Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Prism »

I don't like that weakness, and I want to actively push myself to overcome it, but it's best to answer questions like that quickly and honestly imo
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Tanner »

i think i'm +town on chara. i liked the take in , and even though i think i shouldn't be giving townpoints for , i still kinda do? the "our scumteam depended on the town frustration from no flips" thing strikes me as a weird thing for scum to write for some reason?
In post 158, Chara wrote:Tanner's above null for now. i don't want to put a lot of weight in where he falls on the spare/fight debate. i have concrete thoughts on this but i want Tanner back in the thread first, so you can ask me again after that happens.
why am i above null for you, assuming it isn't ? also hi i am back
In post 139, CantHateAPuppy wrote:(ok, ok, besides tanner from earlier i also kind of like pooky, i just think there are some good vibes there. i want to like hectic more than i actually do rn tbh)
can you talk about your ~good vibes~ on pooky? i'm lowkey feeling nervous due to the push for spares
In post 151, CantHateAPuppy wrote:but i think my light tr is also half wanting him to be town so we can play town together as an apology.
<3
also no meme, puppy is feeling different than he did in that game, so guess i'm townreading him!

< obligatory complaint about the mechtalk getting in the way of forming reads here >
your eyes on the city.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Chara »

Prism: well, i appreciate that you answered all the same.

it's not the same thing, but it does remind me of how i can feel changes in my own playstyle. i'm continuing to press reads on weaker reasons in order to see them grow/generate readable content, but now i want to be more explicit about which reads i'd stake the game on and which are still in progress/unreliable. and interrogating my own reads both introspectively and in-thread with the read target. the latter i think i need to improve on. i never developed the "how to interrogate a player" skill early and now i'm having to learn it now.
the act of striking fast with early reads i still find useful in terms of content generation/gauging reactions.

i'm not sure how much of this is a genuine portrayal of my own play and how much of it is in my head, though.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Chara »

hi tanner! why did you vote Lavender when you did? this question is what i was referring to in 158.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 228, Chara wrote:hi tanner! why did you vote Lavender when you did? this question is what i was referring to in 158.
all their their posts up to that point (other than one) were early game shitposting (nothing against that), but once the discussion turned to mech-talk and deciding we should probably be fighting someone today, their "hmm what now?" () struck me as insecure scummy in a way? as if they didn't have anything to contribute to the discussion, either mech or gameplay, but also wanted to give an appearance of Being There.
your eyes on the city.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

i have a positive read on Chara/catboi/Prism and probably a slight one on Puppy/Tanner. Puppy moreso than Tanner. Also maybe redtea. So like catboi>Chara>Prism>Puppy>Tanner>redtea

Undecided so far on {Hectic, Lavender, Pooky, taylor, and Elements}

HEAL: catboi
HURT: Elements

I have no idea how Elements got Puppy changing his tune from . also sheeping Chara
Spoiler: this post span
In post 190, Hectic wrote:
makes me sad but i know when i'm beat, 4 SPARES is a no go
any of ya gonna work out the numbers for 1 to 3 SPARES?

anyway, Prism town because he did the math and was accurate before catboi revealed his spreadsheets
he made the effort but showed no working or proof to try and make it look impressive or get any towncred from it

i believe catboi when he says he wouldn’t reveal the EV working if he was mafia
only because he decided to out his info right after I made a huge case on 4 SPARES, where there was some uncertainty where town would go, and it wasn’t just guaranteed to be genocide anyway
In post 191, Elements wrote:mechanically 4 spares is sub-optimal but if we don't spare we're basically just playing normal mafia
In post 192, Hectic wrote:
yeah bud, that's honestly my main issue
hopefully we can make a 1-3 SPARE route work if the EV for that is acceptable
In post 193, CantHateAPuppy wrote:hectic who would you spare right now
In post 194, Elements wrote:
In post 193, CantHateAPuppy wrote:hectic who would you spare right now
changing your tune a bit

Elements should have known the context for puppys post, he was just talking to Hectic about it 2 posts above it! I am curious as to what the intent of pointing this out really was
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 230, Morning Tweet wrote:Puppy moreso than Tanner.
is this because his avatar is cuter than mine? (つ﹏<。)
your eyes on the city.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 231, Tanner wrote:
In post 230, Morning Tweet wrote:Puppy moreso than Tanner.
is this because his avatar is cuter than mine? (つ﹏<。)
i'm sorry i have a bias!! (>﹏<)

I think i like your post on Lavender, i like you being negative towards the spare route (like pointing out its flaws that weren't brought up til then)

im not sold yet tho. cute animal in avatar might have pushed you over the edge but alas
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Tanner »

i think our reads are ~more-or-less similar. i take that as a good sign? also can you talk about the Prism townread, is there anything other than mech-effort?

HURT: elements
your eyes on the city.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:54 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

tanner/puppy townbloc is a-go, this is not a drill! awoooooooooooga
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Tanner wrote:i think our reads are ~more-or-less similar. i take that as a good sign? also can you talk about the Prism townread, is there anything other than mech-effort?

HURT: elements
My reads came after yours though (or at least after most people agreed those few are town), I think they're mostly consensus-y so far tbh. The mech talk is making this a bit tricky for me but I already went over that. I don't have great confidence in my reads as of yet

Prism's last few posts felt especially genuine to me
Spoiler: here
In post 222, Prism wrote:catboi I don't really scumread you and will probably move my vote soon, I think you can guess at my opinion of some of the last 2/3 pages but we should circle back later imo
In post 223, Chara wrote:
In post 221, Prism wrote:
In post 190, Hectic wrote:anyway, Prism town because he did the math and was accurate before catboi revealed his spreadsheets
he made the effort but showed no working or proof to try and make it look impressive or get any towncred from it
I really want to hear more explanation on this. At this point, you've seen one of each of my games. What gives you this impression?
i have a comment on this too but i'll wait!

Prism, i had so much fun playing with you last time and i'm looking forward to doing so again.
any scumhunting thoughts yet?
In post 224, Prism wrote:Not really. I struggle to get reads early-even replacing into the last Undertale they were slapdash garbage just to get into swing-but tend to have extreme faith in the ones I do get.
In post 225, Prism wrote:I don't like that weakness, and I want to actively push myself to overcome it, but it's best to answer questions like that quickly and honestly imo
Unsure he pulls out the "No I don't have reads on them, I'm not happy about it, I'm working on it but I wanted to be honest" as scum

Yeah he could have but i'm leaning against it

Also this falls under the mech talk point, but somebody mentioned Prism did the numbers without even showing his work, so therefore he wasn't too concerned with looking good, he just wanted to have the right conclusion. I think that reflects well on him too
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 219, Prism wrote:
In post 175, Tayl0r Swift wrote:ill participate properly when you all decide what strategy we should do. im very much of the opinion that mech talk and EVs are pretty much NAI and using them to justify strategy is gonna let scum persuade us to do what they want more often than not. it seems to me that a fight day 1 and then sparing later days is a good idea, but i really havent thought about it that much
This attitude is really curious. Do you feel any of me, Hectic, or catboi are arguing EVs with scum intent? (ie. to push town into something scum wants)

If you're worried that scum is going to use EVs to persuade the town in a certain direction, essentially recusing yourself from the conversation and leaving it to others to decide without you-and giving the scum voices that much more weight-seems counterproductive imo.
nah but im mostly skimming the mech talk. im here to play mafia, and when you all are ready to do that let me know. unfortunately im not gonna be able to force myself to care about mech talk when its this mathematical. if the mechanics are simple and qualitative discussions are possible im here. but if you all wanna crunch numbers ill pass. i do enough number crunching outside this game already.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 219, Prism wrote:
In post 175, Tayl0r Swift wrote:ill participate properly when you all decide what strategy we should do. im very much of the opinion that mech talk and EVs are pretty much NAI and using them to justify strategy is gonna let scum persuade us to do what they want more often than not. it seems to me that a fight day 1 and then sparing later days is a good idea, but i really havent thought about it that much
This attitude is really curious. Do you feel any of me, Hectic, or catboi are arguing EVs with scum intent? (ie. to push town into something scum wants)

If you're worried that scum is going to use EVs to persuade the town in a certain direction, essentially recusing yourself from the conversation and leaving it to others to decide without you-and giving the scum voices that much more weight-seems counterproductive imo.
nah but im mostly skimming the mech talk. im here to play mafia, and when you all are ready to do that let me know. unfortunately im not gonna be able to force myself to care about mech talk when its this mathematical. if the mechanics are simple and qualitative discussions are possible im here. but if you all wanna crunch numbers ill pass. i do enough number crunching outside this game already.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 235, Morning Tweet wrote:My reads came after yours though (or at least after most people agreed those few are town), I think they're mostly consensus-y so far tbh. The mech talk is making this a bit tricky for me but I already went over that. I don't have great confidence in my reads as of yet
/shrug, perhaps. let me enjoy the early townblocc while it lasts goddammit
In post 237, Tayl0r Swift wrote:im here to play mafia, and when you all are ready to do that let me know.
bold of you to keep saying how you want to play mafia when the only read you've given so far amounts to "i like this person's avatar".
your eyes on the city.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:18 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i kind of want to do more, but i also feel pretty ok atm. im ok with my townreads, i'm ok with my votes on elements, and i'm ok with my position on the fight/spare thing. not sure what else there is to do except wait for other people to firm themselves up a bit. (and then you can vote elements with me!)
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 226, Tanner wrote:
In post 139, CantHateAPuppy wrote:(ok, ok, besides tanner from earlier i also kind of like pooky, i just think there are some good vibes there. i want to like hectic more than i actually do rn tbh)
can you talk about your ~good vibes~ on pooky? i'm lowkey feeling nervous due to the push for spares
answer this in the meantime?
your eyes on the city.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:24 am

Post by catboi »

In post 196, Elements wrote:you've been all "we must fight" "fighting is the only path" and now you're asking about spares
In post 198, Elements wrote:so your tune has changed....
Lmfao
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:48 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 240, Tanner wrote:
In post 226, Tanner wrote:
answer this in the meantime?
oh yeah, right sorry (<_<)

i went through to iso pooky and didn't find as much as i wanted tbh. ithink the vibes come through more during liveposting? in the context of the thread? i did like these posts:

Spoiler:
In post 102, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i think we can probly get to 4 good spares ez if we play with our hearts open
In post 104, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i have been given feedback that my more angry side is very bad and I am making an effort to be more radiantly optimistic in games instead
In post 113, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:we must purge thoughts of violence from our hearts to defeat the evil
In post 157, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 156, CantHateAPuppy wrote:alternatively, elements could do something really awesome and we could realign into the cute animal avatar townblock alliance supreme
this would be beyond awesome if it worked
In post 184, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think it will be more challenging to win the game via pacifism but I have faith in the goodness of our hearts shining through bright and beautiful

i just kind of like that "trust in the heart of the cards" "i assert i am obvtown" vibe. maybe that's kind of weak? i like that he's voting to self-heal (im doing that too, i think it's the obvious play but scum wouldn't be bold enough to do) but i guess i also want to see if he has anyone he wants to spare now that i think about it

@pooky: whose hearts are shining bright with good town spare vibes?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:55 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Puppy I have a list of people who I think are pure and brilliant but I am afraid to share this list for the bad people with evil intentions will surely try to murder us and stop our just quest :(
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Elements »

Spoiler:
In post 161, CantHateAPuppy wrote:HURT: elements
In post 215, Chara wrote:HURT: Elements
In post 233, Tanner wrote:HURT: elements
In post 230, Morning Tweet wrote:HURT: Elements
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:01 am

I have a brilliant plan to try to win the game
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:02 am

I have not thought this through in any way so it could be terrible
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:03 am

each day only one contestant "nominates" themselves to be judged by the collective town - placing his fate in the hands of his peers.

He shall write a long post detailing why he is worthy of being spared and healed.

Then all players will vote on this person's candidacy - either heal or hurt and the day will end with his healing or hurting.

so only those of us with the most pure of hearts should try this :)
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:04 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

hm. how would we agree on who gets nominated?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:12 am

well one way would be to do first come first serve and hope the scum are too cowardly to volunteer themselves.

another way would be to do a casting call in the first 24 hours, all who volunteer themselves are then "healed" by their supporters. whoever has the most heals in the next 24 hours will become the nominee and face the ULTIMATE TEST by the entire town.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”