Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

I don’t think it’s funny to call someone stupid, even as a joke. I don’t understand why you would make a post like that if you didn’t actually think I was lying or that I’m stupid (unless you’re scum. then I see where that post comes from). I have repeatedly asked you to explain why you thought I was lying, and if you didn’t think I was lying, then to not call me stupid. I don’t feel that I’ve been given a satisfactory answer for why someone who’s town would say these things.

And you’re now calling me scummy because I don’t think it’s funny that you called me either a liar or stupid and keep asking you to explain your post.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 449, Something_Smart wrote:I'm curious why you think that though, because ngl it feels like it could have been a TMI.
^
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

Also perhaps if you’re actually interested in “reaching out,” you could, like, not imply I’m being a hypocrite and instead maybe apologize
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

Oh wow.
I'm done with this interaction for now. :lol:
In post 412, UnaBombaH wrote:Hey hey hey hey, no need to feel insulted!
+
In post 412, UnaBombaH wrote:I honestly didn't want to be offensive in the slightest
If these didn't drive the point home to you from the get go, AND after I tried to rationally answer your points towards me..well.

I'm normally very eager to say I'm sorry and admit fault, but if I were to apologize to you now, it wouldn't be sincere.
I feel like you are trying to play the victim here, and almost "bully me" into apologizing.
Which makes it impossible for me to feel sorry for you at all.

Guess I'll try to censor my posts for PG-ratings from here on out.
But I really think you need a thicker skin for this world if I've really managed to insult you this badly.

Now let's stop making noise, and focus on the game.
We can talk this out afterwards if you really feel like it's necessary.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 398, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 224, lilith2013 wrote:Oh my GOD i missed the fucking stop AGAIN
No. Now I'm just calling bullshit.
Had I been around for the first one, I would've sympathized.
Now you're either lying or too dumb dumb to travel. :igmeou:
I really don’t think I’m overreacting. This doesn’t seem like it’s a joke to me at all. Snarky af, maybe. the smiley face is also “shady” and not “:lol:”

pedit: at this point I don’t care if you apologize. I do care that you’re dressing up your posts as if you’re being the bigger person so that you can remove yourself from what I think is an AI discussion, and I do care that I think you had ulterior motives in making this post calling me either a liar or stupid and I think those motivations are AI, and I do care that you still haven’t explained to me why you would call me a liar or stupid if you didn’t think those things were true.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 450, lilith2013 wrote:I don’t understand why you would make a post like that if you didn’t actually think I was lying or that I’m stupid (unless you’re scum. then I see where that post comes from). I have repeatedly asked you to explain why you thought I was lying, and if you didn’t think I was lying, then to not call me stupid. I don’t feel that I’ve been given a satisfactory answer for why someone who’s town would say these things.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 416, Something_Smart wrote:Aussie nerds
present.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 445, NorwegianboyEE wrote:This feels like TvT.
I'm thinking not s/s but the misunderstanding seems like, tonal enough that I don't really think either party is towny for defending their turf here. I agree una was probably trying to be jovial and worded it in a way which is unintentionally aggressive and I can see why Lilith read it that way.

I don't think this convo is AI and I think their indignance makes a lot of sense

What like..,...struck you as tvt
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 447, UnaBombaH wrote:I'm honestly baffled.
Did I REALLY come across that insulting? :?
And am I that bad at explaining my intentions / giving context that I really deserve this from lilith?

If so, I guess it's better I take a break for a few hours.
If not so, I guess it's better I still take a break while someone else tries to reason with her.
I think I've known you for too long; I knew you were aiming to be lighthearted/banterous but I can see how that came across jaggedly

+1 una emoji use is definitely just for illustration/exaggeration and is very much just the way he talks btw
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:55 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 448, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 445, NorwegianboyEE wrote:This feels like TvT.
It uh doesn't really feel alignment related to me? Like Una accidentally offended lilith, lilith got annoyed about it. Nothing in there about the color of either of their role PM's.
In post 449, Something_Smart wrote:I'm curious why you think that though, because ngl it feels like it could have been a TMI.
Have I told you lately that you are just wonderful
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It’s because of the temper on both sides.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I was arguing and being pissed off at Una in another game and we were both town. Granted, Una might still be scum since i think they act like this all the time. But i think it’s town indicative for Lillith.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by the worst »

hmm I've known una since my first game onsite and the man is an absolute sweetheart. he's liable to be spicy and sassy, and sometimes kind of comically snarky, but I have never known him to be bitchy or overtly rude - I can absolutely buy that he intended that post to be read banterously.

I've known Lilith for a few months and she is also an absolute sweetheart. I can emphatically vouch that she is not the type to intentionally or maliciously play something up to 'appear as the victim'; I also think a lot of emojis and loaded words like "stupid" can very easily be read and misread in varied ways and can absolutely see how she saw that and thought it was an antagonistic statement.

You are both amazing, and i can linearly trace the misunderstanding. I don't have a particularly strong read on either of you aorn and I don't think this tangent is alignment indicative.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I disagree with you heavily Worst. Emotions can be read as AI.

- Bunno
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 460, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Have you never seen scum feel like they're being argued with in bad faith & get fired up? That was like. a classic impasse argument over a misunderstanding. it would blow my mind if it wasn't within both of their scumranges to get annoyed at how that shook down.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 463, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I disagree with you heavily Worst. Emotions can be read as AI.
yes they can be but getting irritated at feeling misrepresented definitely transcends alignment

can you like.....throw me a couple of quotes which illustrate an increase in frustration for something which is not directly a misunderstanding from that exchange?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by the worst »

that is
literally
how 99% of arguments happen
ever
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Post by the worst »

actually most of them are in the uspol thread but I think my hyperbole adequately adds to how floored I am
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 464, the worst wrote:
In post 460, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Have you never seen scum feel like they're being argued with in bad faith & get fired up? That was like. a classic impasse argument over a misunderstanding. it would blow my mind if it wasn't within both of their scumranges to get annoyed at how that shook down.
Scum!them would bother with escalating an minor issue... why exactly? This is a completely pointless argument for scum to get caught up in, which shows it to be more indicative of a town mindset on both sides.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Scum and town would be irritated at getting scumread wrongly.
Mostly town would be irritated at feeling belittled/misrepresented.

Do you see where i’m going with this Worst?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m studying social science, trust me on this brah.

- Bunno
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by the worst »

again you are caught up on assuming this is a decision they made for alignment related reasons. this is a misunderstanding. they both felt personally offended. I emphatically do not see how whether or not they are aligned with the mafia plays into this.

like I think you're arguing along the lines of "guilty mindset posting" where scum would feel it is not their place to approach that kind of dialogue manipulatively, and therefore would just avoid the dialogue?

I'd argue very loudly that when in a mindset where you feel attacked personally (unfairly), anyone would tend to feel completely relieved of guilt because in that moment, the person who misunderstands or misrepresents you *should* be the guilty party

do you see what I'm saying at all
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 469, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Scum and town would be irritated at getting scumread wrongly.
Mostly town would be irritated at feeling belittled/misrepresented.

Do you see where i’m going with this Worst?
no, sorry. I think both of these players have strong enough personalities that their alignment should not play into how they perceive insults
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 470, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’m studying social science, trust me on this brah.
I'm studying mafia science. sheep me binchhhh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by the worst »

now I agree that scumbuddies probably don't exacerbate this argument because yelling @ each other loudly in a noisy thread with a lot of astute players is probably a Little Lot Intimidating. I think I can apply your logic at that level. but I do think the inherent guilt or apprehension associated with being Scum In The Game dissipates when you feel Attacked for OOG reasons.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”