Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count M-15

Caster (6): Saber, Lancer, Caster, Ruler, Rider, Foreigner
Avenger (4): Avenger, Berserker, Beast, Assassin
Assassin (3): Archer, Moon Cancer, Alter Ego
Saber (1): Shielder

Phase Page Count: 40/60

With 14 servants alive, it takes 8 votes to lock in a master. Otherwise, a master will be selected by plurality rules in: (expired on 2020-09-08 21:23:37)
Last edited by Cabd on Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Servant Archer »

I would rather vote you than Caster, but Assassin is still my first pick for master. I wonder why his wagon seems to have cooled off.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Servant Avenger »

That's a good question. Foreigner said it was because Assassin didn't want it.
Part of it might be that Rider and Caster merely got the cold shoulder from assassin.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Servant Archer »

well that's stuff that could be helped upon flip?
VOTE: Avenger
let's do this(I hope)
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:20 am

Thank you. :]
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

I was looking at Fate stuff for fun and I realized I haven't played much if any FGO.
What is the function of servants if there is no holy grail war?

Someone please help.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

Are Assassin and Alter Ego still your only town reads, Archer?
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Servant Archer »

I'm townreading foreigner too.
Avenger and caster are lower than them, and I only voted avenger because he seems like a better leader. I would still prefer to vote Assassin, but since it doesn't seem likely, I'm just going to reread their isos real quick.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:28 am

In 2015, the Chaldea Security Organization draws on experts of both the magical and mundane fields to observe the future of mankind for possible extinction events. Humanity's survival seems assured for the next century—until the verdict suddenly changes, and now eradication of the species awaits at the end of 2016. The cause is unknown, but appears to be linked with the Japanese town of Fuyuki and the events of 2004 during the Fifth Holy Grail War.

In response, Chaldea harnesses an experimental means of time travel, the Rayshift technology. With it, Ritsuka Fujimaru (a young man or woman, depending on the player's choice of gender) was newly recruited to the organization, and a mysterious girl named Mash Kyrielight, can travel back to 2004 and discover how to save humanity. A grand order to fight fate has been declared—an order to change the past and restore the future.[12] Following the events in Fuyuki, Ritsuka Fujimaru and Mash Kyrielight must restore the Foundation of Humanity by retrieving powerful Holy Grails. The Grails, which are capable of granting any wish, are also able to sustain abnormalities that threaten humanity's existence. The protagonists utilize Rayshift technology to travel back in time to said periods, ranging from Orleans to Okeanos and even the ancient civilization of Babylonia. Along the way, Ritsuka encounters the main antagonist and mastermind behind the plan to eradicate humanity: the Mage-King Solomon. He proclaims that Chaldea's attempt to save humanity will not matter if they fail to obtain every single Holy Grail, before leaving. After obtaining all 7 Holy Grails, Fujimaru and their Servant advance into Ars Paulina, the throne where Solomon once sat. In the final battle against Solomon and his legion of 72 Demon Gods, both Ritsuka and Mash are unable to defeat any of the Demon Pillars as they regenerate immediately. When all hope seems lost, the Servants that assisted Fujimaru on their quest through every singularity appear, allowing Chaldea to break through and defeat Solomon, who is revealed to be the Demon God Goetia, a beast that possessed Solomon's corpse and wishes to eradicate humanity in order to travel back to the dawn of humankind. Goetia is swiftly dispatched, but not before Mash utilizes her Noble Phantasm to deflect Goetia's Noble Phantasm to protect Fujimaru in exchange for her life. Just as hope was lost, Romani appeared and revealed that he himself is actually the real Solomon, the Grand Caster who wished to be human after the fifth holy grail war. Using his only Noble Phantasm to erase himself from existence and weaken Goetia, he then said his goodbyes to Ritsuka and in order for him to defeat Goetia once and for all. Upon the final Singularity being restored to order, Mash is revived via the power of Beast IV, who is revealed to be Fou, a dog-like creature that has journeyed alongside Fujimaru and their party through the entirety of the game.

Upon completion of the singularities, Ritsuka Fujimaru is awarded the rank of Cause, by the Mages Association.[13] In the aftermath of the singularity crisis Chaldea would be tasked with handling Singularity Subspecies. During this time period Chaldea would come under fire from various organizations including the U.N. and the Mages Association.

Following the completion of these incidents, Chaldea would find itself under new management under Goredolf Musik. It turned out that Goredolf was just a scapegoat in a hostile takeover by a mysterious organization, conspiring with an unknown entity known as the Foreign God, to destroy Chaldea and the current human history, reverting the planet back to the Age of Gods. Now on the run, Ritsuka, Mash and the surviving members of Chaldea survived aboard the autonomous vessel Shadow Border. In order to save humanity, the group now travels to different timelines called "Lostbelts"; alternate versions of history that differ drastically from the main human history and were "pruned away" from the primary timeline after having been deemed a dead end. The seven Lostbelts are each represented by a Crypter, former human masters and their servants, each of whom are in competition against one another as well as the Chaldean survivors for the ultimate fate of human history. For Ritsuka Fujimaru, he must make some grave decisions and sacrifices that either will make him a savior... or a destroyer. Wiki~

Also, both of you vote me. I WIM.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Servant Saber »

@Avenger and : Your posting is more trying to look like you're contributing than actually contributing. It's not a matter of confidence in the way you imply, it's a matter of how genuine the person is, and that comes across in both the strength and the confidence of their cases. Town on the hunt is 100% genuine assuming play-to-win, mafia on the hunt is largely fabricated and contains the additional mental/emotional pressure of knowingly lying about someone to their face. As such, it is harder for mafia to produce strong confident opinions and cases and such.

@Alter Ego (end): I was responding to the part of 669 that was directed at me. Me mentioning "silliness" was a (over?)simplification of you discussing personalities and emotions, since my mental assessment of Rider is "plenty of lighthearted posting with less substance than there should be". Sorry for the confusion on both parts.

Current Master preference order is Caster > Assassin > Avenger. I would vote myself if I became a viable choice but that seems exceedingly unlikely to happen.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:35 am

Based on that logic, Caster is scum and should be lower in your estimation than me.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:36 am

....There's 4 hours until deadline and you would vote yourself? What are you thinking?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:40 am

That's also very untrue at this point. :? Re: my attempting to look like I'm contributing instead of actually contributing.
There's no way around that. That's bullshit.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 970, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Still frantically researching. I will say that for the first time this whole phase, I'm seriously considering voting Avenger. I feel like voting Caster is somewhat like voting myself, except instead of knowing my alignment I'm strongly assuming Caster's. My master buff, beyond the selection phase stuff about buffing two other players, isn't a huge boost for town (I think...). From stuff Caster has said, the same applies to their buff. Avenger is claiming that their buff is potentially terrible for scum. (I guess, depending on how they use it?)

Anyway. Hoping to get far enough through another iso or two to make a decision soon.
I'd sooner see you vote Caster and Caster use his own discretion on whether or not to Master-ize Avenger. I trust Caster's judgment far more when it comes to handing out upgrades. Or just in general.

Also, did you get everything you needed from me about Moon Cancer? I would really hate for a rift to grow between us over a disagreement on one read.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

I've spent some very condensed, intense time getting to know Avenger's ISO better.

I didn't find much this time that I hadn't found the last time I read through, though there's a little more data. All in all, I feel he's town, though I'm a little concerned about some of his reads, and I don't get as strong a townsense from Avenger as I have Assassin and Caster (last night's freakout notwithstanding).

I could say a lot, mostly pro, but here are a couple of highlights.

There's a discredited scumtell that goes to the effect of giving a replace-in a rundown of what's happened in the game so far is scummy. There is opportunity to shape narrative in doing that. And Avenger's agenda is already something of an narrative shaper. But, I don't feel like the rundown was skewed, so fuck that scumtell. You have to read the rundown for selectivity and then try to discern what's behind it if there is selectivity. So fuck that scumtell. The main issue I have with giving a rundown is that you don't get to see as much about what the player focuses on in their own catchup. Anyway, once again, the rundown didn't read as skewed.

In 343 I felt like the Assassin read was a little hedgy (that's rich coming from me btw). The Rider read in the same post parallels some of the concerns that Moon Cancer expressed last night. I disagreed with that read at the time and still do, but I can see why someone could get there from Rider's iso.

I didn't come out of this with what I was hoping for: "Yep, yep, yep I'm totally comfortable with voting here".

Since the air quality is way too bad for a quick walk, I'm gonna go pace the floors for a bit.
In post 939, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 936, Servant Rider wrote:Pedit2 Caster, do you see more Assassin votes coming from somewhere? You're still top. If Assassin vote swaps to himself it's a tie between you two.
Well, I see one coming from me, and I think he'd be irrational not to vote himself at some point. I only see a few people being explicitly not okay with him, while we just spent a couple pages having berserker, ae, and i think others take dumps on me.

@avenger: I agree that there is a possibility scum would support me due to my lack of leadership qualities, if all three of us are town.. But no, I couldn't care less that Assassin is voting you.
It wasn't a dump on you. More of a late night freakout. Probably some fire anxiety in the mix, too.

pedit crosspost hell up in here.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 977, Servant Avenger wrote:That's a good question. Foreigner said it was because Assassin didn't want it.
Part of it might be that Rider and Caster merely got the cold shoulder from assassin.
I voted Caster because I thought I could talk Berserker, Alter Ego, and Foreigner into swapping over and ending this interminable phase, not because my townread on Assassin dipped. Sadly, this did not work out. However, I have no reason to go back to Assassin because that wagon now looks dead.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:46 am

Huh, why isn't omgus rules in effect for assassin? @rider.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

3 hours to deadline, I suck. Caster having votes is exciting but it also means I'm now partially responsible for his ascension if it goes through instead of being able to lazily dodge having an impact.
Avenger, are you scumreading Caster or just not townreading?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:48 am

You're basically thinking that my judgment is compromised because I'm scum reading you and thus you wouldn't trust me for master because I'm clearly not perfect, Yes? #Rider.

Pedit: I'm town reading caster. Move your vote back to me anyway Lancer. Come homeeee.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Servant Saber »

@Avenger: I don't think Caster is the towniest townie to ever town (if I did I'd be less interested in his flip) but I get more opinions and feel more hunting genuineness from their posts than from yours.

I commented on self-voting because I have a vote. I did mention it would be exceedingly unlikely that I would become a viable candidate, but if it happens, I'll self-vote.

Pedit: I have stuff to do tonight but I suppose I can at least try to give your Iso another look-over if I have the time.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 993, Servant Avenger wrote:You're basically thinking that my judgment is compromised because I'm scum reading you and thus you wouldn't trust me for master because I'm clearly not perfect, Yes? #Rider.

Pedit: I'm town reading caster. Move your vote back to me anyway Lancer. Come homeeee.
I'm reading now, let's see. This game is dense so it's time to skim like the wind.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:56 am

In post 994, Servant Saber wrote:@Avenger: I don't think Caster is the towniest townie to ever town (if I did I'd be less interested in his flip) but I get more opinions and feel more hunting genuineness from their posts than from yours.

I commented on self-voting because I have a vote. I did mention it would be exceedingly unlikely that I would become a viable candidate, but if it happens, I'll self-vote.

Pedit: I have stuff to do tonight but I suppose I can at least try to give your Iso another look-over if I have the time.
@Saber,
1. That's pretty untrue. His opinions can be counted on one hand. I think part of his appeal is because he doesn't have enough in regards to opinion or reads, both Assassin and I have put down scum reads on stronger players than shielder, which makes people invested in seeing both of us lose from either alignment. That alone should be pretty obvious.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 991, Servant Avenger wrote:Huh, why isn't omgus rules in effect for assassin? @rider.
Huh?
In post 993, Servant Avenger wrote:You're basically thinking that my judgment is compromised because I'm scum reading you and thus you wouldn't trust me for master because I'm clearly not perfect, Yes? #Rider.
Compared to Caster, I just don't trust you in general. I don't give a shit if you scumread me. I've gone on at length why I feel unable to read you, and the only person on my short list of masons that thinks you should have the buff (Assassin) hasn't said anything compelling enough about you for me to just sheep him. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence or judgment, just explain why I'm not going to be voting you today.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

In post 962, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 951, Servant Foreigner wrote:@Avenger @Caster , I guess I should be looking at this in a different manner.
Who do you think is town this game?
You, Alter Ego, Assassin, probably Rider and, regrettably, probably Moon Cancer.
I think Rider and Moon Cancer are sort of spicy town reads.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 996, Servant Avenger wrote:@Saber,
1. That's pretty untrue. His opinions can be counted on one hand. I think part of his appeal is because he doesn't have enough in regards to opinion or reads, both Assassin and I have put down scum reads on stronger players than shielder, which makes people invested in seeing both of us lose from either alignment. That alone should be pretty obvious.
But you still townread Caster? Why?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”