Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:00 am

Post by Servant Avenger »

Then again I did ask people to hurry it along so we could decide on a definite elimination within the first 48 hours.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:12 am

Post by Servant Avenger »

Mooncancer,
It's a loaded question, but what are you lying about? Your entry just doesn't fit with the rest of your play this game.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 1272, Servant Avenger wrote:Why are some people town reading beast?
Why do you SR Beast?

But speaking of - Beast, at this point I don't see why you don't want to explain your reads now.
I'm half holding out for that before I commit but gun to head I do think he's town.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:33 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 1263, Servant Ruler wrote:Before I get into reading the 5-6 pages since day start. AE can I get your thoughts on the eod movement onto Assassin (haven't read how that developed yet either).

I'm specifically interested in what you think it means for the three slots vying for master and the slots that moved votes. I want to pick someone else's brain on the macro.
Question: When did you read the EOD movement stuff?
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 1270, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 1269, Servant Lancer wrote:@Archer keeps ignoring my question about his scumhunting.
My answer is...
I don't know. Working on fleshing more things out though. Post coming :)
They're your own reads, you should know. Can you explain why Berserker is really town off the recent posts? You don't seem to agree with her.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

If someone wants to talk to me please do so. I'm still at the point where I'm mixing up Rider and Ruler. This game is really hard to backread.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:57 am

Post by Servant Caster »

Berserker was wrong about Assassin, they're wrong about me and they're probably wrong about Shielder. In case I am not here to say it later, if they continue to be wrong, you must eliminate them no matter how town they appear to be. That is all I will say on that subject.

I would like to discuss Ruler, Saber and Beast, but I need them to post to give me something to discuss. I am alarmed that all my scumreads are currently lowposters, but I'm not sure who I'm missing. Archer/Lancer are the most obvious candidates, but I hardly remember why. I'm in the same boat with finding it a little difficult to keep a hold on reads due to similar avatars and the like. Also Berserker possibly, but as stated above more data is needed on that subject.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:00 am

Post by Servant Archer »

Your question was about what differentiates busy work from what I was doing. My answer is I don't know, but maybe busy work isn't always scummy.
Berserker is pretty townie for defending Shielder like that. I do have some reservations because I'm not sure we can consolidate on another option within 48 hours, so it could be a push for towncred or just more overall credibility. However, quotes like this one help a lot.
In post 1251, Servant Berserker wrote:God, if you think this is a waste of time, remind me to teach you something later on, once I know who tf you are.

No, we're making huge headway here. I might be the literal only person in the town convinced you are town right now. don't mistake my loudness for you being in a good position.
I really like this for some reason. I think the mindset comes from town almost all of the time.
Also, why did you have Shielder as town in your GTH read?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:10 am

In post 1172, Servant Saber wrote:Well, piss.

My sudden realization was that Avenger's overenthusiasm for getting voted Master made sense as a townie effort to scare mafia into thinking he had a particularly useful upgrade (on top of already being threateningly loud). My hope was that he would actually get it and flip town and we'd have the opportunity to go back and look at who townread Avenger but found excuses to not vote for him, as I imagine that would be a prime mafia approach to handling him. This possibility (combined with the general opportunity to decisively sort him) was worth the risk he might be mafia himself, so I pulled the trigger. Then it ended up not working out anyway.

I will probably go back and do this anyway, because it could still be useful info, but its impact is lessened by not having his alignment flipped. That investigation is not happening until at least tomorrow, though, as bed is rapidly approaching.

Pedit @Assassin: I can try to stick around, but no guarantees on length.
Prior to this phase, you've mostly given stances about players you're null-town reading, in line with your master selection strategy. What are your thoughts about other players?
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

@Archer - Okay, I don't hate your answer. Thanks. And I also really like 1251.

@Caster - having one wrong read doesn't mean I'm going to ignore Berserker being towny. I also thought Assassin was scum earlygame.

Shielder town is a gutread prompted partially by what seems like most of the game scumreading him for not a good reason. Shielder had some reads that ran counter to consensus (I dont remember them rn, besides Saber for mastwr I think?) but that in itself isn't any reason to be scum, and I like for the indignance and Shielder's general feeling of "someone please interact with my reads in good faith".
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Servant Shielder »

In post 1273, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 1250, Servant Shielder wrote:so you think scum was overwhelmed and decided to ask in public rather than PT or PM to the mod? if you're serious about pursuing this argument, please walk us through it in detail. i'm gonna go make some popcorn while i wait.

pedit: i think this is probably a waste of time, and probably also a waste of limited post space. but feel free to make your case if you really want.
This seems a bit confident in the way scum would be.
Well Berserker seems super townie now too.
oh I remember that. Good song!
and youre saying i shouldnt be confident? because the conversation is about my alignment. i can say with near 100% certainty what my alignment is, but im happy to back off and re-evaluate if you think i might be wrong.

no i wasnt trolling. had people given enough of a fuck to actually engage with me id have given enough of a fuck to explain more. now that day 0 is over ill be explaining more regardless.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

I get what youre saying about killing Berserker if her reads are proven to be consistently bad, but warning against townreading her bc she SRed Assassin, you, and townreads a player you say is scum that hasn't flipped yet?
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Servant Archer »

I detect no indignance in 696. I really don't think the second part is that prevalent either.
Yeah, I think you should re-evaluate. I wasn't talking about your reads btw. Maybe trolling was the wrong word though.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:57 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 1285, Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 1273, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 1250, Servant Shielder wrote:so you think scum was overwhelmed and decided to ask in public rather than PT or PM to the mod? if you're serious about pursuing this argument, please walk us through it in detail. i'm gonna go make some popcorn while i wait.

pedit: i think this is probably a waste of time, and probably also a waste of limited post space. but feel free to make your case if you really want.
This seems a bit confident in the way scum would be.
Well Berserker seems super townie now too.
oh I remember that. Good song!
and youre saying i shouldnt be confident? because the conversation is about my alignment. i can say with near 100% certainty what my alignment is, but im happy to back off and re-evaluate if you think i might be wrong.

no i wasnt trolling. had people given enough of a fuck to actually engage with me id have given enough of a fuck to explain more. now that day 0 is over ill be explaining more regardless.
I'm reviewing your posts and have a few things I'd like to ask you about your reads, trying to get a quick hit in while on break.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:57 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

I guess indignance is more accurately applied to Shielder's other posts. I just find it a pretty towny sentiment and maybe I'm also being contrarian because I don't like the reasons for scumreading Shielder that I've seen. Caster's posting in particular is part of what shook my TR of them, and now that I go to look they basically went from "I don't like shielder but I see how they're in this position" to "lol this slot's scum" with a lot of confidence but no explanation or process.

Why do you townread me?
@Archer
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 1284, Servant Lancer wrote:@Caster - having one wrong read doesn't mean I'm going to ignore Berserker being towny. I also thought Assassin was scum earlygame.
You are not picking up what I'm putting down and that's okay.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 1286, Servant Lancer wrote:I get what youre saying about killing Berserker if her reads are proven to be consistently bad, but warning against townreading her bc she SRed Assassin, you, and townreads a player you say is scum that hasn't flipped yet?
I don't think I said what you're saying I said. Do whatever you want for now.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Servant Caster »

Something annoying has happened with regard to my role. >:/
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:12 am

@Shielder:
In post 865, Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 840, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 829, Servant Assassin wrote:i would be worried berserker was trying to dismantle consensus if i wasn't fairly sure her early play made her town
I concur.

----------------------------

I'm in the middle of an extremely nitpicky note-taking reread of this game, and when I finish that, I'm going to try to do some progression analysis wrt to votes.

I hope to complete both before we're into day 1 proper.
yeah this exactly. and assassin making this post suggests that assassin is indeed town. but the people assassin is blocing with are very scummy so i guess assassin just got in with a bad crowd? i still wont be voting assassin today. but in a way assassin being town makes things simpler because there is one too many scum i feel like. one confused townie in the mix makes things make sense suddenly.
You indicated you saw me as "blocing" with "very scummy" people. Who were these people, in your eyes, and how was I forming a bloc with them? Additionally, how did the post I made make me town?
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

I'd like you to explain later then. About Berserker.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:15 am

And, for that matter, how did you come to decide I was town several minutes after making ?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:29 am

In post 858, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:(That last line in #856 is just to help you understand why you may have the false impression that there's "been enough suspicion" of Rider when it's actually a relatively small group of people.)
Why did you assume I have a false impression and not a made-up one?
In post 829, Servant Assassin wrote:i would be worried berserker was trying to dismantle consensus if i wasn't fairly sure her early play made her town
I concur.

I'm in the middle of an extremely nitpicky note-taking reread of this game, and when I finish that, I'm going to try to do some progression analysis wrt to votes.

yeah this exactly. and assassin making this post suggests that assassin is indeed town. but the people assassin is blocing with are very scummy so i guess assassin just got in with a bad crowd? i still wont be voting assassin today. but in a way assassin being town makes things simpler because there is one too many scum i feel like. one confused townie in the mix makes things make sense suddenly.
Who did you think Assassin was blocing with at this time?
In post 896, Servant Avenger wrote:It's pretty clear?

1. I stated that I would take control of the game away from them and stated confidently I'm a good choice for master.
2. Caster has not (the devil they don't know) or he's scum either way.
3. Assassin said he didn't not want it. Assassin is voting me. But no votes peeled off and followed him.
What are your thoughts about these 3 points now? (If you've already talked about this since PhaseShift, I'll probably find it in a bit!)
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:55 am

I will not award you towncred for mindmelding with me after the fact, Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:59 am

I haz a sad, but I'm more concerned about burning posts than getting every question into the game the moment it occurs to me.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:35 am

Post by Servant Shielder »

In post 1293, Servant Assassin wrote:
@Shielder:
I concur.

You indicated you saw me as "blocing" with "very scummy" people. Who were these people, in your eyes, and how was I forming a bloc with them? Additionally, how did the post I made make me town?
as i recall, at the time people were somewhat skeptical of berserker, and you took a stand and defended berserker for the same reasons i was thinking berserker was and is town - that entrance never comes from scum. it is too attention-grabby and bold to make sense as a scum play. i had the same concern you had that berserker was trying to break consensus, and also agreed that it came from a town mindset because of berserkers opening. you mindmelding with me gave you townpoints, but you going out of your way to say that gave you big townpoints. as i recall you were blocing with caster foreigner and rider? basically the rest of my PoE.
In post 1295, Servant Assassin wrote:And, for that matter, how did you come to decide I was town several minutes after making ?
863 saw you posting in concert with scummy people and making posts that i thought most likely came from scum. but then i saw other posts that were almost certainly from town. so i decided that while you were probably being led around by the nose, i decided that you are town. i still wouldnt vote for you because i wasnt confident in the townread, and also because i disagree with your reads too much to trust your judgement. Im concerned that you are gonna master scum and that your reads will be unduly influenced by scum.

i like playing the role of the contrarian. its why i made no effort to be townread - i dont want to be IC, (not that my master buff is all that exciting), and also now by being on the sidelines i get to say i told you so if im right and we lose and if im wrong and we win i still get to win. im the sort of person who will always go against the grain if i feel like the grain is a bit too smooth.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”