Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 274, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Caster, what are your thoughts on Avenger's ?
It's fine, I guess? I am slightly dubious anyone would've actually thought about whether other players had a seemingly innocuous role PM element.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:36 am

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count M-2

Avenger (3): Avenger, Lancer, Beast
Assassin (2): Archer, Foreigner
Rider (1): Rider
Alter Ego (1): Saber

Phase Page Count: 12/60

With 14 servants alive, it takes 8 votes to lock in a master. Otherwise, a master will be selected by plurality rules in: (expired on 2020-09-07 21:23:37)
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

Servant Caster wrote:
In post 274, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Caster, what are your thoughts on Avenger's ?
It's fine, I guess? I am slightly dubious anyone would've actually thought about whether other players had a seemingly innocuous role PM element.
Last night I got a decent townvibe from the post. This morning, it doesn't sing that tune so strongly to me. Not sure why.

This is a not very organized brain dump.

Rider and Foreigner are my strongest town reads. I dunno if others will agree on Rider, they haven't been discussed all that much so far although players have interacted with them -- mostly via Rider's initiative. The vibes I get from their posts are engaged, curious, self-assured and enjoying the game. None of which are necessarily town-only attitudes, but the mix feels town to me. Add that he's poking at things, but not trying to shape a narrative and that pretty much seals it for now.

Next tier is Caster. I like the way he defends his reads without going overboard or expressing assurance on reads that don't have sufficient basis for stronger stances.

I like the little flares of cynicism from Lancer and I think I just like them as a fellow-inhabitant of the game. Alignment wise I'm not at a solid townread. I feel similarly about Archer and Avenger - they are contributing to my enjoyment of the game. There are townflashes in their posts, but they're not strong townreads.

I feel like Assassin came out a little the better in the interaction with Lancer, though the initial posts didn't do much for me. This is also a lean town. Maybe a little stronger than Archer/Avenger based on that conflict.

Saber ran into flack over how they're approaching choosing who to master-upgrade. I don't really like the approach, but I do like that he sticks with it despite getting flack.

Beast is null. A vote without engagement is meh. 259 and 265 do feel slightly town, and I like that they engaged with Rider's questions. Sometimes 7 posts is enough to form a strong opinion. It's going to take more than that here.

Last night, I realized I was responding to Moon Cancer like their suspicion of me is coming from town. This morning, I'm not trusting that instinctual reaction so much. I'm sitting on a null town take.

My opinion of Berserker hasn't really changed, but since his last posts, other players have put down data and the thread and some now look more town than Berserker on that basis. I should reread them more closely today.

So:

(Rider, Foreigner}
{Caster}
{Assassin}
------------------
{Archer, Avenger, Berserker}
{Lancer, Saber}
{Beast, Moon Cancer)

Rider would be my first choice to give the master upgrade if they wanted it. The dashed line indicates where I draw the line for the upgrade vote.

It looks llke we have 2 players who haven't posted yet, so I'm sharing this game with at least 2 scum. I'm more of a townhunter by inclination, so I'm happy the first decision we need to make involves townreads.

As far as my own interest in the upgrade, I'm meh. I like being confirmed town when it happens in a game, but it messes with how I form reads on other players. And, I'm not feeling super leadery so far, which means I'd probably be trying to work toward consensus rather than set direction. I'd like someone who can lead well and whose read-process I trust to have the upgrade.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:50 am

I should also say that although Foreigner is a strong townread, they really don't belong above the line due to the way they keep veering into fishing territory.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:05 am

Post by Servant Avenger »

Disagree on assassin, rider.
I do think rider, archer want the votes.
Assassin isn’t objecting to them.

Watching caster.

We’re missing shielder and ruler.

I think we can do better on reading moon cancer if we wanted to put the effort in.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:19 am

Post by Servant Caster »

Are you watching me when I'm sleeping? I don't know why this keeps happening to me.

Honestly, I just want to king Foreigner whether he likes it or not and call it a day. I don't feel confident enough about anything else. VOTE: Foreigner
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:22 am

I want to get the master power and think I can pull it off before we reach the 60 page limit.

@Caster You’re looking good to me so far!
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Servant Archer »

No scumreads yet Alter Ego?
In post 279, Servant Avenger wrote:I do think rider, archer want the votes.
Assassin isn’t objecting to them.
This isn't even true, and it's quite ironic too.
In post 280, Servant Caster wrote: Honestly, I just want to king Foreigner whether he likes it or not and call it a day. I don't feel confident enough about anything else. VOTE: Foreigner
I am fine with this vote, but I don't think your sense of urgency reads natural.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:27 am

I don’t feel a sense of urgency from that post. On the bright side, caster can respond to you because you decided to post that so soon after he got here.

It won’t poke at why that isn’t true. But think you might be using the word irony wrong.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 282, Servant Archer wrote:I am fine with this vote, but I don't think your sense of urgency reads natural.
I don't have any objections to that actually, I don't know why I phrased it like we have to decide now. Maybe something to do with seeing a VC.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Servant Archer »

Ok, I think premature was a better word.
In post 255, Servant Saber wrote:I feel like they have the worst
signal-to-noise ratios
so far.
What does this even mean?
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 283, Servant Avenger wrote:It won’t poke at why that isn’t true. But think you might be using the word irony wrong.
Seemed like you were shading us for "wanting the vote" while you have probably been the most blatant about it maybe next to Berserker. That's irony right?
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 281, Servant Avenger wrote:I want to get the master power and think I can pull it off before we reach the 60 page limit.

@Caster You’re looking good to me so far!
If anyone but me were in this post, I'd ask if it was meant for the scum PT.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:39 am

In post 286, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 283, Servant Avenger wrote:It won’t poke at why that isn’t true. But think you might be using the word irony wrong.
Seemed like you were shading us for "wanting the vote" while you have probably been the most blatant about it maybe next to Berserker. That's irony right?
I don’t know if you’re scum. It’s like a reverse OMGUS, normally I would suspect you for voting me, here’s it’s the exact opposite.

the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

If I said I didn’t want the vote but I really did it would be ironic, as would me saying I really wanted it when I don’t.

@Caster lmao, you’re right.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:05 am

In post 282, Servant Archer wrote:No scumreads yet Alter Ego?
Developing scumreads is not where my focus is atm. Like I said, by nature I approach games via Townread/POE. I think my POE is pretty clear in my list.

@Avenger, re Rider's interest level in the upgrade, you may be right on reread. The post doesn't sound like quite as much of a repudiation as I thought last night. It sounds like a similar level of disinterest to what I have.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Servant Saber »

UNVOTE: Alter Ego
VOTE: Caster

Seems like this stands a better chance of gaining traction if AE isn't particularly interested. I don't really think that someone simply not wanting Master status should warrant not giving it to them, but if there are other gameplay factors to consider, then that changes things. Other people generally seem to like Caster, so I'm perfectly happy to meet them there.

@Archer : It basically means saying a lot without actually
saying
a lot. To me, all three of you said a lot of things that could've been left out without much/any content loss and unnecessarily inflated the thread "volume" as a result. In your case in particular, quote stripes also make my eyes glaze over and are a reasonable tactic for instilling a lack of desire to read and re-read the thread, which pairs well with artificial thread inflation.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Servant Berserker »

Today sucked. I'm not posting today. I'll post tomorrow.

Also, I'm a she. I know this game is "THEY" for anonymous but, since everyone just calls me "he" anyway, I'm a she. Thanks in advance.
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Servant Ruler »

Your Ruler has finally arrived, if only in time to pass the throne.

VOTE: Berserker

This should not even be in question imo. #77 is wrong about Cabd and the loophole. Cabd
has already
left a loophole. None of us were given any reason to think the master-making ability was shared. I didn't assume I was the most powerful role in the game, but I absolutely did not expect it to be shared.
It is also not in the sample role PM in the OP.
The only way for scum to get the information is for Cabd to go out of their way to give it to them while letting town figure it out for themselves. This is a much more obvious scum auto-clear and would be nonsensical.

tl;dr: Cabd already made a mistake. This game was a race to reveal who knew it first. Scum knowing it before town would be ??? puzzling given that it's not in the town sample PM. Berserker should be the vote for the day.
In post 94, Servant Foreigner wrote:You said I missed posts in the thread, yes I did.
You said that comes from scum, I said oh well it doesn't?

What do you want out of me, it's an absurdly basic case based on a mistake I very clearly made and can't deny.
I think that's the exact kind of case scum love to jump on, you ignored my reply to you saying it's OMGUS?
I think the issue with you is much deeper than you're making it out to be here and in your posts afterwards. Your posts page 1/2 implied that you read your role and thought about how exactly it fit into the setup, and how you should play the game given your own specific powers in mind. Missing a section of your Noble Phantasm entirely does not really seem plausible given this. Even when you reluctantly own up to a mistake, you're jumping down Berserker's throat with "scum
love
to do this". Sure, if you're town you're a free mislynch worth pushing as scum, but on the other hand you appear to be the opposite: a free scum lynch. In my mind and experience I very clearly see why town autolynches you here.

I haven't had time to read the last few pages so this is kind of a prod dodge to tell you the truth, I should be around again in a bit.
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Servant Ruler »

Looks like no one else is voting Berserker. Lame. I'll check around later.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 292, Servant Ruler wrote:The only way for scum to get the information is for Cabd to go out of their way to give it to them while letting town figure it out for themselves. This is a much more obvious scum auto-clear and would be nonsensical.

tl;dr: Cabd already made a mistake. This game was a race to reveal who knew it first. Scum knowing it before town would be ??? puzzling given that it's not in the town sample PM. Berserker should be the vote for the day.
Have you never heard of a fakeclaim?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Prism »

In post 294, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 292, Servant Ruler wrote:The only way for scum to get the information is for Cabd to go out of their way to give it to them while letting town figure it out for themselves. This is a much more obvious scum auto-clear and would be nonsensical.

Have you never heard of a fakeclaim?
Yeah. I remembered Cabd running FEH awhile back and checked it at some point yesterday. IIRC scum weren't given fakeclaims and one of the scumteams had to specifically ask for a sample PM. Even if he changed that, scum have to work out that it's shared and not an individual power and race to capitalize on the clear from it.

Also technically Alter Ego was first, they posted at the same minute, so that's cool to have two options.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Prism »

......Sayonara, my loves
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Cabd »

Servant Ruler, as previously played by Prism, is being replaced. Please hold.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 297, Cabd wrote:
Servant Ruler, as previously played by Prism, is being replaced. Please hold.
The account has been frozen and awaits replacement, and the game may continue. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

In post 292, Servant Ruler wrote:The only way for scum to get the information is for Cabd to go out of their way to give it to them while letting town figure it out for themselves.
While I like(d) your thinking, your reasoning is flawed. Scum could have figured it out with no help from the mod.

Think about how getting elected would seal their fate, then think about how they'd expect it to propagate.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”