catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 586, Chara wrote:Not Chara's venge means we do need to eliminate another scum before then, though.

someone asked what my read on Hectic was the last time i checked the thread: it's a hesitant TR. but i believe i can read him better than that.
I had asked you about this. More specifically, it was in reference to the recently completed game you had with him where he was scum and you had read him correctly. You provided a link to the game as a reference but made no comparison between how his play felt in that game vs how his play feels in this one. It struck me as strange not to make a comment that was actually bothering to sort him.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:40 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 625, catboi wrote:
In post 586, Chara wrote:Not Chara's venge means we do need to eliminate another scum before then, though.

someone asked what my read on Hectic was the last time i checked the thread: it's a hesitant TR. but i believe i can read him better than that.
I had asked you about this. More specifically, it was in reference to the recently completed game you had with him where he was scum and you had read him correctly. You provided a link to the game as a reference but made no comparison between how his play felt in that game vs how his play feels in this one. It struck me as strange not to make a comment that was actually bothering to sort him.
Since you've mentioned Hectic, can you please explain what was so compelling about Hectic's case against me that caused you to agree that we should lynch me on D1?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:41 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 624, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 622, catboi wrote:
In post 621, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like it's trivial to calculate the pure-probability odds of each path. but we're not playing a game to roll dice - this is a social interaction game.
And how did you attempt to generate social interactions prior to the point I started attacking you?

Can you please state your case against me ?
Largely that there was just no interest from you at all in seriously attempting to sort anyone. It's not the chosen route in the setup but how you approached posting about it. Too tired to do more.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:41 pm

Post by Isis »

Line
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:53 pm

In post 627, catboi wrote:Largely that there was just no interest from you at all in seriously attempting to sort anyone. It's not the chosen route in the setup but how you approached posting about it. Too tired to do more.
1. What exactly have you done to try to seriously sort players this game in good faith?

2. Can you explain why Pooky-scum would choose to not sort people?

I would like you to be specific on this one point:

Are you trying to push my lynch in order to "punish" me for playing a playstyle that you do not like or are you pushing my lynch because you believe my card is Mafia?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:56 pm

In post 611, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 604, redtea wrote:Okay okay. Catboi has given me reasons to tr him.
sure,

give me your
best
reason to TR Catboi.
I just want to note here that Redtea was unable to come up with a single reason to TR Catboi when pressed for an actual reason so if either of them flip scum you should look at the other.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:50 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 591, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:my soul read on hectic has been right like 100% of the time
In post 593, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I dunno

he hasn't done enough yet for me to use my soul read yet.

I'm worried he might be avoiding me :>

I've been inspired by Launchy to ask a question without leading the recipient in one direction or the other: Why did you start contributing about non-4SPARE stuff when you did?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 597, Tanner wrote:ugh, okay. it's already way past 3am here and i'm pretty tired and this game is uninspiring, so. i was hoping that elements would be back to elaborate on his reads or that lavender would be back to do
something
since those are the two things that interest me the most at the moment but alas.
In post 547, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 546, Tanner wrote:i mean, define productive. imo getting people onto the highest EV path is productive. getting everyone to start talking reads is productive, because i will have a very hard time caring about this game if there's 3 people ~doing nothing~. am i succeeding in what i'm doing? debateable.
you know it probably would've been way easier to get AI-reads on the scum team if we had at least pretended to be down with the 4-spare strategy for a few days to give the incentive for scum to try to get a chara-spare win rather than just being like hell no there's no way we r giving chara a chance to win early.
is that what you were doing?

i'm seeing people starting to get suspicious of puppy and at some point i did start wondering if he's been pocketing me and if he starts looking like a plausible day one fight i will look into it.

my Spicy Hot Take(tm) of the night is that lavender (confidering how difficult they seem to be to wagon) is chara who's trying to leave out the fewest associates possible for after they flip. this may or may not be the sleep deprevation mixed with unhealthy tunnelling speaking. i'll decide in the morning.
HURT: lavender

i swear i will give this more attention (or like, a proper readthrough of ISOS or something) once i get some sleep

am probably around for the next ~half an hour if someone needs me

I want her to fulfil my
thoughts on all players
request. It'd be very useful if you could,
Lavender.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:55 pm

In post 622, catboi wrote:
In post 621, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like it's trivial to calculate the pure-probability odds of each path. but we're not playing a game to roll dice - this is a social interaction game.
And how did you attempt to generate social interactions prior to the point I started attacking you?
In post 625, catboi wrote:I had asked you about this. More specifically, it was in reference to the recently completed game you had with him where he was scum and you had read him correctly. You provided a link to the game as a reference but made no comparison between how his play felt in that game vs how his play feels in this one. It struck me as strange not to make a comment that was actually bothering to sort him.

Honestly if this is the core of Catboi's "case" against me it is beyond ridiculous.

If you look at post counts - I'm by far the most engaged player in the game.

I've engaged in social interactions with multiple players and provided lots of content. In fact I often find myself refreshing this game with no-one willing to really engage me in talk about play - often I am the last poster.

I have addressed every question posed to me fairly promptly, if you have an issue with my reasoning or play I've been fairly open and ready to respond.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:57 pm

In post 631, Hectic wrote:Why did you start contributing about non-4SPARE stuff when you did?
When it was clear the majority of the town had been completely turned off from that path I abandoned it and am quite disappointed by the lack of effort and engagement.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Hectic »

-alignments when you did?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by Hectic »

Looking forward to digesting that after lunch.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:08 pm

In post 635, Hectic wrote:-alignments when you did?
I have already answered this question above.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by Elements »

I'm feeling incredibly lost and I don't know why
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:38 pm

Post by Elements »

HURT: isis
HEAL: isis
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:12 pm

Post by Hectic »

I was also surprised by , because the purpose of my Pooky vote was more to pressure him than concluding he was scum, which is why I think the "I'm with you" is strange. Pooky memeing about SPAREs and opening up our hearts was unreadable for me. He seemed to have a transformation recently in his games where he started taking them a lot less seriously and opted to joke around a lot more, but my early assessment is that it's NAI.

Ah, I see Pooky mentions the reason for the change towards the end of the post. It's what I'd guessed.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:30 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 194, Elements wrote:
In post 193, CantHateAPuppy wrote:hectic who would you spare right now
changing your tune a bit
In post 195, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 194, Elements wrote:
In post 193, CantHateAPuppy wrote:hectic who would you spare right now
changing your tune a bit
?
In post 196, Elements wrote:you've been all "we must fight" "fighting is the only path" and now you're asking about spares
In post 198, Elements wrote:so your tune has changed....
In post 200, Elements wrote:why are you suddenly asking about sparing
In post 201, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Hectic wants to spare but isn't actually voting anyone for spare. So it's fair to ask, does he have anyone in mind? So far that slot is mostly just mech talk. Let the man speak for himself!
In post 202, Elements wrote:HURT: puppy
Launchy's explanation that he wanted to ask who I'd like to SPARE since I wasn't actively pushing for anyone is perfectly reasonable. Why did you, FIGHT him anyway, Ele? Plus, what's scummy about him changing his tune in the first place?

HURT: Elements
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:32 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 535, Elements wrote:Hectic - Town
Elements - Town
Chara - null
Prism - town
PookyTheMagicalBear - chara
catboi - town
Morning Tweet - town
Tayl0r Swift - eh
Lavender - who?
redtea - eh
Tanner - scum
CantLynchAPuppy - scum
In post 638, Elements wrote:I'm feeling incredibly lost and I don't know why
-nullreads. You even had a
Chara
-read and 2 other scumreads. Why are you lost?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:45 pm

Post by Hectic »

CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:02 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 597, Tanner wrote:i'm seeing people starting to get suspicious of puppy and at some point i did start wondering if he's been pocketing me and if he starts looking like a plausible day one fight i will look into it.
if you want to give an opinion on my slot i'd be curious to hear it, but i'm still going to treat you as town at least until the end of d1 :P
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:07 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 614, catboi wrote:
In post 582, CantHateAPuppy wrote:lol

my style is to ask questions and try to do it in a neutral way, because i like seeing how people respond when you don't cue them exactly how you want them to respond. like, if you warn someone "im probing you" before you probe them you get a different response than if you don't. fyi. i think some people misread me when i do this

also i wanted hectic to elaborate more than he did. i still feel like he shoudl feel townier than he does, so i'm kind of null on the slot. (maybe it's just the posting gimmick? i admit the pictures do get me to at least read what he says)
I recall talking with a friend over your alignment in a game we were spectating. He was extremely confident you were town while you were basically a coinflip to me. I will accept that it is possible your style is just one that is difficult for me to read.

As for Hectic, I feel comfortable enough now to say he has said things I like, as well as some I do not like. I do not have a definite conclusion on him, but I would say my misgivings are relatively minor right now.
now i have to know more! you can't tell me that people are gossipping about me and not tell me more. what game was it? why did you not think i was town? do i have my own fanclub? im actually pretty pleased with my games on this account so far, ive made it to endgame in all of them and won all my town games. (There was one scum game but i dont really count that because i subbed into a scumteam where i was the only scum left, which makes me extra curious to get a sense of how you read me)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:10 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

have a thought about hectic rn but am going to wait until i see how he reacts to something in particular. please ignore this post, it is really just a reminder for me when i go back through my own iso later
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:13 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 644, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 597, Tanner wrote:i'm seeing people starting to get suspicious of puppy and at some point i did start wondering if he's been pocketing me and if he starts looking like a plausible day one fight i will look into it.
if you want to give an opinion on my slot i'd be curious to hear it, but i'm still going to treat you as town at least until the end of d1 :P
here's the thing. start of game, you're advocating genocide, my gut feels you're different than the scum!you i played with, aight cool he can be town for now. then people start talking about you and suspecting you and there might be something there, because hey wouldn't be the first time my day one reads are ass.

*however*, the deadline is kinda creeping closer and we need to start consolidating. and if you're a viable fight for today, i will start rereading people's cases and your interactions to see if i wanna help that wagon or halt it. but if you're not, i (1) don't feel like spending my (already very lacking) effort for that when you're not getting fought anyway, and (2) i feel it would actually be counterproductive to out that read today since it gives more info for scum's nightkill (i know it ain't much info but etc etc)
your eyes on the city.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:16 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

thanks. that's fair, i guess, but since i know im town it doesn't really do anything for me except give me an idea of how you think, which is already pretty consistent with what i thought of you anyways.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:22 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

anyways, based on what vibes / reads im hearing from people here's my take on what wagons are viable, fwiw:

* pooky
* elements
* * hectic
* taylor

catboi seems to have divided people 50-50 but with more leaning town, same with me i think? (not sure why tbh.) there hasn't been as much wagon development today as im used to with all the spare talk, so the options look a little weird. there's also probably some room to fight someone who hasn't made much of an impression (i might put lavender and prism in this category, though prism has posted enough so maybe i'm making that up? maybe redtea? idk).

also apropos of nothing i want to talk to morning tweet and chara a little more, i had some productive convos with them early on and haven't lately.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”