Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Servant Avenger »

In post 234, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:So, my Noble Phantasm ability is somewhat negative utility. But I'm guessing there are players with who I have some compatibility. When it's fully charged, I can use it during the day and anyone voting me at that time has one charge taken away. I get a list of their attributes but not who has what (unless I have a master, then I learn what each of them got). Knowing attributes has no relation to the rest of my role though, so as for why that's my Noble Phantasm I really don't know. As a side note,
I was told votes against the town master won't be processed (when I asked Cabd about this, he said it'd count as an unvote at best).

In post 342, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 331, Servant Avenger wrote:@cancer don’t elaborate on that.
Uh, to avoid any sort of future complication I feel I should correct this miscommunication.
I meant no votes from anyone towards an
elected
town master count (and how that interacts with my Noble Phantasm is paramount). As I think I previously noted, my Noble Phantasm requires me being voted
. (
I don't currently plan on actually using it, but the topic came up when I asked Cabd about abusing it.)
pain to do this on tablet.

A. He said he can drain NP gauges using his NP when voted. Plus attributes etc.
B. Asks cabd if he can vote confirmed town with his ability.

1. He’s right there’s synergy here with foreigner obviously. There’s been no outreach from him to foreigner which I think is a bit odd. The question is whether they’re both town or whether cabd made it that it looks that way but they’re both different alignments or scum together. My Intuition says they’re both different alignments. But obviously there could be 2 or 3 other roles depending on similar information in ounno.

He’s been hilariously transparent, but I have no idea what benefit there would be as town to want to vote confirmed town in what sounds like a separate ability unless he asked cabd if he could drain the NP from confirmed town which is scum motivation, right?
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

I asked if I became the IC and had the entire game vote me (allowing me to learn everyone's attributes), what would happen? Since the IC can't die by
any means
prior to night two this seemed like a pretty good idea. Cabd shut that down by saying the votes won't count.

Not sure what's so difficult to grasp there.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:53 pm

:facepalm:
Ignore me, I’m dumb.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:04 pm

I find shielder’s entrance mildly scummy. Overwhelmed for meta reasons makes less sense than overwhelmed because they rolled scum, to me, anyway. But we’ll see. He doesn’t seem very active. Which is going to be a problem on reading that slot.

New ruler: I’m not sure it makes or breaks the game, but I would consider the opening stages of this game unusually alignment indicative and worthy of your time to read.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:09 pm

FYI, the initial idea was potentially doing what I asked about if I found out learning attributes had some benefit (this was back when I thought my master upgrade was overpowered). Cabd shut that down. That made me go "why the fuck did you even give me that Noble Phantasm then rofl? I cant even use it" then two minutes later go "oh, duh, I'm not the only one who can hand out master upgrades". I figured it be like one, maybe two other people who could do it (it seemed like a pretty overpowered thing to be able to do), didn't realise it was the entire game. *shrug*

I don't actually care about getting the upgrade - I outed it in case someone else might. I personally don't give a shit and I'm not about to reach out to anyone about it - they can reach out to me if they think it has some utility. (Though I did note that I wouldn't be surprised if what Foreigner's hinting at is a complete complement to my role beyond my Noble Phantasm. I don't care enough about it to pursue it.) My entire role is basically negative utility with potential to blast open the game in a positive way if I use it correctly. I figured my Noble Phantasm had the same potential to someone else since I don't give two shits about it.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:59 am

Post by Servant Saber »

Sorry for not posting yesterday, my natural windows for posting are rather limited and yesterday they ended up unfortunately shut.

In what brief glances over at the thread I've been able to do, I'm starting to think my Avenger strong town lean might have been premature/erroneous. There's been more fluff than I remember. Will need to read the iso to get something solid when I have the time. Still feeling good about the other three I mentioned in , though.

@Lancer : It's not that I townread Caster (if I did I'd be voting for someone else!), it's that I get the aforementioned "posi-null" vibe from them. Their posting falls squarely into the "fine I guess" bin for me - nothing outstanding, but nothing offensive. They don't read as someone that's only trying to look helpful, at least.

@Peeps using multiple devices to not alt slip: Save yourselves headaches and use different browsers on the same device and set the site themes to be obviously different.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

FGO: MafTigers in the Lostbelt.

Okay, but I still don't see how you have any confidence in a read like that. Using this as a cop or a confirmation just seems like a bad idea.
But I do have a townlean on Caster.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:49 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 396, Servant Archer wrote:No, I can easily see scum faking a townread on someone for reasons like that and then retracting it. First, it makes them look better. Second, it makes them not obligated to townread someone. Not calling AE scum, but I don't think this is great reason for townread.
You can easily see scum faking a read where they claim they've been accidentally treating another player as town?
I guess there's an SvS possibility but I don't have any reason to think that, really.

What do you like about Assassin's questions?
Also, what's wrong with Avenger making sure the setup is understood?
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Servant Caster »

When did this game get so dense. Or maybe it's just my brain saying no to mafia.
In post 404, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:FYI, the initial idea was potentially doing what I asked about if I found out learning attributes had some benefit (this was back when I thought my master upgrade was overpowered). Cabd shut that down. That made me go "why the fuck did you even give me that Noble Phantasm then rofl? I cant even use it" then two minutes later go "oh, duh, I'm not the only one who can hand out master upgrades". I figured it be like one, maybe two other people who could do it (it seemed like a pretty overpowered thing to be able to do), didn't realise it was the entire game. *shrug*
Well, I now thoroughly believe you're telling the truth about what your NP does at least.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Servant Caster »

Here's an explanation of a random read:
-Assassin's posts are all very laid back, which could be personality alone but gives some points since I don't know that.
-Their questioning of Lancer, while sometimes too aggressive, showed critical thought, came off to me as something he really cared about. Also, the fact he is still badgering Lancer about it when no one else really cares proves this to me. I know scum love lengthy 1v1s as something to do, but it hasn't really been shaped like those - the posts aren't needlessly long.
-He's not doing work to look town, just "being town" if you'll forgive me for the unhelpful language
-They're not afraid to go against the grain (263) or post things they could be attacked for (304 - but not the part they acknowledge as "scummy" so much as "i just logiced it out")

Actually, I came into this with a townlean and am going to upgrade it to a townread.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 398, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Assassin and Berserker.
In rereading Assassin's iso this morning, they're not campaigning as hard as I thought. It's more like they've pushed back against townreads when someone* expresses willingness to vote for another player. They do say that they don't NOT want the upgrade, though!

This is someone I'm strongly considering to give my vote. I really like their iso overall.

*I'm not sure how universal it is, but they pushed back on my list of players I'd vote for. And at least once on someone else.
In post 408, Servant Caster wrote:When did this game get so dense. Or maybe it's just my brain saying no to mafia.
In post 404, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:FYI, the initial idea was potentially doing what I asked about if I found out learning attributes had some benefit (this was back when I thought my master upgrade was overpowered). Cabd shut that down. That made me go "why the fuck did you even give me that Noble Phantasm then rofl? I cant even use it" then two minutes later go "oh, duh, I'm not the only one who can hand out master upgrades". I figured it be like one, maybe two other people who could do it (it seemed like a pretty overpowered thing to be able to do), didn't realise it was the entire game. *shrug*
Well, I now thoroughly believe you're telling the truth about what your NP does at least.
Does it feel like an ability more likely to be given to town to you? It's a Sensor-ish ability and absolutely makes sense to be in the game. It's pretty OP, but that's the nature of NP abilities. A traditional Sensor learns how many scum votes were on their wagon, which is overpowered as hell.

-----------

I'm trying not to assume genders, or at least not let assumptions get into my posts, but it's hard!
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Servant Caster »

I'll be honest with you, I'm not the king of setup spec. I think analyzing stuff like this is overrated. If someone claims an ability in a theme game, unless there's a really clear problem with it, I assume they're either being truthful or reciting a fakeclaim. And I also assume mods are not bad at crafting fakeclaims that could reasonably be town roles. So the only way I start factoring claims into alignment heavily is if they're provable and the player fails to prove it or they claim to use it in implausible ways.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:24 am

I'm not great at setup spec either, but I have seen quite a sample of Cabd setups. This strikes me as an ability that he would put into this game, given what I know so far. There's synergy with Foreigner's claim. That makes me lean toward town having the ability (with a good dose of reminding myself "it's a Cabd game, dummy"). I'm still not all that happy with Moon Cancer, but I feel like some (most?) of the negative checkmarks may come down to personality and playstyle clashes.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 409, Servant Caster wrote:Here's an explanation of a random read:
-Assassin's posts are all very laid back, which could be personality alone but gives some points since I don't know that.
-Their questioning of Lancer, while sometimes too aggressive, showed critical thought, came off to me as something he really cared about. Also, the fact he is still badgering Lancer about it when no one else really cares proves this to me. I know scum love lengthy 1v1s as something to do, but it hasn't really been shaped like those - the posts aren't needlessly long.
-He's not doing work to look town, just "being town" if you'll forgive me for the unhelpful language
-They're not afraid to go against the grain (263) or post things they could be attacked for (304 - but not the part they acknowledge as "scummy" so much as "i just logiced it out")

Actually, I came into this with a townlean and am going to upgrade it to a townread.
I like to think I'm capable of thinking critically about a scumread on me, and I don't agree with any of this. Laid-back posting, sure, but the way he's been questioning me doesn't feel good faith at all, especially when that's the only thing he's interacted with my slot about. It just looks like he saw my refusal to towncase Avenger early as an easy push.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Servant Berserker »

Been a hard few days folks. Will check tonight.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:58 am

Who does Assassin think should get a master today? There seems to be enough people saying they support him, perhaps Assassin should self-vote.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

moon cancer probably town just for bothering to think about applying their role in that way
In post 410, Servant Alter Ego wrote:In rereading Assassin's iso this morning, they're not campaigning as hard as I thought. It's more like they've pushed back against townreads when someone* expresses willingness to vote for another player. They do say that they don't NOT want the upgrade, though!
my process has been to try to play things out normally and not spend too much time on mechanics, just look for reads and argue stuff

to be clear on my stance: i would accept master votes, because i know i am town and believe the best outcome is for town to be chosen in this phase. can't promise great reads or amazing leadership though. if people wanna vote me that's cool, if not i'm gonna push for whoever i'm most confident is town to get selected
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

What have you beauties been up to?
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 413, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 409, Servant Caster wrote:Here's an explanation of a random read:

I like to think I'm capable of thinking critically about a scumread on me, and I don't agree with any of this. Laid-back posting, sure, but the way he's been questioning me doesn't feel good faith at all, especially when that's the only thing he's interacted with my slot about. It just looks like he saw my refusal to towncase Avenger early as an easy push.
With all due respect: if this were coming from anyone other than you, I might care about their opinion!
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:26 am

In post 416, Servant Assassin wrote:moon cancer probably town just for bothering to think about applying their role in that way
In post 410, Servant Alter Ego wrote:In rereading Assassin's iso this morning, they're not campaigning as hard as I thought. It's more like they've pushed back against townreads when someone* expresses willingness to vote for another player. They do say that they don't NOT want the upgrade, though!
my process has been to try to play things out normally and not spend too much time on mechanics, just look for reads and argue stuff

to be clear on my stance: i would accept master votes, because i know i am town and believe the best outcome is for town to be chosen in this phase. can't promise great reads or amazing leadership though. if people wanna vote me that's cool, if not i'm gonna push for whoever i'm most confident is town to get selected
Reading back through the thread AGAIN, I see that I attributed something to you that Avenger posted. I thought I was doing pretty well at hooking posts to names in my memory. It doesn't really impact my read, but it makes me even more wrong about you campaigning.

I guess I'm low enough sort priority that my error didn't catch your attention!

How are you feeling about Rider?

---------------

I'm just about ready to start taking townblock applications. /homage to our dearly beloved host
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:46 am

In post 419, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I'm just about ready to start taking townblock applications.
I think I'm in the top 90% of scum hunters on site. Is that good enough to apply?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:48 am

*raises hand for town block*

@caster, why does lancer’s defense, coming from himself, weaken the argument? It’s a rule of thumb that bias means an untrue result, but this is short hand for evaluating a statement and seeing whether it is true or not. It has nothing to do with who said it, merely what they said.

My neutral lean on beast has gone to weak scum lean.

@saber. Does this mean....you’re going to vote for me me soon? Why aren’t you voting for me already if your read has switched to null? Is your current vote even more well placed?

@mooncaster, who’s scum?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 390, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Rider, to what extent do you think animosities and pushes so far are driven by a burning desire to get the master upgrade? Do the campaigns look mostly town to you? Does anything stand out as not like the others?
I'm guessing you mean Berserker. I've thought about it and I'm coming down decisively on null. Here's why: on the face of things it looks pro-town because hey I've got this pro town ass power vote me hell yeah zerker murika etc. However, my main problems are these: we don't know what scum have for roles and fakeclaims and we don't know who Berserker is. Why both of these are important: The former because if scum had that ability in their role PM a smart scum could easily take that bit and run with it getting the master off an OP ability then having no downside whatever because they're out of the game and their mates are juiced (this is also another reason the prism theory sucks). This leads into the second point, as we don't know who Berserker is we can't say this is a move they couldn't or wouldn't make as scum. As such I don't think the push from them deserves points from either end of the spectrum.

As for Avenger, they're the most persistent about it, certainly. I didn't give them townpoints early for the rebuke of Berserker for the same reasons I just mentioned. I'm starting to like them a bit more recently, but not enough to where I want to vote for them.
In post 409, Servant Caster wrote:made a read
You did it! I'm proud of you Caster.
In post 412, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I'm not great at setup spec either, but I have seen quite a sample of Cabd setups. This strikes me as an ability that he would put into this game, given what I know so far. There's synergy with Foreigner's claim. That makes me lean toward town having the ability (with a good dose of reminding myself "it's a Cabd game, dummy"). I'm still not all that happy with Moon Cancer, but I feel like some (most?) of the negative checkmarks may come down to personality and playstyle clashes.
Moon Cancer's power has the potential to be anti-scum, but it's more likely to be anti-town. It also has to be charged when they get eliminated. All in all, not much of something to spend a lot of time discussing IMO. Certainly not adding them to the townpile because of setup spec.

There's been a lot of talk on this, so let's get rolling.
VOTE: Assassin

Alter Ego, did you ask me something? I'm really distracted today and it's taken me an hour to write this little post cause other things keep coming up.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:58 pm

In post 421, Servant Avenger wrote:@mooncaster, who’s scum?
Probably Assassin.

Vote: Servant Assassin

: ]
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Okay
1. Why is it assassin?
2. Why are you voting assassin if you think it’s him?
3. Well, at least you didn’t say it was me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”