Silent Star 2: Menagerie

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 417, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I mean cmon really?
i mean by this logic you're saying isis and i are mafia together and just were the first two votes on two wagons we pushed? is that something you think mafia frequently do? i don't think being the first two posters makes much a difference, especially since both of you then declined to actually participate in the game for some time.
why are the stars dancing?
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

If i was the scum here I would have recruited ydrasse and pushed a taylor elim I think
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

no I didn't say you and isis were mafia together. I found it very scummy she would follow you 2 condemnations in a row.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 427, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:no I didn't say you and isis were mafia together.
i guess this was lost in animal communication. because it sure felt like that is what you were pushing.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm

In post 423, drusilla wrote:it is very easy to look at other players games i have done so for everyone in this game and i've never played with many of you. do you think a mafia who had to choose their partner would not do so? i don't understand this.
ok and what in my play-history would suggest I am good as a scum-partner ? I'm usually outspoken, brash and draw tons of attention - in a post restricted game such as this one I would think the ideal partner would be someone who is more of a silent hide in the shadows type player.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

wait, don't maf recruit only after the first condemnation?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:02 pm

In post 428, drusilla wrote:
In post 427, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:no I didn't say you and isis were mafia together.
i guess this was lost in animal communication. because it sure felt like that is what you were pushing.

no my point was it was very scummy for her to sheep you twice in both condemnations. You want options and choices at the exec phase and if you trust the wrong person you can easily not have any good options.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

i think the recruit would vote with scum r2 but probs not day 1.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:03 pm

In post 430, PlusJOYED wrote:wait, don't maf recruit only after the first condemnation?
mafia choose before the game started

ill townbin this
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

i think pooky is town and isis is scum actually
VOTE: isis
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:04 pm

oh wow way to make us look super shady dude sigh -.-
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 429, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok and what in my play-history would suggest I am good as a scum-partner ? I'm usually outspoken, brash and draw tons of attention - in a post restricted game such as this one I would think the ideal partner would be someone who is more of a silent hide in the shadows type player.
for me what would suggest you're a good choice for me would be the drawing of attention, but i'm not sure i could evaluate why other players would make that decision. i disagree with the last sentence entirely but it feels particularly not useful to discuss.
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 433, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ill townbin this
eh. i really dislike this kind of thing because i've seen a lot of players as mafia use it to manipulate. it's null at best i think.
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 437, drusilla wrote:eh. i really dislike this kind of thing because i've seen a lot of players as mafia use it to manipulate. it's null at best i think.
especially since it is something that can easily be checked instead of voiced.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 426, PlusJOYED wrote:If i was the scum here I would have recruited ydrasse and pushed a taylor elim I think
why taylor, specifically?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:07 pm

In post 436, drusilla wrote:
In post 429, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok and what in my play-history would suggest I am good as a scum-partner ? I'm usually outspoken, brash and draw tons of attention - in a post restricted game such as this one I would think the ideal partner would be someone who is more of a silent hide in the shadows type player.
for me what would suggest you're a good choice for me would be the drawing of attention, but i'm not sure i could evaluate why other players would make that decision. i disagree with the last sentence entirely but it feels particularly not useful to discuss.
imo in a post restricted game you don't want somebody who has low self control and just spam posts a lot. Which I kind of did.

I was really excited to be a tiger and there were a large number of really cute tiger gifs and apparently thats scummy :(
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:09 pm

In post 437, drusilla wrote:
In post 433, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ill townbin this
eh. i really dislike this kind of thing because i've seen a lot of players as mafia use it to manipulate. it's null at best i think.
it really depends on the player and I dont think plusJOYed is manipulating unless you can show me a completed game where he plays in a more competent fashion.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 440, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I was really excited to be a tiger and there were a large number of really cute tiger gifs and apparently thats scummy
it's scummy that you didn't try to communicate with other players beyond 'cute tiger gif' and then cared about the votes and what would happen if we didn't reach consensus. like that's pretty straightforward to me.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 420, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 416, Isis wrote:Why do you doubt this is what I would do?
because if you want to wifom the town you just pick who you are unlikely to pick

if you want to play with someone specifically as your partner you just pick that person.

I don't see it likely that you go to the trouble of random.orging the partner because you have some preference for what you want this game to be like and it's somewhat special and unique to be able to pick your partner.
I don't like wifom and don't like losing because I wifom'ed wrong. I would rather lose for other reasons.
I randomize wifom choices in card games all the time because I would rather remove the possibility the other person has gotten into my head, rather than try to get into their head.
Lately this has involved wiggling the mouse very fast between the two options when I play this card and clicking randomly
Spoiler:

I don't know for 100% sure if I would do randomization if I drew scum, since I didn't draw scum, but I have done so in similar cases and that's my best guess
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 442, drusilla wrote:it's scummy that you didn't try to communicate with other players beyond 'cute tiger gif' and then cared about the votes and what would happen if we didn't reach consensus. like that's pretty straightforward to me.
and then after the first condemnation the first thing i tried to do was ask your opinion on direction to go in, because you had already been condemned, so it's super useful information. and you didn't respond despite multiple attempts and just continued 'cute gif' 'random clicks' until we voted for plusjoyed, and then you cared about the game again.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:12 pm

In post 442, drusilla wrote:
In post 440, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I was really excited to be a tiger and there were a large number of really cute tiger gifs and apparently thats scummy
it's scummy that you didn't try to communicate with other players beyond 'cute tiger gif' and then cared about the votes and what would happen if we didn't reach consensus. like that's pretty straightforward to me.
ok can you explain why that is? What was there to communicate about that I didn't do?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 445, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok can you explain why that is? What was there to communicate about that I didn't do?
who to vote for? for instance. if you care about the lack of consensus votes helping to develop a consensus seems the correct course of action. do you not think anyone was trying to communicate about the game?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:14 pm

In post 444, drusilla wrote:
In post 442, drusilla wrote:it's scummy that you didn't try to communicate with other players beyond 'cute tiger gif' and then cared about the votes and what would happen if we didn't reach consensus. like that's pretty straightforward to me.
and then after the first condemnation the first thing i tried to do was ask your opinion on direction to go in, because you had already been condemned, so it's super useful information. and you didn't respond despite multiple attempts and just continued 'cute gif' 'random clicks' until we voted for plusjoyed, and then you cared about the game again.
because I didn't know what to do. People literally just threw me in a cage and said hey this guy is probly scum, you really think first thing on my mind after that happens is "well time to get the town to listen to me now"?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 422, PlusJOYED wrote:i honestly thought everyone was just making random noise and had no idea people were making code words
you plus Joy to this game
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 446, drusilla wrote:who to vote for? for instance. if you care about the lack of consensus votes helping to develop a consensus seems the correct course of action. do you not think anyone was trying to communicate about the game?
like if you're town you'd help develop a consensus. i think mafia would be far more likely to say, hey look we need to do this. instead of doing it.
In post 447, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:because I didn't know what to do. People literally just threw me in a cage and said hey this guy is probly scum, you really think first thing on my mind after that happens is "well time to get the town to listen to me now"?
i was listening to you. in fact i asked you, twice, which direction you thought we should go in.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”