UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:14 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1573, the worst wrote:oh dude this is wild
I wondered whether una would drop Sirius as a scumpartner here and then thought about it and decided maybe not
I enjoy the fact you thought of bussing as well
Oh man, I really love you guys - you really get me! :oops:

And to everyone else - this and my previous response to S_S saying this -
I HAVE NO TROUBLE ADMITTING THAT SCUM!UNA WOULD BUS SOMEONE LIKE SCUM!SIRIUS HERE MERCILESSLY.
:lol:
I'm not normally ~advocating~ for busses on teammates, but damn if one of my scummates would ever play like Sirius is playing here..no regrets, no hesitation.

Self-meta, I know. :igmeou:
But let's just say it would be unfortunate for me if Sirius DOES flip scum here, while it would obviously be better for the rest of us. :lol:
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:21 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1574, Something_Smart wrote:Una why do you call the duck BuDucky

My curiosity has gotten the better of me
I guess TW has always been the social butterfly and the super-likeable awesome dude that he is, but before he was very well known, I was a part of his "newbie-process" so to speak. We had good newbie-games, and I immediately took a liking to him.
So when he adopted that Ducky-avatar that he sort of became famous for, I just started to call him BuDucky.
Guess it was something like Buddy-Ducky or whatever silly, but I sort of like the fact that I can call him that. Makes me feel nostalgic. (although it hasn't been THAT long still) :oops:

I think it was TW and Ausuka (who was in MY first game on site as MarioManiac4) who gave me a bunch of nicknames in the sitechat, including "Venusaurs ass" ( :facepalm: :facepalm: ), and I feel like nicknames are a good way to show affection and to appreciate bonds between players. :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:24 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Oh, and regarding yourself S_S.
I'm rather confused how much I've actually played with you, because I remember people better from their avatars.

Like for example, I sort of think I remember you the best from having an avatar of Saturnus (or some other planet with the rings?) and maybe even better for an avatar before that (if there ever was one? Something do with two S's?)
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:28 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1576, Something_Smart wrote:My point was less that bussing was possible (it sure is) and more that that being S -> T was unlikely.
Yea, that as well tbh.
I have no trouble admitting as town that I just want the slot gone before LyLo, while as scum I wouldn't give a rats ass what happens with the slot.
Getting it to LyLo would probably be a bonus for scum, but going for it D1 wouldn't be a problem either.

I'd honestly go to LyLo a day earlier because we'd mislynch someone like Sirius who has done literally NOTHING useful, than have that same slot in a 3-player LyLo and basically holding the hammer.
If someone thinks I'm scum for it, I feel bad for their naive view of things. :(
Town is often too afraid to mislynch bad/super_inactive slots early, and then they are a burden lategame when you need cohesion and slots that actually work.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Something_Smart »

If I remember correctly, my avatar progression was Saturn -> pixellated map -> Fix-It Felix -> Foo Fighters album cover (gray and yellow with two F's, probably what you were thinking of) -> Saturn again -> Muse album cover (yellow with field-goal thingies) -> Azelf.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
TheFourEyedDude
TheFourEyedDude
Goon
TheFourEyedDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:50 am

Post by TheFourEyedDude »

The mafia will not suddenly take pity on us and remove Sirius from the game if his play is like this over the course of the entire game.
In post 1654, Something_Smart wrote:Foo Fighters album cover (gray and yellow with two F's, probably what you were thinking of)
Concrete and Gold
Something_Smart wrote:Muse album cover (yellow with field-goal thingies)
Origin of Symmetry?

BULLY!
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:01 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1580, Nepenthes wrote:Reads on me billy and norwee would be helpful
I guess my top scumreads are currently wrestling a little with each other, but I can actually see them both being true at the same time as well.
It's between
you (Nep)
and
Liverpool (billy, right?)

I mean, it's still ~just~ D1, but I feel like I've had a good crash-course for those reads to mature while I've done my catchup.
In most of my best towngames I've been playing a lot of catchup, and somehow found my best reads while doing them.
It's obviously a different thing to push those lynches through, and rarely have I been 3/3 or even 2/3 with my initial reads, but I think it's even more rare for me to go 0/3. :lol:

Arguments can be made for either of you just having a difficult time explaining yourselves to the rest of the game, but I guess there's another PoV that I sort of "arrived at" during my catchup.
I RARELY HAVE THIS MANY TOWNREADS DURING D1
that I actually feel good about.
* I do not think
TW
has been pulling the wool over my eyes this game (if you have, kudos to you and FU from Finland with love, as well).
* I think
saudade
is almost absurdly obv.town this game.
* My read on
lilith
started on the lower side of null, and while I still think some of their lines of questioning have been a bit "overboard", I think I've managed to catch their playstyle, and understand the need for those questions a lot better as well. Meaning that it feels like a strong-ish read right now, because I feel like it has grown throughout these past 60+ pages instead of just being one sudden realization.

The slots I'm most 50/50 about - and not because they haven't done anything - are
Norweg
and
S_S
, I think.
Both for similar reasons as well.
I think the level and quantity of their content hasn't been consistent with what I was expecting from them, and I think they both have had their share of good interactions as well.
I'm not that familiar with Norweg so I'm relying a lot on just chasing logical chains, and currently I don't feel like there has been too much there (?) to push them too far on the either side of "really not sure".
S_S is feeling closer to a townlean than a scumlean, but it's based somewhat on TWs read on them (I trust their ability to sort the slot), and the fact that I really like their short, sharp observations. :]

Which actually leads me to my "problem group". (#problem_group, #policy_lynches_and_scummy_lurkers)
innoV, FourEyes, Sirius, Zombie-roleplayer, Charmeleon

^^all five of these slots are somewhere in the murky area to me right now, and I either have to try and salvage a read from them during D2, or just accept the fact that they are null until roped. :]
* IV is slightly on the townier and more active side (I guess?) based on their earlier content, but at the same time it could just be a nervous "noob!scum". Dunno. :?
* FourEyes would probably be a stronger read for me, but I only just realized at the end of my catchup that
A) they sort of disappeared from all of the interactions around the time most of my reads on others started to take shape
B) TW pointed out that they DID have a tone and theme to their posting as well, and it might've affected my read earlier. I need to work on this read, but it's probably going to be D2 for me.
* Sirius is the worst of this bunch, and needs rope today unless they are replaced or a magical resurgence happens immediately. Like overnight.
* Zombie-RP has a gimmick that they seem to be fairly committed to, and while I appreciate that in theory, I hate the fact that I'm unable to read them and actually understand them. :lol:
* Charmeleon started out very scummy to me, but after my catchup I find it difficult to scumread even their earlier posts. However, the way they have sort of "vanished" from the main-conversation afterwards makes me a little worried. It fits too well with a scumster "getting out of the spotlight" and then taking a breather on top of that.

Sorry if it looks messy, I tried to keep my thoughts organized while just writing my thoughts away. :facepalm:
Slight formatting and bolding added in the end for the people who can't find it within themselves to read everything.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:06 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1599, Zombie Apocalypse wrote:should read posts
Wait what is happening?
In post 1600, Zombie Apocalypse wrote:as a collective while reading through that is the feeling I got
Did it break? :o
In post 1601, Zombie Apocalypse wrote:from the early 50s in your iso
Is break - someone call assistance! :eek:
In post 1604, Zombie Apocalypse wrote:
In post 1602, lilith2013 wrote:... that's... that's how he always sounds
Really? huh. Not how I remember him
..still no idea who this is though. :lol:
Now I'm just more intrigued, because apparently they aren't exactly new to the site. :shifty:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
TheFourEyedDude
TheFourEyedDude
Goon
TheFourEyedDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:10 am

Would it help you if you knew, or do you not really care, Una?
TheFourEyedDude
TheFourEyedDude
Goon
TheFourEyedDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:11 am

In post 1656, UnaBombaH wrote:* FourEyes would probably be a stronger read for me, but I only just realized at the end of my catchup that
A) they sort of disappeared from all of the interactions around the time most of my reads on others started to take shape
B) TW pointed out that they DID have a tone and theme to their posting as well, and it might've affected my read earlier. I need to work on this read, but it's probably going to be D2 for me.
I was VLA this weekend, sir.

We'll need a boxing match for this one!

I'll see you in the ring!
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:14 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1629, NorwegianboyEE wrote:This is a dumb wagon imo. I've seen a couple slots like this, and they are almost always town.
I'll be obnoxious and self-quote something relevant to this I just wrote.
In post 1653, UnaBombaH wrote:I'd honestly go to LyLo a day earlier because we'd mislynch someone like Sirius who has done literally NOTHING useful, than have that same slot in a 3-player LyLo and basically holding the hammer.
I think saying "sirius is more likely to be town" is a bit of a stretch because they have done NOTHING. Doing NOTHING, vs doing something poorly are two very different things.
They are either scum who don't feel like playing the game, or they are town and don't feel like playing the game. And that's that.
And consider this - no matter their alignment, scum are not going to kill them during a night-phase. Never. Why would they? :lol:
So I say we get rid of all the potential WIFOM and paranoia scumgans could use and sow in the later parts of the game NOW, instead of potentially finding us in this same situation a few days later.
In MY experience that's the point where town always loses, because we have "actually scummy" players to lynch, but this one lynchbait-no_use-slot is taking a spot in the upcoming LyLo.. :igmeou:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
TheFourEyedDude
TheFourEyedDude
Goon
TheFourEyedDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:15 am

In post 1660, UnaBombaH wrote:And consider this - no matter their alignment, scum are not going to kill them during a night-phase. Never. Why would they?
Stealing my ideas now to pass off as your own!

The ring awaits!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:16 am

In post 1655, TheFourEyedDude wrote:
In post 1654, Something_Smart wrote:Foo Fighters album cover (gray and yellow with two F's, probably what you were thinking of)
Concrete and Gold
Something_Smart wrote:Muse album cover (yellow with field-goal thingies)
Origin of Symmetry?
Correct on both counts. Both great albums!
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:17 am

Stop ribbing at Zombie for breaking the roleplay. It's making it much easier for him to actually contribute.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:17 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1639, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Scum usually puts in at least a miniscule amount of effort not to be scumread.
I think this is biased.
I've played with a slot that basically always replaced out or got themselves lynched on purpose D1 whenever they rolled scum. (ThinkBig? sorry if I'm being inaccurate)
Not all of us prefer scum to town, or feel the pressure of "letting your team down" or whatever pushes you to do "at least a miniscule amount of effort". :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:29 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1654, Something_Smart wrote:If I remember correctly, my avatar progression was Saturn -> pixellated map
I think I was around for the globe/map actually, yeah! :]
In post 1655, TheFourEyedDude wrote:The mafia will not suddenly take pity on us and remove Sirius from the game if his play is like this over the course of the entire game.
Exactomundo!
In post 1658, TheFourEyedDude wrote:Would it help you if you knew, or do you not really care, Una?
Knew what? Care about what? :shifty:
In post 1659, TheFourEyedDude wrote:I was VLA this weekend, sir.

We'll need a boxing match for this one!

I'll see you in the ring!
Yeah, I'm not scumreading you for not being around.
I'm just saying that my read on you hasn't been able to evolve amongst and in conjunction with most of the other reads, and therefore I don't feel good about sorting you in a more definite manner yet.
I am adept at the sport of fisticuffs though.. :nerd:
In post 1661, TheFourEyedDude wrote:Stealing my ideas now to pass off as your own!

The ring awaits!
I've been living in two different times and dimensions during this game...what you perceive as an original idea of your own, might've been a seed planted by me in a different time, before you ever even ousted yours! The order in which we put our thoughts to these same words do not matter - the idea was a shared effort nontheless.

I do like boxing though. :nerd:
In post 1663, Something_Smart wrote:Stop ribbing at Zombie for breaking the roleplay. It's making it much easier for him to actually contribute.
Heyheyhey, don't get me wrong.
I just want people to do what they feel good doing.
But they have been so consistant with their flavor and clearly put in a lot of effort doing it, so the difference is obviously drastic.

The "normal" posting is easier for me to understand as well, so absolutely no problems here. :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
TheFourEyedDude
TheFourEyedDude
Goon
TheFourEyedDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:33 am

Care about the illusive identity of Zombie Apocalypse!
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:38 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I'm super curious, but I'm also super tired. :lol:
But I'm also super pumped about this game now that I feel good about my read on Saud and TW.

I think I have like two things I'm going to do this game.
And I think town!TW might be the thing I need to accomplish one of them. Saudade the other.
But I'm also like SUPER tired and need to go and sleep NOW.

Good night everyone! :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:38 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Finding out Zombie Apocalypse's main actually kills my read on their slot a bit. I'm not sure what to think about them now.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:42 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Please answer me this before I wake up BuDucky - do you still think/agree that Saudade is almost certainly town? :?
And what do you think about their melancholic views of what's to come? (if you can catch my thought without being overtly provocative and verbose about it)
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:44 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1669, UnaBombaH wrote:if you can catch my thought without being overtly provocative and verbose about it
No, do it.
It’s fun to provocate Una.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:02 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1629, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1550, TheFourEyedDude wrote:VOTE: Sirius

I tend to agree with Unah on this issue. I don't think we will ever get content from the slot, so, town or scum, it is a net town benefit to eliminate.
In post 1551, the worst wrote:
In post 1547, UnaBombaH wrote:That last part I bolded...DANGEROUS. I know that feeling, but I do not want you to stay there if you're town.
I already have some murky thoughts about how this game might pan out..
never do

VOTE: Sirius
#siriusvote
#thirdonthewagon
yeeet
This is a dumb wagon imo. I've seen a couple slots like this, and they are almost always town. Active lurking is a really risky strategy, so i'm quite worried he might just be an awful newb. And having that as a D1 lynch and it flipping town is... not satisfactory to say the least.
I'm happy with Lilith's vote
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:05 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1645, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1643, Zombie Apocalypse wrote:My alts rarely last a day before I alt slip.
I think everyone for whom the alt slip will be meaningful already knows who you are lol
<== Still has no idea but is enjoying the gimmick when it happens
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:08 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1654, Something_Smart wrote:If I remember correctly, my avatar progression was Saturn -> pixellated map -> Fix-It Felix -> Foo Fighters album cover (gray and yellow with two F's, probably what you were thinking of) -> Saturn again -> Muse album cover (yellow with field-goal thingies) -> Azelf.
hey I know those albums
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:09 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1656, UnaBombaH wrote:* I do not think TW has been pulling the wool over my eyes this game (if you have, kudos to you and FU from Finland with love, as well).
thank u

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”