Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:43 am

Post by Isis »

tea leaves do you think scum is pushing you?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Farren »

In post 771, Gamma Emerald wrote:The issue I have is your need to editorialize what you’ve said over and over though
The post directly before I voted is a key example
Would this be another example of "the gentlefolk doth protest too much?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Isis »

Gamma not as townie as before but still townish
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Farren »

In post 769, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah I think I can get behind the idea of this being scum for trying to look town
They way they’re trying to work with the trust tell thing is telling with this
What you described in was not a trust tell. Adding part of for context ...
In post 595, Isis wrote:If you would never roll scum why do you need a contingency plan for if you did?
In post 596, tea leaves wrote:Yes I would admit I'm scum and
hope everyone thought I was joking
because townies claim scum sometimes.
(underlining added)

Trust tells require that a player do a specific action as a particular alignment with the purposes of proving their alignment by only doing the action as that alignment - and then doing so repeatedly over multiple games. That's definitely not what's happening here; even if it applies to this game at all, it'd be an attempt at concealing alignment, which is the precise opposite of what a trust tell seeks to accomplish.

What gives?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

it's vaguely like a trust tell, since you could interpret it is "No I'm not scum, if I were scum I'd admit to being scum"

But I can tell the intention wasn't for it to be one
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Isis »

a trust tell has to span multiple games and this was localized
"Well, I..."
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Farren »

That would require completely ignoring the underlined part. Telling the truth in an unbelievable fashion is an effective way of lying.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:44 am

Post by Farren »

(that was a response to MT, not Isis.)
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:44 am

Post by Isis »

I kind of believe that Gamma scumreads tea leaves less than I believe that Ydrasse does
"Well, I..."
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 774, tea leaves wrote:It's ok though. I have a contingency plan if I am forced into the tree stumped lifestyle and I'm already gathering a collection of cool trees to post as motivational support if they chop me down.
THE ONLY THING THAT PINGS ME ABT TEA IS THAT THEY KEEP BRINGING UP BEING STUMPED and what they'll do after

Still think they're town tho

Can we do Dunn first? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

I also would prefer Ydrasse but i should probably get on that reread of her first
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 781, Farren wrote:That would require completely ignoring the underlined part. Telling the truth in an unbelievable fashion is an effective way of lying.
Well yea i think it was pretty clear their intention wasn't to trust tell. Still, I could see Gamma misinterpreting it as a defense against Isis or somethin
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Bell »

Aight, trying to learn from my past mistakes here. Hopefully I don't come off as too obnoxious.

Leave the Tea Leaves alone.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Farren »

Clearly reverse psychology.

/s
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

warning meta

Spoiler: the Ydrasse read
very floofy game opening
In post 179, Ydrasse wrote:i've come out of the last page or two townreading clidd + menalque. mt to a lesser degree but still in my townreads. i think that the back and forth between the former was maneuvered in a way that settled some of the weird feelings i had towards the line of question from mena, of which mt voiced. also this is because i am tired and only really looking over the last few pages now. :>

i liked gamma's opening (it made me feel special... and also it was super bold) and i don't remember anything about farren right now or much of the others right now but that is an issue for after i sleep.

while it's hypocritical to say that like... activity =/= alignment it does feel like the towniest people right now are the people posting the most right now?
I agree
In post 283, Ydrasse wrote:i think that morning tweet is town!
I AGREE
In post 285, Ydrasse wrote:the reason for that townread in particular is that i think her open-mindedness this game thus far feels townier than not? like, i don't think she's hedging when she says she doesn't know something and isn't looking for someone to supply her the answers so much as wanting to collaborate with everyone if that makes sense?
Maybe. It's very game-to-game how difficult it is for me to get reads. It's probably a tad more difficult for me to get reads as a whole as scum, but I would say I scumread better as scum. I think
In post 379, Ydrasse wrote:i like farren quite a bit. :> am adding him to my townpile.
Townread without giving extensive reasoning, more than "I like him". I wonder, does Ydrasse give naked reads as scum? I'm in the mood to check

She wrote an ESSAY on every player in the game in this scum game. EVERYTHING was preplanned by her huge read posts, she always had large walls to contribute before she'd move on to voting. She never opens herself up to getting attacked through opportunism, or anything else, because she gives off the appearance of actively reading every slot in the thread.

Let me check and see if Ydrasse ever elaborates this hard on her reads in town games she played at a similar time to this one (Newbie 2012)

Game of Ydrasse replacing into a terrible town slot and getting eliminated in 12 posts -> Newbie 2014

She certainly tried. But not nearly as much as she did in her scum game. That could just because she was screwed, moving on

Another town game -> Secrets of Anuket Topaz

She votes every other post for the first 12. She seems to be letting others sway her more. She's voting low-energy/activity slots. In 953 here comes a serious vote for wagon starter attempt. It's a lot of effort.. she has a lot of decent follow-up posts as well. I can tell her posting frequency is quite low though

I see that she got somewhat frustrated under pressure. I can tell Ydrasse fights really hard to not be eliminated. Not only that, she had the scum correct the whole way through. Looks like she basically saved the game to me cause she didn't die and did get her target eliminated

I wonder, does Ydrasse fight back hardest when she knows her elimination will result in a loss for herself and her team? I suppose it'd only make sense that way. That's as much meta as I have. This has been an in the mood for meta game for me

My running theory is that Ydrasse plays the hardest when she's under the most pressure, and that pressure can come from either A.) being on a scumteam where the game likely results in your loss upon getting eliminated or B.) being town getting pushed in a situation where your death means a likely loss for your team

Right now the only way Ydrasse could be feeling that pressure is if she's an arsonist. Haven't seen it yet. Lemme go back to why I'm bothering to do this... this game is a first for Ydrasse. I don't think she's written a single wall. She doesn't even feel the need to go deeply into her reads or explain herself much (like that Farren read above for example). If this isn't an external circumstance or something otherwise unrelated, I do believe this makes her town. There is also the possibility Ydrasse is consciously flipping the switch in order to distance herself from her scum meta.. but like why would you do that? Who is gonna get tripped up other than the 1-2 ppl who do meta analysis

Back to the game!
In post 516, Ydrasse wrote:hi i have not been very active lately and i am sorry for that!

uh, to explain why i might feel/be acting different: it's more of a comfort thing than anything else? i feel at ease with the playerlist + the game as a whole right now so i'm more prone to like... be sort of chit-chatty and easygoing. it's probably not the best for like, finding scum but i'm also prioritizing my own enjoyment lmao. that and not having as much time as i would like to really go through this.
I just somewhat feel like scum!Ydrasse would be more concerned abt looking like a scumhunter

Okay her ISO is actually continuing to be fluff. I will note her votes don't seem very calculated to me, and if she's scum, she is making no attempt to steel herself as an endgame player. I get that she probably has less access than normal, but i would expect scum!Ydrasse to at least be really good at one thing (Like just read 1 player extensively at least, to look like she's really interesting in solving something).

I feel like she'd feel some sort of pressure to effort at least just a little, just so she can stay in the game longer and not have a chance at abandoning her arso buddy prematurely.

I would instead say we got tictactoe and cat pictures. Which i LOVE, but it definitely isn't helping an arsonist agenda.

tldr: i think she'd feel pressured to play harder as scum, even if she has less access than normal and feels very comfortable with the playerlist, she'd at least do at least an effort post or two, just a single wall for one of her reads! She'd want to help her arso buddy by trying at least the best she can to not be eliminated

there is none. Check her ISO. not one. there is only tictactoe and cats. this is someone who does not fear death

yup im townreading her high fluff:seriouspost ratio. I will feel very stupid if ur scum Ydrasse so ples dont be
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Bell »

The too relaxed to be scum angle is just not enough for me tbh.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 776, Farren wrote:
In post 771, Gamma Emerald wrote:The issue I have is your need to editorialize what you’ve said over and over though
The post directly before I voted is a key example
Would this be another example of "the gentlefolk doth protest too much?"
Yes.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Isis
Tea leaves
GuiltyLion* - Ydrasse*
Gamma Emerald
-
Bell
Farren
Dunnstral*

Gamma/Bell/Farren i havent focused on yet and probably wont until after i see the Dunn flip (or whatever we do today i guess..) so just gut ordering there
Bell wrote:The too relaxed to be scum angle is just not enough for me tbh.
ya fair enough although I've talked myself into it to the point where i'd be quite surprised if Ydrasse flips scum now
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:35 am

Post by Farren »

Bell, how much of your tea leaves read is based on tea leaves and not clidd? If any significant amount, could you elaborate?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:36 am

Post by Isis »

i'm like super offended she is comfortable with this playerlist even though I'm in it my reputation should precede me she should be horrified of me
"Well, I..."
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Bell »

Why is farren so low? Just PoE?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Isis »

lack of memes
"Well, I..."
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Bell »

It’s all clidd. 4 games, he kind of sucks as scum(no offense Clidd!)

Tea leaves seems friendly though, so I guess that slightly adds to it.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:39 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 793, Isis wrote:i'm like super offended she is comfortable with this playerlist even though I'm in it my reputation should precede me she should be horrified of me
i'm horrified of you Isis!!

does that make up for it
Bell wrote:Why is farren so low? Just PoE?
i forget why i townread him

In reality, you, Gamma, and Farren should be on the same tier but i felt like ordering it
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 778, Farren wrote:
In post 769, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah I think I can get behind the idea of this being scum for trying to look town
They way they’re trying to work with the trust tell thing is telling with this
What you described in was not a trust tell. Adding part of for context ...
In post 595, Isis wrote:If you would never roll scum why do you need a contingency plan for if you did?
In post 596, tea leaves wrote:Yes I would admit I'm scum and
hope everyone thought I was joking
because townies claim scum sometimes.
(underlining added)

Trust tells require that a player do a specific action as a particular alignment with the purposes of proving their alignment by only doing the action as that alignment - and then doing so repeatedly over multiple games. That's definitely not what's happening here; even if it applies to this game at all, it'd be an attempt at concealing alignment, which is the precise opposite of what a trust tell seeks to accomplish.

What gives?
It’s not a generic trust tell (doing X as town but never as scum) but it’s still a trust tell of omission (the lack of X is the indicator they’re Town), which imo is a lot more dangerous. I initially didn’t like it for that reason, but it wasn’t really anything I could realistically vote. The reaction when I pressed it, however, made me feel the way I do now about tea leaves.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 784, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 774, tea leaves wrote:It's ok though. I have a contingency plan if I am forced into the tree stumped lifestyle and I'm already gathering a collection of cool trees to post as motivational support if they chop me down.
THE ONLY THING THAT PINGS ME ABT TEA IS THAT THEY KEEP BRINGING UP BEING STUMPED and what they'll do after

Still think they're town tho

Can we do Dunn first? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

I also would prefer Ydrasse but i should probably get on that reread of her first
Has Dunn done (lol) anything actively scummy?
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Open Games”