Micro 966 - DDD: DD? [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
WindowsXP
WindowsXP
Goon
WindowsXP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by WindowsXP »

I'd like people to state whether or not they think its alignment indicative. And why.
If you cant answer why i suggest you reexamine your reasoning. Or perhaps you're just scum.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

think what is alignment indicative?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
WindowsXP
WindowsXP
Goon
WindowsXP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by WindowsXP »

Me saying I didn't read the kill before posting in thread.

Ive already asked and have not received an answer.
And I will say this: i would have already sacced today without giving partner tells if i was scum.
I can explain later why.
But this is not my scum play here. I play mechs. I play optimal.
I read whats optimal and do it.
Scum!windows doesn't try on d2 after a lolhammer.
WindowsXP
WindowsXP
Goon
WindowsXP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by WindowsXP »

Alisae you have any analysis on slots that aren't mine? Especially considerint you lolhammered yourself
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Donempire »

Thats my argument, pay me a fee if you want to use it
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 414, Alisae wrote:
In post 411, Donempire wrote:I dont try pushing on an experienced town player for a lolhammer as scum. I'll let them live so they can arouse suspicion on d3. Thats what im trying to avoid, and while it is easy to push you, with only a single argument i dont see why i'd want to spearhead a town!you lynch.
Why?
Because its easy to push, but if you dont slip up further i cant confidently reach a town!you lynch, since im only basing this wagon off off one thing, and its basically a policy lynch. Meanwhile if i just let you live i can bring up the lolhammer and discredit half your argument.
In post 415, Alisae wrote:
In post 411, Donempire wrote:I'll scumhunt, thank you. I think you think all im doing is isoing you and everyone else is muted, they arent.
I mean its pretty easy to reach this conclusion when you start the day pushing me as a liability and suggest that mislynching is +EV. Why would I not tell you to back off if thats what I think you're doing?
(Also I just don't react well to being voted/suspected in general but thats a me thing as both alignments and there's no way for you to know that)
Noted
In post 416, Alisae wrote:
In post 413, Donempire wrote:After this, i am suspicious of windows. His posts and the way he reached a conclusion on ico stinks. We can talk about that if you have any ideas about it.
why do you think it sucks
I just woke up, but i'll try to come back to detailing my reasons after i read the new posts.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
WindowsXP
WindowsXP
Goon
WindowsXP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by WindowsXP »

There is enough plausible deniability that if you're going to try to use the lolhammer as an argument you are going to get no real conclusions.

Also your claim about what you'd do with Alisae as scum while simultaneously not really sorting em is odd to me Dong. How do you read the rest of eir D1 minus the lolhammer? Was it towny or scummy? Let's say that, theoretically, Ico was not at L-1 on D1 when alisae voted, and the game continued. Was their move there scum?

Let's answer some real questions about motives and analysis.

Where did I ever reach a final conclusion? I was offering a case against Ico and I was letting them refute it. Let's talk about that. Do you think my push was scum motivated? Why? What was suspicious about my posts?
Tell me what exactly struck you as scummy.

Also, important, do you think Ydrasse's d1 is town to you? They voted Ico too and did not declare L-1, and are a passive voice this game. I'm wondering what you may think about that slot.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 478, WindowsXP wrote:Alisae you have any analysis on slots that aren't mine? Especially considerint you lolhammered yourself
Ydrasse worries me right now. If you think about it, I don't really know what they've actually done in this game.
I'm worried that Paladin might have killed Hopkirk and I'm also getting worried that Paladin hasn't really done anything at all.
I think Dogempire is honestly fine, I feel better about them now that they weren't just trying to get me killed for being a liability.
I think Flopz's vote on you is very reasonable and considering I feel unsure about a lot of slots this and dogempire are the closest things I would call townreads atm.

I'm not sure if its Grumpy Cat because I think their push on you is weird, it feels like such a weird thing for you to fake that entrance when no one knows who you are and I'm not sure I like him pushing it. Like I don't see why you would fake that on an alt and doubledown on meta when no one knows who you are.
However on the other side of the coin, I'm not sure what I should think of you not announcing your vote would put Icon at L-2 when you were paying attention.
Though its also like you two are playing the game and at least are trying to scumhunt.

So I really feel like it might be Ydrasse and Paladin unless those 2 just start contributing something thats meaningful because Dogempire and Flopz seem fine, I like you, and Grumpy Cat feels like they're trying to play the game.

{Dogempire, Flopz}
{Windows}
{Grumpy Cat}
{Ydrasse, Paladin}
GTKAS
| here.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i'm going to just go through today's posts.

Spoiler:
In post 337, Donempire wrote:Because it was an rvs vote

I think its more productive to focus on the hammerer instead of the bystanders.
Poor ico, now we can never get this game to 300 pages :(
VOTE: alisae
this pinged me immediately because it came in response to and feels like it's trying to pivot away from the fact that dong had a vote on the ico wagon, too; there were votes on the wagon that were not the product of rvs (mine, windows, alisae) and i think trying to frame a group of people as ~innocent~ (because bystanders is a pretty
passive
word for a wagon that went through) that includes yourself and make one person to be the one at fault like this is not a great take.

i can sympathize with the sentiment of not being able to trust a hammer like that that you vocalize later but trying to frame it like this feels pretty disingenuous.
In post 361, Piergeiron the Paladinson wrote:EVs are useful for determining setup balance. What is the point of pretending we are in a hypothetical scenario with only numbers at our disposal? Those percentages mean absolutely nothing unless we are eliminating at random. It would be absolutely ridiculous to no-eliminate today.
i really need to see some like... sense of where your head is at right now because your iso is sparse (which, short day 1 i get it) but so far it's just questioning and implications of your thoughts without you actually explaining them. it makes me leery of you since i have little to read as absolute and i have to do a lot more guesswork than most people here. Speak Your Mind Paladin.
In post 379, Alisae wrote:I think its strange and the explanation he’s given for it is strange.
I also think his primary focus is not scumhunting given at the start of this day, he votes me for basically being a liability and is trying to justify mislynching me with EVs and saying I’m a liability.

Why are you defending leaving an RVS vote on someone you townread? You may see it as common but at the end of the day, it is still bad play.
...i vibed with this post. i don't really know why gc is taking up the burden of defending an rvs vote over the span of like... a page? when i think that dong is capable of doing that. made me very ???
In post 395, Grumpy Cat wrote:
In post 389, Alisae wrote:Btw what do we think of the Hopkirk kill?
Flopz is town unless his scum partner really dictatored the kill. Flopz/I never kill Hop night 1 here, since we joined this game together for the lols.

I'll look through this ISO to see how strong his scumreads were. 1 min
admittedly i don't know the depth of bonds btwn you/flopz/hopkirk but i remember reading this post earlier in the day and not liking it and that still stands. like, do you have
that
much faith in flopz to say that?

similarly, flopz, do you think this holds true for gc?
In post 400, Donempire wrote:
In post 388, Alisae wrote:
In post 383, Donempire wrote:I'm literally the first vote alisae, im the most sus person on that wagon? For an rvs vote and a hammer that then happens while im asleep? Defend your hammer, dont try to paint me as scum instead, it only makes you seem worse. So far the only reasoning you gave was "it was an accident", and if so dont you check VCs?
You seem the most sus person on that wagon because you enabled that wagon to reach 5 votes when you could have easily made sure that that didn’t happen by unvoting.

And how am I not supposed to see your slot and think that what you’re doing is strange? Not only did you enable that wagon to reach 5 votes, but you’re also coming into the day phase trying to label me as a liability and saying why its better to mislynch then it is to lynch scum. Like this is really strange because it feels like you’re not trying to find scum. Do you have any other suspects or am I your only suspect?

I voted Icon because I scumread him and he was acting weird in regards to Windows and I liked Windows the most between their discussion with Icon. Thats why I voted Icon and I didn’t realize I hammered until I woke up and saw that I hammered. I’m sorry. I fucked up.
I'm not worried about you pushing me. But that shouldnt be your primary concern when you just lolhammered yesterday, because it just looks like you sweeping it under the rug. Now you're responding to it, so this isnt as big of a concern for me.

I still stand by that. I think your slot will never be completely townread or scumread because of the hammer. I dont know your gameplay, you may be a better player than me. Your slot however is tainted, and im worried scum!you will get away with doing this, like i said, because of devils advocates, and town!yous reads will be taken with a grain of salt always. Since its inherently an unreadable action and with no other targets, i thought it was a good compromise to let you go today so we could focus on other people without fear.
i don't like this post because it feels like trying to rein in what was a pretty heavy-handed push onto alisae into something that is more like... reasonable? which, like, i am taking with a grain of salt rn because i said the exact same thing about ico yesterday and i do still think that the hammer is hard to get past.

i also think my issue with it most of all is saying what alisae's primary concern should be...? as in, what point does alisae get to scumhunt today and stop being on the defensive? it seems a detriment to the town to try and tell what town!alisae should prioritize if it was a genuine accident — also, i'm similarly surprised that as the person who put ico to l-1 and didn't announce it (because i also didn't realize) you haven't considered asking me how/why.
In post 417, WindowsXP wrote:Hi I am working all this weekend. (Vl/a please till monday)
Got it! -D

I am not happy that Ico was hammered so soon, but they were a good PL regardless the way they were playing entitled. I think there is still scum within hopkirk/GC.
Also as for the games i "read". I must come clean and say I did lie and was using games that we both played in and was trying to apply meta. At the very least i wanted to get them to make some concrete stances that werent rooted in some 1v1.
I expected to likely die(no dead thread pm ): ) so i didn't bother using my free time i had between work shifts to draft anything up, but I will look through everyone at some point whenever i can. I'd like to play today a lot slower as we only used 1 day on d1.
There's soemthing else i wanted to share but i will out it when the time is right.
you... thought you would die when you were ico's Rival in this?

also what benefit did you think you'd get from lying?
In post 443, Flopz wrote:
In post 441, Grumpy Cat wrote:
In post 346, Grumpy Cat wrote:I'm sad Hop died :[

Flopz, do you think scum!you could be convinced to kill Hop on n1 by your partner?
Flopz pls

I'll change "launch" to "lunch" if you answer this for me
100%, I'll answer whatever question it takes!!! Just stop using that awful word :dead:

Playing with you guys was the reason you finally got me to try another forum game after the mess that was TM so I don't think I would kill you or Hop N1 unless I had a reaaaaaaaaaaally good reason.
Spoiler:
The Memes D1 were so f***ing good, I'm sad we'll never get those 500 pages anymore :(
I can't think of something that would cause me to do so unless you had somehow outed me as scum super duper fast.
you admit that you think hop was doing the most explicitly... well, explicit scumhunting. do you think as scum you would be worried about town!hop being able to read you?
In post 477, WindowsXP wrote:Me saying I didn't read the kill before posting in thread.

Ive already asked and have not received an answer.
And I will say this: i would have already sacced today without giving partner tells if i was scum.
I can explain later why.
But this is not my scum play here. I play mechs. I play optimal.
I read whats optimal and do it.
Scum!windows doesn't try on d2 after a lolhammer.
...eh? it's not really an alignment thing i guess but a weird thing. i can't imagine not checking the pm.

but that's in a vacuum and this game, i can see equally either a) this kill being used to frame you or b) you finding yourself in a bad position and trying to manufacture something that makes you seem townier i.e. "oh look at me, so surprised hop died!'. /shrug
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

hey it's me contributing!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Alisae »

Either way I think all 3 scum should be in {Grumpy Cat, Ydrasse, Paladin}
GTKAS
| here.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i'd probably elim in either dong/gc today.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

paladin feels like a non-entity but i also don't feel like we're all town sitting here pointing at each other over nothing, you know?

i'd prefer to get some notion of what paladin's thoughts were before committing to a vote on them.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

though i also don't think that dong/gc are scum together?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Ok before I go to bed I shall respond to the 2 juicy posts we have received just now
Re: didnt announce L-2: I didn't pay attention at the time. I was saying I SHOULD have paid attention and realized it. I hope that clarifies what I meant with that. Although Dong DIDN'T move their vote. I know my first instinct when I see real votes piling up on an RVS vote I don't want to actually go through is to unvote so them saying they were uwu so innocent about not moving it is not honest in my view. Not sure if its in their townrange to lie to get townread as town, but yeah.
re: dong: are they town purely because they didn't go for 1 wagon on you personally? Why?
re: paladin I agree we need to see a lot more from paladin. their only impression I got was to shade me which is quite odd
re: flopz : I find that a fair theory ydrasse. and also,

I feel like I'm missing a crucial piece of the puzzle here and that's probably a good solid townread because I just am not feeling anyone as solid town atm.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
WindowsXP
WindowsXP
Goon
WindowsXP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by WindowsXP »

Oh welp cats out of the bag i misposted
WindowsXP
WindowsXP
Goon
WindowsXP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by WindowsXP »

xP
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i already knew that was your alt so it's ok
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

*pat pat*

do you think that as scum you would feel a need to push a town!ico who might be able to feel out your game given recency?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
WindowsXP
WindowsXP
Goon
WindowsXP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by WindowsXP »

It was supposed to be semisecret but yes. I'm trying a MUCH LESS spammy playstyle on an alt thats focused on group response / keeping stuff within 1 post and only posting small posts when it is a direct question to a post.

I know its pretty obvious that's me for people who know my typing style but hey!

Also I'm gonna reveal the strategy I want to employ for today on Sunday, or if I feel its good sooner. That should be enough time to have discussion that isn't tainted.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i like this new style personally and it feels a lot easier 2 digest
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
WindowsXP
WindowsXP
Goon
WindowsXP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by WindowsXP »

But hey yall can verify I don't really check who died, only that it wasn't ME who died. even mentioned it in a recent completed game (a mini normal where I won after hilariously bad play from myself)
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

Alright Koba post games now plz so we can verify you don’t read night kills
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by Alisae »

I don’t get why you feel the need to have an alt when no one knows who the fuck you are but its whatever
GTKAS
| here.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:31 pm