superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:54 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 2948, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Ok fine.
We’re lynching MM most likely anyway. Can worry about Glitch later.
Exactly, this is best-case scenario. We get a conf scum elim, which is like the only way to delay this fullclaim in a manner that doesn’t require us to trust glitch
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:58 am

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 2753, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2702, ManateeDude wrote:
welcome Nero Cain. You are a
town disloyal roleblocker.
Nero was probably on me last night. :facepalm:
That... is a terrible post. Unless there's something from Nero that I missed, since he was disloyal, the only way for you to know is to be scum xD
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:59 am

In post 2950, superbowl9 wrote:
Exactly, this is best-case scenario. We get a conf scum elim, which is like the only way to delay this fullclaim in a manner that doesn’t require us to trust glitch
Uhuhuhuhuhuhuh since when is my lynch the best case scenario lol?
Norweegian:
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2952, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
Any reason why you aren't confscum here?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:13 am

In post 2758, Almost50 wrote:Alright.. I did try to read the thread... here's how it went:

Spoiler: This is as far as I went before switching the approach
In post 104, Marshmallow Marshall wrote: Why do you feel the need to put "reason" next to every vote you make?
Why do you need to ask?
In post 109, SJReaver wrote:He was making a joke. Not a good one, but it's Bell. You have to make allowances.
Cruel

TBH, at the start of my catch up I had the intention to give my all to impress SJReaver more. She seems to have given me more credit that I deserve and it gave me a boost (if someone's not following I refer them to post #).

However, as I kept reading I realized there's no way I'm going to match my performance in that game here. Not even close. Over there I had multiple flips and many players I was familiar with. Here I have at least 9 players I've never played with before, and only 5 that I have played more than twice with (make that 6 if you count Ydrasse's predecessors).

Furthermore, SJR replacing out killed the main motive I had to go all in. It' unlikely that I would impress someone like Norwee for instance ( :lol: )

Finally, it becomes harder and harder to format the listing if "every possible team" with 5/19 (myself and offsuit are auto-excluded already), so I decided to do it another way, so I am mainly townhunting unless something jumps out at me as an obvious scum move.

Anyway, off to work:

My TRs -in no particular order- include: Pickaxe, Looter, Ydrasse, Bell, Glitch, superbowl, DoLittle, Reaver,

Note: The list was edited and reordered (randomized, actually) several times to conceal the "when and why". I stopped @page "twenty something".

Other reads:

Nero is "probably town" but only because I know Nero. His content is as scummy as always. One example is taking advantage of superbowl's garammatical mistake (not using a separator after "Disagree" in post and clipping out the second sentence (which made it clear what SB was saying was the opposite of what Nero nade it look like he was saying). (This also happened from NPOM with Looter in post right above Nero's)

Titus is
suspicious
because of her claim
. Why the hell would a Babysitter never claim their role? NOT EVEN IF I WAS PUT @L-1 would I be claiming that. If you're town, you KNOW you're a prime NK target. I know determining your target is WIFOM at best, but it's far more likely you'll be on TOWN on N1.

As scum, the Babysitter claim discourages any Vig shots on them.

Still, it's Titus, so I don't have a confident SR there. Just a FoS.

Fwesnid's claim is likely Town. I can see how it could be a Scum GS, but I am leaning Town still.

Hiraki is likely Town too, but I have no strong argument to support it.

Of the remaining six (Norwee aside) I dislike NPOM the most, but I have nothing good to say about the rest of them.

Norwee I still don't like, but he doesn't make much sense as scum with most of this PoE pool, so I dunno anymore.
Lifting the burden of proficiency, heh? :P
Understandable move as either alignment I guess.

Why I felt the need to ask SJR about her "Reason:" stuff? Because it's overly formal and justify-y, and that is often scummy.

I like the "other reads" section and actually agree with most of them, or at least with the principle behind them (the Nero read really rings a bell to me, for example, given the "I townread him but only because I know him" part). As for Titus, I agree that in a world of absolutes and of perfect human beings, Titus is very scummy for that claim (I had to check what a Babysitter was :? ), but since we aren't in this world and that humans can make mistakes, I think it's actually not so weird. Weird claims like these often come from confused townies or really, really new scum, and I don't think she's a really, really new scum.

As for the unexplained townreads, can you elaborate a bit on Looter, Bell and DoLittle? I have iffy feelings about Looter, think that Bell is towny and contributing as well as he can, and no read at all on DoLittle, but I don't know how you came to your conclusions here.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:13 am

In post 2953, Titus wrote:
In post 2952, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
Any reason why you aren't confscum here?
Uh yes, I have a green rolecard lol. Any reason why I should be confscum in your eyes?
Norweegian:
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2955, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Uh yes, I have a green rolecard lol. Any reason why I should be confscum in your eyes?
Because Fwneswid claims you have a gun...and your reaction was to ignore it after being informed of what a gunsmith does...
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

VOTE: Marshmallow Marshall
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2901, JacksonVirgo wrote:I'd like A50 to claim, solely because of the gunsmith check.
:facepalm: You're playing even worse than you did when you claimed PGO in a Normal!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:19 am

Post by Glitch »

MM were you visited by Fwes last night?

VOTE: MM
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2907, NorwegianboyEE wrote:One of the best ways to use the role is to target someone and try to force them to claim VT and then you’d know they’re mafia fake claiming. (I’ve successfully done this once)
OH! Why didn't THAT occur to me?

@Virgo: I claim VT. :twisted: :lol:

Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:22 am

In post 2825, Fwesnid wrote:
In post 2774, Titus wrote:
In post 2773, Fwesnid wrote:*Magnet Noises*

Actual thoughts coming this evening don't have time now.
Why wouldn't you drop in your results?
Magnet noises is reference to our pr hunting skills as in I found a gun.
Not (Read: shouldn't be) my job to say who.
In post 2778, stan1ey wrote:Does it not make sense that scum killing Nero is intended to set up a lynch on me or glitch?
In post 2775, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I don't feel like lynching a claimed or today.

Nero wanted stanley dead I think.
VOTE: stanley
I just think this is a terrible reason to vote for me. How often do scum kill the person who scum reads them for the intention of getting them off their case? Just leads a trail back to them surely
In post 2788, Glitch wrote:Why would scum not kill Nero? It is an advantageous way to get D2 townies to turn on me and Stanley. That would be the most smart move. Why is it scummy to recognize that that setup is not a bad idea for scum?
These look both coordinated and unnatural.

In post 2782, Town looter wrote:Hmmm, if I were to take a guess, I would say Titus is town, Fwesnid is scum, and Glitch is ???

Fwesnid not releasing results screams of "I need time to talk to my scum team about strategy".

VOTE: Fwesnid
You have already forgotten I'm loud in favor of calling me scum.
(Your progression on me makes 0 sense.)
In post 2808, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 2806, Town looter wrote:
In post 2790, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 2785, Town looter wrote:I'd argue Glitch is worse. But ok. If not Fwesnid or Glitch, then who?
Titus??? Your last few posts have been if not straight scummy definitely crazy
Yeah, I am well out of my depth on this one. Reason I flip-flopped on Titus was I thought the babysitter claim seemed more reasonable given IKS confirming, and the sequence on the bottom of page 111 seemed towny (especially since I seem to have a strong bias in my Fwesnid read).

But something is definitely not adding up. So far we have:
  • A watcher (now dead, confirmed town)
  • A beefed up roleblocker (now dead, confirmed town)
  • A 3-shot gunsmith
  • A babysitter
  • A delayed, but supposedly powerful, mystery PR
  • A vigilante or other secondary kill mechanism

This seems like a lot, would I be right in saying it's almost certain that there is scum in [Glitch, Fwesnid, Titus]?

pedit: I think SB answered my question
I think this setup is totally possible w/ 5 scum but to hit 4/5 of those PRs D/N1 is a little hard to believe, especially because Fwesnid and titus were kinda random pushes by me. Either someone's lying or we have a 6th scum :)
"were kinda random pushes by me" just
screams
catching scum.

My expectation is that roughly half of town would have a power role, so I don't think it's too much power, though can agree it's very unlucky if all real.

In post 2813, Titus wrote:
In post 2810, superbowl9 wrote:If you get vigged wouldn't that kill the person you babysat? If I was vigi I'd rather shoot a quickhammerer who is probably going to be elimmed ASP anyways than try for you (although I do think you would make a marginally better shot than the avg)
Yes. It would. I felt it was much more likely that I would be vigged, given my state, than guessing the nightkill correctly. Does it mean that either would happen? No. I made a judgment call. If I wasn't widely suspected or townread, I would go for the heal.
This looks like a town mindset to me.

Would vote stan1ey here but I should see what my check says first.
Ohohhoho I think I get it now UNVOTE: gotta read a bit more.

You think Nero got both Glitch and Stan, and that they're coordinating to pull the push away from them? To me, it just looks like two players being pushed and holding the save view: that the reasons for which they're being pushed are bad.

What about Looter's progression on you makes no sense? I don't think the progression of
anyone
on you can be described as making no sense, since you've been a slot labelled as "to solve later/mechanically" yesterday.
Norweegian:
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

Spoiler:
In post 2913, Fwesnid wrote:
In post 2875, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Ah yes,
loud
gunsmith. VOTE: Fwesnid

Unless someone claimed to have recieved a gun from him, my vote goes there.
Loud modifier:
The Loud modifier makes it so if Player A targets Player B at night, Player B will be informed that they were targeted by Player A but not what action was taken. For example, if Player A was a Loud Cop and used it on Player B, Player B would be notified that they were targeted by Player A, but not that they used cop.

A loud gunsmith is immediatly confirmable, since the target will recieve feedback of both having been gifted a gun and having been visited by the player. No feedback on this either means that Fwesnid is scum or that he is town who targeted scum, in which case the vigi (very likely to exist since we have two kills, and Pete looks like a prime vigi target to me given his hammer lol) can shoot the scum at night once Fwesnid says who he targeted.

~~

I am very selfishly happy that Nero died, because he was a big issue in my reads, seeing his flip. Guess we should look at Glitch a bit more closely, although I still don't get Nero's case on him.
In post 2878, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 2876, JacksonVirgo wrote:That’s not what gunsmith does on this site, confused me too
Oh... okay so it's a gun detector. Why not call it a gun detector then, or "Firearms Inspector" like its "alias" in the wiki page then xD

Aaaaanyway. That is a lot less confirmable than I thought, because there isn't really a way to find his real role out unless he actually catches someone with a gun. That actually brings the question "why did his wagon die yesterday?", though, since people who know that know that it's pretty hard to confirm.
Death death death.

First Post: Nothing about having been the one visited, no reason to hide me being confscum if that's what you think the role is.
Second Post: After learning what the role does there is nothing about being caught with a gun when you know you've been caught with a gun.

Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:25 am

In post 2956, Titus wrote:
In post 2955, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Uh yes, I have a green rolecard lol. Any reason why I should be confscum in your eyes?
Because Fwneswid claims you have a gun...and your reaction was to ignore it after being informed of what a gunsmith does...
In post 2957, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: Marshmallow Marshall
In post 2959, Glitch wrote:MM were you visited by Fwes last night?

Ayyy so I was right to conclude that by reading Fwesnid's wallpost lol. I didn't see his claim of having checked me tho, sorry for being a bit slow, I'm not caught up.

So uh, it's a little bit strange, because I was not notified of anything last night... but I do have a gun. I'm a vigilante, and shot Pickaxe Pete last night for rather obvious reasons. I have 2 breadcrumbs btw, let me quote them.

AND UNVOTE ME YE FOOLS
Norweegian:
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:28 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Nah too late for that buddy

If you actually shot pete don’t CC this
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:29 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2924, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 2916, Fwesnid wrote:MM was my target.

I was going for a useful innocent.
Then why did A50 claim he was targeted?
Because it makes it easier for the target (if town) to signal to Fwesnid without scum noticing it. If the target is scum (as it looks like it is now) they'd be confused and more likely to make a mistake than reveals their true alignment.

P.S. And.. I am lowkey ashamed to say I thought someone I TR's hinted it was them too. OBVIOUSLY I was wrong, but it still worked out for the best.

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:30 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2945, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 2943, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 2941, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 2932, Titus wrote:This might just be a sort by post count game.
As ive been saying
Does that mean I'm lock-town? plzplzplz
You gotta fill out your application to the town block or you can just join the scum block too
Where's the application.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:32 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2958, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2901, JacksonVirgo wrote:I'd like A50 to claim, solely because of the gunsmith check.
:facepalm: You're playing even worse than you did when you claimed PGO in a Normal!
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I said that never happened, and no I'm not

wiki // GTKAS
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:33 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Yep good play. MM def just check with scum chat and they told him to claim vigi to out another PR. Lets elim this

Pedit: you can send it to Bell, he’s our admissions officer
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:35 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Would it be safer to let the real vigi shoot them if real (and risk them being GF/immune) or eliminate them?

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:35 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

@Bell, I request the legal document to become into the town block.

wiki // GTKAS
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:37 am

In post 859, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Hello, I exist. More catch-up to do, it seems.
In post 653, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 627, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 450, superbowl9 wrote:Had a feeling the MM omgus was coming if I waited long enough :)
In post 453, superbowl9 wrote:I think MM's spew is kinda IIoAy
In post 454, superbowl9 wrote:Not in the traditional way but more in the just put out a bunch of basic level argumentation thats really low hanging fruit type of way if you get me - not saying it's AI yet
Discrediting 2 pages of my content without any quotes and labelling them as IIoA and OMGUS? Nice :mrgreen:
Yeah your 2 pages are just basic information and not really things that are pushy/pushable, hence why it's IIoA.
I know you want me to go point by point through so you can undermine my position, but that literally makes no sense because I'm saying you've been cluttering the thread with basic info. Why would I respond to/elaborate upon that basic info lol?

Also dude you have literally OMGUSed everyone who has slighted you. Idk why you view this as a "discredit" because (at least imo) OMGUS is pretty NAI in most cases but it's just funny to point out when you OMGUS scumread someone then say they're OMGUSing.
V
ery convenient for you lol, you get to not explain your reads!
I
think that's what you wanted, hm?
G
reat discredit again, btw.
I
'd like you to at least back it up A BIT with some quotes, if you don't mind.
Back then, I was planning on shooting Superbowl (hence why it was in reply to him), but then my read changed. I made another post that I cannot find that was either replying directly to Offsuit or talking about him in which I made the same code (the capital letters of each sentence start spell "VIGI"), since I planned on shooting him. But then he was lynched before I could come to the thread, and Pickaxe Pete's hammer and general lack of content was just... eww, and the info obtained by lynching him would have been basically zero since noone really interacted with him, perhaps minus about me because of my early game super-weak townread on him, so I shot him.
Norweegian:
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:37 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2925, NorwegianboyEE wrote:So A50 claims he was targeted by someone with loud modifier and he has a gun.
Norwee.. I claim LOTS of things. My playstyle is closest to FL's. I have claimed or crumbed at least SIX roles/actions/being targeted so far. I will now rescind that visit by the loud visitor since it's no longer needed.

But I still may have been RB's, may have a gun, or may be a VT (I just added that one while responding to Virgo earlier). More importantly: I could be lying about ALL the above. Ex: I could legit be a Tracker/Watcher who got a useful result and don't feel like outing it yet. Or I could be a Neapolitan who managed to identify a Vanilla Townie. Shall I go on?

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:38 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2971, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 859, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Hello, I exist. More catch-up to do, it seems.
In post 653, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 627, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 450, superbowl9 wrote:Had a feeling the MM omgus was coming if I waited long enough :)
In post 453, superbowl9 wrote:I think MM's spew is kinda IIoAy
In post 454, superbowl9 wrote:Not in the traditional way but more in the just put out a bunch of basic level argumentation thats really low hanging fruit type of way if you get me - not saying it's AI yet
Discrediting 2 pages of my content without any quotes and labelling them as IIoA and OMGUS? Nice :mrgreen:
Yeah your 2 pages are just basic information and not really things that are pushy/pushable, hence why it's IIoA.
I know you want me to go point by point through so you can undermine my position, but that literally makes no sense because I'm saying you've been cluttering the thread with basic info. Why would I respond to/elaborate upon that basic info lol?

Also dude you have literally OMGUSed everyone who has slighted you. Idk why you view this as a "discredit" because (at least imo) OMGUS is pretty NAI in most cases but it's just funny to point out when you OMGUS scumread someone then say they're OMGUSing.
V
ery convenient for you lol, you get to not explain your reads!
I
think that's what you wanted, hm?
G
reat discredit again, btw.
I
'd like you to at least back it up A BIT with some quotes, if you don't mind.
Back then, I was planning on shooting Superbowl (hence why it was in reply to him), but then my read changed. I made another post that I cannot find that was either replying directly to Offsuit or talking about him in which I made the same code (the capital letters of each sentence start spell "VIGI"), since I planned on shooting him. But then he was lynched before I could come to the thread, and Pickaxe Pete's hammer and general lack of content was just... eww, and the info obtained by lynching him would have been basically zero since noone really interacted with him, perhaps minus about me because of my early game super-weak townread on him, so I shot him.
Bruh

wiki // GTKAS
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2926, Titus wrote:A50 is a professional troll.

THANK YOU. (I seriously consider this to be a compliment) :]

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”