Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@JJH - you’d have died like Night 1 if I were scum here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2274, Hayasaka wrote:My role has anti synergy with FL's role which made me not question Tris role since we could just be a game of roles that hurt other roles.
But Tris literally has the counter to the town cop.

Which another thing to keep in mind.
I think that’s kind of the point.

I’m not sure if No Fade was thought about in design phase, though.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:48 am

Post by jjh927 »

There's a lot of anti-synergy to go around
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:49 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2275, Flavor Leaf wrote:@JJH - you’d have died like Night 1 if I were scum here.
Yeah honestly that's been at the back of my mind since d2
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:53 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2273, Flavor Leaf wrote:Hypothetically, what would y’all say if I said I was a Jester who won by getting faded Day4+? If 2 scum only, and Tris is last scum, i would lose in that scenario.

Completely hypothetical.
I'd say sorry because no-fade then fading you would mean 5 players going into day 5 assuming no kills other than scum nightkills, which kinda sucks if there are 3 scum total or Tris isn't scum or both
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Venus Mars and Pluto »

In post 2270, jjh927 wrote:I'm just looking at flips and this setup may be role madness but it looks like it's got a heavy emphasis on day play

If we assume scum!tris, traffic analyser can never hard guilty scum and gets plenty of false positives. Most actions appear relatively weak and seem to involve moving targets about or being untargetable. The tracker is probably the strongest role claimed so far, mechanically speaking

It could just be 2 scum tbh
That’s why I thought it pointless to TA you when I realized that Gamma’s role if real and if scum, would be the most likely to bus drive you, so I though our best shot was hoping it was a fakeclaim and we get a positive, so it points to bus drive being real but way too much town power with Hya, us, FL for Gamma to be town BD. Now Tris claims she got confirmation on our “I do” but why haven’t we? Wouldn’t we both receive confirmation on that @Tris? I checked and double checked that it was received and that much was confirmed but nothing else, so it sounds really suspect to me that we wouldn’t get a confirmation but you would.

I think it’s Tris/Gamma

I tr everyone else and would also Tris if it weren’t for Amy flip, Hya’s claim and the whole “I do” thing not adding up.

There’s also DnD being extremely concerned with FL’s Tris read and DnD never really commenting on her and leaving them out of their reads. I need to ask Amy post-game how she figured it out.

~M
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:00 am

Post by jjh927 »

It would be pointless to TA me anyway
You'd get a positive result because I have a crier message
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:00 am

Post by jjh927 »

Oh wait nvm just double checked that
Based on the wiki you would not
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:01 am

Post by jjh927 »

Depends on the phrasing of your role though
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:01 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

Did Gamma say who she bus drived?
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:02 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

*he
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:03 am

Post by tris »

In post 2280, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 2270, jjh927 wrote:I'm just looking at flips and this setup may be role madness but it looks like it's got a heavy emphasis on day play

If we assume scum!tris, traffic analyser can never hard guilty scum and gets plenty of false positives. Most actions appear relatively weak and seem to involve moving targets about or being untargetable. The tracker is probably the strongest role claimed so far, mechanically speaking

That’s why I thought it pointless to TA you when I realized that Gamma’s role if real and if scum, would be the most likely to bus drive you, so I though our best shot was hoping it was a fakeclaim and we get a positive, so it points to bus drive being real but way too much town power with Hya, us, FL for Gamma to be town BD. Now Tris claims she got confirmation on our “I do” but why haven’t we? Wouldn’t we both receive confirmation on that @Tris? I checked and double checked that it was received and that much was confirmed but nothing else, so it sounds really suspect to me that we wouldn’t get a confirmation but you would.

I think it’s Tris/Gamma

I tr everyone else and would also Tris if it weren’t for Amy flip, Hya’s claim and the whole “I do” thing not adding up.

There’s also DnD being extremely concerned with FL’s Tris read and DnD never really commenting on her and leaving them out of their reads. I need to ask Amy post-game how she figured it out.

~M
i guess the role is based on the other person trusting you or something. why would i make up a weird thing like that?
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:03 am

Another reason why I didn’t want to TA jjh because he’s so obviously town.

So I think Tris/Gamma and we all get to look forward to another day of Gamma’s toxic AtEing and outsourcing obnoxious Survivor videos. \o/

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:10 am

In post 2281, jjh927 wrote:It would be pointless to TA me anyway
You'd get a positive result because I have a crier message
In post 2282, jjh927 wrote:Oh wait nvm just double checked that
Based on the wiki you would not
I figured that scum!Gamma would have expected us to TA you and then we’d get a false positive. However, I really did think the BD claim was bogus.

But with tracker, TA, self-redirector and dv, a town bd seems like way too much town power. Also and I wonder why it didn’t ping Amy at all — what are the odds of there being a town self-redirector + a town bus driver in the same game?

Like mechanically, Amy’s role makes Gamma’s role being a scum role all that more likely.

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:17 am

In post 2286, tris wrote:

I think it’s Tris/Gamma

~M
i guess the role is based on the other person trusting you or something. why would i make up a weird thing like that?
I don’t know but why do you only have the “I do” confirmation but not us?

But Amy flip very likely confirms Gamma scum because of her self-redirector role and Hya did track Amy to you and I don’t see why he’d lie about that.

Like play-wise Gamma looks way worse + town!BD really not making sense with a town self-redirector, so I think we probably hit scum either way but it really doesn’t make a lot of sense that Gamma bus drove you with him when he knew I obviously couldn’t TA you.

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:37 am

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Deflector

Gamma!scum confirmed :lol:

Amy’s role may be called “self-redirector” but it’s exactly the exact same thing as deflector so no way is there both that + town bd in the same setup but Gamma’s being bd does makes sense as scum also Gamma negative doesn’t mean jack. He just has to avoid posting in the scum PT last night for us to get a negative result. If he’s scum and didn’t post in the scum PT, that would get a negative result whether or not he’s actually a BD, so he could still be possibly be lying about that too.

Our TA only works when “outside communication” happens on the exact same night we investigate, so the TA part of our role is worthless and the coroner only to confirm Hya wasn’t lying, which we will obviously know if Tris flips scum.

I’m just sad that I will probably be dead and won’t be able to have the satisfaction of fading Gamma. :/

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:41 am

And Maria did confirm that a bus driver in this game could self-target, so that negative means absolutely nothing whether or not Gamma is telling the truth about being a BD or not. If he never posted in the scum PT last night, we’d still have gotten a negative.

~M
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Hayasaka »

I think Gamma is scum but Amy wasn't a deflector
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 2162, MariaR wrote:Every even night you may target 1 player and actions they perform will target you instead
A Deflector is a role that takes all actions that target one player at Night, and redirects them so that they target a second player instead.
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:47 am

In post 2292, Hayasaka wrote:I think Gamma is scum but Amy wasn't a deflector
Deflector
Alias:
Redirector
Alignment: any
Role type:
Manipulative
Choice:
Night
A Deflector is a role that takes all actions that target one player at Night, and redirects them so that they target a second player instead.
Isn’t that what FL said that Amy’s action on Tris meant?

Oh nm then but my point that there’s no way in hell Gamma is ever a town BD in the same set up with a town self-redirector, still holds. Thank freaking God, we never flipped Amy. We’re probably winning this game in large part due to her.

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:49 am

In post 2292, Hayasaka wrote:I think Gamma is scum but Amy wasn't a deflector
Yeah, so it really doesn’t matter which one of Tris/Gamma gets flipped first. We hit scum in either case. Tris is just far less annoying.

~M
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:57 am

Post by tris »

In post 2289, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 2286, tris wrote:

I think it’s Tris/Gamma

~M
I don’t know but why do you only have the “I do” confirmation but not us?
my theory is that it's like you're supposed to trust me that it's working or something. idk

i guess no one believes me here, but i feel like you guys will be able to figure it out anyway. i'll try to do what i can while i'm still here
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:17 am

Either you were bus drove or Hya’s lying and first one sounds iffy and second, extremely unlikely.

Gamma’s probably already given up. I admit from a purely emotional pov, I would prefer him today but Hya is saying you weren’t bus driven to Amy, so that is literally the only way you’re not guiltied and occams razer says that’s unlikely but she says that’s impossible and I don’t see why he’d lie.

Plus, why wouldn’t Maria have confirmed to both of us your “I do”, why just you? I was expecting Dunn to confirm your conditional bg on us being real and I think it would have been confirmed if it were true. I asked specifically to have both the “I do” thing confirmed and your part in submitting it and was told the mods couldn’t confirm any of it and now you’ve gotten confirmation of our “I do” but we’ve still gotten absolutely nothing.

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:27 am

In post 2297, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:Either you were bus drove or Hya’s lying and first one sounds iffy and second, extremely unlikely.

Gamma’s probably already given up. I admit from a purely emotional pov, I would prefer him today but Hya is saying you weren’t bus driven to Amy, so that is literally the only way you’re not guiltied and occams razer says that’s unlikely but she says that’s impossible and I don’t see why he’d lie.

Plus, why wouldn’t Maria have confirmed to both of us your “I do”, why just you? I was expecting Dunn to confirm your conditional bg on us being real and I think it would have been confirmed if it were true. I asked specifically to have both the “I do” thing confirmed and your part in submitting it and was told the mods couldn’t confirm any of it and now you’ve gotten confirmation of our “I do” but we’ve still gotten absolutely nothing.
I just think if your conditional bg was real, I wouldn’t have gotten the response that the mods couldn’t answer any of it. Why wouldn’t they have just backed you up if true? And why would either or Hya need to have done that anyway? Like in what world would either Hya or myself refuse the “I do”? No one in their right mind rehects a bg offer. And now you’re saying Hya isn’t protected but I am?

~M
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I can roleblock whichever we don’t fade today.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”