Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 1208, Servant Shielder wrote:ok now that the game has begun you will likely see me being a bit different. i had no particular interest in being mastered. while i historically frequently get scumread early (especially as town), i rarely get lynched (especially as scum). put me in the hotseat. i will say that at this point im very much lhf, and so im a bit skeptical of people who dont have a better guess at where scum is than me.
I know most people in this game just want to wad you up like a ball of paper and toss you in the trash, but if you are in fact town it is very important that you step up to the table and start start to play in a way that helps us out. The way you have acted so far gives off the impression of someone who is not terribly concerned with actually looking for scum. This is terribly frustrating for the rest of us. If you could try to give me a few words on who you suspect and why I would give it a read with an open mind. You are the only one capable of saving yourself from a swift execution here.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Servant Berserker »

In post 1227, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 1208, Servant Shielder wrote:ok now that the game has begun you will likely see me being a bit different. i had no particular interest in being mastered. while i historically frequently get scumread early (especially as town), i rarely get lynched (especially as scum). put me in the hotseat. i will say that at this point im very much lhf, and so im a bit skeptical of people who dont have a better guess at where scum is than me.
I know most people in this game just want to wad you up like a ball of paper and toss you in the trash, but if you are in fact town it is very important that you step up to the table and start start to play in a way that helps us out. The way you have acted so far gives off the impression of someone who is not terribly concerned with actually looking for scum. This is terribly frustrating for the rest of us. If you could try to give me a few words on who you suspect and why I would give it a read with an open mind. You are the only one capable of saving yourself from a swift execution here.
Do you also want to kill Shielder?

I feel like they're town.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:43 pm

I have not directed any verdict yet, I'm just trying to nudge them to step it up. I will note the GTH has shown me they're a little more controversial than I thought given general thread vibes. If you could give an explanation of that townread I'd like to hear it.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:57 pm

Oh, this has nothing to do with anything, but now that I am confirmed town, I can say it would have been an absolutely sick strategy to have dueling scum wagons on Day 0. That feels like it would mess people up real bad. (I very much do not think this happened, I think the mafia team wanted out of the limelight). Just wanted to get that silly little irrelevant thought out there.

...I really need to go to sleep.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:58 pm

In post 324, Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 322, Servant Avenger wrote:@Yes.
plus they’re unkillable for 2 days.

Tell me, do you want to get voted for master? If so, why? Use innuendo.
Well, I obviously wouldn’t mind being IC’d. If you’re asking me to make a case as to why I deserve it more than anyone else, my only answer is I know I’m town and then I would be confirmed.

I’m overwhelmed by all of the mech talk and don’t feel I yet have a confident grasp on this game., so if confidence in clearly understanding the gamestate is what’s needed to convince enough people I’m town here. I don’t see that happening yet unfortunately. :/
This is genuine frustration. The kind of genuine frustration that is context proven by their mass questioning of the rules and trying to grasp it in thread. The kind of questioning that makes you look weak and gives up positioning in an anon game and makes you an easy target due to a lack of confidence.

I guess my question is why does a scum player post this? Is this a gambit to try and gain towncred by refuge in... stupidity? I just don't see the angle here. And if they WERE scum, these questions could be answered in their PT instead of this thread... so there's no reason to do it here unless it has an angle.

So not only does it read genuine, it also has town motivation.

Combine this with their surrounding posts complaining about not being able ot use meta, struggling with the master election mechanic this game has and generally floundering (which put them in this spot) I don't care if you're bad scum, there's just no way I can see a scum player deciding to end up here.
-
In post 672, Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 608, Servant Avenger wrote:I am emphatically stating I would like to be the choice today.
Assassin says he doesn't NOT want it.
I want it hands up, frantically waving.

Assassin has trust issues and I have trust issues with anyone but me getting it.

@Pedit: thanks assassin.
uhhhh
In post 610, Servant Assassin wrote:been reviewing ISOs for science and i decided my issues with archer were probably stylistic, sort of unconfortable with how many people seem to be scumreading them? i think they'd do a good job

VOTE: archer
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

so i think my top townreads are saber beast and alter ego. berserker is town probs too. VOTE: saber
Small comment to make here that this post resembles critical thinking that I would expect a townie to perform if they felt behind and noticed something they thought was weird. I will talk about their reads with the next quote.
-
In post 696, Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 680, Servant Caster wrote:Shielder is just having contrarian reads for the lols because they're scum :)
this is a bad post. throwing shade without asking any questions or trying to drive the game or scumhunt genuinely.
Here's where they confirm their reasoning for the reads existing matches up with my read on why they did it. They are doing the thing they are accusing Caster of not doing. They are attempting to get invested in the game and find reads, and Caster looks a lot worse in this exchange because I whole heartedly agree that Caster is hopping on wounded prey here and calling it "contrarian" without having any real justification for it. Nowhere is it asked to Shielder WHY they think Saber Beast and AE are town.

This exchange should be + Shielder and - Caster for anyone who reads it, IMO.
In post 744, Servant Shielder wrote:i feel like caster is scum. i also think that foreigner is scummy for driving paranoia in townies.
A follow up showing cognitive consistency. The townie who was lost has found a piece of meat to sink their teeth into.. and are now branching out into other places to prod. This is more town motivated posting. Scum doesn't make this post because what value does it serve attacking Foreigner here this late with everyone townreading them.

for me, it's different, i've been upsetti spaghetti at Foreigner since minute 1, so I have some doubts and they're established. If you're going ot fake doubts NOW, why start THERE. No sense in it from a scum perspective.
In post 811, Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 729, Servant Caster wrote:I think it's completely possible scum decided to just be as town as they can manage and hope the master lands on them. I also think it's entirely possible that they are campaigning because they're Avenger.
this to me is subtle driving at paranoia: "dont trust your townreads, theyre probably scum"
This is a big lightbulb moment as well. Just more good posting. I don't even fully necessarily AGREE with Shielder on their assessment here, but it's clear where they got this assessment from, and it was naturally created. More cognitive consistency= Town again.

I just don't see how people can read these posts and think Shielder is scum, tbh.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:59 pm

In post 1230, Servant Assassin wrote:Oh, this has nothing to do with anything, but now that I am confirmed town, I can say it would have been an absolutely sick strategy to have dueling scum wagons on Day 0. That feels like it would mess people up real bad. (I very much do not think this happened, I think the mafia team wanted out of the limelight). Just wanted to get that silly little irrelevant thought out there.

Read my post before you go and tell me what you think.

... you're getting a rare treat out of me. You're getting to make me Town case someone. I never explain my town reads. NEVER.

I think it's anti town garbage.

But, this is a special circumstance, so.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

In post 1231, Servant Berserker wrote:This is genuine frustration. The kind of genuine frustration that is context proven by their mass questioning of the rules and trying to grasp it in thread. The kind of questioning that makes you look weak and gives up positioning in an anon game and makes you an easy target due to a lack of confidence.

I guess my question is why does a scum player post this?
I'd give this line of thinking more credence if Shielder's post wasn't in direct response to a rather blunt question.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:08 pm

In post 1233, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 1231, Servant Berserker wrote:This is genuine frustration. The kind of genuine frustration that is context proven by their mass questioning of the rules and trying to grasp it in thread. The kind of questioning that makes you look weak and gives up positioning in an anon game and makes you an easy target due to a lack of confidence.

I'd give this line of thinking more credence if Shielder's post wasn't in direct response to a rather blunt question.
Read the context of the question and please not it is not "why do you want to be" it's "do you want to be?" which should tell you all you need to know about how much Shielder knew and was trying to grasp this game.

It's frustration. It's townie frustration. The question is only adding here, not taking away.

Tell me, you think Shielder is scum then?

I've yet to see one good argument for why they are scum.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by Servant Shielder »

In post 1227, Servant Assassin wrote:
i mean by the time i repped in most people seemed to already have dismissed my slot as scummy, and since then until this post no one has really made much effort to try and engage me (a few minor exceptions here and there). ive been saying things, but i feel like i have a very different perspective on things. maybe its because trying to play catch-up while the game was moving pretty fast was more than i could handle. i guess i should add that im also new to the site and a bit rusty in general, so maybe im just seeing things from an old meta/different site meta perspective.

also im pretty sure that it was appropriate to not be terribly concerned with catching scum last phase. the whole point was to find a townie. you turned out to be town, but you had associatives with people who i scumread and i just wasnt confident in your towniness. i stand by not voting for you. i feel like my iso has plenty of content on who i suspect and why. if you have specific questions, feel free to ask. otherwise ill be continuing to add more content as the game progresses.

and whomever suggested that something bad would happen if i get hammered, nawh.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:10 pm

In post 1231, Servant Berserker wrote:The kind of genuine frustration that is context proven by their mass questioning of the rules and trying to grasp it in thread.
See, when Shielder v1 wrote what he wrote in the game thread about the rules, my first and only thought on it was: "why not use the notes PT to ask the mod that?"

Because, you know, if I were interested in the answer to that, I'd ask the one who *made the rules*

(I am aware not everyone thinks like this, which frustrates me to no end, but asking it publicly doesn't give me good feelings about it being a genuine thought process.)
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:13 pm

In post 1232, Servant Berserker wrote:
In post 1230, Servant Assassin wrote:Oh, this has nothing to do with anything, but now that I am confirmed town, I can say it would have been an absolutely sick strategy to have dueling scum wagons on Day 0. That feels like it would mess people up real bad. (I very much do not think this happened, I think the mafia team wanted out of the limelight). Just wanted to get that silly little irrelevant thought out there.

... you're getting a rare treat out of me. You're getting to make me Town case someone. I never explain my town reads. NEVER.

Well, given circumstances I think it's worth reading. I looked it over and it's very intriguing. Will say I'm far from tunnelvisioned here and want to assess several players before doing anything, time permitting.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:14 pm

worth noting perhaps that the post in question came from the person who originally was in this slot and repped out. that wasnt me posting that. that person gave up on the game and couldnt really get into it.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:14 pm

worth noting perhaps that the post in question came from the person who originally was in this slot and repped out. that wasnt me posting that. that person gave up on the game and couldnt really get into it.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:14 pm

In post 1236, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 1231, Servant Berserker wrote:The kind of genuine frustration that is context proven by their mass questioning of the rules and trying to grasp it in thread.
See, when Shielder v1 wrote what he wrote in the game thread about the rules, my first and only thought on it was: "why not use the notes PT to ask the mod that?"

Because, you know, if I were interested in the answer to that, I'd ask the one who *made the rules*

(I am aware not everyone thinks like this, which frustrates me to no end, but asking it publicly doesn't give me good feelings about it being a genuine thought process.)
This logic seems inverted, isn't it?

Your logic would make sense if this player thought, for some reason, this action would make them look more town and thus is scum gaining town cred.

But in what universe does playing "detatched and uncertain" do that here? Especially with Master phase being as it is?

I just don't get the motivation for scum to do this. If you say townies should ask the mod, why wouldn't scum use their PT?

At least townies have the argument that they want to ask the thread because ??? asking the mod forbidden kappa

Scum has 0 reason to do this. None. It's less than neutral. It costs you town cred and town control.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:17 pm

In post 1237, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 1232, Servant Berserker wrote:

Well, given circumstances I think it's worth reading. I looked it over and it's very intriguing. Will say I'm far from tunnelvisioned here and want to assess several players before doing anything, time permitting.
I mean you're just one vote, if a particularly loud one.

You know where I stand today. I want to see Caster hit the floor.

Everywhere you look there's - Caster interactions. Shielder is just another example.

Shielder feels very much like what scum was doing while the Master Phase was happening.

People fought over that, and scum setup Shielder as the first vote to the point where it feels defacto.

With that argument in mind, I think we should, no matter what, not go down that road today.

I think literally ANY OTHER VOTE is more information positive than Shielder vote.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:17 pm

In post 1240, Servant Berserker wrote:Your logic would make sense if this player thought, for some reason, this action would make them look more town and thus is scum gaining town cred.

But in what universe does playing "detatched and uncertain" do that here? Especially with Master phase being as it is?
Because scum wouldn't have "become an IC" if they got selected. The implication from Shielder's first post (that I think was more likely deliberate than not) was that it was town asking the question.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:18 pm

In post 1242, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 1240, Servant Berserker wrote:Your logic would make sense if this player thought, for some reason, this action would make them look more town and thus is scum gaining town cred.

Because scum wouldn't have "become an IC" if they got selected. The implication from Shielder's first post (that I think was more likely deliberate than not) was that it was town asking the question.
???

I'm sorry is your argument here that... they make this post to try and create some kind of faked perspective slip to confirm themselves?

Please tell me I'm misreading what you're saying here. That's so fucking ludicrous if that's what you're saying.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:21 pm

That is indeed what I'm saying I think Shielder v1 attempted to do.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:25 pm

In post 1244, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:That is indeed what I'm saying I think Shielder v1 attempted to do.
Holy shit.

Do you believe in Q Anon too? How about Chem Trails?
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:25 pm

In post 1244, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:That is indeed what I'm saying I think Shielder v1 attempted to do.
so youre saying that the strat is:

1) fake a townslip
2) replace out
3)???
4) profit

so you think that the replace out was strategic or something? occam's razer suggests that unless you have strong evidence to the contrary, the narrative that shielder v1 was overwhelmed and confused, and consequently replaced out. that is indeed the impression i got (rather explicitly) from the PMs/notes thread when i got on the account.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:26 pm

When you hear hoof beats, think horses not zebras, please.

That is a level of 4D chess that I cannot imagine scum would think is their BEST FUCKING GAMBIT coming into a game like this.

Especially since they did nothing to try and sell it to anyone.

Can you provide substantiating evidence to support your claim that this was their intention?
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:28 pm

I don't think the replace-out had anything to do with the initial goal of that first post.

I do think Shielder was telling the truth about being overwhelmed.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:30 pm

Let's put it this way. The question Shielder asked about was probably the LEAST confusing part of this setup. But that's the only question Shielder asked publicly.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”