She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3725 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Titus »

Not voting Alch.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3726 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by Galron »

That makes more sense than Froppy.

VOTE: Alchemist
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3727 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Titus »

Alch makes zero sense as a lynch.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3728 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 3712, DrippingGoofball wrote:Bingle, tell me why you think Galron is more scum than Elsa Jay.

Elsa Jay's rosary of fake claims were all self-serving and disingenuous and I didn't like them one bit.
EJ fakeclaiming is a sign he has a pulse, not AI for him. It’s annoying, but he plays every game like a survivor. There are a couple things he’s done that make me think he’s town (particularly the bizarre way he refused to vote Froppy) but there’s nothing to really make him solid town.
In post 3710, DrippingGoofball wrote:I don't get that "self-confirming" stuff.
There is not another vig on the scumteam. Therefore, two kills tonight would mean adorable is a town vig. Scum can’t afford to let Townadorable hang around, because she kills a suspect every other night and the PoE pool is already rather tight. It’s always better to make scum kill a slot than to myslynch it. Even if scum has a Roleblocker or something like it to neutralize Adorable, they would have to let the potential power in me and Vecna (who remain unclaimed) have free reign. If we contain even a shitty pseudo investigative like motion detector we have a chance to royally fuck the scumteam here. Not to mention if we have something with a little more oomph, like, say, a doctor to keep you alive.

TL;DR Adorable, if town, will either be dead or conftown soon, so eliminating her is a waste of assets.
In post 3717, Galron wrote:
I didn't ask, but since you put it out there, I don't follow. Connecting the dots, Logical tracked Thun because Thun said he was going to shoot chkflip? How does chk being obvtown play into that?
LC likely tracked Thun for two reasons. One, the towncred of actually proving himself a tracker which he could have done if Thun had killed a better target. Two, there were very few unclaimed slots. There was no reason to track a VT claim. There was no reason to track DGB/Pooky. There was no reason to track the vengeclaim. There was reason not to track EJ/Alch.

Of course this all falls apart if they were both scum (LC could claim thun shot whoever he wanted) but then we still have a missing non town role responsible for killing A50, and I’ve already explained why adorable is completely off the table for today once in this post.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3729 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:48 pm

Post by Vecna »

Lynching alch is definately not ideal, but it helps with the following:

Its guaranteed not a town lynch today
It gives us a guaranteed mislynch tomorrow and potentially a second one depending on how the NK/vig/pgo shit all work out (4way is no longer a potential loss with 3p scumsiding)
It removes the option of the absolute shitfest of a scum Thun/adorable slot claiming they shot the 3P and us having to figure out whether alch is scumsiding by confirming that or not

Im not really sure whether its worth it, but at least it removes the headache of having to figure out who I really wanna/can lynch
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3730 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by Vecna »

So....lets pile on either EJ or Alch.

We need to make a choice and have 30hours left.

Whichever wagon gets biggest, the rest can switch

go
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3731 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:53 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: EJ

Fine.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #3732 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:18 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Titus, he literally also explained why it was a good idea to vote Alch, you know I fake claim alot ( I didn't even really commit to the vigi shot to begin with since that same day I changed it to visit Alch instead), and you still go for me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3733 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:54 am

Post by Titus »

He literally said Alch or EJ. I don't want Alch. It creates drama as to who Adorable shoots and he's not likely to hit scum. It also makes me conftown and I hate being conftown.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #3734 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:00 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

... so basically kill Alch to confirm you were checked by him then?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3735 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:39 am

Post by Titus »

Being conftown is hard enough when not depressed. We sacrifice resorces and verifications to do it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3736 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 3733, Titus wrote:It also makes me conftown and I hate being conftown.
FWIW it doesn't make you any more conftown than you already are, but you're already pretty conftown. Like 99%.

Alch is either 3p or scum. If Alch is scum you're town because no way are there two scum left. If Alch is 3p there's an argument to be made that he lied about his result, but I already made a big post about why that probably didn't happen (tl;dr it requires Alch to have been playing against his own claimed best interests).

I'm still interested in the reasons behind the Galron townreads, and haven't heard anything particularly compelling.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3737 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Bingle »

Vecna/Galron looks very S/S interactions wise and I don't know how to feel about that, tbh. They can't both be scum, but at the same time ScumVecna has no reason to defend TownGalron like that.

On the other hand, the repeated emphasis on EJ/Galron that's turned into first a push on chkflip and now a push on Alch is just bizarre. Vecna, which posts turned you around wrt Gal?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3738 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 3694, Galron wrote:I'm to the point where I'm ready to take another look at your Bingle argument if you want to drag that out again.

My main is Adorable, but she's "self-confirming." As I was going through the game a couple of days ago, I ran across a couple of posts where Bingle said no to Logicalisticlist unless it was specifically him and Thun/Adorable. But you guys don't want to touch that slot because of the "self-confirming" nature of it.

Elsa is my number two. Elsa has lied about his role and other things multiple times and now says he's a PGO, which, if true, should have been signaled early on or at least he should have tried to draw a NK. So I don't believe the PGO claim and wouldn't be surprised if he's somehow compatible with Alchemist.

Alch would be my number 3. For several reasons I think we've been over and I don't really have time to flesh out right now.

I don't know. I get the feeling that this game has been lost already. I feel super pessimistic at this point that we're going to make the right decision.
This post felt pretty damn towny to me, and it mirrors my sentiment quite well.

Theres also some interactions with the scum on earlier days, but its nothing too strong
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3739 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Vecna »

Regardless, if I was scum, id have plenty of reason to save Galron here now, no?

Pretty easy to pivot later down the line and win against that slot in lylo or w/e

Not whats happening here though
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3740 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:03 am

Post by Vecna »

Also, I really dont see why scum would want to lynch alch here over trying to utilize the slot and keep em around for their vote
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3741 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 3739, Vecna wrote:Regardless, if I was scum, id have plenty of reason to save Galron here now, no?
Ah, I was unclear. The interactions that looked S/S were early days, when you wanted EJ or Galron and then pushed chk for pushing Galron while ignoring EJ. 2705 - 2738 or thereabouts. (Note: Vecna consistently wanted to flip EJ first.)

That looks to me like a you/Galron team with you trying to shift the attention away from Galron, but also it can't be a you/Galron team. Hence confusion.

I'm aware that at this point any arguments for another player being town are likely legitimate arguments because only one scum remains.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3742 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Titus »

Why are we so confident only one scum remains when the only wagon to get three votes is set up to ensure both Alch and Adorable get lynched rather than scum?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3743 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Galron »

Spoiler:
In post 2805, chkflip wrote:Hm. Okay.

VOTE: Elsa Jay

It has been brought to my attention that I'm ignoring you. I wanted to hand wave it away as bullshit, but I know I can't because it's absolutely true. That one time you pocketed the fuck out of me, compounded by that one time we lost to Reck/Tripod scum give me mixed feelings about how to read you at all. So let's do this.

What are your reads?

What is your opinion of the gamestate?

Why are you only claiming Miller now instead of in post one?

How do you feel about the claims in this game?
In post 2807, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 2805, chkflip wrote:Hm. Okay.

VOTE: Elsa Jay

It has been brought to my attention that I'm ignoring you. I wanted to hand wave it away as bullshit, but I know I can't because it's absolutely true. That one time you pocketed the fuck out of me, compounded by that one time we lost to Reck/Tripod scum give me mixed feelings about how to read you at all. So let's do this.

What are your reads?

What is your opinion of the gamestate?

Why are you only claiming Miller now instead of in post one?

How do you feel about the claims in this game?
My reads are jumbled at the moment. No solid foundation anyway I look at it.

The gamestate gives way for continuously shifting wagons more then I usually see, though I blame that more on the active players ass disagreeing where to go.

Well I specifically claimed a Gel that isn't helpful to town but I never even claimed to be an IC once. I let day 1 ride like normal. Contriversal claims like that are better day 2 IMO since then you at least have a basis of who did what.

Claims are interesting I guess. I'm paying more attention to those day 3 with more results tho.
In post 2814, chkflip wrote:
In post 2807, Elsa Jay wrote:My reads are jumbled at the moment. No solid foundation anyway I look at it.
Give me three reads you have.
In post 2807, Elsa Jay wrote:The gamestate gives way for continuously shifting wagons more then I usually see, though I blame that more on the active players ass disagreeing where to go.
Where do you believe we should go? Why?
In post 2807, Elsa Jay wrote:Well I specifically claimed a Gel that isn't helpful to town but I never even claimed to be an IC once. I let day 1 ride like normal. Contriversal claims like that are better day 2 IMO since then you at least have a basis of who did what.
Is Gel in the wiki? I've never heard of it.
In post 2807, Elsa Jay wrote:Claims are interesting I guess. I'm paying more attention to those day 3 with more results tho.
D3 should be fun. At least more fun than whatever this is. But I mean in general, what do you think of them beyond a blanket "interesting"? Do you take them at face value? Do you believe all of them? And I do mean _all_ of them?
In post 2817, Elsa Jay wrote:Gel is Goo. Alchemist is claiming Gold Goo. I'm a different type from him.
In post 2818, chkflip wrote:That still doesn't mean anything to me.

You're third party?
In post 2819, chkflip wrote:I just looked it up. Not necessarily 3p but that's interesting.

Why did you claim?
In post 2822, chkflip wrote:Gel is definitely a redneck thing. Can confirm.

Elsa I asked more questions please don't ignore me thanks.
In post 2824, Elsa Jay wrote:I'm at work can't type much only pun
In post 2835, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 2819, chkflip wrote:I just looked it up. Not necessarily 3p but that's interesting.

Why did you claim?

Titus asked nicely. That and me claiming now instead of x1 makes it go by faster. Don't like Galron revoting me.

Drives me nuts how easily Elsa squirmed out of not playing a town game.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3744 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 3742, Titus wrote:Why are we so confident only one scum remains when the only wagon to get three votes is set up to ensure both Alch and Adorable get lynched rather than scum?
If there were 5 scum and two of them could kill in a 16 person then this was never a game to begin with.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3745 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Vecna »

18h left. time for some VCs and consolidation
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3746 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Elsa Jay could be vig'ed.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3747 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Blast Alch, vig EJ.

Ta-da
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #3748 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I mean that would bring us to 4 people afterwards if the Vig is true... Not the worst deal I guess since there will be one scum and it won't be our fault we lose since we'll die tonight.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3749 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Alch will flip scum tho

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”