Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:16 am

Post by Fidget »

Hm, okay ready2rock.

I will let you know where my guess for scum is this afternoon. Presently I think I've talked myself out of BM/Kerset being scum and am mow considering between puppy and midway

Midway I think i gave way too much credit for the elimination and now I can believe Kersets mindset way better. Does it make midway scum automatically, well no.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Fidget »

For the record I 100% leave midway in the townbin and do not reevaluate him ever as scum. I also wouldnt talk nearly as much and although I would effort decently, itd be in a much smaller amount of posts

That's okay though I feel sort of confident my pool of 2 is correct, meaning I have a 50/50 off the bat
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:24 am

Post by midwaybear »

if not you, then I agree that puppy is scum.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:28 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

townclear townleans my scumleans and scumleans my townleans. feels bad man
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:29 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 902, midwaybear wrote:if not you, then I agree that puppy is scum.
nani???!
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Fidget »

Ydrasse D1 -

Ydrasse's interactions with midway are really sloppy at the top of her ISO. She has a whole array from "Let's find midway's scumpartner" to "I don't actually scumread you midway." Feels like she'd think more about her interactions with her partner than that.

139 - Ydrasse misses something BM says and he calls her out on it, somewhat like it for them not being teamed

143 - Ydrasee kinda doesnt have a read on midway from the early wagon made on him

182 - This is Puppy/Ydrasses major distance. It looks somewhat good for Puppy but mm

---------

Puppy D1 -

173 - Puppy points out Ydrasse looks like scum doing busywork, but says it's minor stuff we can work on

271 - Puppy does pick the r2r wagon over Ydrasse's

314 - Puppy declares he is willing to hammer a Dunn wagon

Puppy has quite a few posts declaring BM town btw, it's one of his main reads

369 - This is Puppy sheeping IV onto the Ydrasse wagon, when IV declared Dunn town. Idk it looks alright

408 - puppy votes Dunn instead. he declares he was going to switch back to the Dunn even before the claim

410 - Random compromise wagon on midway, thinks midway is scum positioning on the Ydrasse wagon. He points out that weird post I mentioned early midway made

480 - Puppy agrees with Blair not trusting the IV CC, but wants midway > Dunn

---------

midway D1 -

Starts off with a BM push. Their battle is legendary but not very important so i didnt read it

92 - Tells Ydrasse she needs to explain herself with regards to her scumreads

124 - Accepts her response, she basically says she was joking

197 - he gives Ydrasse a "???" in this post. Something abt it

216 - Feels better about BM. Votes Ydrasse, but sees merit in Nosferatu wagon

238 - Says he feels better about his Ydrasse vote, calls her hedgey

267 - Says we should hang Ydrasse

While midway didn't really end up being the cause for Ydrasse's death, it does really seem that he would have been okay with killing her right then and there. I am willing to see the Dunn vote as a mistake, probably. Dunn I imagine was a scummy enough guy. My slot sure thought so

However, I get Kerset's point a lot better now. Midway's credit grabbing wasn't exactly warranted however it's entirely possible he was just excited.

371 / 386 - Midway shades Dunn from his place on the Ydrasse wagon.

423 - Switches to Dunn

431 - Switches back to Ydrasse after the IV claim. He did it as soon as the claim came out, although he found IV scummy too
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Fidget »

VOTE: Puppy

Au revoir!
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:23 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

but you can't launch a puppy :(
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:23 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 904, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 902, midwaybear wrote:if not you, then I agree that puppy is scum.
nani???!
midway come explain why u're positioning urself to launch me after fidg flips as town.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:29 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i really regret launching dunn now. why am i even posting if all my reads get ignored until lurkers and subs come in at the last minute? u guys have been too much work this game, it's like trying to stand on jello. graveyard, here i come, sorry i wasn't as obvtown as i thought!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:37 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 908, CantHateAPuppy wrote:midway come explain why u're positioning urself to launch me after fidg flips as town.
Not really. I just townread battle mage so logically, I would be voting you in Lylo.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:40 am

Post by midwaybear »

Can you not with your ATE? My vote is still on fidget...
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by ready2rock »

So fidget, would you say your list is scum>puppy>kerset>midway? Or am I perceiving your thoughts wrong? (hopefully you can forgive me, as they're all over the place lol)

Midway, you said you were gonna potentially do iso's, did that happen? If so, anything useful that you found?

Puppy, if you're not wanting kerset anymore, who would your main preference be? Can't get a sense of who you scumread more between midway and fidget (or who you townread less, as the case may be)
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 3.5
Fidget
(1):
CantLynchAPuppy
(1):

Not voting
(3): ready2rock, Kerset,

With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to launch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-08-28 21:36:00)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 912, ready2rock wrote:So fidget, would you say your list is scum>puppy>kerset>midway? Or am I perceiving your thoughts wrong? (hopefully you can forgive me, as they're all over the place lol)
Mm yes sorry

I heavily favor Puppy >>> Kerset > midway

My opinion on Kerset v. midway isn't very important at this point though. I just need to be sure it's Puppy. And to be honest I haven't found as compelling reason to townread him as i would compared to the other two lately
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 912, ready2rock wrote:Midway, you said you were gonna potentially do iso's, did that happen? If so, anything useful that you found?
I read through BM's ISO and I found it to be pretty townie. I pointed out a quote where he unvoted and then instantly revoted, and it didn't seem necessary for scum to do.
Basically, I think we hang puppy, fidget in either order and win.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Fidget »

Trusssssst in me midway. Vote with me
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Then puppy is going to do more ATE and I’ll feel bad...
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by ready2rock »

In post 877, Fidget wrote: My current vote is just going to be agreement with r2r's decision. If the deadline were ending in 5 minutes I'd vote Kerset. I think if I said screw everything and just read the last 4 or 5ish pages, I'd say my reads would be scum>Kerset>Puppy>Midway
In post 914, Fidget wrote: I heavily favor Puppy >>> Kerset > midway
Understanding that the first quote is not quite your full reads because of that qualifier, this is still a fairly big shift. Can you explain what specifically caused it?
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 917, midwaybear wrote:Then puppy is going to do more ATE and I’ll feel bad...
Well, I guess I can't argue with that. He has sad puppy dog eyes at his disposal, I am just a nimbat.

When you think of reasons to townread Puppy, what's the first thing that comes to your mind?

For me, it's his tone and frustration with the game state. The sort of "Ugh, first you guys don't bother to play, and now you want to get rid of me. Whatever, I'm beyond caring" attitude. But that is not difficult to replicate as scum.

His contributions to the Ydrasse wagon were not as good as I may have thought at first.
In post 258, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 1.6
ready2rock
(3): , ,
Nosferatu
(2): ,
Ydrasse
(1):
midwaybear
(1):
Battle Mage
(1):
Blair
(1):

Not voting
(1):

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to launch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-08-04 23:30:00)
In post 260, innocentvillager wrote:I'm not done with r2r but god this slot is so boring VOTE: Ydrasse
In post 269, Nosferatu wrote:VOTE: ydrasse
In post 271, CantHateAPuppy wrote:I'll join you Blair!

VOTE: Ready2rock

Nobody is saying anything so it's time to pick a wagon
I like this one!
He did, after all, sheep my slot on the R2R wagon as the Ydrasse wagon was picking up steam. He didn't give any reasoning so I can't really scrutinize it further.

Puppy spent a boatload of time emphasizing how much he townread BM. Kerset is his top scumread now, though. I agree with him that Kerset's posting does not scream town, however, if I had started with a TR on BM as he would have, perhaps he would have been more open to the claim? Unsure, that's more speculative than anything, cause town does read 180s sure

It does somewhat feel like him jumping on Kerset when I expressed suspicion towards the slot, and then getting you to miseliminate me in Xylo was a super easy strategy. The townread on me is somewhat counter-intuitive, however.. I think he could win that Xylo when my slot already has your support for an elimination. Does it matter what his read on me is?

Spoiler: This exchange
In post 351, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 1.9
Dunnstral
(4): , , ,
Blair
(2): ,
Ydrasse
(1):
ready2rock
(1):
midwaybear
(1):

Not voting
(1):

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to launch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-08-04 23:30:00)
In post 360, ready2rock wrote:
In post 357, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 347, midwaybear wrote:Alright, we going Dunnstral today?
So you have nothing else to say?
Dude what are you on about? He has one of the most substantial ISOs of anyone in this game

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Dunnstral

L-1. I'm hopeful that this is a scum slot, and it is at the very least a slot that has been unhelpful to town
In post 363, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 311, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral
sorry but i cant let you get away with this vote without some sort of explanation. it's my job to hold you accountable and you've given no stance on dunn at all except now to help vote for his almost-launch
In post 364, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: Ydrasse
In post 367, CantHateAPuppy wrote:but for players not operating at our high level, can you explain why you voted for dunn in the first place
In post 368, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 367, CantHateAPuppy wrote:can you explain why you voted for dunn in the first place
because I was told to
In post 369, CantHateAPuppy wrote:ok

VOTE: ydrasse

I think this exchange here in particular held me up on Puppy for quite a while. IV joins the Dunn wagon then leaves it, Puppy questions him why he voted for Dunn, IV gives an explanation, and then Puppy sheeps him onto Ydrasse

I think it is quite possible scum!Puppy thinks Dunn is going to be eliminated, and he wants to get the suspicions flowing in a way. He doesn't oppose the Dunn wagon, however, he's trying to hold IV accountable for joining it (which will potentially reflect poorly on IV after the miselim which scum!Puppy knows will happen)

Puppy is fine joining Ydrasse although it's tough for me to get into his mindset. Before this vote, looking across his ISO, he mentions wanting to launch Dunn and maybe Nosferatu, but
I SEE NO WHERE HE MENTIONS SUSPECTING YDRASSE.

This could potentially be scum setting himself up to look good deep later into the game. ("See, on D1 where everybody miseliminated Dunn, I was on the scum counter wagon!")
In post 408, CantHateAPuppy wrote:VOTE: Dunn

Too bad, I was going to switch before I saw the claim anyways : |
And this is the part where Puppy unvotes after the claim. He never returns to the Ydrasse wagon.

He spends the rest of the time he has advocating for a third option other than Dunn/Ydrasse that was never going to happen from what i can tell (midway). My slot joined him too but EHHHHH
In post 484, Battle Mage wrote:Research complete. Most mini normals with town gunsmith have no cop.

VOTE: Ydrasse
Contrast this with BM who does a ton of research and determines that Ydrasse is incompatible with the setup. He didn't have to do that, but he did. Could be a bus could not be but the fact remains that he didn't have to condemn Ydrasse like that
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 918, ready2rock wrote:
In post 877, Fidget wrote: My current vote is just going to be agreement with r2r's decision. If the deadline were ending in 5 minutes I'd vote Kerset. I think if I said screw everything and just read the last 4 or 5ish pages, I'd say my reads would be scum>Kerset>Puppy>Midway
In post 914, Fidget wrote: I heavily favor Puppy >>> Kerset > midway
Understanding that the first quote is not quite your full reads because of that qualifier, this is still a fairly big shift. Can you explain what specifically caused it?
My revelation I had at 5 AM about midway not looking NEARLY as good as I thought he did. My Kerset read was clouded because I just could not understand where he was getting midway being the scummiest from.

This is the post that made me want to reexamine the game:
In post 879, Kerset wrote:If midway is scum and he wins then i am going to call all of you bad rather then him good. For 2 recent days he haven't even been pretending to scumhunt or solve. He keeps nodding to other people and follows common agreements.
This feels like a genuine reaction to me. He's insulting us! For not following his scumread on midway. It felt to me there had to be something I had twisted

Additionally, I am sheeping your comment on Umlaut liking to throw some random wrench in his setups. I wouldn't know, but I trust you on that and this certainly could qualify as one
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Fidget »

I wasn't planning on continuing to fight after my "Au revoir" post but you guys are making me feel like I have a chance at shifting this to Puppy and I cannot help myself.

If your judgment is already set in stone, I ask that you put a stop to my rambling. I might not even be right about Puppy which will make it more embarrassing.

Alternatively, if this discussion does interest you, I will gladly continue on until the moment I'm shoved into the cannon
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 921, Fidget wrote:cannon
**TREBUCHET
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:44 pm

Post by Kerset »

My pick is midway>fidget>puppy

VOTE: midway
giv me pagetop :(
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:52 pm

Post by Kerset »

In terms of fidget-puppy. Fidget is slightly more manipulative and raised some red flags. Puppy isn't afraid of being lynched. I don't see scum at this point being like 'you want to lynch me, ye whatever just wary about my cuteness', AtE is just not efficient enough when you are on the edge of losing this game.
giv me pagetop :(

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”