catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:25 am

Post by catboi »

FWIW, I would not pay that much attention to claims at this point, I think the solve is fairly simple from actually looking at the game. Should I lay out a case?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:26 am

Post by catboi »

by "actually looking at the game" I just mean evaluating posts and what the flipped scum were doing
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Creature »

Meh, I think catboi and Donkey Kong are town, so it's between Titus and jks. jks' play looks the worse, but for some reason I think Titus makes the most sense.
Sigh
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by catboi »

I don't understand how, outside of roleclaims, you could townread him. He has been scumtelling left and right. I don't really think maria floats the idea of titus and beeboy as a team if they actually are a team. There are extremely good reasons to believe battle mage and maria were unaligned as well.
jks
jks
Goon
jks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by jks »

Which posts are you talking about with regards to MariaR / Titus?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by catboi »

nvm i just re-looked at titus's ISO with regard to maria and I'm not really comfortable calling her definite town anymore
jks
jks
Goon
jks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by jks »

In post 1518, MariaR wrote:I guess I'll wait for the others but I'm trying to see what the world is with only 1 of beeboy/Titus scum.

If beeboy is scum and titus is town we had 3 ways of killing scum
If titus is scum and beeboy is town scum had a vig and no way of knowing about a cop/tracker that we're aware of.

Both of these seem pretty reachy
I guess this and the posts surrounding it?

It looks pretty non-committal to me and felt a bit like she was testing the waters for public opinion before doing anything with it. Kind of like trying to be on the right side of history if the cards fell that way but without actually pushing it strongly?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1491, MariaR wrote:I can see a world with Titus/Beeboy with Titus not wanting me to track her but if that was the case scum already knew I tracked Titus n1 so I wouldn't be able to do it again.
In post 1511, MariaR wrote:I was roleblocked Titus don't know what else to tell you. Roleblocker some kind of rolestopper I don't know. But at the moment the most logical scum team to me is you+beeboy
In post 1518, MariaR wrote:I guess I'll wait for the others but I'm trying to see what the world is with only 1 of beeboy/Titus scum.

If beeboy is scum and titus is town we had 3 ways of killing scum
If titus is scum and beeboy is town scum had a vig and no way of knowing about a cop/tracker that we're aware of.

Both of these seem pretty reachy
In post 1584, MariaR wrote:Titus if I was scum all I'd do is guilty you and then win off the ml. Sadly I'm town so this game isn't as easy.
These were her posts with regard to titus I was referencing
jks
jks
Goon
jks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by jks »

There's pretty much nothing in any of the scum ISOs about Donkey Kong or TrueSoulEnergy. The names come up a couple times but that's about it. Panther and Fox mentioned him once in passing ("I am uncertain of his alignment so far, yet I sincerely hope that he is town") and beeboy voted him but switched to Shiro not that long after. It's pretty much a wash in terms of associations.

Reading MariaR's ISO makes me feel pretty good about catboi being town though. I don't think the way they were interacting together looks like scum-scum.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1210, Titus wrote:
In post 1209, MariaR wrote:This is part where I'm supposed tp post updated content but I don't have much to give. Who wants to bounce some ideas off
Me. If you had a vig pool of 3 players, who would you pick?
In post 1375, Titus wrote:MariaR, what are your reads? Who would you leash me to? Do you feel mastina is correct in that Panzer is scum? Why is your vote still on Ari?
In post 1379, Titus wrote:
In post 1376, MariaR wrote:Why me Titus? Need a helping hand?

My vote was still on Ari purely because I forgot to be honest. Panzer could be scum but that read is more in relation to my own role more than anything else given I like the Tipsy push.
I want everyone on record. I am going to likely follow what the conftown say. Getting everyone on record gives people an opportunity to persuade conftown and gives associatives. So if you could answer your hypothetical vig pool, that would be great.

Go on about the Panzer could be scum. I think he's a scared opportunist.
In post 1382, Titus wrote:
In post 1381, MariaR wrote:Aww I was silently wishing you were asking me because you townread me.
pedit: It's not bastard, you should be able to get at what I'm hinting at though.
Suppose that I am wearing my dunce cap. Refresh my recollection.

For the future, unless I am frustrated, I ask more open ended questions to my null and scumreads unless I need everyone on record. I use tailored questions with townreads to persuade or scumreads to make a point.
In post 1385, Titus wrote:
In post 1384, MariaR wrote:Although, that makes me think only 1 of Panzer/beeboy are probably scum because the counter to my role would be beeboy
Why can't Panzer be scum and beeboy be your counter?
In post 1390, Titus wrote:
In post 1389, MariaR wrote:I'm tempted to claim to help clear up my beeboy/Panzer theory but I'd only feel comfortable if I got help solving them/we did something about it. Scum may already know my role
Mastina, Chemist please comment

Based on the KPN, I would recommend sorting this out. We're lynching Panzer and I am leashed to vig beeboy.
In post 1395, Titus wrote:
In post 1393, MariaR wrote:
In post 1392, Titus wrote:
In post 1391, MariaR wrote:Okay so, I'm in a pt with beeboy/Shiro

My role is a tracker+watcher combo. I watch/track my combo but my results must be posted in that pt. If they both die I lose my powers. There's also something else that makes no sense in claiming.
If beeboy dies at night, do you get your results in the PT that night?

If so, you could track and watch me. That would prevent scum from roleblocking me. You might also watch chemist.
Yeah I still get my results if beeboy dies at night
Ok, I gave Chemist a gun. He needs to be watched actually. This is regardless of who I am leashed to. Chemist needs to be protected. I had to make a choice between him and mastina. Since mastina has floated shooting me, I picked Chemist.

This is why I said Creature's calculations are off. He wasn't factoring in another town killing.

I would have held off but I don't think I am living longer.
In post 1419, Titus wrote:
In post 1418, PJ. wrote:Is this what you are referring to? How is this at all conclusive and not just more performative bullshit. Totally right in switching to just skimming and not actually reading this trash.
My gun giving is a day action.
Whenever the mod shows up, they should PM Chemist with a notification of my gift.
Originally I wanted Chemist to keep quiet as I had no way to protect him. With MariaR's claim, she can watch Chemist to ensure no one stops him without claiming scum.

It leaves scum, assuming they have a roleblocker with four scenarios.

First, roleblock Chemist. This will get scum outed because MariaR will be watching Chemist.

Second, roleblock MariaR. Town get two KPN tonight.

Third, roleblock me and claim that my audition bonus was a lie. This is by far the best scenario for scum as it sets up a mislynch. That's why I had to be a VT by then.

Fourth, scum don't have an rb or block elsewhere. Two confirmed KPN and no scum guilites. The mislynch pool narrows down dramatically. Scum probably still push me there, but it's harder given Chemist got a gun from me.
In post 1462, Titus wrote:MariaR, who is scum? Someone blocked Chemist. Someone else Docced beeboy.

I know this looks terrible for me.
quotedump part 1 of interactions. this looks sort of legit for the most part? but not impossible to fake.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1783, jks wrote:There's pretty much nothing in any of the scum ISOs about Donkey Kong or TrueSoulEnergy. The names come up a couple times but that's about it. Panther and Fox mentioned him once in passing ("I am uncertain of his alignment so far, yet I sincerely hope that he is town") and beeboy voted him but switched to Shiro not that long after. It's pretty much a wash in terms of associations.

Reading MariaR's ISO makes me feel pretty good about catboi being town though. I don't think the way they were interacting together looks like scum-scum.
Both scum basically treated him like plutonium, they wouldn't touch him. beeboy through a vote on DK day 1 for being "fluffy" but it was a late end of day vote that IIRC had basically no chance of going through.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1476, Titus wrote:
In post 1475, MariaR wrote:I just wanna confirm something really quick.
@Titus you shot beeboy and you're sure chemist got a gun correct?
Yes. I submitted chemist getting a gun and shooting beeboy. Chemist gun had to be used that night or he died. That's why I insisted you watch Chemist.
In post 1486, Titus wrote:It's probably beeboy plus MariaR or beeboy plus mod fuck up. I don't see two roleblockers as a possibility. Beeboy was likely doctored.

I know my lynch is likely required. I don't like it though. I still won't be in lylo which is why I made myself a VT anyway.
In post 1510, Titus wrote:
In post 1507, MariaR wrote:Would Chem die if he was roleblocked with the vig?
My role pm doesn't explicitly say. If you were roleblocked, Chemist being roleblocked makes no sense.

If you're town, the mod forgot to tell Chemist about the day vig condition which is bastard modding. So he held and died.

Of course, my action was a day action the mod resolved at the end of the phase and didn't tell me.
In post 1512, Titus wrote:
In post 1511, MariaR wrote:I was roleblocked Titus don't know what else to tell you. Roleblocker some kind of rolestopper I don't know. But at the moment the most logical scum team to me is you+beeboy
Great, then let's lynch beeboy together. The remarkable thing is we don't have to trust each other and it nets us a scum. If beeboy flips bulletproof, then my claim gets some validation.
Doesn't seem fake? I don't think, anyway.
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Townie
Donkey Kong
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Donkey Kong »

UNVOTE: catboi

I thought about it and I think catboi going all out on tunneling me doesn't make sense given it's not even lylo. I flip town, and then he has to do it all over again but in a worsened position the next day. I want the rage to fake and not believe I've made someone so upset, but sadly I think he's for real.
I've never known any problem that couldn't be solved with a little nap.
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Townie
Donkey Kong
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Donkey Kong »

*want the rage to be fake

All of my dumbslips are legit, cat dude. I've barely been following the game and my being lost is 100% genuine. I joined for the memes and to shitpost ya know.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1583, Titus wrote:OOYAMA NOBUYO is my flavor.

We resolved the mystery of where my shot went. We still have MariaR's claim of being roleblocked and Creature's shot not going through.

I struggle with both solutions. On one hand, Chemist being roleblocked and MariaR lying is the simplest solution.

Yet, MariaR's result would have implicated me resulting in a mislynch. Then scum would mislynch her for lying about the results. So why block MariaR at all? Of course if MariaR is scum, claiming that I honestly visited Chemist against my will results in her lynch anyway after mine. So there is a scum incentive to claiming blocked.

Even with that confusion, that still leaves the question of where Chemist's shot went. Given the macho modifier, we likely have a doctor/jailkeeper of unknown alignment somewhere.
In post 1585, Titus wrote:
In post 1584, MariaR wrote:Titus if I was scum all I'd do is guilty you and then win off the ml. Sadly I'm town so this game isn't as easy.
That's part of the problem. Why would scum block you if you would have seen me going to Chemist? You'd claim an honest guilty. Unless

Mod: Would beeboy's ability, if used, be visible to a tracker/watcher?
These posts after beeboy dies and we start day 4 are less good. Suddenly seems somewhat protective of Titus.

In post 1621, Titus wrote:HURT: MariaR

I am resting based off setup spec that MariaR is town. Now that she's basically a VT, she's a good audition bonus for macho. Offer scum a VT kill guaranteed or a gamble to shoot a PR.
In post 1681, Titus wrote:HURT: catboiMariaR not voting Ari is odd. Her flail doesn't look like townflail.
In post 1684, Titus wrote:Supposing MariaR is scum, then if she does not flip roleblocker, we can infer the last scum is a roleblocker.

We can further eliminate anyone with a proven role.
And these posts I don't like at all. Second just looks fake.
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Townie
Donkey Kong
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by Donkey Kong »

Are any of you cultists big fans of Donkey Kong Country Returns? It was one of my biggest gigs back in the day. Just let me know if you're a fan and I'll know you're not mafia, because anyone who likes it must have a pure soul.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by catboi »

beeboy threw shade titus's way a fair number of times, but there was never anything serious that would make me say they're definitely unaligned
jks
jks
Goon
jks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by jks »

Reading 1512 reminds me...

When beeboy bumbled his fake-claim, my first instinct was that it was actually planned. I think at the time it was between Titus and beeboy? I don't remember which way people were thinking of voting at the time (I think Titus maybe?), but then beeboy came out with a ridiculous fake-claim that ended up having nothing to do with his actual role and he somehow missed the fact that there'd only been two night phases so far. I remember briefly thinking overnight that he did that as a way to pave a path for victory for Titus since one of them was going down and at least him flipping would provide something for Titus to work off due to his role.

I should probably go back and read how that went down again.
jks
jks
Goon
jks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by jks »

Oh right, now I remember. It was the fact that he was doing as little as he could in terms of associations that day. It was 5:3 at the time and if town was voted that day, it's highly likely we'd have lost then and there. But beeboy decided to make an extravagant fake-claim and seemed like he'd basically given up on the game (providing very little in the way of content, not trying to actively push Titus), despite scum being in a really good position if Titus is town. That's what made me think it was weird.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1792, jks wrote:Reading 1512 reminds me...

When beeboy bumbled his fake-claim, my first instinct was that it was actually planned. I think at the time it was between Titus and beeboy? I don't remember which way people were thinking of voting at the time (I think Titus maybe?), but then beeboy came out with a ridiculous fake-claim that ended up having nothing to do with his actual role and he somehow missed the fact that there'd only been two night phases so far. I remember briefly thinking overnight that he did that as a way to pave a path for victory for Titus since one of them was going down and at least him flipping would provide something for Titus to work off due to his role.

I should probably go back and read how that went down again.
I had the same thought, I just wound up dropping it when maria was outed although I don't know that I should have. And in actuality maria pointing out that he slipped now makes it look definitely planned
jks
jks
Goon
jks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by jks »

Has Titus claimed what non-audition power she has? I can't find it anywhere if she has.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1536, MariaR wrote:Uhhh beeboy. You do know there's only been 2 nights correct?
Yeah 100% a planned slip, Lol.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by catboi »

UNVOTE:

Still have a lot of issues with dk but I need to mull it over I guess
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1795, jks wrote:Has Titus claimed what non-audition power she has? I can't find it anywhere if she has.
It was giving Chemist the gun.

Can someone please answer me about the claims? I will be working most of the day tmo and I really don't have time to answer.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
jks
jks
Goon
jks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by jks »

Catboi answered your question in .

Though to clarify my role, it was a compulsive night ability (pregame to N3) where I had to choose the audition bonuses for days 1-4 (e.g. the hated ability that you got D2). The pool of abilities was fixed, I just chose the order they appeared.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”