superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3250 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:04 am

Post by superbowl9 »

I think dolittle deserves to go today over stan actually assuming glitch is legit, I think stan will provide more AI stuff as it goes on and certain stuff is making me question my SR
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 3245, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 3242, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:I am also assuming that a rather large amount of scum were on my wagon here, since lining 2 PR deaths is pretty nice for them lol. So maybe not half my wagon, but a lot of people ^^
No no no this is bad. Pretty much everyone who read the game was on your wagon, if you wanna argue scum is more likely to be active thats one thing but if your wagon was 100% town I would not be surprised (not because of the names on the wagon, but because you were literally hard CCd by fwes)
No, it's not. Are you telling me that from my point of view (i.e. from the point of view of someone who knows MM to be town and Fwesnid highly likely to be town too), scum wouldn't be piling on my wagon or at the very least supporting it and putting their votes without even needing to back them up much because of the situation? You think they'd just keep their hands out of it? That seems very, very unlikely to me. Plus, it's just unlikely that there are no scum on my wagon when we have 5 scum left lol, statistically speaking.
In post 3246, superbowl9 wrote:It does make sense imo to go back to the original strat of bringing glitch to L-1 to get him to confirm, then elim like stan or someone if the confirm is good.

VOTE: Glitch
Yep. Definetly agreeing about the "no hammer until he confirms/fails to confirm", too; we have a lot of time and don't need to turbolynch.
In post 3249, superbowl9 wrote:Holy fuck ralph is right about everything. Also I'm starting to scumread Jackson pretty hard.
What do you mean about Ralph being right, and why do you scumread Jackson? I don't get any of those takes.
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:21 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 3250, superbowl9 wrote:I think dolittle deserves to go today over stan actually assuming glitch is legit, I think stan will provide more AI stuff as it goes on and certain stuff is making me question my SR
i told you im not planning to effort at this stage of the game for a variety of reasons
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:26 am

In post 3135, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:
In post 3132, ManateeDude wrote:Any mod-errors when it comes to night results have been clarified with the receiver.
Hammering MM in 5 minutes.
:shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

That was a bold move lol. If someone around knows Flake's meta, can they tell me if they tend to be highly ballsy as scum, or more cautious? The post I'm quoting is probably telling for someone who knows the author's meta.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:32 am

In post 3252, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 3250, superbowl9 wrote:I think dolittle deserves to go today over stan actually assuming glitch is legit, I think stan will provide more AI stuff as it goes on and certain stuff is making me question my SR
i told you im not planning to effort at this stage of the game for a variety of reasons
Erm... I had to ISO you to see what you did this game, because I had absolutely no memory of your existence. Do you know what I saw when I ISOed you?
Close your eyes.
Fall asleep.
Make a boring dream.
Then you'll see what I saw :P. Literally ONLY one-liners and pictures (ok maybe not, on 30 posts, there were 2 posts with 2-4 lines, I'll give you that). The thing that comes the closest to a reasoning in your posts is "people who say
ugh
are usually town". SO. At this stage of the game, I think asking you to make a minimum of effort isn't unreasonable.

What are your reads?
Norweegian:
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:45 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 3251, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:No, it's not. Are you telling me that from my point of view (i.e. from the point of view of someone who knows MM to be town and Fwesnid highly likely to be town too), scum wouldn't be piling on my wagon or at the very least supporting it and putting their votes without even needing to back them up much because of the situation? You think they'd just keep their hands out of it? That seems very, very unlikely to me. Plus, it's just unlikely that there are no scum on my wagon when we have 5 scum left lol, statistically speaking.
You're saying that scum is more likely to hop on your wagon than town. I'm telling you everyone who's played 1 game of mafia is on that wagon, regardless of alignment. Sure you can argue that scum's on it from a probability perspective, but that's no different than saying the current player list has scum in it. It's not a useful grouping to make unless you're assigning a higher probability of scum joining your wagon than town, which would not be accurate.

Now if you want to analyze how people got OFF the wagon or how they acted, since scum knew you were town, that would actually be very useful and interesting to see
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:46 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 3251, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:What do you mean about Ralph being right, and why do you scumread Jackson? I don't get any of those takes.
Yeah I will maybe elaborate on them later. Right now they're pretty raw ideas and I want to sit on them and see what happens, but i have reasoning behind it dw
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:48 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Stuff like this :) I say 1 passive sentence about how I scumread you and you appear from the ether to throw an excuse at me. Didn't help your case with this one
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:51 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

DDL is beetlejuicing. Ew.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:28 am

In post 3255, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 3251, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:No, it's not. Are you telling me that from my point of view (i.e. from the point of view of someone who knows MM to be town and Fwesnid highly likely to be town too), scum wouldn't be piling on my wagon or at the very least supporting it and putting their votes without even needing to back them up much because of the situation? You think they'd just keep their hands out of it? That seems very, very unlikely to me. Plus, it's just unlikely that there are no scum on my wagon when we have 5 scum left lol, statistically speaking.
You're saying that scum is more likely to hop on your wagon than town. I'm telling you everyone who's played 1 game of mafia is on that wagon, regardless of alignment. Sure you can argue that scum's on it from a probability perspective, but that's no different than saying the current player list has scum in it. It's not a useful grouping to make unless you're assigning a higher probability of scum joining your wagon than town, which would not be accurate.

Now if you want to analyze how people got OFF the wagon or how they acted, since scum knew you were town, that would actually be very useful and interesting to see
Hmm, it's true that townies are likely to be on my wagon too, but I'm saying that scum, who know both me and Fwesnid are town PRs, would love to see both of us die while keeping their hands clean, hence why I think they're even more likely to get on my wagon.

As for analyzing how people got off the wagon and how they acted, I already did that with Bell and Jackson, and found that both of them were towny here. I also still don't like how Titus has hopped on my wagon, talked about what was Normal and what wasn't, and then got off the wagon. That's scummy IIoA + what I would expect from scum who see that the wagon is losing its traction.
Norweegian:
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:28 am

Post by stan1ey »

In post 3255, superbowl9 wrote:You're saying that scum is more likely to hop on your wagon than town. I'm telling you everyone who's played 1 game of mafia is on that wagon, regardless of alignment.
Superbowl you are 100% right here but I think the point MM is making is more than that. Look at this post from Glitch that MM pointed out:
In post 3235, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 3107, Glitch wrote:I think that's such a stretch. If we're wrong MM can just take out scum!Fwesnid on his way down and now it will also tell us a bit about the alignment of Flake and A50.

With the light of the feedback, this post looks pretty bad. From a town PoV, it'd be a poorly detailed position (and it's not that Glitch can't detail his position, he proved it during the Nero - Glitch fight). From a scum PoV, it'd be an easy lineup of two PR deaths that doesn't make him look bad and that gives him a justification to vote me and to support the vengekill on Fwesnid.
see here its more than just glitch being on the wagon. if we assume Glitch is scum for a second, he is using his knowledge that both Fwes and MM were likely both telling the truth to set up both of their deaths in one go, and reads as if he is persuading people to get it over with to achieve that. (tbf tho its likely MM would have shot Fwes anyway if he had died, so its not needed to tell MM to do it anyway but still)

VOTE: glitch thats 8/10 votes, still not convinced glitch is scum but when MM pointed the above out it made me think its quite likely tbf. plus idk where else to vote and id like to get to the bottom the mysterious soft claim too
I Keep Siteflaking
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:32 am

Post by I Keep Siteflaking »

I have a soft clean on Glitch.
Stop voting him.
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:33 am

Post by stan1ey »

lol UNVOTE:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:37 am

In post 3260, stan1ey wrote:
In post 3255, superbowl9 wrote:You're saying that scum is more likely to hop on your wagon than town. I'm telling you everyone who's played 1 game of mafia is on that wagon, regardless of alignment.
Superbowl you are 100% right here but I think the point MM is making is more than that. Look at this post from Glitch that MM pointed out:
In post 3235, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 3107, Glitch wrote:I think that's such a stretch. If we're wrong MM can just take out scum!Fwesnid on his way down and now it will also tell us a bit about the alignment of Flake and A50.

With the light of the feedback, this post looks pretty bad. From a town PoV, it'd be a poorly detailed position (and it's not that Glitch can't detail his position, he proved it during the Nero - Glitch fight). From a scum PoV, it'd be an easy lineup of two PR deaths that doesn't make him look bad and that gives him a justification to vote me and to support the vengekill on Fwesnid.
see here its more than just glitch being on the wagon. if we assume Glitch is scum for a second, he is using his knowledge that both Fwes and MM were likely both telling the truth to set up both of their deaths in one go, and reads as if he is persuading people to get it over with to achieve that. (tbf tho its likely MM would have shot Fwes anyway if he had died, so its not needed to tell MM to do it anyway but still)

VOTE: glitch thats 8/10 votes, still not convinced glitch is scum but when MM pointed the above out it made me think its quite likely tbf. plus idk where else to vote and id like to get to the bottom the mysterious soft claim too
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS. Just to clarify, though, I didn't have the 100 % clear intent to shoot Fwesnid and made it clear that I found the situation really weird and thought Fwesnid had no reason to act like he would acted as scum, which could be why Glitch felt the need to tell me to shoot Fwesnid.

And yeah, we definetly aren't waiting for day 4 to come before getting the hard claim xD
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:38 am

In post 3261, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:I have a soft clean on Glitch.
Stop voting him.
Wat

Is it an anti-town horror to ask you to clarify? If it isn't, please do lol
Norweegian:
I Keep Siteflaking
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:42 am

Post by I Keep Siteflaking »

I am not vanilla townie and I have an information, which makes Glitch less likely to be scum than a random person.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Are you willing to share the nature of these reasons?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:49 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 3261, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:I have a soft clean on Glitch.
Stop voting him.
Soft innos suck.
UNVOTE:

- Bunno
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:50 am

In post 3265, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:I am not vanilla townie and I have an information, which makes Glitch less likely to be scum than a random person.
To be honest, I still want a claim from him. He said he could be semi-useful on D2. If he's going to be fearkilled by scum because of his claim, it'll happen anyway. And you're not saying he's completely cleared anyway. Plus, whatever you are, it's likely that him claiming will actually help confirming both of you if you both are town.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:51 am

And by the way, if we're going to lynch away from Glitch because Flake says he may or may not be town, I could get on board for a Titus wagon.
Norweegian:
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:06 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 3254, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:What are your reads?
i dont have any

sorry to disappoint
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:52 am

Post by ManateeDude »

VC2.04

With 18 alive it takes 10 to eliminate

Marshmallow Marshall (3):
Fwesnid, Almost50, Hiraki
Glitch (6):
NoPowerOverMe, DrDolittle, JacksonVirgo, Marshmallow Marshall, superbowl9, Titus
stan1ey (2):
I Keep Siteflaking, Ydrasse
Ydrasse (1):
Bell
DrDolittle (1):
ralph217

Not Voting (5):
shellyc, stan1ey, Town looter, Glitch, NorwegianBoyEE

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-09-10 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Last edited by ManateeDude on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
manatee not-a-dude (manateegal or just manatee works!!)
purgatory is in hell phase 2
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3114, JacksonVirgo wrote:Hol' up, is there a redirector possible in normal setups? Maybe a tinfoil could be said for them being switched to maf!A50 so they claimed it, but when fwen claimed they retracted.
I thought I gave you a direct link to the Normal Games possible roles section. (Well, I didn't give it to YOU, but I provided one in response to someone in this thread).

Anyway, here it is again: Normal Roles

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:30 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Why can't this game just be easy~

- Bunno
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Ydrasse »

....i still feel fine with my vote where it is tbh..........
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”