She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1396, Bell wrote:My case on MT is fairly simple.
To me it looks like she positioned herself last day phase.
I'm also seeing stuff I might do as scum that she's doing in her chat with Tea to get him pocketed.
:L

I said I couldn't decide on Gamma but I would have voted him if it got down to it, i think i mentioned that yesterday. I didn't really get down to finding him super scummy, like at first I was like "ohoho he's snap reacting to accusing the people pushing him", but then i was like "oh no town does that too". But I'd have voted him over Ydrasse and tea leaves definitely because that's not an active townread, that's just finding that particular thing NAI

If this were like a Hectic game that does like hammer flavour, I'd have stolen the hammer. Well, I was in a really unfortunate mood that impacted my readthrough so probably not EoD but under normal circumstances i might have decided to steal it

...is this a "keep Gamma's blood off of my wings" kind of thing actually or am i misinterpreting?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1394, Isis wrote:Bell posts a lot of vague solviness but I don't remember much that's like "wow this is town". And his townread on tealeaves is really weird.

Farren kind of treads the hard to fake territory more often as far as I can tell. If he actually has the track record of being bad at scum he says he does all the better
Could you point me to a a hard to fake post or two if you can? There are things I liked in Farren's ISO but not as much as some others i checked
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Bell »

Yes and no, it was more that you seemed to have no scum reads at all. So, “keep everybody's blood off my wings” would be more accurate. Or perhaps better said, “keep everybody happy with me.”

I think you would have voted him if it got down to it as either alignment. :? Not sure what your point is there.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player
Farren
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 1392, Isis wrote:MEMES
No.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1402, Bell wrote:Yes and no, it was more that you seemed to have no scum reads at all. So, “keep everybody's blood off my wings” would be more accurate. Or perhaps better said, “keep everybody happy with me.”

I think you would have voted him if it got down to it as either alignment. :? Not sure what your point is there.
Ah okay. You might need more than that for your wagon to gain traction with people I've played with in the past, because I have a certain tendency to do that about 1/2 - 2/3rds the time as town, and I don't think i did it in my scum games. lemme think..

I think in mini 2132 I decently knew who I needed to be suspecting in order to win (LuckyLuciano's elimination comes to mind, I got quite sloppy making up reasons to doubt him), and in Zoey's I actually took more of an approach like "suspect everyone except this one person who i think obvtowned the most, maybe try to pocket them " (since i replaced into a Xylo)

The problem is i feel bad pushing people who I don't think have a somewhat decent chance of being scum, or if i can't give a good reason. And I'm bad at finding reasons to suspect people but very good at finding reasons to trust them

However! The last game we played together was why gun, one of the games where I was abnormally right because scum didn't do much to make themselves appear townie. So townreading everybody and eliminating the rest worked great. Pork I felt said a lot of ridiculous things that made it very easy to justify my suspicions of him, Tipsy played much differently than I had seen them play in a previous game, and Norwe was mostly not present

So if you're approaching me with that as your frame of reference, then yea, this is new but much closer to my normal play. When scum play well I'm left with this situation where everyone passes the baseline "seems townie" check and I'm unsure where to start. I find that I usually just look for the people who are the most towniest, and then execute the rest who are still towny but I don't have as hard a reason for.

You did mention metaing me earlier so maybe you've already reached your conclusions about me but there's my take on it for u anyway (・ω・)
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Farren
He/Him

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 1394, Isis wrote:Bell posts a lot of vague solviness but I don't remember much that's like "wow this is town". And his townread on tealeaves is really weird.

Farren kind of treads the hard to fake territory more often as far as I can tell. If he actually has the track record of being bad at scum he says he does all the better
To elaborate:

My track record *here* as scum is garbage. One game - a loss - scum taken out D1/D2 with me going first.

My track record offsite is ... well, better than that, but it'd be kinda hard *not* to be better than that? Taking a brief look at the ten most recent, I'm running about 50/50. Some of those were as Auxes (closest equivalent here is Traitor, I think - they win with scum but they're not part of the scumteam), but even with the wins I'm dead before game-end more often than not. Out of seven games since I started playing again where I was part of the scumteam or could promote to full-fledged scum, I survived one. And that one was crazy.

I don't know how it's relevant to being genuine, though?
Mish-Mash Janitor

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Bell »

It’s not really the same.
Here you’re keeping people happy while in whygun regardless of what your reads were, you were in their face and solving with, for lack of a better word, alacrity. Here you seem more methodical and removed. Something I suspect you’re aware of given your live Mt session with tea leaves.

I think for some inner perspective here on my attitude after messing up on gamma. I think it’s important to just pick yourself up and keep trying to push your scum reads while making extra double sure you listen to everyone else’s POV and seriously consider Sheeping them if you think they have a good case. I’m just mentioning this because I don’t want to seem arrogant or I don’t feel properly embarrassed that I didn't hit scum.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I felt like talking to tea leaves cause they mentioned me (;ω;)

Idk, keeping people happy/being agreeable is not a trait specific to my scum play. I only got in Pork and whoever elses faces because I felt they were scummy, not because I have a tendency to do that only as town.

Maybe i am being more methodical and removed. which sucks because that's probably the tone I tend to shift to when I'm not enjoying the game as much. It's not anything wrong with this game in particular though I'm just a bit stressed out atm and I'm not sinking time to do rereads, and when I don't do that I don't feel justified calling people scum
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Farren
He/Him

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Farren »

So that was a case of confidence, then?
Mish-Mash Janitor

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Bell »

This is really tough. :?
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Farren
He/Him

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by Farren »

Maybe I should be approaching this from more of a world-building perspective. I'm getting nowhere right now.

Let's assume tea leaves is Town. See if it leads to a world that makes sense.

I'm Town. tea leaves is Town. I'm still banking on Town|Bell. Gamma's a treestump; Dunnstral's Firefighter.

Isis / MT / Ydrasse / GuiltyLion remain. Is there a two-scum pool in there that makes sense?

Isis / MT. Cross-voting: Menalque votes MT during RVS, lasts for 9 posts before switching to Ydrasse. Isis votes MT 410, no immediate reason given but later mentions 342 as scummy. Switches off 457. Interaction: some early Menalque / MT interaction. Doesn't feel s/s? Reads: Menalque TRs MT 159. Isis replaces in ... 269, MT TRs Menalque; replacement's happened by then but Isis hasn't done anything substantive yet, so OK. 297 really does not feel like s/s. 346 - Isis demonstrates prescience, which is totally irrelevant but amusing. 347 is shiny and a distraction - focus. 498 mT analyzes Isis with meta, concludes town|Isis based on difference between here and Purgatory (scum|Isis in that game). Described Isis in that game as "80-90% fluff," "one-liner questions," and one or two wallposts. And now this is all mixed up, but who cares. Legibility is for the weak. 552: Isis wants to townbucket the bat. Big split between Isis/MT on tea leaves - MT TR, Isis SR.

yeah, think I'm done reading that. That does not look s/s to me.

this is not going to get done before I go to bed tonight. So I'm posting this mostly to give me incentive to FOCUS damn it and finish it when I'm more conscious.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I feel like I’m not gonna be very useful going forward :/
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:21 am

Post by tea leaves »

Why are you voting Hobbes with me if you agree, Morning?
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:21 am

Post by tea leaves »

*aren't you
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:21 am

Post by tea leaves »

In post 1411, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like I’m not gonna be very useful going forward :/
Are you still reading?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1401, Morning Tweet wrote:

Could you point me to a a hard to fake post or two if you can? There are things I liked in Farren's ISO but not as much as some others i checked
Am I allowed to use :shifty:
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:57 am

Post by Isis »

Happy birthday to Ydrasse
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1415, Isis wrote: Am I allowed to use :shifty:
No.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Isis »

Do you scumread Farren, Bell?
"Well, I..."
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Bell »

I need one of Ydrasse, GL, Farren, MT to raise their hands real high and announce they're town to PoE to victory.

@Isis, I don't really know.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Isis »

Farren is town
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Isis »

don't make me do things
"Well, I..."
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Bell »

Great, let's go down the list and hope we didn't fuck up.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1414, tea leaves wrote:
In post 1411, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like I’m not gonna be very useful going forward :/
Are you still reading?
I will but I haven’t done so yet
Don’t hold me to anything though, if I’m not an active player with solid impact in a game my interest goes down remarkably
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Farren
He/Him

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Farren »

You're conftown. Please don't willingly waste that.

Dunnstral, that goes to you too.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Return to “Completed Open Games”