Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 999, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 996, Tanner wrote:hello i'm here earlier than usual since the deadline is in ~24 hours and i'm feeling dead tired today and will soon disappear back into the void for another 12 hours

my room-temperature bad-VCA take is that beeboy is prob town for how "fast" the wagon was there but also that i'd be willing to vote there if really necessary

i actually *don't* feel that strong of an urge to vote taylor anymore? i dunno. would definitely still fight lavender.

chara, i think you asked me about catboi? this is me acknowledging that i read that, but just... N/A. my brain is fried. the closest thing i got is that his townread on me felt ~weird~.
what exactly have i done to turn this around? if anything ive been doing less the last couple days, this seems like a strange townlean
it's not a townlean, it's a lessened (not disappeared) desire to vote you

if you're asking what you've done to accomplish that, the answer is "i don't know"
your eyes on the city.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:05 am

Post by Isis »

Spare Votecount 1.9
Hectic--------------------------

beeboy-----------------------

Chara---------------------------
(2) Chara, catboi
Prism --------------------------

PookyTheMagicalBear -------
(1) PookyTheMagicalBear
catboi--------------------------
(1) Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet----------------
(3) Tayl0r Swift, Hectic, beeboy
Tayl0r Swift -------------------

Lavender ----------------------

redtea --------------------------

Tanner -------------------------

CantLynchAPuppy-------------
(1) CantLynchAPuppy
Not sparing:
- (5) Prism, Lavender, redtea, Tanner, beeboy

Fight Votecount 1.9
Hectic--------------------------
(1) Prism
beeboy-----------------------
(3) Chara, Hectic, CantLynchAPuppy
Chara---------------------------
(2) redtea, Tayl0r Swift,
Prism --------------------------
(1) catboi
PookyTheMagicalBear -------

catboi--------------------------

Morning Tweet----------------

Tayl0r Swift -------------------
(1) beeboy
Lavender ----------------------
(1) Tanner
redtea --------------------------

Tanner -------------------------

CantLynchAPuppy-------------

Not Fighting:
- (2) PookyTheMagicalBear, Lavender

Beeboy found the journey Chara was going to take very inspiring. But he thought that Chara needed a guardian fairy to serve as a kid-friendly character in this story.
"Cast magic light upon the ledge for him!" beeboy ribbitted, and kicked Morning Tweet into the air over the ledge. Although normally Morning Tweet had control over light and dark, in this costume she did not. She fluttered above the ledge, and it only seemed to highlight how dangerous the ledge was for someone who could not fly. She did make a nice center for the camera shot, though.

With 12 alive and unspared, it takes 7 votes to make a decision.
The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-09-15 15:27:24)
Last edited by Isis on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

why is it that everyone featured in the flavor looks super scummy in the flavor? like how is beeboy not evil in this flavor? and how was i not evil in the last one?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:25 am

Post by catboi »

In post 994, Prism wrote:For me, I'm trying to strike a balance between interrogating your reads without being a nuisance asking to be towncased. The way you're describing this-setting you up/not actually interested in what you are-makes me think that you expect me to have fully interrogated you further if I really found it sketchy. I immediately stated exactly what my issue was, and instead of correcting it, being like "yeah w/e", or expounding on it you played the offended/indignant card. This bothered me - I think it's really clear that the concrete reasons you listed are ??? applied to me - and has made me question if the offense is genuine. This interests me a lot more than a quotewall of why the reads I've given are town.

There's a scum motivation early to AtE to drop a pressure from your bad reads, but the only reason I see why you would double down on this as scum is feeling that you have to for appearances (Vote on Tayl0r if I'm setting you up would be pretty ???)

Can you lay out more explicitly why my approach here is not town/how exactly my approach is not trying to figure out your alignment?
feels like you're trying to ding me no matter what I say when I was trying to explain a gutread. and when I'm trying to explain myself over and over to someone I think is town and keep getting shot down it means I'm probably just wrong about that person
In post 997, Prism wrote:It's also just bizarre that I've made my stance clear, asked no questions beyond a rhetorical one hoping you'd understand why I was/am skeptical and we could leave it at that, only for you to get more defensive+accusatory in a spiraling cycle. I'm not setting you up by doing this. Like maybe I'm intentionally baiting you into being defensive but I have repeatedly tried to disagree and call it a day.
It doesn't feel like the kind of thing you go "okay agree to disagree" on unless you're just shelving it to use as ammo later down the line
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 996, Tanner wrote:my room-temperature bad-VCA take is that beeboy is prob town for how "fast" the wagon was there but also that i'd be willing to vote there if really necessary
Very much disagree with this. What do you think scum would do in this situation if beeboy is town? There were no other viable counterwagons as more people started voting him, the other largest wagon at the time was actually Chara on 2 votes, and you can be the judge of how likely scum thinks that'll go through.

The rate at which the wagon grew tells me very little, since scum in equal parts would want to get on for buscred if they think he's going down, but what does alarm me a little is no one taking up the opportunity on the Tayl0r counterwagon that arose a little later. catboi and beeboy both voted her and i wouldn't have been surprised if it swayed some others, but no one else joined.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1002, Tayl0r Swift wrote:why is it that everyone featured in the flavor looks super scummy in the flavor? like how is beeboy not evil in this flavor? and how was i not evil in the last one?
I believe it's related to who we FIGHT:

also, NOT COOL beeboy. i barely know how to use these wings! (>﹏<)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:33 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

HURT: beeboy

deadline is closing in and this imo is our best option.

any1 thinks they have a better case on somebody else I will be happy to listen but let's get this done before deadline gets uncomfortably close.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 964, beeboy wrote:The seperation between, me, red tea, lavender is literally nothing yet I dodge the POE somehow.
Why do you think that's scum-indicative? Your slot was looking very viable as a push so what's the motivation in setting you apart from the other two?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1003, catboi wrote:feels like you're trying to ding me no matter what I say when I was trying to explain a gutread. and when I'm trying to explain myself over and over to someone I think is town and keep getting shot down it means I'm probably just wrong about that person
again, gutreads are valid, but stated reasons that I think are bad are going to be judged. that is how articulating a read works. bonus that that's precisely why I don't like to ask to begin with, btw
In post 1003, catboi wrote:It doesn't feel like the kind of thing you go "okay agree to disagree" on unless you're just shelving it to use as ammo later down the line
if u say so ❣⃛(❛ั◡˜๑)

comfortable townread now so this works for me
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Prism »

There's really just no motivation to randomly pick this fight with me, at the time you did it, and in the overly emotional/indignant way you did, imo. I'd really expect you to be pointing towards something more universally accessible/concrete that I'm doing wrong if the goal is to legitimately push me, rather than the more paranoid cries of "he's setting me up!"

in comparison I have seen indignant catmanbaby town on many occasions, and last night baby want his bottle for sure
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Prism »

and yeah i'm gonna discredit u like that catboi what are you gonna do about it???
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:04 am

Post by catboi »

I mean good for you I guess
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Prism »

yeah catboi is town imo, as scum I'm pretty sure he just keeps up the offended act/continues to argue with me

reaction is a lot more resigned to either being either wrong entirely or being right but actively baited
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Chara »

20 hours, so it's probably-beeboy or maybe-Taylor. Pooky's right.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1012, Prism wrote:yeah catboi is town imo, as scum I'm pretty sure he just keeps up the offended act/continues to argue with me

reaction is a lot more resigned to either being either wrong entirely or being right but actively baited
I don't know how it is you have some portrait in mind of what I
would
do as scum here
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by catboi »

While spiritually I would love to just leave my vote on Prism until the end of the day, the dead air around the beeboy wagon suddenly bothers me.

HURT: Lavender

Something of a shot in the dark.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Chara »

so, i finished reading the Prism and kitty argument. i don't know, i don't like Prism's approach to it at all. there's pressing for explanation or depth to a read and then there's pressing beyond what's reasonable. accusing kitty if AtE again and again and then, what, jokingly insulting them in your recent posts? if you're trying to kid, it's just coming off as nasty. you keep saying kitty should have agreed to disagree and ended it but you could have done the same thing, especially when it became clear you weren't getting anywhere.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 999, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 996, Tanner wrote:hello i'm here earlier than usual since the deadline is in ~24 hours and i'm feeling dead tired today and will soon disappear back into the void for another 12 hours

my room-temperature bad-VCA take is that beeboy is prob town for how "fast" the wagon was there but also that i'd be willing to vote there if really necessary

i actually *don't* feel that strong of an urge to vote taylor anymore? i dunno. would definitely still fight lavender.

chara, i think you asked me about catboi? this is me acknowledging that i read that, but just... N/A. my brain is fried. the closest thing i got is that his townread on me felt ~weird~.
what exactly have i done to turn this around? if anything ive been doing less the last couple days, this seems like a strange townlean
this post is a little +town for Taylor. questioning (what she thinks is) a townlean in this way doesn't look like a way to prompt Tanner into defending her, it just seems she genuinely finds it strange.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Chara »

Taylor: i feel like i already questioned you about this but i can't find the post. i'm curious as to why you think i'm just going for popular reads and not actually scumhunting. i don't consider that a fair assessment of my play this game, or of how i was reading you.

kitty: what do you mean by the dead air around the beeboy wagon, and why does that make Lavender better?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1018, Chara wrote:kitty: what do you mean by the dead air around the beeboy wagon, and why does that make Lavender better?
By dead air, I mean the fact that everyone seems to be quietly accepting of it happening and not a lot is being said. The tell, as I've heard it offsite, is "dead air, dead villager". Is Lavender better? It's basically a dart throw at this point (although I didn't want to admit that). The prospect is someone who might be readable vs someone who isn't and hasn't said anything particularly town (and had one post that was not great, as I recall).
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Tanner »

hello friends, insomnia is kicking my ass

i was gonna vote beeboy (because deadline and i see my vote is still on lavender oops) but i wanna see if it's possible something happens there now

also vaguely agree with
your eyes on the city.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by catboi »

Right, was the post from Lavender that wasn't very good, as originally pointed out by Tanner
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 857, Tayl0r Swift wrote:hectic - probably town. stop being a goof though, and while i agree that deciding lavender is town rather than scum is passing on an opportunity for opportunism, it feels like a weak read
elements - beeboy hasnt really done anything to make me townread that slot (yet)
chara - am i the only one thinking chara might be scum here? chara let themself be talked into scumreading me pretty easily, and seems to float around the popular opinions a lot but never do much scumhunting
prism - prolly just town
pooky - definitely town
catboi - i still have misgivings
morning - those ears could never be scum
lavender - needs more content, in PoE
redtea - i dont remember any posts from this slot. i guess at some point i should read the iso but its not a good sign if they arent doing anything worth remembering. could just be the awolness that made me forget
tanner - prolly just town
puppy - hasnt really done much townie recently, but was a townread earlier

so that makes my PoE chara, lavender, redtea, puppy. out of those i want to HURT: chara
In post 861, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 859, Prism wrote:Hey Taylor, really glad to see you collect your reads like that. I get some of your misgivings on catboi, but can you expound on why you shifted to thinking overeager town awhile back?

It seems like the scumread was more gutreaction to Pooky, but I'm curious as to what you were thinking as you read.
i dont know if i could really articulate my read on catboi. actually ive kinda proven that i cant. theres just something there i dont like.

i guess catboi and beeboy are also in PoE.
In post 869, Tayl0r Swift wrote:im down for a beeboy wagon

@Hectic the progression throughout these 3 posts is what I view as scum indicative.
It feels very fast and all in response to posts that reference me, like "ah yes guess I will miselim this town if you all insist."
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

i like how everyone i was considering in the reads post a while back (except for pooky) has just remained relevant (Tayl0r, Lavender, beeboy-Elements). I half thought i was just gonna vote park on tayl0r all day and then get a decent shot at eliminating scum with almost no effort

Tayl0r occasionally posts stuff that makes me reconsider though. Somebody already pointed out the post where she questions people turning around on her, agree that's sort of a weird scum move

i see what beeboy is talking about -- the progression on her reads is crazy. Did you see the catboi read?!

But I don't really wanna say it makes her scum, it's possible scum!beeboy is grasping at straws here. Or maybe a town!beeboy comes to the conclusion she's scummy for it too, i'm sure it's possible esp when he's been busy lately and tayl0r kind of sticks out

Still my preferred wagon is beeboy as of rn
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

i think the word for my catboi read is gut.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”