The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 523, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 517, The Bulge wrote:iv are you leaning tvt for dave/dram or what are your thoughts there
i can't really read either of them idk, seem pretty nully

i really don't have any strong reads this game, literally mala is my strongest read and she's a normal townread
do you think one comes out looking worse than the other tho? dram is bothering me a little.

pedit - honestly at this point is the mala wagon moving forward at all? what is its purpose in the current game state
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

why

I don’t understand how anyone really has a strong scumread here

I think it’s easier to find reasons to townread people but scum doesn’t really have as much motivation to force bad pushes
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by The Bulge »

no strong reads, but it's a strong interaction and I was hoping to get something from it
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:53 pm

ehh I’ve never been one to really find anything super AI in wars

could it be TvT sure could it be TvS sure S1 v S2 sure, idk man, Part of the problem with these kinds of interactions is there’s some amount of ego and personal desire to “win the debate” as either alignment that really muddies this kind of stuff

maybe we need to let it develop though, there could be stuff to be gained from how this continues
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:56 pm

I wasn’t really saying your read was strong btw that was more of a separate aside I guess

But like why do you think dram looks worse here, and does that make you think this is likely to be SvT
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by The Bulge »

agreed, and there is potential gain from others weighing in as well

pedit - I mentioned tvt because your readslist had them both on the town side of null and you said your reads hadn't changed
I don't see what is so damning about most of dram's points to merit that kind of emotional language
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:03 pm

you mean Dave’s posts instead of drams points? Actually I’m not sure if that’s what you mean
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:05 pm

yeah town side of null is like null at this point lol I just don’t know man

I do think the cakez slot is kind of boring and I very much dislike boring slots in general
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by The Bulge »

yes that. dram's points about dave's posts being damning to dave.

cakez slot being so boring big pings me!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:12 pm

In post 501, AGar wrote:
In post 497, notscience wrote:Both made by scum faking apathy?
This is the gist of it, yes.

Neither of those are posts completely detached in a "hey I'll get to this soon," manner. Both of them comment on something game related but are a) severely fucking lacking and b) don't actually provide anything besides noise.
so as I see it dram has been not doing much all game, AGar called him out on it in kind of a snarky way, dram got a little ticked off and he pulls a 180, forcing a case on Dave

But it’s not really about Dave, it’s about AGar

I believe the emotional reaction is genuine regardless of dram’s alignment, I don’t believe it’s scum motivated
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by The Bulge »

huh. yea maybe.

see this is why I ask you
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:14 pm

I almost don’t know if scum openwolfs like that in general

Scum force bad cases to push, to drive an elimination

This is written as if he is upset more at agar for calling him out than trying to push dave, there is nothing survivalistic motivated about this

In fact I am inclined to call this reaction townie for dram
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by The Bulge »

yay mutual progress
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:19 pm

I am hesitant to give out a strong townread because I can see scum!dram ignoring his wincon here to spit back at agar

It’s also more problematic in multiball because scum!dram can actually genuinely believe Dave is scum and confbias on him, and I believe he genuinely is confbiased on dave

although this is a matter of primary and secondary motivations so still townpoints
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 536, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 501, AGar wrote:
In post 497, notscience wrote:Both made by scum faking apathy?
This is the gist of it, yes.

Neither of those are posts completely detached in a "hey I'll get to this soon," manner. Both of them comment on something game related but are a) severely fucking lacking and b) don't actually provide anything besides noise.
so as I see it dram has been not doing much all game, AGar called him out on it in kind of a snarky way, dram got a little ticked off and he pulls a 180, forcing a case on Dave

But it’s not really about Dave, it’s about AGar
AGar attempting to give me shit is very insulting when
nobody
has been producing content of any worth.
This whole "What are your thoughts on X? Oh hey I agree" routine yall have been spinning bores the every living shit out of me and holds little to no value to netting us scum. The point of the game is not to shoot the breeze with your pals.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by dramonic »

Not specifically at you/bulge ftr
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 541, dramonic wrote:AGar attempting to give me shit is very insulting when nobody has been producing content of any worth.
This whole "What are your thoughts on X? Oh hey I agree" routine yall have been spinning bores the every living shit out of me and holds little to no value to netting us scum. The point of the game is not to shoot the breeze with your pals.
You are flat out wrong to say that nobody has been providing content of any worth.

The discussion
is
the content. Knowing who you agree with / disagree with and
why
is the
only thing of value
that can be produced d1. In fact it's really the only thing of value before the first scum flip, other than perhaps voting records. For which we need people to vote in wagons big enough to be AI. And for the votes to be worthwhile, with at least minimalist reasons.

I'm doing this, and you are not. Get with the program please.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by davesaz »

Fully from memory, in player list order. Gaps are for separating 1-liners from more extensive impressions, not for read grouping:

Almost50 - I think he's town based on a meta factor that I'm unwilling to let him know what it is
AGar - Seems to have opinions which are reasonable based on things in the thread

Malakittens - Claims to have RL balance issue, which is something I wouldn't doubt. Seems to be more in touch and less catching up than RL balance issues would imply. If she's unwilling / unable to push someone that she normally would via meta that could be a sign that she's scum with nothing to push. I don't know her meta well enough to know what she would push.

dramonic - Focus within the thread is a little narrow, but it fits what I know about his meta. Don't remember if I have seen him as scum and not inclined to go digging just yet.

The Bulge - Conversations seem to be town motivated
SirCakez - Extremely typical meta wise. Bad early takes don't make him scum by themselves. I'll need to read again with more context.
notscience - Conversations seem to be town motivated
Elements - I don't know if scum!Elements has the chops to be so brazenly clueless. Fits with meta, don't know if I have seen a scum game.

Xayah - Falling far below expectations but I can't remember if she has given a RL in this game. Perhaps a bit suspicious?
davesaz - Pretty obviously town if I don't mind saying so myself
Dunnstral - Very standard for meta, very unreadable, very null
InnocentVillager
Hayasaka
- If there weren't a join date to prove it wrong, I'd swear this is a new player. Seems rather lost and inconsistent. I had no meta on predecessor despite her apparently being well known to others in the player list. Feels a little suspicious.

Not_Mafia - Very standard for meta, perhaps slightly under performing. In someone with more mainstream meta I'd scum read this pretty hard.

One general comment trend that I'll go along with, there isn't enough overt scumminess in this game. It leaves me with no genuine gut scum reads and that's not good.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by Elements »

VOTE: dave
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 544, davesaz wrote:Seems to be more in touch and less catching up than RL balance issues would imply.
That's just not okay.
I'm a hoot
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:52 am

Post by brassherald »

When the counting part of the votecount fails, it is only a rough estimate.

Votecount 1.12
Malakittens (4):
, , ,
SirCakez(3):
, ,
davesaz (2):
Almost50 (1):

notscience (1):

Not Voting (2):

With 13 in residence, it takes 7 votes to send someone down the mountain.
Day 1 will end in (expired on 2020-08-31 17:40:00)
Dunnstral has been prodded.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:06 am

Post by AGar »

In post 544, davesaz wrote:Fully from memory, in player list order. Gaps are for separating 1-liners from more extensive impressions, not for read grouping:

Almost50 - I think he's town based on a meta factor that I'm unwilling to let him know what it is
AGar - Seems to have opinions which are reasonable based on things in the thread

Malakittens - Claims to have RL balance issue, which is something I wouldn't doubt. Seems to be more in touch and less catching up than RL balance issues would imply. If she's unwilling / unable to push someone that she normally would via meta that could be a sign that she's scum with nothing to push. I don't know her meta well enough to know what she would push.

dramonic - Focus within the thread is a little narrow, but it fits what I know about his meta. Don't remember if I have seen him as scum and not inclined to go digging just yet.

The Bulge - Conversations seem to be town motivated
SirCakez - Extremely typical meta wise. Bad early takes don't make him scum by themselves. I'll need to read again with more context.
notscience - Conversations seem to be town motivated
Elements - I don't know if scum!Elements has the chops to be so brazenly clueless. Fits with meta, don't know if I have seen a scum game.

Xayah - Falling far below expectations but I can't remember if she has given a RL in this game. Perhaps a bit suspicious?
davesaz - Pretty obviously town if I don't mind saying so myself
Dunnstral - Very standard for meta, very unreadable, very null
InnocentVillager
Hayasaka
- If there weren't a join date to prove it wrong, I'd swear this is a new player. Seems rather lost and inconsistent. I had no meta on predecessor despite her apparently being well known to others in the player list. Feels a little suspicious.

Not_Mafia - Very standard for meta, perhaps slightly under performing. In someone with more mainstream meta I'd scum read this pretty hard.

One general comment trend that I'll go along with, there isn't enough overt scumminess in this game. It leaves me with no genuine gut scum reads and that's not good.
Is there actually an opinion in here?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:09 am

Post by AGar »

In post 541, dramonic wrote:AGar attempting to give me shit is very insulting when nobody has been producing content of any worth.
I admittedly have a higher expectation for you than the rest of this playerlist based on mutual playing history going back to, y'know, pretty much the start of us being on the site.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.

Return to “Completed Open Games”