/MT saw those posts tho) as someone I thought we may be able to plausibly push/eliminate. He's not someone who is generally universally townread or a town leader, I've historically mistakenly scumread him in several prior games, and this game so far isn't really an exception to his normal style IMO.

however, he has done something I actually see as quite town-indicative this game - he claimed an early strong townread on a questionable slot while it was under scrutiny from a well-known aggressive/influential player in Menalque. I hardly see this come from scum - if town!Ydrasse, he's cutting off avenues to vote her later for no real gain in terms of towncred, and risks town spewing her on his flip. I also doubt he'd do it if they were partnered, the vast majority of scum players are too scared to defend their buddy from early game suspicion in that manner.

The only agenda I could
maybe
see as scum-serving is if he's partnered with exactly Menalque and they were using Ydrasse as a wedge topic to casually distance from each other without actually pushing each other directly, but that like actively requires me to don the tinfoil.

There's also the execution of the post/read, he didn't bother to give a real explanation nor did he try to double down on it when he received blowback, it strikes me as a fundamentally genuine thought with no agenda or scum motivation. That's solid grounds for a D1 townread, and I haven't seen him
do
anything to make me want to go back and re-evaluate, as I said yesterday.

so winding back - if I'm scum and Gamma's town, why would I go through the effort of fake TRing him, especially since you don't see this as S-S? Would Gamma really be a necessary pocket for me here? If I were scum I don't think I'd even need to bring a read on him to the table at that point, it was literally the first read I gave and I could have likely dressed up a read on almost anybody else if I wanted to.

I can understand
not agreeing
with my read here, but I can't grok how you see scum!agenda in it, Gamma's not under threat of elimination and he'd be very low on the list of slots I feel I need to buddy or to play around if I were scum.
oh! i didn't... actually put that together when i was reading through your iso and was going by post number so i saw a big gap and thought you hadn't addressed it because you were asked after about it! :> regarding the scum pt thing... i think it's plausible that you're like, doing the opposite of what you posted you might in the event they did see it? but that's like, wifom territory and i also don't know how realistically smart that'd be.

i guess i'm just more inclined to think that scum offer out townreads more than anything and giving one early on makes sense? despite not having to play around or buddy... it's still good to have people who could be on your side, sort of thing? also i don't know what grok means here.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 716, tea leaves wrote:Ydrasse could you go over why you still think I'm scum after everything I said? If I was scum I would just fake some nice sounding logic for why I voted Farren rather than try and be completely honest with what I was thinking back then which is what you and Isis don't like.
I'm thinking about if I should omgus you or not.
i mean, for the most part the way that you voted + the weird way you described it made me vote you; it seemed super out of place in comparison to what you were posting. i'm not convinced completely that you're scum but seeing that made me go !!!! in a bad way.

why do you feel like you have to announce it like that tho?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:12 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 723, Bell wrote:
In post 722, Ydrasse wrote:i'll be around later tonight/tomorrow to talk more!

@bell: this might be weird to ask since it's about me but could you post some of the things that pinged you abt me?
I slept all day. I'm not sure if I'm happy that happened or worried.

1. This game has angry ghosts. If you push an elimination yourself without a shield the rest of the town is likely to get nagged by vengeful stumps into making you the next elimination.
2. Why would it be weird to be curious about my motivations of my read of you?
...it's a good thing ghosts and also stumps and in general dead things don't get votes then!!

but really, it was more that it felt silly to ask someone to like, post their case against me. like, "oh, please tell everyone more in-depth about why you scumread me!!" that's all!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 736, Bell wrote:You can see a lot of examples of her talking about her internal reasoning prompted and unprompted. Sometimes she says she doesn't share her change in reads. But she consistently shares what she is internally thinking about whatever topic she's on. By saying 'I think' etc.
typing stuff like 'i think' and etc is just, in general, how i play (or have lately)? it's the most natural way i have to express myself and i can't, or rather don't, really care to change that honestly.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 735, Bell wrote:Self-narration is when a player trys to construct an accounting of their own internal experience.
Perhaps said differently, it's when a player thinks out loud to get into their town character. The issue is right there in the wording, they don't need to type out their internal reasoning unprompted unless someone asks because they're town already. But a scum player that needs to fake the perspective of a town player might write something like that.
this is traditionally a towntell and you're just saying it's a scumtell
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 736, Bell wrote:You can see a lot of examples of her talking about her internal reasoning prompted and unprompted. Sometimes she says she doesn't share her change in reads. But she consistently shares what she is internally thinking about whatever topic she's on. By saying 'I think' etc.
should have quoted this post actually
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:17 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 723, Bell wrote:1. This game has angry ghosts. If you push an elimination yourself without a shield the rest of the town is likely to get nagged by vengeful stumps into making you the next elimination.
I haven't even thought of this and I wonder if that's an alignment difference that I haven't
"Well, I..."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:23 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

bell, the things that you said i am doing are either a) not scummy or b) just untrue.

the 'self-narrating' thing is a byproduct of how i talk in games, saying i'm waiting and watching isn't true when i've been trying to push and sort people and talk to them, and pocketing isis is not scummy if it is done with cat pictures and tic-tac-toe. (sarcasm)

but if you mean the vote on tea leaves i think i laid out the reasons why i thought it was a good vote when i placed it and i can't think of anything else that would show me actually pocketing her. :<
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by Bell »

Yeah, I don't see you trying to sort anyone?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:38 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

yes, you are right, my vote on tea leaves was for nothing more than fun.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:38 pm

Post by Isis »

Ydrasse would you burn a tree just for fun?
"Well, I..."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i actually mean it when i am putting a vote on someone and providing reasons and interacting with them. :>

p-edit: i do like campfires...
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:42 pm

Post by Bell »

Talking to people isn't townie if you're at all competent at this game you're aware that doing so is the bare minimum if you care about not getting eliminated. You've mentioned before in other games that A: You were stressed that you were scum and B: That competent scum will change to adjust for their own meta. Isis has looked at A, but either ignored or doesn't care about B.
It's not a town tell and saying it is without explaining why it is, is not convincing me that it's the opposite of what I said.

Return to “Completed Open Games”