iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:01 pm

Post by iamausername »

the worst, innocentvillager, Aristophanes, if i am the cult leader, the question you need to ask yourself is: who is the rolecop? who has been aligned with me from the beginning? who has been my constant ally?

because i'm feeling pretty short on allies right about now, let me tell you.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:30 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 899, iamausername wrote:i can't see it being Ari. no one else can see it being Ari. if it is Ari, he's played it extremely well and deserves the win.

Titus does not deserve this win.
on one level i agree
on 4 or 5 levels i will be voting for the person who i think is CL. i won't be voting against the person who i think deserves to beat me because I AM A WINNER
In post 899, iamausername wrote:it is, in fact, very much in cult's interest to bus their recruit there. the day began at 5:3 town:cult ratio. executing town makes it 4:3. executing cultist, then recruiting someone else ALSO makes it 4:3, except they get to take out a town PR and sow more seeds of confusion.

it is 100% clear that Ythan was trying to get himself killed yesterday, and succeeded. and who started that wagon rolling? oh yeah, Hiraki. who has been obviously fucking aligned with Titus since day one. Hiraki and Ythan planned this out in the scum PT, Titus replaced in, had this plan relayed to her, agreed that it made sense and went along with it.
ok like when ythan flipped it ~dawned~ on me that it was the worst possible flip but i didn't really process the value of just endlessly lolbussing the most recent recruit

i'm ngl though the measured way titus shaded ythan and then just bit down real hard on the vote reminds me more of the way i felt about ythan than it does strike me as a bus
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:36 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 639, midwaybear wrote:
Vote count 2.02

It is Day 2!
With 8 votes, it takes 5 to hammer. Day 2 ends in (expired on 2020-08-14 21:30:00)(but not really).

VC
iamausername(2): Aristophanes [], Jesus Christ[]
Psyche(1): iamausername []
Hiraki(1): spicer1209[]
Ythan(1): Hiraki[]
Not Voting: innocentvillager, Psyche, and Ythan[]
[/area]
In post 671, midwaybear wrote:
Vote count 2.03

It is Day 2!
With 8 votes, it takes 5 to hammer. Day 2 ends in (expired on 2020-08-19 18:10:00)(really).

VC
Hiraki(2): spicer1209[], Ythan []
Ythan(2): Hiraki[], Jesus Christ []
iamausername(1): Aristophanes []
Titus(1): iamausername []
Not Voting: innocentvillager and Titus
In post 685, GeneralWu wrote:
Vote count 2.04

It is Day 2!
With 8 votes, it takes 5 to hammer. Day 2 ends in (expired on 2020-08-19 18:10:00)(really).

VC
Hiraki(1): Ythan []
Ythan(2): Hiraki[], Jesus Christ []
iamausername(1): Aristophanes []
Titus(1): iamausername []
Aristophanes (1): the worst []
Not Voting: innocentvillager and Titus

entertain me for a sec:
if cult is in 5:3 it's literally just easier to kill a townie and enter 4:3 for the potential-win than it is to bus into 5:2 to recruit into 4:3 xylo or fail into 4:2
if we're looking at a {titus,ythan,xyz} team i'm not sure why there isn't an effort to just clear out you / hiraki / someone here... when i replaced in i didn't really get the feeling titus was a likely elim. talk me through why bussing the new recruit is a favourable default to just killing town?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by the worst »

i can't like, promise to be smart or particularly interested in cult games at all so please bear with me
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by the worst »

i'll be back in a bit gonna play a game w some friends - seems like it's probably late where you are, if i miss you i'll be around tomorrow.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by iamausername »

the answer is "because PRs"

in a normal game, scum get to take care of PRs with night kills.

in this game, cult don't get a night kill, their method of eliminating PRs is recruiting them, which they cannot do if their roster is already full. Ythan had to die to make room for Jesus.

notice how the Ythan wagon only materialised AFTER a PR was claimed yesterday.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm still not sure why the cult doesn't feel the need to eliminate anyone until after a pr is claimed after which point they lolbus the recruit... or have the recruit out themselves by fakeclaiming a tpr or something? sorry if I'm being way too obtuse here. I agree Ythan stopped trying at some point y'day but I don't.... feel like the entire phase was an orchestrated bus?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:49 pm

Post by the worst »

my intuition is telling me I probably haven't Acquired a taste for cult games, the more I think about it the more indifferent I am about how I would actually handle things.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:47 am

Post by Titus »

To say that I don't deserve this win as a jusification for voting me is just sickening and indicative of a scum mindset. Finding scum yesterday is something very protown and I was a deciding factor in getting them lynched. Not wanting to lose to me might as well translate to who you can get lynched. Ari isn't getting lynched probably.

The comments about being undeserving of a win also misrep my efforts. I am not lurking or dodging. Rather, I am doing the best I can while dealing with depression.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:11 am

Post by the worst »

Definitely take care of yourself before worrying about the game; fwiw I absolutely will not be sorting you by your being here or not being here because I know that you're a skilled enough player to turn up as either alignment and your presence isn't indicative of alignment or anything else except being busy.

Ari has had a very good game though and I don't regret acknowledging if he's the CL he's probably going to win this.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:09 am

Post by Hiraki »

i regret it - i still think he is
Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ
Townie
Jesus Christ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:40 am

Post by Jesus Christ »

Since Titus is apparently easy to read what do you guys think?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:05 am

Post by the worst »

I have a feeling she's not going to be easy to read in this game but I think she is Readable

cold you have a look at user/my convo over the last page and lmk how it makes you feel?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:50 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 899, iamausername wrote:but "you are scum because you've actually been trying in this game" is the worst case anyone has ever made in a game of mafia and you should be ashamed of yourself
I get that this is a frustrating thing for both town!you and scum!you to hear? But if you think about it's really not, especially for the CL

BM aside Psyche and Titus have basically never been here despite getting wagoned like every single day? LHF is what I what call for lack of a better term it especially with them not being around, and I generally really hate these wagons especially when they're trying to take out a role that *specifically* needs to avoid being in this exact spot

If this were a normal scum game I'd agree with you more but when one scum is way more important than the other scum roles... yeah

Admittedly it's not like a hard read or anything, but it seems like worsty and Ari are also kind of on the same page with me here so that is coloring my opinion on this LOL
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:55 am

as much as I don't want to bring up Korina's vomiting at the beginning he kind of had a point about how CL probably doesn't just like... do nothing and get wagoned every day?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:07 am

Post by Hiraki »

i dont think iamusername has done nothing?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:08 am

im talking about Titus slot doing nothing so based on that user is more likely to be cult leader
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:08 am

Hiraki, where's your head at in all this, you still think Ari is most likely CL?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Hiraki »

yeah, i think titus flips cult here but i dont think titus is CL. there's a lot more that points to ari, the most damning being that he wasn't hammered today. we have 8 alive, probably 3 cult, less one townie is a win. if ari isn't cult, there would've been a quickhammer (which is why i'm eyeing that iamusername vote cautiously) considering that cult do have day talk

i know i'm town, i'm pretty sure there's literally zero reason for JC to be cult here so either JC or ari is lying. i don't think people are taking that into affect when TRing ari

you have to think me and JC are cult in that situation and i also ran up against both of my cult buddies on D1 and D2 OR i was culted N3. there's literally no scenario where I decide to cult someone on D2 and then run up against them that hard

like i don't see how ari flips anything other than cult here and i'd like to think that ari is the person who would cult titus here

i'm not really thinking my logic too hard here only because it makes the most sense to me so feel free to dispute it somewhere
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Hiraki »

actually sorry - *N2 and that scenario doesn't even work unless theworst is lying
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Hiraki »

the only case that i can't really provide is why is ari CL rather than anyone else. i'm gonna have to think about why i'm so sure of it past "everyone thinks that he is town for some reason even though most of what he has said in D3 just plainly doesn't make sense"
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:23 am

so your current narrative is

Ari-CL
???-Rolecop
Titus-culted N2

i do agree with you on the hammer thing and that still makes your slot rather damning to me because I'm TRing Ari? but I also see how from town!you's perspective Ari is kind of mechanically confirmed to be CL, or somehow the cult failed last night and there are only 2 cult (which would mean cult tried to cult you N2 because TW jailed you)
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:24 am

i mostly can't get over Korina's vomiting at the beginning that made it seem so unlikely that he was Leader and BM's tunnel on him still being Leader was weird
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:29 am

idk, I still feel like Ari didn't get hammered because you're cult, not because Ari is CL is where im at
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:47 am

anyway I'm back to the I want worsty to decide angle? Hiraki remember in Crossfire where we let Casey decide the dunks? I might be biased because it worked LOL and we all just supported Casey from the side with our own analyses and she picked the dunks, but there's the whole scum influence thing again given that we might be in ELO mode

Yeah it's not really the same thing because we have a bit more time and we don't have to dunk like 4 people (just 1), and our situation is much less dire because if we do hit CL today there's a significant chance of win, but I do think having an obvtown clear like Casey (worsty) lead the elim is going to be the highest EV play here

Return to “Completed Open Games”