Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Town looter »

Ok mostly caught up but there are a few sections I still haven't read properly (like 70-82ish I think).

Where my head is at after not paying any attention to Mafia for a while (this is my only game, so nothing doing during freeze) is I am fairly certain there are 1 or 2 experienced scum playing a "wreck havoc" strategy by lots of misinterpretation and OMGUS and keeping it confusing. Basically I am suggesting the opposite of Titus's theory is happening. Scum aren't waiting it out - they are creating havoc through activity and making D1 almost impossible.
In post 2382, Titus wrote:Namely, my theory is that town are going to town on each other and scum are waiting it out.
The problem here, though, is this strategy is being beautifully (from scum's POV) confounded with genuine misinterpretations and confusion.

This does support my Scum!Norwegian scenario, so I still think my vote there is ok, but it's not doing anything as I don't think anyone wants to eliminate them. It also moves my read of people like Nero, and more recently 72/Titus towards, er, the scum end of the spectrum.

As such I would be comfortable flipping anyone in [Norwegian, JV, Hiraki (previous reads), Titus, 72].
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 2470, Fwesnid wrote:"I voted him but he's not scummy" really sells a wagon.

VOTE: titus
I still scumread them.
Something about this really bugs me, but I think I have a SR bias on you Fwesnid for some reason.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Town looter »

Um.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: 72offsuit but probably willing to move to Titus (although I am pretty uncertain on that slot to be honest...)
signature
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

VOTE: 72
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

VOTE: norwwegian
i actually like this more
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2463, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 2460, Hiraki wrote:I think this is literally the towniest I've seen Titus in awhile. I agree with 2458 hard.

For everyone saying that 72 scumread ISK earlier, so what? He didn't say more than that. Now that he is, are you going to judge based on WHEN he SR or HOW he SR? I'd rather do the later.
Who is "everyone"?
i think bell started it and then nero joined in so i guess "everyone" is just me lazily not going back in checking, like i'm doing right now. there are 100% people who said it
In post 2467, 72offsuit wrote:I really dont understand the resistance to the IKSF wagon.
I think thats telling in its own right.
two posts before this one
In post 2464, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 2426, Nero Cain wrote:best page top ever?
2 days to deadline and your vote is solo on a dead wagon.
im pretty sure this is scum being wrong rather than town being wrong fwiw
In post 2473, JacksonVirgo wrote:Alright so. NPower, SiteFlake, superbowl all scum for naked voting.
??????????????????????
In post 2475, Town looter wrote:As such I would be comfortable flipping anyone in [Norwegian, JV, Hiraki (previous reads), Titus, 72].
you literally just have the top wagons and me in your flip list

ok
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Bell »

Virgo has a pet peeve about blind votes or votes given without an explanation. I guess he wants people to empty vote and empty quote whoever prompted the wagon or give their own reasons.
Which makes some sense. I think it would be easier and more townie just to ask each one why they voted than just to say stuff at them, but eh.
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Town looter »

Just read pages 70-83, and I would add A50 to the list of people who could be actively confusing the thread (although I do get a fairly strong gut TR on them).

JV looked decently towny during this phase as well. Probably move them out of my flip pool for now.
signature
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Glitch »

That Titus wagon grew grossly fast because scum jumped at the opportunity. And we should take this chance to stop letting scum sheep into an east wagon and all vote Norway.

If this Norway wagon won't pick up I'll join the 72 wagon after the back and forth with Titus. I'll hammer out the details soon with a case but hopefully we just can build this Norway wagon.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

Where is a50
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i too am vibing with a norway wagon right now. my vote was a good one.

stay strong town, let not this scum inflitrate our ranks.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

if the norway wagon happens and flips town we are lynching off of that wagon, no questions asked.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2475, Town looter wrote:It also moves my read of people
like Nero
, and more recently 72/Titus towards, er,
the scum end of the spectrum
ah more OMGUS
In post 2480, Hiraki wrote:im pretty sure this is scum being wrong rather than town being wrong fwiw
Am I scum for any particular reason or is this just OMGUS b/c I questioned Norways town read on you?

in fairness to myself, there WAS an a50 wagon but I guess it just went away and the guy literally wanted me to join his wagon. I'm active and here so I can change my vote as needed. There's a big difference between my vote and the vote of say someone like Glitch that only posts once every blue moon. Not recognizing that difference is very ignorant.

Also, that point is either going
WAY
over your head or you are sorta intentionally misrepping the situation. 72 scum reading IKS matters b/c it explains why he reacted the way he did and Titus not knowing that explains why she reacted the way she did.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

VOTE: Titus

not all that convinced that this is scum but there's some iffy things there and if town she wouldn't be all that helpful

scum is prob in

glitch
town looter
hiraki
yd
stan
iks

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

You're acting like glitch is doing nothing when he's doing way more than I am
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

Weird list too
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2487, Nero Cain wrote:Am I scum for any particular reason or is this just OMGUS b/c I questioned Norways town read on you?
i didn't call you scum, the posts were calling out 72. how did you get this mixed up?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2489, DrDolittle wrote:You're acting like glitch is doing nothing when he's doing way more than I am
how do you know Glitch is doing anything if you haven't read?

Also, he's really not.

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Hiraki »

like maybe it's late for you but the whole point of those two posts is that 72 is telling you that you're on a dead wagon and you should consolidate but then
two
three posts before that one, 72 is then wondering why his vote, which is still on ISK, isn't gaining any traction as if there's nothing else going on at the moment

i think you've done this multiple times with my posts too though which is why i'm weirded out. i'm still pretty sure you flip town here but cmon, head in the game
In post 2467, 72offsuit wrote:I really dont understand the resistance to the IKSF wagon.

His posts are scummy.

He has been on all the biggest wagons:
Glitch, Fwesnid, Titus, myself.
His intent looks like its to get any miskick.
72 comments in 2467 that ISK is scummy and that he isn't sure why the wagon isn't going up

three posts later (originally said 2 but that's a clear error)
we get this which means that he's aware of the situation and almost psuedo-grandstanding at this point about ISK which is also a dead wagon

it doesn't smell like townie thinking to me man
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2491, Hiraki wrote:
In post 2487, Nero Cain wrote:Am I scum for any particular reason or is this just OMGUS b/c I questioned Norways town read on you?
i didn't call you scum, the posts were calling out 72. how did you get this mixed up?
Well, he wasn't calling me scum so what was he "wrong" about?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, if your whole point was 72 was being a hypocrite then fine but "im pretty sure this is scum being wrong rather than town being wrong fwiw" seems like an odd way to state that.

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Hiraki »

there's a valid case to make that 72 did it out of ignorance rather than somewhat intentionally
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 2493, Hiraki wrote:like maybe it's late for you but the whole point of those two posts is that 72 is telling you that you're on a dead wagon and you should consolidate but then
two
three posts before that one, 72 is then wondering why his vote, which is still on ISK, isn't gaining any traction as if there's nothing else going on at the moment

i think you've done this multiple times with my posts too though which is why i'm weirded out. i'm still pretty sure you flip town here but cmon, head in the game

His posts are scummy.

He has been on all the biggest wagons:
Glitch, Fwesnid, Titus, myself.
His intent looks like its to get any miskick.
72 comments in 2467 that ISK is scummy and that he isn't sure why the wagon isn't going up

three posts later (originally said 2 but that's a clear error)
we get this which means that he's aware of the situation and almost psuedo-grandstanding at this point about ISK which is also a dead wagon

it doesn't smell like townie thinking to me man
Nice try at shading me. Titus also had no wagon and look where they are at now. Your argument is garbage.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ugh.

His point is that you were sitting on a vanity wagon while calling me out on unintentionally stitting on a vanity wagon. I say unintentionally b/c there was a a50 wagon so @ the time I voted it was NOT a vanity vote. Its a decent point. However, I still feel like the words Hiraki choose to communicate that were dumb.

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

People who say ugh are usually town.

Hi my name is drdolittle and this is my pocket tell

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”